Options

Attacks to give Trauma to so Ebon Ruin ain't so special anymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    braddkashhbraddkashh Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    Fawk that broke-**** imbue.. They can bring it back as it was, but at least fixed to consume on heal/attack LIKE IT SHOULDA! *****. :tongue:

Bro, you know how awesome it was being at like 1K hp about to die and then instantly have full HP with 1 conviction AND doing massive dmg at the same time? I know you used it too, don't lie! :tongue: Why would you wanna nerf that? That **** is OP as hell. I loved it.

I will always vote for imbue being AS IT WAS with NO FIXES. Then again, I like being OP.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    braddkashh wrote: »
    I actually agree. Stop crying kids. Deal with what we have. It's not gonna get any better, just worse if you continue being crybabies. (not meant to offend anyone, just put bluntly).

If you wanna cry about powers, make a thread in suggestion or general section asking to bring back imbue as it was with no fixes. Only thing that is wrong with PvP is that. Hence why more than half of the PvPers left after imbue patch.

Or we could just avoid pvp... I've noticed a few posts over time crying about how the queues are dead and several arenas never pop anymore... but hey, it's more important that we be allowed to take advantage of being op than it is to actually have the hero games be fully functional, right?

"I don't care if I'm the only one pvping, so long as I'm OP." :biggrin:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Or we could just avoid pvp... I've noticed a few posts over time crying about how the queues are dead and several arenas never pop anymore... but hey, it's more important that we be allowed to take advantage of being op than it is to actually have the hero games be fully functional, right?

"I don't care if I'm the only one pvping, so long as I'm OP." :biggrin:

I've never understood why, PvP is by far the most fun part about this game. Ques are dead now because like I said, more than half of the community left due to imbue patch. If it were still here, I can guarantee you ques would be popping and PVP would be thriving.

Being OP has nothing to do with it. Everyone and their grandma's are running the most OP builds nowadays. I can't remember the last time I fought someone who didn't have ER or 2gm.

And pft, I'll never be alone in PvP. Malware and Green will always be here lol. Both whom are OP as well (Green more OP than both of us combined).
  • Options
    storytimewitheddstorytimewithedd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeeee_screnshot.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    okay I lied... I don't need Malware.
    13639781721.png[/url]

<3
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've never understood why, PvP is by far the most fun part about this game. Ques are dead now because like I said, more than half of the community left due to imbue patch. If it were still here, I can guarantee you ques would be popping and PVP would be thriving.

Being OP has nothing to do with it. Everyone and their grandma's are running the most OP builds nowadays. I can't remember the last time I fought someone who didn't have ER or 2gm.
    Didn't we just duel today? :p
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Didn't we just duel today? :p

OH right, sorry. Sters is the only non ER/2gm build I've dueled in awhile. well and Green, we duel as melee's so it doesn't count :P

Totally forgot bro, my bad.

BTW, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT ER or 2gm, just saying they are not a problem and everyone uses them nowadays. NOT THAT IT NEEDS TO BE NERFED.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    screenshots don't WORK in PvP!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I actually agree. Stop crying kids. Deal with what we have. It's not gonna get any better, just worse if you continue being crybabies. (not meant to offend anyone, just put bluntly).

If you wanna cry about powers, make a thread in suggestion or general section asking to bring back imbue as it was with no fixes. Only thing that is wrong with PvP is that. Hence why more than half of the PvPers left after imbue patch.

You'd be surprised at how much you agree with when you understand what's being said. Imbue was always a useless power. :)
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You'd be surprised at how much you agree with when you understand what's being said. Imbue was always a useless power. :)

Imbue was one of the key powers for non-AoPM nukers (notice that I said nukers, not maintainers) to get on par with their Alphabet-Soup counterparts, most likely because it could give you the opportunity to not worry much about crit chance and let you focus on the other needed requirements, it worked very well with INT primary even with the loss of some STR. It is already hard for these specific builds to spread all the stats and features to AoPM level, and Imbue was making it easier while using a very different scheme.

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've never understood why, PvP is by far the most fun part about this game <if you can have fun in this game while being forced to build a certain way>. Ques are dead now because like I said, more than half of the community left due to imbue patch <which means a bunch of people got really upset when they found out they would have to think up a new build to be op with, some of them deciding they just couldn't have fun anymore without having that big an advantage over people who didn't take imbue>. If it were still here, I can guarantee you ques would be popping and PVP would be thriving <within last year's post-on alert defenition of thriving...I wonder how bad it has to get before someone says that what we had right now was thriving>.

Being OP has nothing to do with it <it shouldn't have anything to do with it... and yet:>. Everyone and their grandma's are running the most OP builds nowadays <but being op has nothing to do with it?>. I can't remember the last time I fought someone who didn't have ER or 2gm <but being op isn't more important than being creative/original since being op has nothing to do with it... right?>.

And pft, I'll never be alone in PvP. Malware and Green will always be here lol. Both whom are OP as well (Green more OP than both of us combined) <hell, you don't even need 2 other people, just 1 other person and technically you can still pvp... I would call that setting the bar low, but I'm a negative nancy>.

I did a fun thing and mixed my post in with your post. Same principle as chocolate milk.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

I did a fun thing and mixed my post in with your post. Same principle as chocolate milk.

Well I guess we just have different opinions and I don't see either of us convincing the other on our points. Lets agree to disagree :)

I will say that my under 5k HP PVE dps toon with no pvp advantages can kill a lot of "OP" AoPM ER/2gm builds, so it's not that it isn't possible. Anything is possible if you put some thought into it.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Imbue was one of the key powers for non-AoPM nukers (notice that I said nukers, not maintainers) to get on par with their Alphabet-Soup counterparts, most likely because it could give you the opportunity to not worry much about crit chance and let you focus on the other needed requirements, it worked very well with INT primary even with the loss of some STR. It is already hard for these specific builds to spread all the stats and features to AoPM level, and Imbue was making it easier while using a very different scheme.

Yes!!! Somebody who understands the imbue mechanics as it was designed to work originally.

It is meant exactly for such purpose. Once off, charged heavy-crit attack not maintained without the AoPM, PSS (crit) and crit gear. It allowed full decked heal gear and still be able to confidently pull off a crit.

Ever since the nerf, I had switch to pure crit gear for abt 40% crit, perma ego surge (nimble mind) brings that about 90% but crit severity has become a miserable 75% and I cannot use protector mastery to further lower my active defenses cooldowns. My BCR and conviction does not heal as much as before due to lack of heal gears and the lapse between MDs are longer.

In compensation, NPGs were added to increase damage and Eruptions for greater defense. LOL.

Actually OP builds are fun in PvP for a while. Then it gets boring (at least for me) because you either cannot be killed hence losing the challenge or you kill everyone hence there is no challenge? Then it is time to retire that toon and build the next OP build (in a majorly different way of course) hahaha. That is of course in my opinion since it is the building rather than the actual fighting. I still remember watching a martial arts move Hero by Zhang Yimou where two highly skilled martial artists duelled but the entire match took place in their minds while they just stood still in the middle of a courtyard. Heehee you win the fight when people realise you are too OP and they leave the fight :D:D:D

JUST FOR LAUGHS
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I didn't expect to see Imbue come back up... xD

See, I'm of pretty mixed opinion on Imbue. What it has become? I think that's actually kinda neat. Getting more crit chance when you're closer to dying is a pretty neat Active Offense, but why turn Imbue into that?

Imbue was being odd with a lot of powers, that's for sure. I too wish they had just fixed the bugged power interactions rather than taking a sledgehammer to Imbue. (because a power being unable to crit is probably the worst thing that can happen to it, hello Gas Arrow)

I'm sorry that you had to radically change your build and buy up devices to make up for lost damage and defense, but I for one am glad that, if you didn't have your Eruptions, you would be hypothetically killable since your lapses in MD are longer, therefore allowing your opponent to actually gain some ground. 75% critsev might be mediocre but you're still pumping out some heavy damage if you're doing 175% of your base damage 90% of the time. My builds are often stuck at 30% crit chance, 56% when Ego Surge'd!

Oh, Ubtri and I had a pretty neat duel yesterday that lasted a while. Quarry Archer VS Defiance ranged TK. The only device he was using was Omicron Induced Strength (or was it just the Hurl power? I didn't actually check the combat log) and it was a fun fight. I almost got him down a few times before he hit Resurgence! It was great and I was happy even though I lost since devices were barely there.

The 6k TK lance that got past my dodge was totally unexpected, but it was one of the better duels I've had in a while. That's the hazard of playing a character specced more heavily into DPS rather than defenses.

That being said, if he had used his main character, it probably would have ended in seconds. Q_Q
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LOL... 30--56%? Now I see why you're having trouble in PvP, no offense. No matter what anyone says, if you need trauma just to get kills, you need to re-think your strategy.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yea, my defiance tkl toon was using just Omicron. He still has Heroic gear and R5 mods, for that matter. He could be doing better for sure. Was definitely a fun duel tho! :smile:
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    *snip*

On most of Avenger-nuker builds, if you meet all the defensive requirements including STR primary you won't have the energy to spike anyone down, gathering INT and cost discount to be able to do so will get you vulnerable especially if you give up STR for it. Before Riftwalker got slaughtered with the Imbue nerf he was just sitting with like 17% crit chance which was just for some extra oomph at very random moments. With Imbue you could afford to go INT and fill all the requirements, trading some defensive abilities for massive, defense-penetrating, damage (12k Ebon Ruins as an average), and this on a relatively short cooldown compared to EGO Surge which is often predictable. The pre-nerf Imbue heal related bug was actually very useful to get the needed sustain through crit-healing as Ranged DPS (Avenger) got some very little healing with no role bonus nor extra PRE.

Lastly, 30% base crit chance is really fair, especially if you're throwing alot of attacks or using maintains rather than one big spike, and even with the latter it's still fair. 30-35 base is often the main goal for balanced builds.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Told ya. :P