test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things that irk us most in CO.

deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
An organized rant. Pick three things about CO, any three things, that really annoy you and post them here. I'll start.

1. Lack of Dev notification, cooperation, and acknowledgement toward the CO Community and its desires.

2. The Chat-banning System Abuse.

3. Millennium City's Kiddie Camo Grass.
Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. The lack of a LIVE GameMaster presence within the game.

2. The Chat Ban System.

3. The amount of amassed bugs, missing costume unlocks, and powerset imbalances.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1 - The implementation of Vehicles, specifically the release of many of them only through Lockboxes.

2 - Lockboxes.

3 - The occasional proliferation of DOOOOOMMM!!!! threads in the forums. Just because your particular pet peeve isn't being addressed doesn't mean the game is "dying".
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    deadman20 wrote: »
    3. Millennium City's Kiddie Camo Grass.

I hate this as well. I could have sworn that at launch, the grass looked much nicer. Was it just me, or did it change?
    biffsig.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Caliga's ability to break all mirrors in a 300 ft radius just by taking his helmet off.

2. The lazy chat ban system.

3. The rate at which lockboxes drop when I'm trying to find gear.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. The sheer quantity of Lockbox drops. It's like they're in all the loot table slots that used to give Common or Uncommon gear under the old system.

2. Alerts being implemented with the same eye for balance and skill in creating a good queueing system as was evident for PvP back in 2009.

3. The enormous "FU" sign erected outside the crafting halls, greeting any returnee who had amassed almost enough stuff for a CTP under the old system.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Persistence of bugs and re-introduction of bugs that were once fixed.

2. Alerts have awards that are too high compared to UTC and most missions

3. 250 G cap on silver players (and I am a gold player)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hate this as well. I could have sworn that at launch, the grass looked much nicer. Was it just me, or did it change?

It lagged the server. Same as the poor coyotes. So they cutted it off.

Actually no idea.

Nothing irks me. Everything is just fine.
    Everything is just fine.
    Just fine.
    *keeps rocking back and forth in a corner*
    ..fine...fine...fine...

(it doesn't get any better no matter how many times i write what sucks)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since I don't want to repeat something anyone has said (Like the chat bug system)

1- Removing the ability to acquire certain weapon unlocks after On Alert, and never implementing others that exist in the game.

2- 'Fixing' costume 'bugs' that everyone enjoys.

3- Weapon mods being in the standard drop tables.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will also not repeat the good things already said...

1. The removal of things from the game(Click Upgrades<now Legacy Devices>, OM Rares, Crafted Unlocks, Crafted PRs, Perk Gear with Costume Unlocks, and Lair Unlocks like NC) only to have them sold back to us in some fashion. If it was obtainable through play then it should be again(put the legacy devices on the mobs that have them and let us farm, turn the PRs into Weapon Geo Unlocks and put them and the AFs in Snake Gulch). Sell us NEW Stuff...not old.

2. That Regular Alerts are not min LvL 15(25 for Nemesis) and, to compensate for this, that the Desert and Canadian Crisis aren't back at 6 where they used to be to provide 3 vialble leveling paths straight out of the tutorial and cut down on burnout.

3. That lockboxes are GOLD items so they bork up the team "Need or Greed" system. Nothing more fun than running a lair with friends and having a lockbox pop up in battle every 15 seconds. Please, MAKE THEM WHITE.

4. Similiar to 3, someone needs to standardize the loot color system in this game. GRAB Unlocks and recycled Epic Samuria unlocks are NOT RARE so make them NOT PURPLE. The same is pretty bad when it comes to devices as well.

5. That LvL 30 > LvL 40 in the eyes of Cryptic. Please..undo it and never do it again.

6. ANYTHING in CO with a less than 1% drop rate. ESPECIALLY if it's a vanity item like a costume unlock or an action figure.

7. That I'm still waiting for the promised repeat of the PTS Dev Action Figure Event(I was out of town on assignment) and have little to no faith it will ever happen despite being promised and if it does happen that there will be some stupid reason I don't get a Tiyshen AF(Just rename it).

8. CO's inadequate GM System. There's a reason that "GMs are an Urban Legend" is a popular joke ingame.

9. That things like The Earth Passive(it's been over a year) and "NEW" Telepathy dissapeared into limbo.

10. That when I talk to my friends who used to play CO and they ask me about all the cool new stuff that would urge them to come back(as golds) I can't even bring myself to spin the last year into something positive enough to bring them back. Heck, one of them is LTS and I can't even convince him to patch. :frown:

Ok, that should be a solid start for me. I wish this wasn't so easy.

P.S. 11. That this thread will likely accomplish nothing because only the players will read it.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most of mine are already mentioned, but the biggest unmentioned is:

1. No Foundry.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unlike the others, I am repeating what are my biggest issues (because they need to be repeated):

1. Lack of developer notification, cooperation, and acknowledgement toward the CO Community and its desires. Also includes the lack of a developer period.

2. The Chat-banning System abuse.

3. The lack of a LIVE GameMaster presence within the game. Also includes the lack of a GM period.
    crosschan wrote: »
    P.S. 11. That this thread will likely accomplish nothing because only the players will read it.

Trailturtle might. Only because he's our forum mod. But true otherwise.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any new system that is added to the game that is halfway abandoned. Hideouts for one. Vehicles are looking like its going to be the same thing. Some costume sets not working for male and female.

Everything On Alert beyond the character specializations and stat changes is a mess. Why is it all purple? Team Up is the result of all the most serious game breaking bugs like Gravitar kicks and the Destroid Invasion.

Telepathy set not being out yet. This being cancelled and removed from PTS was the sign that no more power sets and new powers are going to be developed.

Lost content! Lost content! Lost content! Action Figures, Costume Pieces, useful craftable items, and the rest of the Legacy devices. Cutting us off from Canada as an alternate leveling path, which would only have been acceptable if the alternate neighborhood zones would have came out soon after. We still haven't gotten them.
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Lack of end-game lv40 content. (We level up a sickening amount of alts)

2. Nobody is home, no devs and the one guy doing the new mission wont grow some balls and talk us through what the hell hes doing making content level 30 -.-. (Doesnt include trailturtle, we luv you! Ur the best community rep we ever had)

3. This game committed suicide when tumorboy was removed. Bring tumorboy back and dont you dare move him again!

4. Pets are broke..Again and again and agaaaaain and again an again an again.....and agaaaaaaaaain and again.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The stereotype is, for gaming, that putting a game in the hands of the players instead of developers would ruin it.

In our case... hell, we sure couldn't do any worse than what we've already got.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1) Telepathy Sucks

2) Holds/Debuff Systems Suck

3) It's taken over 3 years of SUCK and there's still no positive change.
    edited February 2013
    the greatest possible thing, in my humble opinion, would be for Blizzard Entertainment to somehow buy Cryptic and give them access to their funding and development/support team.

Then for sure we'd be able to get stuff fixed and content added like everybody wants, rather than languishing forgotten in a corner of the room like we are now.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. The way PvP / power balance has gotten less and less care over time.

2. The way we keep getting trolled with temporary content.

3. The complete lack of innovation when it comes to fight mechanics/ npc ai.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We only get to pick three? :confused:

Hmmm... lets see...

1) Chat Ban System

2) Lockboxes (and locking exclusive content behind them specifically)

3) The complete and utter lack of vision or direction in this game, and the resulting lack of positive* development or growth**.

*by which I mean the addition of things people actually want and like, as opposed to the next new shiny the devs come up with
    **including permanent playable content expansions (zones, Foundry), fleshing out of existing systems (nemesis, etc. Even stuff pertaining to PvP) and addressing balance issues and bugs

EDIT:
    IP.S. 11. That this thread will likely accomplish nothing because only the players will read it.

Damn, that's a good one I wish I had room to include in my three (I guess I'll just have to cheat and quote it here :D)
    1. The lack of a LIVE GameMaster presence within the game.and communication with said staff

2. The Chat Ban System.

3. The amount of amassed bugs, missing costume unlocks, and powerset imbalances.

This, with my edit in Red
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • bizarrobotbizarrobot Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1: SILENCE IS DEAFENING

2: Lack of game designer presence in game.
    Most games I play have Community Reps and Devs in game and in forums. I think it helps them promote,' playtest and generally gain insight into their product and player base.

3:

(yes it's that deafening). >.>. *eyes tumbling paper cup caught in wind*
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Dust

2. Cobwebs

3. Tumbleweeds
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Cryptic. Sell this game to a company that cares, pl0x.

Hell, I'd even settle for SOE. Gods know that they've been doing an amazing job with DCUO.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."

2. Lack of communication. We may be low on Devs, but I can hardly believe they are so busy that they can't even post on the forums anymore. :rolleyes:

3. The exploitable chat ban system, which is the result of a lack of GMs. Seriously, how come other exploits, like the multiple travel powers bug, get fixed within days, but the worst exploit of them all gets approved! :mad:
  • pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For me in no particular order:

1) The lack of a raise in the level cap with a nice new zone or 2...well anything endgame related that makes me care about 40s again. I mean I care more about my 20-30 characters than my 40s these days! They are more entertaining!

2) Pets are oddities right now. They need an overhaul seriously. We need more variety. We need to be able to have all the same pets as a Nemesis has and more. More animals, more skins and the ability to customize them is essential to making pets really shine. Right now pets are nothing more than an a weird weapon skin and that needs to change big time. City of Heroes had a lot right in that regard. Champs could benefit from that. Cryptic could learn from that.

3) A lack of a foundry. I am brimming with ideas and frankly it is the main reason I want to get to playing Neverwinter. I don't really like to use the STO foundry since most of the content there is not as interesting to me personally as ancient and superhero settings. This is the one thing that seriously irks me.

I can take lockboxes, I can take crafting based items going paid shop, but there are a few things that are really bugging me right now. The silence is the most concerning. Then is the lack of new things in the vein of what made this game stick out like costume sets, power sets and neat devices. Last is the fact that bugs are simply everywhere and are going unfixed update after update for YEARS. Since so many people have mentioned these I will stick with my list above, but they I couldn't comment without emphasizing that it concerns me too.
    edited February 2013
    Ummm, let's see.

1) I want to say lack of development but that's not number one anymore. Lockbox drop rates. There's just sooo many of them and they interrupt the flow of the game when I'm playing. It's absolutely horrendous when playing with need or greed on.

2) Lack of development. This covers everything from new playable content, to new things to buy on the c-store to bug fixes. I genuinely care a great deal about the game and still enjoy playing it. However, I always have to go into it knowing that the same bugs that have annoyed me for years are largely still there and that all the things I've done and done and done are still all there is to do mostly. I think at this point the only things I've never done a single time are Warlord, Gravitar, Sky Command and completing Whiteout. There's a trend there...

3) The distraught state of the community. This is more on the boards than in game itself (though it's there too) but it sucks seeing the community in this state. I've been here long enough to remember when I would direct people here as an example of a game with an awesome community and now things have stagnated in the game for so long that it's gotten to...this. I don't even need to explain it. Anyone who reads here knows what goes on and I can no longer direct people here for the purpose that I used to. I'm not even posting the way I used to. Where I used to turn a blind eye to a lot of things I'm a lot more blunt, direct and sarcastic than I ever was (largely because trolling and rudeness here is more unmitigated than fall damage ever was so it gets tiresome just ignoring folks that will never be put in timeout without responding to them).

We're not even talking about how to play the game anymore. Combat and Powers section hardly moves, PTS testing is...I can't even comment on that because I refuse to test and so don't comment there anymore. The forums have gone from threads about "It's cool when" and "how to", to threads about "I wish", "Why won't" and "how come"...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aetharburn wrote: »

How much would they be willing to sell it for? =b
    We're not even talking about how to play the game anymore. Combat and Powers section hardly moves, PTS testing is...I can't even comment on that because I refuse to test and so don't comment there anymore. The forums have gone from threads about "It's cool when" and "how to", to threads about "I wish", "Why won't" and "how come"...

And that sums up what the players have to look forward to.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2013
    aetharburn wrote: »
    It would be the only rescue for CO. To NOT have Cryptic working on this game anymore.

Problem is...
    Right now Cryptic has driven this game to such state, than nobody sane would be willing to buy it.
    edited February 2013
    It would be the only rescue for CO. To NOT have Cryptic working on this game anymore.

Problem is...
    Right now Cryptic has driven this game to such state, than nobody sane would be willing to buy it.

DON'T blame Cryptic. Cryptic has done nothing but show love for this game from the beginning. From what I've seen in just the short time I've been around here (Silver, began February 2011), all the big complains about being ignored, and the vanishing devs, and the game stagnating, all began shortly after PWE took the reins and began controlling things they way they wanted, including the direction all the money and support was going. Blame them.

Cryptic can only do so much with CO if no money or aid is coming their way; and it's not, because PWE is stuck in the mindset it cultivated from years of developing Asian RPG's - grindfests and random-chance items are better than new and original content, and anything more than a couple years old is worthless.

Want to rescue CO? Find a publisher who'll show it the respect it deserves. Take Cryptic's leash away from PWE. If a dog is starving, you blame its master for not feeding it, you don't yell at the dog for not eating.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DON'T blame Cryptic.

The common denominator in all your failed relationships is you.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DON'T blame Cryptic. Cryptic has done nothing but show love for this game from the beginning. From what I've seen in just the short time I've been around here (Silver, began February 2011), all the big complains about being ignored, and the vanishing devs, and the game stagnating, all began shortly after PWE took the reins and began controlling things they way they wanted, including the direction all the money and support was going. Blame them.

Cryptic can only do so much with CO if no money or aid is coming their way; and it's not, because PWE is stuck in the mindset it cultivated from years of developing Asian RPG's - grindfests and random-chance items are better than new and original content, and anything more than a couple years old is worthless.

Want to rescue CO? Find a publisher who'll show it the respect it deserves. Take Cryptic's leash away from PWE. If a dog is starving, you blame its master for not feeding it, you don't yell at the dog for not eating.

A lot of this is the same exact thing people said when Cryptic was under Atari. When PWE took over they were being viewed as the publisher that was going to be the savior of CO. Now, while they may have saved CO from shutdown the complaints you just referenced are repeats of what occurred under Atari prior to PWE acquiring Cryptic.

So it's either a Cryptic issue or one that both Atari and PWE share in common when handling the reins.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dysfunction_small.jpg
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm thinking it's an issue with both Atari (formerly Infogrames, a French company that seems embarrassed to admit they work with videogames - the American subsidiary is declaring bankruptcy primarily so they can reorganize as a separate company) and PW (a Chinese company that regards MMOs as disposable, because that's how it works in their culture).

If Cryptic could only afford to go independent...

...and as long as I'm wishing, I'd like a pony. </Susie Derkins>
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kiyoko4kiyoko4 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. The change in monetization strategy. I used to really look forward to new costume packs. But now it is all lockboxes and mods and vehicles, which I myself loathe. There's nothing I want to buy anymore. My C Point/Zen purchases have plummeted.

2. The lack of development and support that puts a big dark cloud over the game. It's already kind of de-facto in maintenance mode... will it shut down in the near future?

3. Nothing that is in the same league as 1 and 2.

I'll be honest, the change from Atari to PW just hasn't worked out for me. I'm very glad the game is still alive because of PW. But I have not liked the changes that have come since then.

I can't remember if that was simultaneous with the sale of the first "gift" lock box or not. But somewhere about then is when things turned for the worse to me, and dev support kind of evaporated, except for very ugly vehicles.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Atari (formerly Infogrames, a French company that seems embarrassed to admit they work with videogames...)

LOL 10 char
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Didn't you get it?

I could have sworn I emailed it to you from the UNTIL terminal outside the Bank!

:eek:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    edited February 2013
    I'm thinking it's an issue with both Atari (formerly Infogrames, a French company that seems embarrassed to admit they work with videogames - the American subsidiary is declaring bankruptcy primarily so they can reorganize as a separate company) and PW (a Chinese company that regards MMOs as disposable, because that's how it works in their culture).

If Cryptic could only afford to go independent...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Except the bit about the pony.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2013
    DON'T blame Cryptic. Cryptic has done nothing but show love for this game from the beginning.
    If I'd ever showed so much love to my dog​​, I'd probably be already accused of animal cruelty. Provided that poor beast wouldn't be dead from starvation right now.

Yes, poor Cryptic, it's always a publisher's fault.

Except it isn't.

You really ought to look arond, dig a bit deeper and ask a few questions.

For example, ask former CoX players how great it was under Cryptic before that game was passed to Paragon. Or what such phrase like "living under Jack Emmert" might mean.
    And even then Cryptic was alerady moving to their next big shiny, secretly working at CO till they could finally ditch CoX.

Or look at their most successful game. But this time try to play on the Klingon side - to this day KDF is as complete as CO nemesis system, and it was promised and supposed to be one of the two equally playable factions. It's not an exaggeration to call KDF a CO equivalent in STO.
    But KDF is simply out of luck, as Paramount/Viacom doesn't care about them as much as about more mainstream Federation, so nobody can force Cryptic to work.
    Imagine Blizzard with such approach to factions in their game...

Then look at CO under Atari.

Then look at it now.

It's hard to NOT see a repeated pattern here but the only one common thing is Cryptic in every situation. With every game.

I'm not defending PWE, they are in it for money, as a business should be. But it's hard to not see that Trailturtle is a PWE employee, not a Cryptic one.

PWE doesn't care about CO. They hardly have this game on their radar. Their only message to Cryptic is - "make us more money".
    And that's it.
    Execution is on the Cryptic's side.
    They are deciding how resources are divided. If CO has no meaningful staff it's Cryptic's fault to take money from cash store and subscriptions and then do nothing for CO with it. It's their fault to make absurd decisions about what is desirable for players. And about not completing a sigle one initiated project.

I've even looked at few other PWE games. Those non-Cryptic ones. As much as they are boring for me, being only your average asian grinders, and I'd never play one of them because of its generic gameplay, they aren't in as bad shape as CO is.

I don't believe in this excuse anymore.
    It's not a publisher's fault when it's repeated with each and every publisher. Cryptic has clear and confirmed habit of not caring about their games after initial realease and moving to their next cash grab.
    It's almost like their policy. To do something Cryptic usually needs to be forced by players raging.
    The only thing that forces them to care about STO is a Paramount/Viacom licence, and an amount of money which this game brings.

Now, obviously they must care about their most successful product.
    Question is - do they ever seriously tried to make CO a such one?
    I hardly believe.

Really, it's better for Nevermind Online players to hope that Hasbro/WoTC can be as adamant as Paramount/Viacom is. Otherwise sooner or later this game will be screwed. When Cryptic will move to the another project.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Lack of repeatable, scaling mission content. Not talking about alerts here, there are plenty of great missions in this game that would be really nice to be able to revisit, and in a heroic mode for max level characters would be fantastic (put a cooldown on taking these missions to discourage farming, it's worked for other games.)

2. The fact that for a game based on comic books story content has been thrown to the wayside in favor cheap, 5 minute combat drills (would you read a comic about alerts? I wouldn't.)

3. Lack of communication. If you, as developers cannot affirm commitment to the game you are developing, you can expect your players to return the favor.

4. The fact that people have to resort to bringing up a potential ****ing kickstarter campaign to get attention to features they want (foundry) in a game backed by the largest MMO developer in China.

5. Dust

6. Cobwebs

7. Tumbleweeds
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't blame PWE for lack of UNTIL reports, or State of Games. I don't blame PWE for our Executive Producer never talking to us. At this point I dont even believe he even fights for this game. If Cryptic cared about CO they would fight for it, and we have no reason to believe they care.

I don't blame PWE for Devs ignoring us, and the feedback given in mass.--Lemurian Harbringer mission shows that. Yes they listend to some feedback, then they went a killed it by making it Auto-level to 30, which has dozens of posts fighting to change it, something that won't be done, because once again, Cryptic doesnt care what we say.

so I guess my three:

1) Lack of Cryptic's ability to give a damn about what we think/want.

2) No Foundry

3) Closing of old RP locations (crafting areas) and lack of new ones. So many buildings all around and you can turn them into little locations?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • derangedheroderangedhero Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Things that irk me about the current state of CO? This should be easy enough to answer.

In no particular order:

(a) The serious lack of PVE content for the Klingon Defense Force;

(b) The steep dilithium prices that we have to pay for everything, while still being limited to refining only 8000 per day. It feels like a mere trickle of dilithium in the face of the hundreds of thousands we need;

(c) The fact that, in order to make the Menzoberranzan Renegade feel more exclusive for those who bought the Hero of the North founder pack, the drow race was made unavailable for at least sixty days, despite previous allusions that it would be available when Neverwinter launched.

Hmm...
    I have this really odd feeling like I'm forgetting something important. :confused:
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    (c) The fact that, in order to make the Menzoberranzan Renegade feel more exclusive for those who bought the Hero of the North founder pack, the drow race was made unavailable for at least sixty days, despite previous allusions that it would be available when Neverwinter launched.

*utters a long string of profanities, flips a table and ends up having a fit of seizures on the floor before standing up nonchalantly like nothing happened and taking a deep calming breath, then blinks and eyes suddenly widen confused*

:confused: Wait... didn't I already go through all of this yesterday? *looks around frantically* And I wasn't I in a different forum? What is this...? *starts to walk away as realization sets in and trips over the flipped table*
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Tired of this game being treated like Meg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxTTaqF0JE
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    3) Closing of old RP locations (crafting areas) and lack of new ones. So many buildings all around and you can turn them into little locations?

3 of those are back. (Just in a case that someone has missed them)

But, 'bad Cryptic, bad, bad , bad' *rolls newspaper*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Things that irk me about the current state of CO? This should be easy enough to answer.

In no particular order:

(a) The serious lack of PVE content for the Klingon Defense Force;

(b) The steep dilithium prices that we have to pay for everything, while still being limited to refining only 8000 per day. It feels like a mere trickle of dilithium in the face of the hundreds of thousands we need;

Hmm...
    I have this really odd feeling like I'm forgetting something important. :confused:

B0XvNHr.jpg

Haha, very funneh.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. Tired of this game being treated like Meg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxTTaqF0JE

Well played, Sir.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meedacthunist calls to the stand:

For example, ask former CoX players how great it was under Cryptic before that game was passed to Paragon. Or what such phrase like "living under Jack Emmert" might mean.

As a CoXer who joined up during the looooong, loooooong Issue Six, I can testify that Cryptic (and tightwad Jack, specifically) was the problem. NCSoft threw money at the game and it prospered, at least on a creative level.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    3 of those are back. (Just in a case that someone has missed them)

But, 'bad Cryptic, bad, bad , bad' *rolls newspaper*

i could only ever find the ordnance and inventions store

800px-Mutations_Store.jpg

...but.....never mutations........god i miss that giant tank of strange, unknown, viscous and possibly radioactive material Q_Q

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The whole half done stuff. Be it bug fixes, removal of the costume pieces, the alerts, and everything else that could have been great yet it was more like a queef...

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, I got more.

1- The Chat Ban system. Seriously, I want to see at least ONE case where someone is happy that this thing exists. I am not even asking that it be REMOVED- but why does it have to be for 24 hours? This is, quite honestly, the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

2- The ridiculous amount of focus on vehicles. OK. We got it. You finally made the vehicles thing work and you're proud of it and happy to get this out there. Now, can we get on with making game stuff for everyone else?

3- The Nemesis system. I don't even know where to begin, but this thing is in need of some SERIOUS overhaul. Not everyone creates a cheeseball nemesis who wants a death ray. Not to mention, it lacks most of the power sets in game and it'd be nice for us to choose their weapons.

4- Costume incompatibility. If you're going to disallow costume pieces because of 'clipping', at least be consistent. Otherwise, why don't you let US- the people who are creating what WE want, to worry about clipping. I promise, it's not ruining my game experience if something is clipping. If it looks stupid,then it's my problem to deal with- not yours.

5- No comments allowed on the blog posts. Whenever you release something, this is a blatant attempt to keep us silent to other prospective people who don't read the forums. At least it appears that way.