Things that irk us most in CO.

2»

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    menotrpa wrote: »
    i could only ever find the ordnance and inventions store

800px-Mutations_Store.jpg

...but.....never mutations........god i miss that giant tank of strange, unknown, viscous and possibly radioactive material Q_Q

Mystic one is next to Magic Lantern, spot where Witchcraft and 'that other chick' hangs.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Chat Ban system
    2. Nemesis alerts not having a sign up saying
    "NONE OF YOU HAVE A NEMESIS,please come back when you do"

3. The ignored list has a BIG space for Super group but NO space for comments on why they are ignored
    4. ....... brain lock up, there's just so much to choose from. Which is probably not good.

on the good side, I still like doing all the missions.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• target1onetarget1one Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Utter lack of development.
    2. Utter lack of dev communication.
    3. LockboxeslockboxeslockboxesLOCKBOXES! ENOUGH with the lockboxes already!!! We want STUFF, not an opportunity to gamble!!!

Target1one

"ENOUGH!!! You are ALL of you BENEATH me! I am a GOD, you dull creature, and I will NOT be BULLIED by--" -- Loki

*SMASH* *SMASH* *SMASH* <pause> *SMASHSMASH* "... puny god..." -- Hulk
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Mystic one is next to Magic Lantern, spot where Witchcraft and 'that other chick' hangs.

One of them is near the fight ring(square where Iron hangs out, one is in the broken rock area across from the prison at the contruction site
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Slow development. Whatever the status is on the CO end of things, it's just too slow. New stuff isn't being put out fast enough, rebalances to powersets just aren't happening, the lairs are still all old and raggedy. CO needs general developer attention badly, but isn't getting it.

2. Nemesis alerts where the person chosen doesn't have a Nemesis. I hate hate hate fighting that stupid Infernal generic Nemesis. This should only happen if NOBODY in the team has a Nemesis.

3. Vehicles. They're dumb and a waste of time all because we can't paint them. The system obviously supports it. Stop holding out on us! They'd be great custom Become devices if we could PAINT THEM! Until we can create our own paint job, vehicles will forever be overpriced pieces of crap.

4. Legion Gear. Nothing says pay-to-win or grind-for-eternity to win than Legion Gear! At least the lockboxes are slowly draining out of the market, only to return on October I'm sure. Let's not forget to mention only three Legion Gear items are universally useful: Crit chance, avoidance and cooldown reduction.

5. Legacy Devices. Implemented poorly at best. Scratch that, Legacy ANYTHING was poorly implemented. Seriously, Legacy items for Drifter Salvage is a damn travesty. Assume you're unlucky and you get 2 drifter salvage for every grab bag. You would need to spend $20 IRL moniez to get enough for a Legacy Device bag. Stipends and Q-grinding soften the blow, but come on!

6. Lockboxes. I hate these. Please stop dropping them forever. Thanks. I want to buy things directly from the Z-Store like pretty costume packs and neat weapons and hideout expansions and useful things.

7. Lack of PvP support. Stronghold, the only GOOD PvP mode, has yet to have its turrets fixed. New rewards haven't been put into the PvP vendors yet. The two reward items that are there are crap.

8. UNITY missions. The severe lack of new UNITY missions makes grinding for Heroic Gear, which is arguably the beginning of the endgame of PvE extremely boring. At least the Alert of the day and the often done Nemcon contribute to Silver Champs Recognition now.

9. UNITY 2. It's too hard to get to and the missions here are bland too. You literally repeat missions you did during the Vibora Bay arcs at the end! You go through the same crypt every day, potentially go through the same path every day, and god forbid you're unlucky enough to get the Burn 'em Out mission... so. Freaking. Tedious.

10. Legacy Devices again. I hate seeing them being utterly abused in PvE and PvP. Ever seen a gigantic crowd of Teleioraptors? I have. They like to crowd around Gravitar and make her Force Cascades even MORE unpredictable. Seeing enemies getting annihilated by a guy spamming five Neuroelectric Pulse Generators point blank is pretty dumb too.

11. Gravitar. OK, I know how she works now but I still hate her. I pack a whole tray full of Triumphant Recoveries just for Gravitar on any character I fight her with. I've gotten better at fighting her though! I've pulled off multiple wins where I didn't die once. Still, she's annoying and isn't a very good boss. I'm only fighting her for the Questionite, and I WOULD want her boots but they don't have a freaking leather texture! WHY?!

12. Downleveling to 30 in Alerts. Thanks for crippling my energy generation on a few of my characters.

13. Alerts. Way to make 97% of your game totally irrelevant to players, guys. Why bother leveling a character through missions whose XP rewards are rather small when I could go do a bunch of alerts and get it done faster? I've leveled one character via alerts only and it was one of the least satisfying things I have ever done.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In no particular order:

- Level restricted zones based on actual character level and not sidekicked character level.

- Not being able to level yourself down to the appropriate level for lairs without using someone of that level.

- Not being able to replay (non-CS/AP) content without using someone else that is currently doing it.

- Athletics/acrobatics randomly bugging into super speed shimmies.

- Not enough CS/AP "task forces". I really wonder why the CO community of the time rejected them and it would have been nice if they hadn't but now all I can do is ask for more. Though with the reception vehicles got and that they were the top requested thing I can see how the TFs would be given up on.

- Not being able to preview powers in game.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - Not enough CS/AP "task forces". I really wonder why the CO community of the time rejected them and it would have been nice if they hadn't but now all I can do is ask for more. Though with the reception vehicles got and that they were the top requested thing I can see how the TFs would be given up on.

- Not being able to preview powers in game.

People wanted travel powers that were jet bikes, not "become" devices. What happened was like asking for a silver age costume set and instead being given a quest line that you play as a silver age hero from Champions IP. What people asked for, they didn't really get.

As far as the powers, you can preview any power in the powerhouse (unless you mean preview as in, try a power out that you can't access right now).
    biffsig.jpg
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As far as the powers, you can preview any power in the powerhouse (unless you mean preview as in, try a power out that you can't access right now).

In CoH I could view all of the powers of a powerset in the character creator.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. So much things that are temporary like Takofanes Boxes, Become Celestial, the weapon unlocks, Mountain/Cursed Grab Bags. Leave them be... and oh yeah Legion gear dafuq.

2. The random crashes. This used to only happen once a week or even a month. Now it happens more often.

3. Broken costume unlocks that don't unlock account wide.
  • hipcheckerhipchecker Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really suggest everyone in this thread to post in "Ask Cryptic". looks like they'll finally be addressing some of our questions.

If y'all ever need a healer for Gravy, don't be afraid to give me a shout. I'm always up for a lil gravy if I ain't doin' anything :)