test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview - Grav Bike, Double XP, and Lemurian Invasion

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2013 in Super News Network
Read all about what's coming to CO on Thursday and Friday!

Read the blog post
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wonderful, more alerts and short run events... IF they actually work.

You do realize that you have customers who are actually willing to PAY for REAL CONTENT?

And by "content" I mean real and engaging story based things to do, not just new shiny things to do the same tired old content with.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :blinks:

Does the Widow come in two color schemes? Cause it shows two different ones in the preview.

And would it be too much to ask for blue, red, green, orange, purple, or black bikes, sans spiderman decor?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :blinks:

Does the Widow come in two color schemes? Cause it shows two different ones in the preview.

Same colour, just in an area with different lighting effects.

A pity. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why can't the bike be in the Z-store? Drifter Salvage comes from opening lockboxes. Nobody wants to gamble for the crap they want, and at an average of 2 Drifter Salvage per lockbox, it's rediculous. The other bikes are 200 DS. That's 100(ish) lockboxes. 100 Zen per key. That's 10000 Zen...friggin rediculous. There needs to be another way to get DS, whether it's a daily from Drifter, or a special reward from Alerts, something!

Just put new stuff in the store for those who are willing/able to pay. Those that aren't can earn it in game.

Now, if there is some method I don't know about, someone please enlighten me...
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FINALLY! I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A WIDOW!!!!!!! YAY:biggrin::biggrin:
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FINALLY! I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A WIDOW!!!!!!! YAY:biggrin::biggrin:
    That, um, may read differently than you intended...

(I am reminded of the words of Lazarus Long: "There is only one way to console a widow. But remember the risk.")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • johhotajohhota Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was hoping for a sale since technically it's the anniversary of Free to play, but I'm very happy double XP and the event is here. Not so pleased with the widow being locked but we already knew it would be in the Drifter's store.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    8 slots, fancy new weapons... Gotta be 200 drifter salvage, at the least.

That just looks incredibly nasty, though. Might be worth saving up for over the long haul.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Why can't the bike be in the Z-store? Drifter Salvage comes from opening lockboxes. Nobody wants to gamble for the crap they want, and at an average of 2 Drifter Salvage per lockbox, it's rediculous.

HOLD THE PHONES.

Average? You mean it's possible to get MORE than 2 drifter salvage from a bag? No way. And here i thought people were paying $100 per bike because it sure seems like it only ever gives 2 salvage.

Funny how permanent Freeform slots are much cheaper than vehicles when Freeform is meant to be the biggest selling point this game has
    edited January 2013
    200 drifter salvage... 100 zen (or $1.00) per key to open a box and nothing that I have ever opened that had drifter salvage in it ever had more than 2 drifter salvage... (I only ever opened bags I got from quests to find salvage. I never have and never will buy grab bags or lock box keys either with actual money or with stipend zen nor will I ever buy them from the market as they had to originate somewhere with either stipend zen or real money and I will not support that system in any way.)

So that comes to about $100.00 for an item in a game. Not the game itself, an item, a singular item, in that game.

Whoever thought this up is smoking something because, to quote Bill Cosby, "people on pure air" don't do that.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Are you sure it's the lighting? One has a red windshield and spider and the other a light grey one.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you sure it's the lighting? One has a red windshield and spider and the other a light grey one.

The Become Black Talon is the exact same item but looks different based on gender of the user. Male has no glass shielding for the head, while the female has the glass bowl but no metal shielding.

I'm sure there's just something here they stuffed up that causes a difference and don't feel like fixing it.

Yet they'll devote all their time to fixing trivial things that don't need fixing.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Drifter Salvage comes from opening lockboxes. Nobody wants to gamble for the crap they want, and at an average of 2 Drifter Salvage per lockbox, it's rediculous. The other bikes are 200 DS. That's 100(ish) lockboxes. 100 Zen per key. That's 10000 Zen...friggin rediculous.

Totally agree with this statement.
    when i think all i can have in another games for 100$, it's really funny to see that.
    Cryptic are out of reality if they think that people but fanboys will buy it.
    They have so few customers now that everybody had quit because they couldn't create content, they want to charge them so much now. Hilarious.

@Cryptic:
    I will be happy to come here, play 10 mns at the new quest and go back to another game, without buy this bike, or every other vehicules.
    Thank you Cryptic. you've made my day. Thanks for the drifter store, it's economic, drifter= 0$ of my money :biggrin:
    Don't dreaming too much about the success of neverwinter, the reputation you have on your other games will follow you there... Nobody i know or i read on other forums will never pay a cent for your future games. No one. Everybody knows how you manage your mmos on the long term, now. And especially co.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay for new stuff! Glad to see some work is being done.

PS: Bug fixes too?

:smile:

But... a valid critism I must agree with...
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    You do realize that you have customers who are actually willing to PAY for REAL CONTENT?

And by "content" I mean real and engaging story based things to do, not just new shiny things

Absolutely! Zone upgrades, Story content, and PvP Daily-Q missions, STILL NEEDED!

Sadly, this gets ignored... and ignored... and ignored... WTF?!

I thought the devs LIKED doing the comic series and adventure packs?

In fact, you used to have to PAY to have adventure packs... (damn kids...)

Speaking of...

Why can't the bike be in the Z-store? Drifter Salvage comes from opening lockboxes. Nobody wants to gamble for the crap they want, and at an average of 2 Drifter Salvage per lockbox, it's rediculous.
    [...]
    There needs to be another way to get DS, whether it's a daily from Drifter, or a special reward from Alerts, something!

1. It should be in the Z-Store. Multiple purchase options, one being a gamble and the other for a guarantee. You're right about that.

2. Drifter Salvage for free will be shooting themselves in the foot with key sales. Perfect World isn't going to ok that, sorry. You just sound like you're asking for a handout, essentially begging. I like free stuff as much as the next person but come on...

3. The problem we are experiencing with relative price is because the odds on the slot-machine-style lockboxes is TOO LOW! This is my sincere opinion.

4. The average Drifter Salvage is estimated at 2.78 per box. Interestingly, the Takofanes Cache lockboxes had a better % chance for the 5 or 10 Drifter Salvage rewards. Regardless, saying it's "2" is incorrect as by truncating like it's an integer you imply it's fixed at 2 or gives less than 2 values. Bad number formatting. Say it right or don't say it at all please, you're spreading misinformation as-is. Please don't.

5. "ridiculous", no 'e'
  • darksideofspacedarksideofspace Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Booooooring!!. These merry-go-round games revolving around the release of items and new content is getting old. I am glad there's an MMO representing something besides Trolls, and Goblins, but as a Lifetime member Im beginning to feel like every new release is an exercise in frustration, and reall seems boring and unimaginitive. You spend all this time creating a vehicle system yet the vehicles are nearly useless for anything but alerts and don't reflect the type of vehicles that appeal to the majority of players on this game (but rather seem more catered to the star wars crowd). Enough is enough Cryptic, spice this game up with something people have been requesting since the game launched, and enough of these useless fillers.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    200 drifter salvage... 100 zen (or $1.00) per key to open a box and nothing that I have ever opened that had drifter salvage in it ever had more than 2 drifter salvage... (I only ever opened bags I got from quests to find salvage. I never have and never will buy grab bags or lock box keys either with actual money or with stipend zen nor will I ever buy them from the market as they had to originate somewhere with either stipend zen or real money and I will not support that system in any way.)

So that comes to about $100.00 for an item in a game. Not the game itself, an item, a singular item, in that game.

Whoever thought this up is smoking something because, to quote Bill Cosby, "people on pure air" don't do that.

I'm kind of in the same boat on this one, while i like that they're putting out new content with costume unlocks, i'm not happy that the only way to get the vehicles is buy going through the c-store.

What bothers me even more is that over on Star Trek Online (also from Cryptic) when i buy a vehicle it's usually visually customizable but always an account unlock. Not that it unlocks once for the whole account, but that every character on the account gets one. Sure the most expensive ship there is $50, but for that i get three versions of it on every character. Even the Cheapest ships there are way better than the vehicles in Champions and those are all $5 and unlock for everyone on the account.

The vehicles we get here aren't what they told us they would be, are exactly what they told us they wouldn't be, and are way too expensive considering how little you actually get out of them. I would gladly pay for a vehicle in CO if it met the same standards set by the company's other vehicle based game or if the prices were dropped to match the poor quality. $5 seems like the fair price for single vehicle that i can't customize the look of, $18 though, not so much.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    -snip-

1. It should be in the Z-Store. Multiple purchase options, one being a gamble and the other for a guarantee. You're right about that.

2. Drifter Salvage for free will be shooting themselves in the foot with key sales. Perfect World isn't going to ok that, sorry. You just sound like you're asking for a handout, essentially begging. I like free stuff as much as the next person but come on...

3. The problem we are experiencing with relative price is because the odds on the slot-machine-style lockboxes is TOO LOW! This is my sincere opinion.

4. The average Drifter Salvage is estimated at 2.78 per box. Interestingly, the Takofanes Cache lockboxes had a better % chance for the 5 or 10 Drifter Salvage rewards. Regardless, saying it's "2" is incorrect as by truncating like it's an integer you imply it's fixed at 2 or gives less than 2 values. Bad number formatting. Say it right or don't say it at all please, you're spreading misinformation as-is. Please don't.

5. "ridiculous", no 'e'

You're missing the forest for the trees here. Just because someone says the lockboxes drop an average of 2 salvage doesn't mean they're actually implying the boxes have the chance to drop less than 2. 2 is just the amount most commonly seen.
    Teh grammar nazis haev invadd r formu
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good news! I really like Lemuria as a zone and as a story arc. New missions that involve it seem cool.

By the way, I'm wondering why they do not recycle the Lemurian map in an alert. When they did the survey "more maps!" was one of the most desired options, if I recall.

Additionally, the undisclosed Z-store additions might be a grav-bike. It would make sense to release the high cost options to squeeze money out of ppl that cannot resist the urge to get a bike, or that can shell out the money to buy keys (and yes I agree that the 2.xx rate of Drifter Salvage is rather low). First step: grab bag only. Second Step: tired of not getting it? Drifter salvage to the rescue. Few weeks later: frustrated for not having won it or not enough salvage? ok, Z-store! I find it a sound model, if a bit cheesy.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Zed hops onto his grav bike named Brown Beauty and rides about Mill City shouting, "The Lemurian are coming! The Lemurian are coming!"
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not paying $100 for access to a virtual bike that PWE retains ownership of. I can get a real bicycle for that price.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    • the vehicles we get here aren't what they told us they would be
    • are exactly what they told us they wouldn't be

Can you elaborate on these points?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On these new developments:

Grav Bike? Eh, I lucked out and got the Copperhead within 4 lockboxes from my stipend. It's okay, I guess, for a travel method if you stick those mods into it. I have to say I'm disappointed that you aren't just flat out selling a version of these in the C-store. And to be honest, I do like the color scheme.

Double XP? Rock on. Combine this with a few XP Boosts and I can Alert my way to 40 in a couple of days.

Lemurian Invasion? Sounds interesting.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm, Double XP. Now I have a real dilemma. I had planned to play the new DMC this weekend but Double XP has always been hard for me to resist.

Well played Cryptic, you may win again.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited January 2013
    I'd like a Copperhead, only because it would make a good travel power for Farhunter (he's an alien thrill-seeker who enjoys hunting Terran supervillains). The Widow might be appropriate for Star Knight, once I finally get my sub back. Blackwing already has a Hawkwing someone gave me, and none of my other toons need a ride.

Use it for combat? But that's what all these superpowers are for!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, game is back up... and we seem to be missing a Witchcraft or any kind of contacts for the events. Uh, wasn't there supposed to be a thing here?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013

Yep - same model, different area. One was in the desert, the other on Monster Island.

drreverend wrote: »
    So, game is back up... and we seem to be missing a Witchcraft or any kind of contacts for the events. Uh, wasn't there supposed to be a thing here?

Double XP starts tomorrow at 4 PM PST, and the mission starts at noon PST today. Hope this helps! :)
    edited January 2013
    You're missing the forest for the trees here. Just because someone says the lockboxes drop an average of 2 salvage doesn't mean they're actually implying the boxes have the chance to drop less than 2. 2 is just the amount most commonly seen.
    Teh grammar nazis haev invadd r formu

Thank you. That is what I was saying. I would think that someone who notices a misplaced -e- would know what "average" implies in the context used.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you. That is what I was saying. I would think that someone who notices a misplaced -e- would know what "average" implies in the context used.

Actually average is adding all the values and dividing by the number of values, and that as mentioned is around 2.8 (Im one of those whos opened a cple thousand boxes on test to determine this)

What was described was the most common, which is probably 2 (i didnt take notice of that point)
    edited January 2013
    Actually average is adding all the values and dividing by the number of values, and that as mentioned is around 2.8 (Im one of those whos opened a cple thousand boxes on test to determine this)

What was described was the most common, which is probably 2 (i didnt take notice of that point)

Well, since I have NEVER opened a box with more than 2, I'll use that number for all my calculations.

edited January 2013
    Well, since I have NEVER opened a box with more than 2, I'll use that number for all my calculations.

Out of a sample size of...?
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Zone upgrades, Story content, and PvP Daily-Q missions, STILL NEEDED!

Sadly, this gets ignored... and ignored... and ignored... WTF?!

I thought the devs LIKED doing the comic series and adventure packs?

In fact, you used to have to PAY to have adventure packs... (damn kids...)

It gets ignored because it's harder to do and pays less. A long time ago in a land not far away at all, Cryptic tried to release Vibora Bay as a paid expansion pack. For something like $10. There was a massive uproar and they decided to make it free instead.

Why spend all the effort that goes into something like Vibora Bay, when you can just make a new bike and sell it for $100?
    edited January 2013
    Out of a sample size of...?

Doesn't matter, I have never seen a single box even drop 3 DS much less more than 3.

BUT even is 2.8 is the average, which I truly doubt, it is STILL far too few to justify the costs.

edited January 2013

How about I just apologize to the number gods for leaving out .8 and get back to the original point? Put this stuff in the Z store!

for the number crunchers:

Average drifter salvage per lockbox opened: 2.8 (Happy?!?)
    Cost per Lockbox: 200 Drifter Salvage
    # Lockboxes needed: 71.4
    Zen needed: 7140
    Real money to purchase Zen: $80

**all totals are average and may vary dependent upon your own calulations :tongue:

Any further arguements vice numbers will be ignored unless included in response.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about I just apologize to the number gods for leaving out .8 and get back to the original point? Put this stuff in the Z store!

for the number crunchers:

Average drifter salvage per lockbox opened: 2.8 (Happy?!?)
    Cost per Lockbox: 200 Drifter Salvage
    # Lockboxes needed: 71.4
    Zen needed: 7140
    Real money to purchase Zen: $80

**all totals are average and may vary dependent upon your own calulations :tongue:

Any further arguements vice numbers will be ignored unless included in response.

And you can get 3 ships, for ALL your characters when they reach the appropriate level, for 5000 Zen. 3 Account-wide unlocks for $20 less than the cost of one vehicle that can only be used by one character at a time. If they want to have it cost 200 Drifter Salvage, fine... then they better make it an account unlock that all characters get, otherwise they're just milking the "superhero" crowd in the game they don't care about or even "get" just to fund the licensed products.

It's sad that stuff like this is making DCUO look better and better (whose subscribers can unlock the extremely uncommon lockboxes there for free, while subscribers here have to pay just like the non-subscribers)... and I'm not big on DCUO in the first place. Perhaps we should start working on stuff over there since I don't think this game will be around much longer after Neverwinter releases.

- END OF LINE
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The bikes are really not compulsory for anyone to enjoy the game. There is no need to buy keys to unlock boxes to get drifter salvages to buy the bikes. Just play the game without the bikes. My goodness.

Sure they can put the bikes into the Z store. There should be some going into Z store soon too just like the jets and tanks but not the premium ones of course. They can also put the premium ones there too but at 10,000zen. So? Then what? Complain that they are too expensive? If they are too expensive, then don't buy them. Do people walk into the Ferarri showroom and tell them their cars are too expensive and they must sell them like the Chery QQ? Are there those who buy them? Yes there are. Are there those who are willing to spend real money for the zen? Yes there are and enough definitely to continue to support the game, the workers and the server, not forgetting the utility bills.

There are mouths to feed too. This ain't no charity or social welfare. The game is already F2P. Free to play does not mean everything is free. Neither does it mean that things need to be priced cheap enough for your comfort.

Simple supply and demand will set the price for the company. And any successful business oriented company will set the price where the equilibrium yields the maximum profit.

All that said, I have no issues with the game making tonnes of money because that ensures its longevity. However, while it is making tonnes of money, it should also be providing sufficient content to engage and retain players and move beyond targetting a temporary, mobile and fluid player base.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    voyagersix wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on these points?

It's primarily nerd rage, it's not as bad as i make it sound, but around the time of the prototype hawkwing release we were told they would be initially become devices for the prototype stage but they wouldn't stay as such as well as feature some visual customizations.

I can find plenty of comments regarding this from players but the forum posts that said it are no where to be seen so i can't quote it but i can quote plenty of other people about them. i can.... i just won't because i'm excessively lazy....
    edited January 2013
    Doesn't matter, I have never seen a single box even drop 3 DS much less more than 3.

Maybe if you opened more than one box? Two?

I opened maybe fifteen boxes on Ferret and had enough salvage to get a legacy costume unlock. So, yeah, its definitely more than 2.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2013

And by "content" I mean real and engaging story based things to do, not just new shiny things to do the same tired old content with.

Come on, stop being so logical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I agree. But it is free content, so what do you expect?
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kamokami wrote: »
    It gets ignored because it's harder to do and pays less. A long time ago in a land not far away at all, Cryptic tried to release Vibora Bay as a paid expansion pack. For something like $10. There was a massive uproar and they decided to make it free instead.

Why spend all the effort that goes into something like Vibora Bay, when you can just make a new bike and sell it for $100?

That zone was pretty weak as far as missions go. Also, it has to be looked back at with the perspective of how the game's launch shipped content looked like.

People were choking at level 17. Some couldn't make it to their 30s. Cryptic had put in repeatable crap missions that were streetsweeps as an answer. We were MAD.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like brou said, you cant say content wont sell because people were angry at them trying to charge for vibora.

The game launched with way too little content, vibora was basically launch content they finished after launch, which is why it shouldnt have been paid content.

The game STILL has little content in fact since its barely released any (permenent story content for the pedantics that keep wrongly saying everything is content).

Id happily pay for an adventure pack, zone or better yet actual expansion. I wont (and havent) paid for any of the garbage theyve been releasing lately, lockboxes especially.

The thing is though, with them constantly NOT doing this and dragging their heals it wont generate nearly as much in actual $ as people are sitting on growing stipends with nothing worthwhile to spend them on, and would use that. I have close to 5k zen and qtr million questionite waiting for them to actually add something worthwhile.
    edited January 2013
    YOU have this context.

PWE just knows that the last time Cryptic tried to charge for an expansion, all Qliphoth broke loose. So they won't believe it might work now.

(As a side note, I was in a Nemesis Dockside Dustup yesterday where the Nem was a demonic entity named "Perfect World Executive". I don't think I've ever seen a Nem hit with such precision and ferocity...)

• gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And HE's right.
    When you came here with f2p and wasn't playing at this game since 2009, him, he was playing at Co and remember the past.
    I was here in 2009 too, and i must say that Brou is right.
    They 'd try to sold us a content update when we had just buyed a game for 50euros/dollars, a game which hadn't enough content. This was a big mistake they 'd made. A lot of players had quit the game at this time.

Exactly as they tried since f2p and especially with "reloaded" to sell us fluff because they can't create enough playable content now they don't have enough customers to be profitable with a decent dev team.
    They create other game as NW in the hope this will be more profitable than CO.
    And we will have only fluff and chinese gambling here.
    Business is business.

If Cryptic made enough content for this game at his 2009 release, more challenging and teamplay content, and not a game with the only thing to do is to create a puppet and choose his costumes, things could be different. Perhaps.
    But at this time, with the game they have, how Cryptic can retain more than 10% of their customers more than a few months ? I don't see.
    They always failed since 2009. Because the lack of playable content. And especially at the release and at the vibora bay period.
    If YOU were here since 2009, you knew it.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game STILL has little content in fact since its barely released any (permenent story content for the pedantics that keep wrongly saying everything is content).

Cute. While you are certainly insulting, are you stupid as well? Perhaps English is not your first language?

content
    noun
    1. everything that is inside a container

content
    adjective
    1. mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are

The game is a container and everthing in it is content (noun). The fact that you or I may not be content (adjective) with the content (noun) does not make it not so.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    YOU have this context.

PWE just knows that the last time Cryptic tried to charge for an expansion, all Qliphoth broke loose. So they won't believe it might work now.

(As a side note, I was in a Nemesis Dockside Dustup yesterday where the Nem was a demonic entity named "Perfect World Executive". I don't think I've ever seen a Nem hit with such precision and ferocity...)

Any business that doesn't do the slightest bit of research into their customers is a bad business, plain and simple. If PWE doesn't understand why or why products don't sell, that's bad business. If Cryptic doesn't explain the reasons their portfolio went up and down that's bad management, and if PWE doesn't demand they explain their financial decisions that's even worse business. If Cryptic still doesn't understand the context behind VB then that's bad customer relations, and if they can't explain it to PWE or PWE doesn't care that's bad management and organization. I'm sorry, there's just no way to excuse this. Regardless, it's bad business, plain and simple.

If you can't do something as basic as listen to your customer base you are failed. PWE is clearly not failed, so they either are listening to their customer base, e.g. people are spending money for the crap CO is putting out, or they have a different plan, e.g. milk CO for what they can and just let it do it's own thing as extra income rather than a real investment, or a combination of several things.

And none of that, regardless of what's true or not, explains a lack of content, communication, and support beyond deliberate choice, and regardless of the reasoning for that deliberat choice, we the players do not like it, and have voiced our displeasure as well as our willingness to pay for **** we actually do want rather than / in greater volume than the crap we did get.

Especially since meanwhile - STO. Literally all the **** we want here has proven itself over there - greater vanity and customization options, personal spaces (hideouts/bridges), sidekick systems, new factions, new locations, better storytelling, the Foundry, communication, development and support, consistent releases, blogs, equipable gear / power replacers, etc.
  • fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cute. While you are certainly insulting, are you stupid as well? Perhaps English is not your first language?

content
    noun
    1. everything that is inside a container

The key word here is "in". Things that are no longer in the container are, in fact, not content, if you wish to go by that definition.

Also, the presence of content does not correlate linearly with the density of the content in question (and thus its gravitas, to stretch the metaphor way, way too far).
  • ringwashereringwashere Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A note about economy.

As far as drifter salvage goes, I haven't figured out realistic percentages for values, but the only values I've seen are 2, 3, 5, 10 with 2 being the most common (seemingly on par with the 200q rate from q-boxes). Between my characters, I have earned 500+ DS.

There are way to earn drifter salvage without spending real world money. However, real world money is the fastest way to earn it, and requires less "sacrifice".

You can grind Questionite and exchange it for Zen, it's an arduous process but commitment pays off. I have a friend who carries about $80 worth of zen at any given time using this method. Then you can use this Zen to buy keys, and play luck game with the drifter salvage consolation prize.

You can use in-game resources to purchase Keys. A key can generally be had for 100g if you are patient and observant. I bought a stack of 10 for 1000g. That pretty much broke me, and I didn't get a bike out of it, but it wasn't hard to do, and I can grind out more resources.

1000g is a lot of resources for many of us. How do you get money? Alerts, Missions, Grinding.... or better yet, sell those devices or rare costume drops on the Exchange or the trade channel.

If the grav bike is your only goal, then you can just grind out resources and buy one from another player. All 4 available bikes are being sold in the Exchange or over zone/trade channel chat, and some of them fairly cheap. Granted, they were super expensive moments after they were released, but they were available for purchase. Now you can buy a Copperhead or Talon for less resources than it would cost you to buy 10 keys. Widows and Hawks are about 2.5-3 times more. Conversely, you could buy keys and sell them for resources and then buy a bike outright.

That means a bike will cost you $10 or less, a top tier bike for ~$30. It will be even cheaper if you are patient. For those of you that are sketchy with the math, that's WAY LESS THAN 100USD!!!

Of course, if you are unwilling to accept that you are part of a community with an economy that benefits from your participation and expect to gain everything in a vacuum, or if you need the best bike in the game the moment it is released, then yeah, expect to spend lots of money, real or virtual.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    See, there's one issue with your method. Most of the relatively inexpensive keys, as you noticed, sell only in multiples (as your example of 10 keys for 1000g).

This leaves out Silvers, who are capped at 250g. Certainly, you can save more, by either buying a Hideout and using the Shared Bank, or creating a private SG and using the SG bank (I've used both methods); however, you can still only exchange 250g at a time.

• ringwashereringwashere Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    See, there's one issue with your method. Most of the relatively inexpensive keys, as you noticed, sell only in multiples (as your example of 10 keys for 1000g).

That's not true. I've bought keys individually for 100g. You just gotta be patient (which seems to be the biggest problem here), and make counter offers when you buy keys.
    This leaves out Silvers, who are capped at 250g. Certainly, you can save more, by either buying a Hideout and using the Shared Bank, or creating a private SG and using the SG bank (I've used both methods); however, you can still only exchange 250g at a time.

So silvers can only hold 250g at one time... People get that. Either buy from someone you trust, or trade items instead of resources. Keys are a great way of carrying resources beyond your limit. Every time you hit 250g, buy a key or two, and stockpile them in the bank.

If someone wants 2000g for the Grav Bike you want, offer 22 keys instead. They might be able to turn around nearly 3000g out of that if they are resourceful, and willing, so they would be silly to turn you down.

Be persistent, and proactive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That zone was pretty weak as far as missions go. Also, it has to be looked back at with the perspective of how the game's launch shipped content looked like.

People were choking at level 17. Some couldn't make it to their 30s. Cryptic had put in repeatable crap missions that were streetsweeps as an answer. We were MAD.

I liked vibora bay then and still like it now. I wish they would hurry up and add another zone but it looks like that will never happen at this point.