test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Before and After: Your CoH characters in Champs!

13»

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    archivist7 wrote: »
    I've remade my main tanker from COH (Kreetch) in Champions Online. The results:

Kreetch_COH.pngKreetch_CO.png

Not too happy with the shiny texture, I will probably fiddle with this concept a bit more.

The Leather Texture will likely be closer to what you want than that metal texture. I have made some power armor costumes that mix up the leather and metal textures to good effect.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is my Character in COH. Sadly i cannot remake him in CO because im a silver player, and dont have access to the Energy powerset.

The Wasp
    waspflex.jpg
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    This is my Character in COH. Sadly i cannot remake him in CO because im a silver player, and dont have access to the Energy powerset.

Well, you could fork over the cash to buy the Impulse archetype.
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, you could fork over the cash to buy the Impulse archetype.

Yes, and eventually ill save up enough questionite to sell for Zen, to do just that.
    As for Forking out Cash, not everyone is in a position in life to do that. Wife/ kids/ house payment and food all come before a video game...
  • raithiasraithias Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LadyParadise.jpg
    Lady Paradise in City of Heroes
    LadyParadiseCloseup.jpg
    Lady Paradise in Champions Online

And below is a character I've yet to be able to recreate here. Can someone help me? :smile:
    Lunashae.jpg
    21.jpg
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    raithias wrote: »
    And below is a character I've yet to be able to recreate here. Can someone help me? :smile:
    I don't know if there is anything close to that level of lacy in CO, at least not without some deeper unlocks then I have managed to get yet. My best approximation would be something along these lines:

Costume_Serpine__Luna_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_452553071.jpgGallery_Luna.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Here are some of my own characters that I've converted and been playing here:

Omnimouse
    Comparison_Omnimouse.jpg

Robo-Santa
    Comparison_RoboSanta.jpg

Larch
    Comparison_Larch.jpg

Formicidae Scout
    Comparison_FormicidaeScout.jpg
  • corethlcorethl Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's my sort-of-the-same-but-different comparisons; it's the only remake I've done, and in my head they're different characters from different worlds-but hey, coincidence makes the world go 'round.

CoH: Old_Ranger_1.jpg CO: Far-Ranger.jpg
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Although I haven't played CoH in a long time now...

Vitality.jpgVitalityX.jpg
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You know, as unhappy as i am with the CO faces, I am happy to not have the CoH ones, I forgot how flat they were. Anyway, I am going to have to see if I can find my old CoX picks.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares faces facts:

You know, as unhappy as i am with the CO faces, I am happy to not have the CoH ones, I forgot how flat they were. Anyway, I am going to have to see if I can find my old CoX picks.

They did add some much better ones later on, but not enough of them. Overall, CO does have the edge, though.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Stay on topic...

...stay on topic...

stay-on-target.gif
    biffsig.jpg
  • raithiasraithias Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I don't know if there is anything close to that level of lacy in CO, at least not without some deeper unlocks then I have managed to get yet. My best approximation would be something along these lines:

Costume_Serpine_Luna_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_408540238.jpgLuna%20screenshot.jpg

Serpinecoh, thank you so much for the effort you put into this. You even gave her a glowing aura. I can see you really looked into the options available and came up with a good approximation of the CoH version. Your kindness really brought a tear to my eye. Maybe Lunashae isn't lost to me after all :smile:
    21.jpg
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    serpinecoh wrote: »

Costume_Serpine_Luna_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_408540238.jpgLuna%20screenshot.jpg

If the lace is important:tongue:

Under Hand/Long Glove/Extra Long Glove there are a couple lace options. Not sure if they are unlocks or not.

If you Layer Thigh High Lace, found under skin and tights/Legs/Skin/Pattern with one of the thigh high boots the lace will poke out through the top.

I like that new look though and it's a great rendition I doubt I would change it.
    edited December 2012
    raithias wrote: »
    You even gave her a glowing aura.
    Note that is just fire flight colored blue, though there are probably other ways to get the effect. In any case I'm very glad you liked it...
    edited December 2012
    Here's the rest of the characters I've had the room to recreate.

Ms. Chernobyl: Nuclear-powered heroine from Russia.
    MsChernobyl_zps28d9a010.jpg

Golden Virtue: Former Special Forces soldier who gained better control of her powers during a dangerous mission.
    GoldenVirtue_zps9fa82f3f.jpg

Demgoddess: Former evil sorceress turned good (this was the only villain I was redeeming when NCSoft announced it was pulling the plug).
    Demgoddess_zps619253c1.jpg

Thunder Huntress: Intergalactic alien warrior hunting a dangerous entity.
    ThunderHuntress_zps79d2aeb2.jpg
    edited December 2012
    One more, since there's an image limit.

The Still-Heart: The resurrected Egyptian god Osiris.
    TheStill-Heart_zps83e6169d.jpg
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's a couple more!

Rose Wonder, CoH.

rose.jpg

Rose Wonder, CO.

screenshot_2012-12-05-22-30-20-1_zps5c1ebcb4.jpg

Of all my ports, I think she came out the best. I really like her CO look far better than her CoX one.

Chernobyl Cheerleader, CoX.

screenshot_121130-18-02-04_zps74edee5c.jpg

Chernobyl Cheerleader, CO before I changed her hair again.

cc2012.jpg

I'd post T-34, Tide Shifter, and a couple others, but I gave them all complete power and costume overhauls.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seschat translated pretty well, I think. Shorter skirt, but ended up with a shirt, due to a lack of adequate tights patterns.

Sischat-Before%20And%20After.jpg
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mmm here are a few.

My main, Condor:

CondorComparision2.png

My archer, Cazadora Esmeralda:

Cazadora01.png

Mercenary, Husar de la Muerte:

Husar.png

My Atlantean, Anemona:

Anemona01.png
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Fortunata, Psychic Silk:

Silk01.png

My Catgirl, Puma:

May need to play with proportions a bit more...

Puma.png

And finally 2 takes on my second main? Violet Darkmoor:

Violet01.png

Violet03.png

Really love the last costume.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Silk01.png

Violet03.png

These two are particularly great. Love the color combinations!
    biffsig.jpg
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mmm here are a few.

My Atlantean, Anemona:

Anemona01.png

To be honest? I think the CO version has actually worked BETTER than the original, here. Nicely done!
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Silk01.png

Violet03.png

Despite the fact that in both cases, the costumes are nothing at all like the originals, I think you've managed somehow to capture the idea that these are actually the same characters. The theme is intact in both cases.

(And agreed with Smackwell on the color combos!)
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The original Sister Silicon in CoH (Pinnacle server) is on the left. Elec/Elec/Foce Blaster. Unfortunately, I can't find a better screencap of her later kits. Freckles were involved.

Original Sister Silicon in Champions is in the middle. Still electric, still squishy as %#&@.

Sister Silicon Prime is on the right. Learning you're an android clone makes you a little more amenable to change, so she's all power armor and plasma beams and brunette and stuff.

Sister%20Silicon%20Evolution.jpg?psid=1
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,164 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    Just want to pop in and say I love looking at these!
    Quite some improvements in my opinion.
  • fallenvalkyrjafallenvalkyrja Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    oskmey_then_and_now_by_fallenvalkyrja-d5padou.jpg

And a link to the DA page, just in case the image fails to appear or stops for some reason.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I really need to quit forgetting to look up my old COH pics and see if I have them still.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited December 2012
    Another batch of my characters that have made the transition (many more are still stranded and waiting for character slots).

Ar'Kesh
    I really wish there were side horns pointing down that didn't cover the ears... On the upside he has some raptor pets now to chew on people while he bashes them with his staff.

Comparison_ArKesh.jpg

Goldzilla (Chun in CoH)
    I wanted to see just what I could do to make that dragon helmet look like part of an actual head and this conversion dovetailed nicely with that. I also wanted a less wingy dragon (though I use phoenix flight in game which sort of produces wings).

Comparison_Goldzilla.jpg

Leichendiener
    No great shakes. Very happy with the irradiate head compared to the baselines zombie ones, though I wish the hat wasn't as tall.

Comparison_Leichendiener.jpg

Lepus Ex Machina
    I'm hugely happier with this guy in CO then ever in CoX in appearance and powers. Much more a giant vicious bunny machine now rather then a guy in a huge robot bunny suit. I admit though to having a lot of trouble navigating with the version of super jump here.

Comparison_LepusExMachina.jpg
    edited December 2012
    And here are three more that I've used the Nemesis system to represent as foils to my characters rather then full blown ones. Well, Bitter Thorn isn't actually one of my old characters, just a renegade member of a Circle of villains that followed me here...

Mousanthrope
    Those huge fingers move pretty wildly when he does nemesis cinematics.

Comparison_Mouseanthrope.jpg

Rogue Alien Hunter
    Is he a rogue that hunts aliens or a hunter of alien rogues? I still don't know for sure. I didn't notice till now how close those pants look to his old ones. Pretty amusing.

Comparison_RogueAlienHunter.jpg

Bitter Thorn
    Maybe a bit to much like an evil green jawa, but considering the source...

Gallery_BitterThorn.jpg

This is a fun process really, some of the most fun I have in CO is kicking its creator around to revision old concepts. Would anybody be interested in a thread of "requests for help converting old characters"? If so would it make more sense in the Costumes and Concepts folder (I'm actually not entirely sure why this one never got moved there :redface:)?
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh, well, here goes something.

Malleable Mechanic > Wheelman
    It's not an exact port over (something I've explicitly wanted to avoid) but I wanted to take some of the idea behind the Mechanic and update it for a new-ish character concept I could use in CO. This is what I got, and I'm really happy with it.

mmcomparison.png
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Before Freedom:
    srp.jpg

After Freedom:
    cohbrou2_zps748d11b6.png

Since CO Launch:
    screenshot_2011-06-13-15-10-09.jpg

On Alert: