test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Before and After: Your CoH characters in Champs!

biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
So there's a lot of people remaking their City characters in Champs. Got screenshots? Let's see your before-and-after screenshots here!
biffsig.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I totally did this, but i never had any photos of my guy in COH. I also have him in DCUO as well, though that just as a placeholder since they don't have a darkness powerset.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My old human form back when I quit.

Current human form.

Old werewolf form.

Current werewolf form.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    EDIT: Whoops.
    [center][i]♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪[/i][/center]
  • cmdrgodfreycmdrgodfrey Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Comparison of 2005 and 2012 Arachnos Commander from CoH
    Close up shot of AC in CoH
    Arachnos Commander, CO version #1

The CO version is a temporary costume. Story wise, he was badly damaged during the CoH invasion of the Battalion, but was one of the many rescued by the Ouroboros Menders. Was randomly sent to a new world/dimension to heal and just so happened to be sent to the dimension of Earth where the heroes fight for Millenium City.

His armor will change once he's "healed." :P

If only there was a version of Warshades in CO, I'd be an extremely happy camper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ooh, fun.

Before he was called Chisoku, his name was Green Regis on the freedom server. Very soon after I discovered the magic of capes, he adapted a more familiar look.

One color-shift later, and Green Regis looked brighter.

Soon I got sick of being tied to the color green, and switched over to Virtue, where I became Chisoku. The look pretty much stuck from then on.

Come Champions, and I attempted to adapt Chisoku's old "Half helmet with scarf" look. It didn't go well, so I soon was back to using default helmets.

Then I discovered how I could construct a cool-looking helmet using various top and eye detail pieces, creating his signature helmet design he now uses.

TLDR: A few tweaks have been from there, but to keep things brief, here's a screenshot that sums it all up.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• leatherhead0leatherhead0 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Aw man, this thread would have been a great way to get the Costumes and Concepts forum jumping again.

I really miss the forum based CCs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This sig is more useless than my last one.
  • mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This first one is actually a reversal - this is a CO character who migrated briefly to COH -

Saber Dance - CO Main Costume

Saber Dance - COH Costume

The second here shows a rather radical change in concept, largely because I loathe the Single Blade powerset's mish-mash of animations.

Yumii's longest-serving COH Costume (As you may imagine, I've had MANY over the years, but this one has lasted the longest with only minor updates.)

From the back

Main CO Costume

FIRE WINGS*

I'll see about getting some more later. (I've only got so many COH screenshots I'm afraid, I've changed computers since I started playing COH and uninstalled/reinstalled more times than I can count; and I know I deleted the screenies at least twice in that course.)

*I still love them for putting those in. >_>

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Damn, I wish I had pics of my main in CoH, but I never took any screens during my time in CoH and would have to wait hours DLing the game just to take them. Tempting, though, I only have till Nov 30 if I want any evidence of what she looked like there to at all*...

*assuming there's still a copy of her somewhere in one of the servers (don't remember if I was in Liberty or Freedom, maybe both)

The CO version is a temporary costume. Story wise, he was badly damaged during the CoH invasion of the Battalion, but was one of the many rescued by the Ouroboros Menders. Was randomly sent to a new world/dimension to heal and just so happened to be sent to the dimension of Earth where the heroes fight for Millenium City.

If only there was a version of Warshades in CO, I'd be an extremely happy camper!

You could get something kind of close to that helmet- try the Viper full fanged helmet from the Recog vendors or a drop.
  • cmdrgodfreycmdrgodfrey Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I was looking at that helmet. Might give it a try on costume slot #2. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drgrendeldrgrendel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I played CoX for a couple of years a while back. It was the main reason I got a lifetime membership here. I've remade quite a few of may old Heroes and even a couple of my villains in this game.

My first Hero side character was a Tank called Colorguard. He was also my first Champion.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/cohcocolorguard.jpg/

Cryo-Girl. Pretty much speaks for herself I guess
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/cohcocryogirl.jpg/

Dr. Arcanum was an Illusion, storm, Controller (as best I can recall, Its been a while), though Ive had dificulty rebuilding him over here.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/cohcodrarcanum.jpg/

Dr. Grendel; My first "City" Character. I started on Villains. He was a blades and claws Stalker there. Over here on Champs Ive made him the nemesis of another Villain who Ive remade on champions as a reformed Hero.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/cohcodrgrendel.jpg/

Grey Fletcher, my stealth archer
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/222/cohcogreyfletcher.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/cohcogreyfletcher2.jpg/

Hardluck was a Villainous brute on "City". Here Ive remade him as a reformed Villain trying to make things right. Of course Dr. Grendel wont let him forget his past that easily.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/cohcohardluck.jpg/

Kid Quasar, was an Energy/Energy blaster back in Paragon. In Millennium City Hes a mix of Force, TK, and some beams borrowed from Powered Armor
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/cohcokidquasar.jpg/

In City of Villains, Zero-1 was a bots mastermind. Here Ive recreated him as Kid Quasars first Nemesis.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/cohcozer01.jpg/

Ive got one or two other remakes as well, but I don't have the original screens to compare anymore.

City of Heroes may be closing its doors. but at least some of its heroes and villains will live on here in Champions Online.

D.G.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Comparison of 2005 and 2012 Arachnos Commander from CoH

Hey commander, I believe we have an aviator jacket you can use for your outfit. I'd have to go look which costume set that's in.

Edit:

Yea we have a jacket similar to that. It's called Pulp Military Jacket, at least on females. Not sure if it's the same on males. I might take a gander and see.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    welcome to COH players
  • thecheeseslicerthecheeseslicer Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's a CoH/CO comparison of my main character, Cheese Slicer.
    http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/CoH/cheesecohco.png
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bumping to make sure game content threads aren't knocked off the front page.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Another bump, unfortunately, is needed. Sorry folks.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So bad that my CoH characters aren't the same that my CO ones, i'm pretty sure that they would be interesting to make, also, if you are from CoH and haven't seen a costume piece like the one that you need, look for the Costume Unlocks, there is a thread is this forum (under Missions and Content) and a page in the wiki
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Two bumps isn't working, you need to bump harder!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For some reason photobucket isn't working for me. any time i hit a link it fails to load so i can see the pictures.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All theses coh players and their super heroes characters are good to see here.
    It was boring sometimes to see Millenium city with 50% of wolves and demons players as it was on Co before you arrived.
    Thanks to them. Welcome on Champions Online.
  • seismecaseismeca Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Huh, it just occurred to me I never really took a lot of in-game screenshots of my CoH character. I always preferred drawn..drawings for things like VV pages.

anyways, heres a lowrez CoH Seismecca CoH link

and, well, I COULD completely recreated that in CO, where would be the fun in that? So I remade her with some new parts CO link
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's a look at one of my two mains in COH, Cyberman 8.

And here's the most recent version of him in CO.

I wasn't able to make a version in CO that I was satisfied with until they came out with the Sci-Fi pack and I was able to get the skullcap and visor from it.

I'm still not quite satisfied with the helmet. But it'll do and it gets the feel across. The rest of it works though.

I really wish that I could duplicate that brimmed helmet with swept "V" look. CO does have a "Mecha Wings" V. But it's WAY too big and straight to look anything but ridiculous on C8.
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    All theses coh players and their super heroes characters are good to see here.
    It was boring sometimes to see Millenium city with 50% of wolves and demons players as it was on Co before you arrived.
    Thanks to them. Welcome on Champions Online.

Oh wow, I made a similar observation the other day. I thought I was just imagining it but the mix of more contemporary hero design is something that is more than welcome.
  • solacia1solacia1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I made Dangerlass ages ago ^^ but recently since the news we have a group of characters in our guild that honour the Phalanx and Vindicators. Also Mynx is now my nemesis :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OK, I'll bite. Here's a comparison of Samuel Tow. On the left is his best costume that I went out of my way to make for the Freedom Rally and my best "face" so far, while on the right is his Champions counterpart. I couldn't get the face right and the costume is a tad too glossy. I'll see about working on that.
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Looks like you probably used the Leather finish for your costume. If you want a deep black, Cloth is a good finish for that; Metal gives the proper metallic glint, but might look grayish rather than black. If you want the Metal but your color doesn't look black enough, I'd try experimenting with some of the other available colors to see how they look...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited September 2012
    Well, I'm not looking for a tar black look, per se. I need something that looks like what Solid Snake wore, only black instead of navy blue. If I make it fabric, it all just melds together. I want to keep the whole thing black, but I still want there to be a good deal of surface detail on it to show up all the detail lines of the tech suit.
    |

• solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know some of you consider your new characters "works-in-progress", but there are some really good outfits here (I'm kinda biased to CO graphics). Kudos to all.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh god, you're going to make me download CoH just to get screencaps of all my old characters I made back in issue 5. D=
  • eddiewoodeddiewood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is a neat thread. I'll have to dig up some screenshots. I like seeing all these before and after shots.
  • mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »
    Well, I'm not looking for a tar black look, per se. I need something that looks like what Solid Snake wore, only black instead of navy blue. If I make it fabric, it all just melds together. I want to keep the whole thing black, but I still want there to be a good deal of surface detail on it to show up all the detail lines of the tech suit.

Something that may work for you Sam, try the grey just one single spot up from the first black.* I've used it a few times for 'black' costumes that I don't want to be detail-obliteratingly black.

*Do NOT use the second black, the one down at the bottom, unless you either want pitch-black or you're using metal.

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
    edited September 2012
    *Do NOT use the second black, the one down at the bottom, unless you either want pitch-black or you're using metal.

Well, pitch black with bump mapping seems to work pretty well so far. I don't so much want to display a surface texture as I want to display the shape of the gear. I'm actually thinking of getting the Nighthawk Armour and using that, since it has a bit more detail to it.

Mostly, though, I need to fix the face.
    |

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LOL had three tabs out posted in wrong bit so edited :D

Dont drink and rants kids \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • lordtriganlordtrigan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    These are some really awesome-looking characters!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2012
    Might as well:
    Kaiserin
    Kaiserin (Beast)
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i havent played coh for years, and dont have any screenies, so cant post any before/afters myself. but i DO have some remakes... man you are all making me feel so nostalgic right now lol
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Might as well:
    Kaiserin
    Kaiserin (Beast)

very nice looking toons! both before and after. i actually think the after look for your human form is stealable :wink: almost.... but i wont. lol. im all about originality. but i was tempted there. seriously.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Reptile Gunslinger:

Normal Outfit
    Before/After

Vanguard Outfit
    Before/After.

I'll probably edit my CO Vanguard since that one is outdated.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CoH
    CO

I'm still miffed at the lack of "Angelic" tights in CO :frown:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I do miss having a Granite Covered tank.

But overall, my toons look better here.
  • maskedshrikemaskedshrike Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    The Shrike over in CoH, and the Shrike in Champions
    I love the Golden Age and Pulp costume options here. She finally has the right hairstyle, and jodhpurs! Oh, how I wanted them in CoH.

PinUp Girl in CoH
    , and PinUp Girl in Champions
    Still working on some outfits for her in CO. Can't get the exact sailor suit look, but I will probably do some seasonal outfits here instead. I do love the hairstyle, and the knife sheaths. I find the lack of knives (as in actual fighting knives) disturbing, though.

Scarlet Specter in CoH, and Scarlet Specter in Champions
    Much happier with the duster here. Also, holsters!

All in all, I love some of the costume options here that I never had in CoH, but there are also some things I miss. I have a feeling I'll be buying most of the costume packs.
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *snip*. I find the lack of knives (as in actual fighting knives) disturbing, though.

i cant remember where i got the costume unlock, but there is a dirk looking thing that basically looks like a slightly long knife, its can be used for single/dual weapon toons.
    hey, different game, different pros and cons. nice looking toons btw!

edit:http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Dual_%26_Single_Blades
    vampiric blade 2 is the one im thinking of.... you get the costume unlock off of vampires! (whoda thunkit lol) however i admit to not playing a lot of mish lately. doing adventure packs and wotnot when i can play, so not sure if they still drop after last itemization changes
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My old human form back when I quit.

Current human form.

Old werewolf form.

Current werewolf form.

Wow! Just... Wow!

Your CO Werewolf form is awesome. It almost scared me, surely don't wanna met her in a dark alley. CoH one looks funny in kindest word.

Edit: Forgot to talk about my CoH/CO characters. I made some of my CoH characters when I started Champions. After my comeback I've deleted them all and decided to make CO exclusive characters. Only CoH related one was re-creation of my first CoH hero which is deleted long ago, Knightly Defender. He is in Millenium City at the moment, unlike his CoH version (FF/Psi defender) he is quite enjoyable to play in teams and solo. Back in the day in CoH most defender builds were unable to solo missions, even -2 ones. :/
  • bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some defender builds could solo much more easily than others. FF, Sonic, and Empathy were at a big disadvantage compared to sets like Dark Miasma, Storm Summoning, and Radiation Emission.

For comparison, back in the day I could keep my D3 up against Praetorian AVs virtually indefinitely. I couldn't generate enough damage to kill them in an amount of time my patience could handle, but I was never really in any danger. I could solo most missions fairly easily, if a bit slowly.

I have always enjoyed the Force set here more than the FF set in CoH.
    Also, the beast legs in CoH were terribly proportioned for everyone but huge models. I tried to make characters with them but most didn't last very long. My CoV beta ss/inv brute had beast legs, but in live I remade her with motorcycle boots instead.

This is Selene, my DM/DA scrapper in CoH:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8716/selenecoh.jpg

This is Selene remade for CO:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8064/seleneco.jpg

She's no longer DM/DA so much. More a combination of Bestial Supernatural and Darkness.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    I do miss having a Granite Covered tank.

But overall, my toons look better here.

As a fellow Stone Tank from CoH my CO version doesn't quite look the same. But I do like the rock skin in CO and it works very well, so I'm happy with him.

Plus I don't need to put up with the downsides of Granite form anymore. Being defeated by a curb was always a pain. :)
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I kind of wish I hadn't clicked on any of these. I remember CoX looking so much better. This is like that time I more recently watched an animated movie I loved when I was younger. I remembered it being so much better, and I wish I'd left it that way. :frown:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • maskedshrikemaskedshrike Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    i cant remember where i got the costume unlock, but there is a dirk looking thing that basically looks like a slightly long knife, its can be used for single/dual weapon toons.
    hey, different game, different pros and cons. nice looking toons btw!

edit:http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Dual_%26_Single_Blades
    vampiric blade 2 is the one im thinking of.... you get the costume unlock off of vampires! (whoda thunkit lol) however i admit to not playing a lot of mish lately. doing adventure packs and wotnot when i can play, so not sure if they still drop after last itemization changes

Thanks for the good words, and for the heads-up on the blade. That does look like it may be a bit smaller. I'll be sure and keep an eye out for that one.
  • psi2psi2 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I only really have one character in both CoH and CO.

CoH Trickshot Kid: Link

CO Trickshooter: Link

Overall I'm pretty happy with how Trick looks in CO now. I'm a fan of simplistic costumes. :)
  • eddiewoodeddiewood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Combat Fembot in COH link

And in CO link

I've re-imaged her for Champions Online. In COH she was a ELE/ELE/ELE blaster, and my first level 50 toon. In CO she's going Power Armor, built for ranged damage, so far.

This is the only toon I have on Champions right now. I have two other toons I'm looking to remake at some point.