test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heroes of All Cities

Comments

• lunakitty42lunakitty42 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Trailturtle...

Thank you for the kind words- I played CoX from 2009 til August 2012- and went back last night to be there at the very end.

I've transplanted a few of my toons here (in one case his CoX self is here and is due to meet his Millennium counterpart soon-) and having a little fun. I have even met some nice people here who have been more than happy to help me with learning this new game...

To those, I say thank you for taking us in...
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CoH was one of the first mmos I've ever actually played. I had my fun there and met plenty of pretty cool people. Eventually I had moved on and came here to Champions way back in October 09 just before Halloween and transitioned over here. I stayed with CoX for about 2 and a half and made some pretty fun toons over there during my tenure. It was a great community that always grew each passing day and had a lot of great updates that was showing more and more improvement overtime as I played it. It's very disheartening to see it close and I wanted to come to it's final days but since my old account had been permanently closed I just didn't have time, but I felt I too should replay my respects. *salutes* I hope ya went down fighting with your feet planted to the ground. Or a variation of it anyways, and to those who have move on over to here: Take your time and get to learn and enjoy both the game and the community as you might run into a few familiar @handles here and there.

~From your local SoulStar
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • midshockmidshock Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been playing there since March 2009. When I heard about Champions, I said I would try it. I was in beta before the release and even bought a copy.

CoH still had my heart because every time I left, I came back to it. Now, it's really gone.

Three years later when they announced its sunset, I decided to come back here and re-imagined my characters to fit into this game. The community here was quite welcoming to me.

Thanks for the nod and thanks for taking me in. Millennium City seems like it's going to be my new home.
  • nadazdynadazdy Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I played up until last night, I was there until the very end. I will miss the game, because it became my home. I wish there had been more time, but I guess what there was will have to be enough. I played on Champion server, one of the gretest communities in gaming I've ever know, one of the main reasons I played. SteelDominator, Chainz, Alexia, Zyy-Ruell and many, many others... I'll miss you all. But I'm going to move forward and show Champions Online the true spirit of Champion server- that we will band together and stand as one. I know some of my Champion brothers and sisters have come here to play, and we WILL show what our community is made of, that heart and spirit cannot die with the loss of our game.

Never the end.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I remember it clearly. It was May 1st 2004 and my wife (fiance at the time) and I were at Best Buy for some forgotten reason. I happened to wander through the game isle and stumbled across a game I'd never heard of before; City of Heroes. My wife and I had been playing EQ for a few years (she's the one who got me into MMOs, how cool is that?) , but the concept of a superhero MMO had never occurred to me. My mind was officially blown. Money was quite tight at the time and, sadly, I placed the box back on the shelf. As we continued shopping I kept finding myself back in the game isle staring at the box, talking myself out of the purchase time and again. Finally we finished our shopping and were standing in line when my wife said she had forgotten something. She quickly returned with a copy of CoH in tow. She had noticed my interest and knew of my love for comic books. I argued that we can't afford it and she said "We'll find a way. I've never seen you this interested in a game and we're getting it. Now shut up and buy it."

That night I picked a server at random (Pinnicle) and made my first character, a fire and ice user named Equinox. Sadly the burden of two monthly subs (we were still playing EQ) became too much and my initial subscription had to end 6 months later.

I attempted to return a couple of years later only to find that, for some reason, they had taken the name Equinox away from me and forced me to rename the character. I shelved the character and created Rhyatt, Brunswick, and a score more...

I was on Pinnicle last night as Rhyatt as the server died...

I may not have played the game much, but CoH will always have a special place in my heart...

RIP CoH. You were a truly groundbreaking game and that can never be taken away from you...

:frown:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • ziptwoziptwo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll miss CoH, but I hadn't played recently until the last night. All of the friends I played with were no longer interested in CoH and I never really moved on to another supergroup, so I hadn't played much in the last several years. Even though I hadn't play much recently, the characters I made there are some of my favorites from any game. It's sad to see CoH shut down.

Goodbye, City of Heroes.

Capture.jpg
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was logged in on two servers last night (multiple accounts).

Logged in on my main on Protector, first character on my first server.

Also on Justice with the last character I created.

Justice went dark first. Then, about 2 minutes later, Protector.

After that, I hurried up and logged into the Beta shard. It stayed live for another 5-10 minutes.

Then...nothing.

I played for 4-1/2 years and loved the entire time. So if CO happens to suffer in my comparison, I apologize in advance.

I can't say that this game helped me meet the love of my life, that I shared it with my kids, or influenced my career choices, or that I used it as a learning tool of some sort. But the fact that all of these things happened within our community was just awe inspiring.

For a hopelessly antisocial person, this kinda stuff just got me where I lived.

And I met an absolute BOATLOAD of really REALLY cool people playing. Some of whom I continue to maintain a friendly relationship with outside the game. And it kinda hurts that I won't be able to keep up regularly with all of them (too many people going in too many directions toward other games).
  • chikahirochikahiro Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the send-off. Its really appreciated.

I long held that the CO and COH devs were on far, far better terms than some of the fans were. After all, Paragon Studio's core devs were from Cryptic! I still wonder how many of you folks are still friends, get together, etc., you know?

Thanks again to everyone who worked on it, including Jack Emmert/Statesman. Yes, after all these years. Can't hold a grudge forever, right? :p

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Sorry as epic a UO is it wasnt as mass market. CoX was the game that put MMO's on the map.

I can say this without bias as UO is quite possibly my most fave game ever.

I said first Triple A mmo not first MMO XD

LOL it wasn't even the 1st MMO. :tongue:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • vampirialvampirial Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think im still in shock over the loss of my first Superpower MMO, Fair Well Dark Ebon Spider and Abyssal you will be missed (Until i make you again on Champs and this time keep you :D)

I hope all who lost their beloved world find a new home with us here in Millenium, while it wont be your beloved Rogue Isles or Atlas Park it will be a sufficient and hopefully welcoming new place to hang your cape.

I really only hope that Elizabeth Bathory and her Court find their way to Millenium that way i can rejoin them once more.

many thanks

V
  • cohsurvivorcohsurvivor Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want to thank all of you for the kind words and I hope some my CoX Friends find a home here. I never could.

I was here in the pre-launch and bought a lifetime membership. I sadly started a Duel Blades toon who I found out later was doomed because of some bug or nerf that rendered him less than optimum in combat.

I just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the character model and the stories felt pretty silly at times, CO always had it's tongue in it's cheek. So I went back to COH,

Came back about a year later and tried to play again. Checked in forums to see that people were pretty livid about how long it took to zone and lots of bugs. Played anyway. It seemed better, but still I didn't feel like a hero on the streets. (I will give CO this. The initial tutorial ended with a salute and all the signature heroes honoring you before you got sent off to Canada or New Mexico. That was the only moment I felt like I mattered and it was awesome!)

I come back every so often and check it out. I may do so again. I mean, why not? I paid for the privilege. But it can never be my home. Neither could DCU online (another lifetime subscriber) or Star Trek (another life..You get the idea) or any of the other dozen of so I've tried over the years.

CoX captured the Silver Age in a way that no Super MMO has. I do appreciate the kind thoughts and welcome, but some of us are lost in a void between worlds. We may visit but we will wander away.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for those words of sympathy and welcome, and those that have been offered before to those of us who must now search for a new home.

After holding out all summer, I finally started playing CoH in the fall of 2004. While I wandered to other games (including CO's stablemate STO, which is where my PWE forum name comes from), I always kept up my subscription to CoH, and I always ended up coming back to it. I enjoyed it because it was so different from most other games out there, and though it had a rocky start, I was glad to watch it getting better and better as the years went on. I think part of me expected it to just keep going on like that for years, if not forever... until that numbing announcement three months ago.

I'm an old tabletop Champs player; ironically, my very first (and in some ways most beloved) CoH character started out as/was inspired by a never-played Champs character. I probably won't be remaking her here, even though it could be considered bringing her "full circle" and she fits the Impulse AT as well as she did Force Field/Energy Blast; in the process of importing her into Paragon City, and her long career there, she became forever linked to that setting in my mind. When I make my first character here, it'll be someone else: maybe something inspired by yet another page in that big binder of character builds that every tabletop Champions player seems to have, or maybe someone entirely new.

That'll have to wait a few more days; I'm still catching up with STO, which I've neglected recently for obvious reasons, and coming to terms with what's been lost. But I wanted to respond to this thread right away, to take the outstretched hand and shake it gladly.

Again, thank you, everyone.
  • alchemedicalchemedic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can only echo the gratitude of other Paragon City refugees who appreciates the kindness your community has shown to us. I don't know what my future will be like in CO ?*but that's more a matter of other commitments at the moment, and not dissatisfaction with this game ? but I am grateful for your words of welcome and sympathy.

I was online with my SG friends (Paragon City Search and Rescue, or PCSAR) for the server apocalypse, both united in a League and on Skype. The evening was sad, but we had a community that kept us together to the end. I'm going to go reflect on that for a little while longer.

Peace, and thanks again!
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Even though I'm not a long member of CO but I do feel what other feels about COH shutdown

Since I knew that COH exist but I can't play it, But I do find many different things here in CO and I know it the same to COH, only less on small things............

Paragon, Mellenium City or not. Your heroes still remain, they just isolate until you bring them back here and have a new look too. Plus not little peoples is from COH, there is a lot and you will find your SG friends here too. And all the memories will come together and those fallen Heroes will be reborn (I hope to see it too)

So cheer up all, and Welcome to Mellenium City.

A warm welcome from your friendly neighborhood Tempest, Xerath
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Back in my days as a CoX player, I once had a dream I was playing City of Heroes 2. It was a big, open world MMO like WoW is and it had graphics comparable to GTA IV. I was fighting some criminals in a high rise office building, when I look out the window and see Sister Psyche and Statesman soaring past, heading to an epic, open world battle. After finishing off the thugs, I jumped out the window and flew off to join them.

I would love for this to be a prophetic dream, and see the rise of a CoH2. In the mean time, I will continue watching over Millennium City, with fond memories of Paragon in my heart.

Farewell City of Heroes, you will be missed.
  • koriel8koriel8 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CoH's closure affected more deeply than I anticipated and I've been very sad. But CO's presence has helped fill in some of the void and I'm comforted in knowing a lot of CoH players will continue in CO.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LOL it wasn't even the 1st MMO. :tongue:

UO not the first MMO? >_> This my nerdy friend is disturbing news to someone how has played most mmo's out thar. What is the first? Is it still running? Were can I find it? THIS I MUST KNOW :O

Back to CoX was on my alt account when it shutted just sitting in the park with a few buddies. I cant say I will miss the community because my SG in CO is my SG in CoX so I wont lose my crew. Heck my crew have been about since UO so I am lucky a little that way. What I will miss is the darker more serious atmosphere of CoX.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    chikahiro wrote: »
    Thanks for the send-off. Its really appreciated.

I long held that the CO and COH devs were on far, far better terms than some of the fans were. After all, Paragon Studio's core devs were from Cryptic! I still wonder how many of you folks are still friends, get together, etc., you know?

Thanks again to everyone who worked on it, including Jack Emmert/Statesman. Yes, after all these years. Can't hold a grudge forever, right? :p

I think Flloyd and Chris (Castle and Babs) were on decent terms with most of the dev team because they seemed to know what was happening. Personally, I think we got lucky with some of the best devs in the gaming community. It's hard to imagine them really being too much at odds with each other.

Trailturtle, thank you!

For myself, I was there until Virtue crashed. Got in one last ITF (imperious task force). We downed rommy and were on the towers polishing off his army when the server crashed. But that was just overload not the end, so I went to exalted grabbed my namesake and just ran into anything I could find on the street and hit it until the lights went out. So I was street sweeping steel canyon with titan weapons for a good 4 minutes past the alert when it locked up.

Then I came over here, loaded up one of my characters that is a re-creation of my main from city (Razor Bunny) and headed to vibora bay and pounded on vampires until I was too tired and had to sleep.

For those who don't know, The Cape Radio has moved to champions. They broadcast from different spots, last night was The Minefield with DJ Anarchy. Do say hello, they're fun people and good music.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    UO not the first MMO? >_> This my nerdy friend is disturbing news to someone how has played most mmo's out thar. What is the first?
    Back in the old days, we used to call 'em MUDs, or Multi-User Dungeons. They were text-only, and accessed via dial-up modems for which we sometimes had to pay long-distance fees.

And we was happy to have 'em! Now git offa mah lawn, ya goldurn kids!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think Flloyd and Chris (Castle and Babs) were on decent terms with most of the dev team because they seemed to know what was happening. Personally, I think we got lucky with some of the best devs in the gaming community. It's hard to imagine them really being too much at odds with each other.

Trailturtle, thank you!

For myself, I was there until Virtue crashed. Got in one last ITF (imperious task force). We downed rommy and were on the towers polishing off his army when the server crashed. But that was just overload not the end, so I went to exalted grabbed my namesake and just ran into anything I could find on the street and hit it until the lights went out. So I was street sweeping steel canyon with titan weapons for a good 4 minutes past the alert when it locked up.

Then I came over here, loaded up one of my characters that is a re-creation of my main from city (Razor Bunny) and headed to vibora bay and pounded on vampires until I was too tired and had to sleep.

For those who don't know, The Cape Radio has moved to champions. They broadcast from different spots, last night was The Minefield with DJ Anarchy. Do say hello, they're fun people and good music.

i beilve the dev chris aka back alley brawler is a dev on this game. i have a hunch on which 1. but i will wait till more hints are reviled.

whilke i wasnt on city of when it got shutdown. i hiwever did say my goodbyies. 1st i said goodbye with teaming with my mian. then the next day i beatup the 1 master villian, ive beaten before on teams but never myself. so i defeated frostfire on my main. after the fight. i took the tram to talos and walked all the way to atlas taking the same route i did when i first started. taols to sky, from sky to kings row, then to atlas. i put my main where i 1st sharted. on the bottom step. below mis lib.

i fermily belive that city of will comeback. not as the same game, but as a spiritual succssor. or as city of 2. :)
  • bathoryoncobathoryonco Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vampirial wrote: »
    I think im still in shock over the loss of my first Superpower MMO, Fair Well Dark Ebon Spider and Abyssal you will be missed (Until i make you again on Champs and this time keep you :D)

I hope all who lost their beloved world find a new home with us here in Millenium, while it wont be your beloved Rogue Isles or Atlas Park it will be a sufficient and hopefully welcoming new place to hang your cape.

I really only hope that Elizabeth Bathory and her Court find their way to Millenium that way i can rejoin them once more.

many thanks

V

This is Erzsebet Bathory of the Court of the Blood Countess. I made Liz on Champions together with the Court years ago. But after a few months ended up on Union on COH again... where I belong.

Now that that dimension is closed to me.. I still have a Champions Gold account. I should go check the state of that alltogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Back in the old days, we used to call 'em MUDs, or Multi-User Dungeons. They were text-only, and accessed via dial-up modems for which we sometimes had to pay long-distance fees.

And we was happy to have 'em! Now git offa mah lawn, ya goldurn kids!

I will have to see if any of these MUDS are up and running . No doubt some righteous mother will start a CoH MUD. That be awesome.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • dojihajimedojihajime Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I personally would like to thank you for being so kind to have this thread. It is very big of you to do so.
    Daimyo Shi Level 4
    Onna-Gatana level 4

City of Heroes Refugee
  • mrlemmingmrlemming Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will have to see if any of these MUDS are up and running . No doubt some righteous mother will start a CoH MUD. That be awesome.
    If you are interested, you should google for the mud connector. ;)

I used to play and code MUDs in their heyday (mid 1990s). There's still plenty around these days.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I suppose if you really want to be technical the spiritual ancestor of mmos and muds are play by mail games, from the old days of the 80s (some of these are also still going, though much diminished in number, variety and playerbase!)

Before that over the table rp games (of the really old days of the 70s! =p)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I suppose if you really want to be technical the spiritual ancestor of mmos and muds are play by mail games, from the old days of the 80s (some of these are also still going, though much diminished in number, variety and playerbase!)

Before that over the table rp games (of the really old days of the 70s! =p)
    The basic requirement for "first MMO" would have to be that the game be multiplayer, and online. Not sure that mail counts as online, but tabletop (which, thank Gygax, is still going strong) is definitely offline in nature.

Otherwise it dates back at least as far as the wargames practiced by the German military academy during the Weimar republic.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i beilve the dev chris aka back alley brawler is a dev on this game. i have a hunch on which 1. but i will wait till more hints are reviled.

whilke i wasnt on city of when it got shutdown. i hiwever did say my goodbyies. 1st i said goodbye with teaming with my mian. then the next day i beatup the 1 master villian, ive beaten before on teams but never myself. so i defeated frostfire on my main. after the fight. i took the tram to talos and walked all the way to atlas taking the same route i did when i first started. taols to sky, from sky to kings row, then to atlas. i put my main where i 1st sharted. on the bottom step. below mis lib.

i fermily belive that city of will comeback. not as the same game, but as a spiritual succssor. or as city of 2. :)

I know BaBs is on Neverwinter. As far as City of coming back, as long as NCSoft holds the IP it won't be City of directly. At best you can hope for is a spiritual successor in some fashion.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The basic requirement for "first MMO" would have to be that the game be multiplayer, and online. Not sure that mail counts as online, but tabletop (which, thank Gygax, is still going strong) is definitely offline in nature.

I didnt say play by mail games or table top were the first mmos, but the spiritual ancestors.

Tabletop were the first rpg (of the mmoRPG name) they begat play by mail games that were massive multiplayer (some at least and all compared to tabletop) games.

These were adapted to MUDs later that evolved to be true MMOs.

As mentioned the first true MMO was ultima online, followed by everquest (the biggest till WOW came along) CoX was a good MMO, the first super hero MMO, but wasnt the first, biggest or the one that put them on the map.
  • necroxyd1necroxyd1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its a verry bad news , I'v almost cried .. I'v player CoX for years and LOVED IT ! , and switched for CO 2 years ago ...

But now what !?? can we have NEMESIS ONLINE ? and news worlds like an Asgard (dont remember the name of the medival world in CoX)

I realy miss my villains ...

and I hope CO take the opportunity and make it a better/Bigger game to welcome CoX players.
  • karremaniakarremania Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its not that often you see a huge competitor saying these words, even though they share a 'common' history (both devs as company alike). I think for many of us CoH veterans, it means alot.

I saw the message earlier being posted on facebook, decided to give CO another go (played it 3 years ago or such). Though i'm happy parts of the game remind me of CoH in a good way, at the same time i miss the things CO lacks compared to CoH more then anything. But at least CO still has a future, perhaps a bit more solid then running under the iron fist of NCsoft.

Its feels 'fresh', though i already miss the mission-running with folks (CO doesnt really have something like that, apart from the 'hit and run' Alert stuff), but met quite alot of friendly folks ingame already, helping me out translating my CoX 'language' into CO style.

Big shoutout to all heroes of Defiant, Union, Pinnacle, Freedom and Liberty.
    /em salute from all my 92 characters.
  • erasmuskravenerasmuskraven Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm missing you Virtue
  • alienonealienone Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a 7-year CoH veteran, I sincerely appreciate the sentiment coming from the CO community. The great community is what kept me loyal to COH, so to see actions like these from the CO community, it means a lot, and made me go ahead and head over here.

Although I was in the beta for this game, I feel like a noob starting all over again, because I haven't given it a lot of time or energy over the past few years... So, we'll see how it goes.

I'm missing my horde of 25 level 50s from CoH already though... :/
  • rottenluck13rottenluck13 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And yet another refugee from City of Heroes. I had made an account about two months ago, but haven't played. To busy saying goodbye to Paragon.

Well here I am and go by the name RottenLuck13. @Rotten Luck on the CoH system.

Going to be playing my latest creation a Mutant who's powers changed him into a ratboy! Going by the name PEST!

RPer here but not heavy I like having fun both IC and OOC.
  • thekinradthekinrad Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I know at least a few of us have found our way into your world. :)
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you so much for this kind invitation. While it'll never be CoH, I hope to have as much fun on CO as I did on the former. It will assuredly be a new home for my characters.
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great to see this thread.

Paragon City will be missed. As will my Purpled out Warshade and VEAT.

SIGH

:redface:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • dynamojrdynamojr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is my first post here in CO.
    I am a COH refugee and I would like to thank the CO community for the show compassion in our darkest days. I now have an account here and have seen some familiar faces ingame already. It makes it less of a loss to know that CO is welcoming us with open arms.
  • ambivalentmanambivalentman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Although it wasn't my first MMO home (and I miss you too, PSO), it was always a fantastic world to adventure in and explore. Yes, even that same office interior set and warehouse.

Farewell, Paragon City and Rogue Isles!
    I truly, truly thank all of you at Champions Online for these words.
    To hear things like this from friends and family, or fellow players, that's one thing.
    To hear words of recognition and respect from essentially, a competitor, that speaks volumes for this dev team.

Again, thank you.

Tolrick, Virtue refugee
  • sonarr00sonarr00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First, allow me to say: Good Day, Eh.

I appreciate this thread, and the thoughts.

While City of Heroes was my game of choice, I've always enjoyed Champions as a nice change of scenery from time to time. I'll be around awhile longer as more than just a passing visitor, it looks like. ^.^;

Thanks for the welcome!

-Sonarr
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a former COH player of 5 plus years and a 3 plus year subscriber to Co.
    Welcome!

I hope all of you enjoy this game enough to hang around awhile.

I do have a question however for some of you COH vets...What was the name of that zone
    where a random hero/villain was hunted by other heroes? Was that some kind of "Wanted"
    Zone? Also, there was a zone where it was pvp mixed with NP C's that would attack you.
    Where you had to watch your back because anything and everyone could attack you.

Does anybody know the name of that place? So much fun! I wish Co had something like that. Well, there are many things i wish Co would adopt from COH. But that's another story for another day.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Siren's Call and Warburg respectively.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Siren's Call and Warburg respectively.

Ahh...yes. Thank you very much indeed. Seems like a small thing, but you made my day. :smile:
  • c0wb0y33c0wb0y33 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I never got to join the rest of The Galaxy Guardian in the best SG war cry ever! FOR THE GALAXY!!! I'm going to miss that *sniff*
  • thevshikopthevshikop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would also like to say thank you for this thread and all the kind thoughts from the CO community.

My involvement with CoH goes back more than 11 years. Back in October, 2001, I first visited the website set up by Cryptic to help promote the development of the game. There was a forum section connected to that website, which I signed up on as Thevshi. It was not long before I became involved in the roleplaying section of those forums, joining dozens of others who were already telling the stories of their characters in Paragon City and forming supergroups. For more than two and a half years, I was involved in dozens of stories about my characters and their adventures in Paragon City (and beyond).

I was given the opportunity to join the third wave of beta testers in the closed beta (back when there were 500 of us) and then was there on the first day CoH went live. I maintained my subscription from that very first day, even though there were times through the years where RL prevented me from playing for months at a time. But eventually, I would find some time to get back on, and be able to get right back into things. Last Friday I was on for the end on Virtue, having the chance to see some of the people I had know from the pre-launch forums and fight alongside them one final time.

While I am deeply saddened that Paragon City is no more, it is the players I have known throughout the years (or even just teamed up with for a random mission team) that I will miss the most.

But now I am here and ready to defend a new city (and world!). I already have two characters made and leveled up to the mid-teens.

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there!
  • maolanmaolan Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Look out, evildoers...

The heroes of the Freedom Phalanx and Vanguard are about to turn up the heat in CO!!

-deep voice!- Penelope Yin...ALERT!!!

---

Anyway.. Yeah. I was a latecomer, began playing CoH close to the end of 2011. My characte,r Lady Shinori Landed smack-dab in the middle of the ruins of Galaxy City, stared up at the sundered heavens and clawed her way up through the fallen buildings, hordes of Praetorians and Malta Agents, siezed immortality and became a full fledged Incarnate, only to realize that her journey as a hero in Paragon City was only just beginning.

Unfortunately it, as many good things do, came to an abrupt end.

Thankfully though, there is a place that can be called home. I'm deeply appreciative of the fact that the Champions Online team took the time to reach out to the players and staff of City of Heroes. It shows that integrity is not dead in this world.... I'm certain Statesman would be proud to call CO home!
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome all CoX players. You're most welcome here. Do mind the ruffians in zone chat though.
  • bbansheeboy0465bbansheeboy0465 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dynamojr wrote: »
    This is my first post here in CO.
    I am a COH refugee and I would like to thank the CO community for the show compassion in our darkest days. I now have an account here and have seen some familiar faces ingame already. It makes it less of a loss to know that CO is welcoming us with open arms.

Same here tonight I was missing COH and Star Trek Online just wasn't filling the void. So I figured sign up and and lets see how CO goes.
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This was classy, respectful, and will help enormously with players transtioning. Well-done Cryptic Studios for the tribute.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • arollingthunderarollingthunder Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    THE REAL REASON COH WAS SHUTOWN.

Mr Friction droned some Villain in the PVP zone known as Recluse's Victory. The dude he droned was really a big wheel at the cracker factory known as NC Soft. So basically the dude was so butt hurt about being droned he shutdown the game...Pffft figures.:wink: