test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

let's take a vote, what new powersets would you want to see.

13»

Comments

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deleted by request of cybersoldier1981
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    deleted by request of cybersoldier1981
    No such thing was requested. I can provide links.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    you said i had no knowledge and my polls were worthless and too broad i complied
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    you said i had no knowledge and my polls were worthless and too broad i complied
    And your polls are usually:

1. Eliminating things you don't understand or comprehend.
    2. Consolidating things into broad catagories.
    3. Tailored to what you want.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2682171#post2682171

I need not explain more. I advise reading again, Jasin. Your comprehension of the words I wrote is feeble, and you've resorted to dragging the insults out across the forums. While you can claim my negativity is poisoning the forums, childish behavior like yours could be considered pouring Drano down the throat of these forums.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    so up on a high horse when it suits you
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    so up on a high horse when it suits you
    Yes, and unfortunately on that high horse, I'm forced to use the default Devastator AT appearance until the Devs fix the system. The high horse is available in a grab bag or for 200000 Drifter Salvage and has 3 mod slots.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I request it go back up. :frown:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    Well I request it go back up. :frown:
    back by request
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome. :biggrin: I hadn't checked in a while so hadn't seen the tally. Looks like Plant and Water are the top dogs atm.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    they are, to be honest i would change my votes from all the other good ones.
    but that's not how voting should work :)

i would really want elemental melee powers

Body/Biological Manipulation and grappling/wrestling would be really fun as well

but i stand by the integrity of this poll
    otherwise i would vote 14 times lol
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Power Stealing
    2. Wrestling
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    #1 SUPERSPEED POWERSET- The 3 biggest staples when thinking of superheroes are Flight/Super Strength/Super Speed. We have the travel power, but we still need the set to go with it. You'd not only be able to make a true superspeed character with this set, but also your superman types with superspeed combat and flight travel.

#2 PLANT POWERSET- We have also needed this set since the plantlike costume set was released. Now with Tunneling/Vine Swinging/Ninja leaves we could use a Plant set more then ever.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My second (and final suggestion)

A DANCE powerset. This powerset would be a combination of agility and psionic power and would have the ability to be comboed. Each dance attack would grant a high dodge bonus while being performed, and a dance form (or several) would enhance that dodge bonus.

Its most powerful move would be a mind altering effect that affects everyone (mooks, bosses, teammates) where everyone is forced to do a dance number and anyone who approaches within 150 feet of the player would also be forced into the number and remain until it is finished. Anyone who has less than 80 percent of their HP would end up unconcious as they faint from the effort. But to get this going you have to combo a certain number of other moves (which can only be done in combat... dueling is not included). Otherwise you'll have dancer typs triggering Gangnam style dances all over Rencen...

Yes. I've been watching too much of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" and have played Moonwalker (Sega Genesis version). :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »
    My second (and final suggestion)

A DANCE powerset. This powerset would be a combination of agility and psionic power and would have the ability to be comboed. Each dance attack would grant a high dodge bonus while being performed, and a dance form (or several) would enhance that dodge bonus.

Its most powerful move would be a mind altering effect that affects everyone (mooks, bosses, teammates) where everyone is forced to do a dance number and anyone who approaches within 150 feet of the player would also be forced into the number and remain until it is finished. Anyone who has less than 80 percent of their HP would end up unconcious as they faint from the effort. But to get this going you have to combo a certain number of other moves (which can only be done in combat... dueling is not included). Otherwise you'll have dancer typs triggering Gangnam style dances all over Rencen...

Yes. I've been watching too much of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" and have played Moonwalker (Sega Genesis version). :)
    sounds fun
    i added it but might be hard to get a whole powerset out of that, a couple of dancing powers added to a voodoo or mental set might be easy
  • Options
    hitmousehitmouse Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Shapeshifting! This seems like the most unique powerset idea. I can't currently turn into an elephant and stomp around... and that just isn't right.:frown:

Force Melee! I'm thinking green lantern-esque force constructs here, with massive energy fists and Hammers. An active offense/defense that gives your toon a big armored force shell (a bit like psimon or whoever) would also be very sweet. If I can tack elemental melee on here then I vote for that too.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hitmouse wrote: »
    Shapeshifting! This seems like the most unique powerset idea. I can't currently turn into an elephant and stomp around... and that just isn't right.:frown:
    altough i added your vote, i think the best way to add shapeshifting into animals would be through become devices, it would be nice to have become devices where you could take a non-humaniod form with some attacks unique to those forms. like a octopus rapid punch or an elephant stomp
  • Options
    hitmousehitmouse Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You might be right about the become devices. The ones I've seen have been kinda lame though... become dark demon of darkness, and such. Where's mah eleyphunt gurdurnit?!

Maybe a body control powerset. With giant growth, shrinking, desolidification, density increase, and stretching.

Add a travel power that makes your toon's head inflate to a huge size, causing him to float around like a hot air balloon (humming contentedly)...and everyting else should just fall into place.:biggrin:
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Water

2. Stretching

3. Time
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    foxyperson wrote: »
    1. Water

2. Stretching

3. Time
    sorry 2 votes per person last vote doesnt count
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sounds fun
    i added it but might be hard to get a whole powerset out of that, a couple of dancing powers added to a voodoo or mental set might be easy

Well... some of them wouldn't be direct attacks, but either buffs or debuffs Kinda like what one half of a certain pair of twins does when she's not attacking with a gatling gun.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to vote...

1. Sonic - and it should be either an Energy Projector Power Set or a Technology Set (with the "limited" capabilities of the engine)

2. Shields and I'm seeing these as an extension to the Brick set.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    I'm going to vote...

1. Sonic - and it should be either an Energy Projector Power Set or a Technology Set (with the "limited" capabilities of the engine)

2. Shields and I'm seeing these as an extension to the Brick set.

Hmm.. You are a man of vision
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Gravity control
    2. Shield
    tumblr_os83d5SraI1spm248o1_540.jpg
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Hmm.. You are a man of vision

With as thick as my glasses are :cool: you'd be amazed at the things I see :tongue: