test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Takofane lockbox drop rates revealed! Working as intended?

magitek3magitek3 Posts: 150 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
So, I got some boxes and keys on Live, and proceeded to repeatedly copy characters onto the Test server and move their boxes/keys into the shared stash until I had 1000 keys and boxes. I opened them all. Counting every single item would be an enormous pain in the butt, so I'm just going to give the numbers for the loot that's actually desirable.

2782 Drifter Salvage (100% chance)
You will get, on average, 2.78 Drifter Salvage for every box you open (2, 3, 5, or 10 each)

45 3-Slot Gears (granted via a stack of openable boxes rather than directly) (4.5% chance)
On average, you will need to open 22.2 boxes (spend $20-22) to receive a 3-slot gear.

19 Transforms (1.9% chance)
19 4-Slot Gears (again, as a stack of boxes)
On average, you will need open 52.6 boxes (spend $45-53) to get one of each.

Know these numbers before deciding to buy keys. Cryptic is effectively charging $50 for a $11.50 Become device, a 4-slot item that is barely on-par with the easily-available Silver Champs gear, and a bunch of garbage that you've probably got too many stacks of already. Oh, right, and a few salvage bits so that you can buy the new (and price-boosted) stuff they've put in the Drifter shop.

It seems like the drop rate for the good stuff is much lower than it should be, considering the price. Are these drop rates working as intended?
Post edited by magitek3 on

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    magitek3 wrote: »
    a 4-slot item that is barely on-par with the easily-available Silver Champs gear

Actually depending on the item, it's better (somewhat). Take a closer look at what you got and compare.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Excelsior!

Good show sir!

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you much for the info and effort, magitek3!
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Good job. :smile:

2.78 salvage eh? Way to really increase the drop rate there dude, maybe you should change your handle to Gentleman Grinch. :eek:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The salvage drop is ****ty. Rest of the crap i don't really care, to have or to use.
    Until there's a better, cheaper way for Salvage, my credits stay in my sock.
    Piece out.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for doing this magitek3. Your efforts are appreciated.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awsome work... Now can you please get the odds to get the teleisaurous pheromones out of the new legacy device chance boxes. Please please please... Because that's really the best drop in the whole game, and now it is available to all. I was lucky enough to get one on my first try, but i did test like 30 boxes on PTS without getting any mones.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Maybe you should have tested it with 100 then...
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And to think, this is ****ing up the exchange rate. Reeeeeeeaally wish gamers would wise up and collectively learn to say NO to this stuff.

Damn it, I hate greedy publishers. This crap helped ruin TF2 for me, and now it's reached Champions Online.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    And to think, this is ****ing up the exchange rate. Reeeeeeeaally wish gamers would wise up and collectively learn to say NO to this stuff.

Damn it, I hate greedy publishers. This crap helped ruin TF2 for me, and now it's reached Champions Online.

At least you can get all the stuff in TF2 if you're patient and get lucky, or trade/craft...no ingame way to get keys yet.
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    At least you can get all the stuff in TF2 if you're patient and get lucky, or trade/craft...no ingame way to get keys yet.

No, you can get them in game by exchanging Questionite for Zen.

It's still a **** model designed around nickel and diming the player and ensuring that the in game economy is more inaccessible to those that don't pay real money. You can see this effect in the market as we speak, just look at the Q exchange rates at the moment. Of course, to make it worse, it's gotta be a gamble with bad odds.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Maybe you should have tested it with 100 then...

No **** Shermlock haha... but I didn't and the bags are opened now... so please please please

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I came here hoping to quote Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and talk about what I call the Economic Victory Strategy, where when I have the ability to buy something outright then I'll do that instead of wasting time conquering and researching things.

But I've rewritten this post about three times now and I cannot for the life of me figure out where I was going with what I was going to say.

On the bright side though, the questionite exchange rate is so messed up that I can take the 200 Zen I have banked up and make an absolute killing

(does... does it make me sound like a supervillain when I italicize killing?)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for revealing this.
    Drop rate for drifters salvage seems similar to this one from regular grab bags - as pathetic as can be Craptic's management.
    Average 2, almost 3 salvage per bag? Sorry, but obviously you guys lost your senses - 10 salvage per bag/box should be guaranteed, so person giving you money by purchasing your scam bag always get something with every purchase.

Also - scamming players with removing costumes and devices, then gating it behind not one, but two "layers" of RNG scam? You have no ethics or respect for your player base.
    Sadly, this is no longer surprising for anyone. As a company, your reputation is for a long time nonexistent.

I certainly will not waste money at this RNG idiot tax. Stuff it, Craptic.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    magitek3, thank you for crunching the numbers and going to all this effort for us!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awsome work... Now can you please get the odds to get the teleisaurous pheromones out of the new legacy device chance boxes. Please please please... Because that's really the best drop in the whole game, and now it is available to all. I was lucky enough to get one on my first try, but i did test like 30 boxes on PTS without getting any mones.

1 in 20.

From what I've heard, all items in the new Drifter Device Bags have an equal chance of dropping (and it would be...odd if it didn't work that way). There's 40 new items, and you get 2 pulls from the RNG with each one.

And thanks for the work, magitek3. That had to take forever to do. Really sucks that the Drifter Token average is so painfully low. I WANT the new devices, but I don't want to pay $8 for each pair.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are these drop rates working as intended?

Yes. Lockboxes are always designed to separate fools from their money.
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for this information Magitek3! Hopefully they don't silence you for it they way they did to Lohr :-S

Genuinely appreciated, ty ty ty!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to grab a bunch of device boxes and see what drops. After all, I got 2800 salvage at the bargain price of $900!

Or at least I would have, if I'd tried to do this on the Live server.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to grab a bunch of device boxes and see what drops. After all, I got 2800 salvage at the bargain price of $900!

Or at least I would have, if I'd tried to do this on the Live server.

I would be willing to pay for certain devices, send me a PM in-game if you want. (note: only on these forums is my name messed up, in-game it's just @agentx5)

Also there was a friend from the collective who was looking to spend 100g to get some of the old, unconverted crafting materials. Possible even more than 100g. Namesake lore stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I would be willing to pay for certain devices, send me a PM in-game if you want. (note: only on these forums is my name messed up, in-game it's just @agentx5)

Also there was a friend from the collective who was looking to spend 100g to get some of the old, unconverted crafting materials. Possible even more than 100g. Namesake lore stuff.

I'm doing this on the Test server, not live. I <3 the CO community, but not $900 worth of <3 :biggrin:
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, what's the deal with Legion Gear anyway? Does it have innate stats? I still haven't seen a Legion item in person, but someone I fought claimed they have a Legion Breastplate of Elusiveness (+ avoidance) and had slotted more dodge and avoidance within.

Still took him down with my lowly Silver Champs gear, so there's that.
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    From the item section:
    ayonachan wrote: »

Level 40 Legion Gear is as Followed:

Offense
    Offense-- 19 Defense // 68 Offense
    Piercing-- 19 Defense // 4.6 Critical Severity(around a 11% increase)
    Healing-- 19 Defense // 28% Bonus Healing
    Growth-- 19 Defense // 23 Primary Super Stat
    Precision-- 19 Defense // 95 Critical Strike

Defense
    Defense-- 39 Defense
    Agility-- 19 Defense // 139 Avoidance
    Elusiveness-- 19 Defense // 139 Dodge Chance
    Greater Health-- 19 defense // 676 Maximum Health Points
    Freedom-- 19 Defense // 46 Crowd Control Resistance

Utility
    Utility-- 19 Defense // 139 Cooldown Reduction // 139 Cost Discount
    Speed-- 19 Defense // 186 Cooldown Reduction // 93 Cost Discount
    Efficiency-- 19 Defense // 93 Cooldown Reduction // 186 Cost Discount
    Energy-- 19 Defense // 14 Maximum Energy // 93 Cooldown Reduction // 93 Cost Discount

ALL Legion Gear contain 4 Open Slots for your Mods.
    The 4 slots are broken down into:
    2 Stat Mod Slots
    2 Core Mod Slots

[Legion's Helmet of Topography] "May" exist I just haven't gotten it on pts yet.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    So, what's the deal with Legion Gear anyway? Does it have innate stats? I still haven't seen a Legion item in person, but someone I fought claimed they have a Legion Breastplate of Elusiveness (+ avoidance) and had slotted more dodge and avoidance within.

Some of the gear was on the market, you could peek at it there.
    Awsome work... Now can you please get the odds to get the teleisaurous pheromones out of the new legacy device chance boxes. Please please please... Because that's really the best drop in the whole game, and now it is available to all. I was lucky enough to get one on my first try.

Debatable, I got a [Demonic Flesh Graft] on my first try, and it is pretty sweet to have that as a device now and not taking up an equipment spot.

@OP, really nice to see some numbers, thank you.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,607 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pheromones and Necrullitic Elixir.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Debatable, I got a [Demonic Flesh Graft] on my first try, and it is pretty sweet to have that as a device now and not taking up an equipment spot.

What's debatable? That even at lv40 instead of the original lv46 the new mones are still the best drop in the game? Or that I got one on my first device box? Or something else I missed...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Debatable whether or not Pheremones are the best:tongue: ( I am sure they are, I have just been waiting for DFG a long time so it's the best to me:wink:)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ok, I bought 50 boxes and opened them. Somebob appears to be correct; I didn't get all 40 items, but I did get about 30 different things, with doubles and occasional triples spread pretty evenly.

I got three elixir and two pheromones, and decided to test them out. Looks like there's no mutual cooldowns for them. Using a second elixir resets the 5-minute duration, so you could conceivably chain them together for a nigh-permanent 200hp/second (for my level/stats). The pheromones are toggles and seem to simply stack.
  • Options
    thesithkiller360thesithkiller360 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the Numbers are Quite Interesting, I believe Cryptics has Economically succeded at finally having balance of Lottery (the Actual value of chance to get something for 11 bucks goes up around five times) and normal, as Some ppl call it "Honest" purchases. It might be pricey to take chances, but it stirs up Adrenaline, making it more fun for some ppl; Unlike gambling though, u can actually win something even if Its not the item you want- so you DO WIN something anyways.
    Very interesting, indeed.
  • Options
    dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I still have a ton of old Arms materials, I think. I might have a handful of Science and Mysticism ones, too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Debatable whether or not Pheremones are the best:tongue: ( I am sure they are, I have just been waiting for DFG a long time so it's the best to me:wink:)

Cool, now don't stop till you get 5 of them hehe...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ok, I bought 50 boxes and opened them. Somebob appears to be correct; I didn't get all 40 items, but I did get about 30 different things, with doubles and occasional triples spread pretty evenly.

I got three elixir and two pheromones, and decided to test them out. Looks like there's no mutual cooldowns for them. Using a second elixir resets the 5-minute duration, so you could conceivably chain them together for a nigh-permanent 200hp/second (for my level/stats). The pheromones are toggles and seem to simply stack.

THANK YOU FOR THE TEST AND YOUR TIME MAN!!! Now who would like to donate a dollar to the "Get Kroll 6 Mones Foundation"? We will do important charity work with your donations... only 4 more to go, be a part of history hehe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just glad that there are actual rewards in every bag you open. 25 same rank 5 mods or 5 rank 6 or 7s? Thank you.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow good job sir! :3
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's still better than the old Star Trek Online Cardassian and Ferengi lock boxes. The drop rate for the Galor and D'Kora was 0.5-0.65% in a green-quality drop.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for your time testing the boxes, magitek3.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,094 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had some excess stipend laying around, so I purchased 20 keys. Another forumite donated "a few":rolleyes: boxes. Results as follows:

1 25 R3 mods/1 hr XP boost/ 2 salvage
    2 25 R4 mods/Favor of Champions/2 salvage
    3 25 R4 mods/Favor of Champions/2 salvage
    4 25 R5 mods/ 2 salvage
    5 25 R3 mods/ Resource Boost/ 5 salvage
    6 25 R3 mods/1 hr XP boost/2 salvage
    7 25 R4 mods/Favor of Champions/ 2 salvage
    8 25 R5 mods/ 2 salvage
    9 25 R4 mods/Favor of Champions/ 2 salvage
    10 25 R3 mods/1 hr XP boost/ 2 salvage
    11 25 R3 mods/ Resource boost/ 3 salvage
    12 25 R3 mods/1 hr XP boost/ 2 salvage
    13 25 R5 mods/ 2 salvage
    14 25 R5 mods/ 5 salvage
    15 25 R3 mods/ Resource boost/ 2 salvage
    16 25 R3 mods/ Resource boost/ 10 salvage
    17 25 R5 mods/2 salvage
    18 25 R4 mods/ 1 hr XP boost/ 2 salvage
    19 25 R3 mods/ 1 hr XP boost/ 3 salvage
    20 25 R5 mods/ 2 salvage

Added up to 56 salvage. So, I purchased a Legacy device kit. It contained 1 Alien Crystal and 1 Mutagenic Infection.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    magitek3

As many have stated, thank you very much for the effort of getting these numbers together.

It sucks when a game developer wants to base their primary source of revenue around gambling for digital goods, but can't even be bothered to post the odds to get the stuff people are gambling for.

PS: I've always held Cryptic as a shining example of what to do right as far as cash shops are concerned in every other game forum I go--right up to about a week or two ago when I learned that they had added these lockboxes to the game (and learned it from another poster in TSW's forum after I defended Cryptic from one of the typical attacks that comes up in other game boards). I've even defend the idea of so called "pay-to-win" on the basis that I don't have an issue with people paying to get the best loot available rather than grind for it if that is what they choose to do with their money--so long as they sell for a reasonable price and that there are viable ways to get them in-game. But not like this and I will defend Cryptic never again.

Getting a specific item you want from a shop is fine by me. But having to blow potenially $45+ GAMBLING to see IF you get the item you want is something I do NOT and will not support. I have less and less faith every day on this company.

/rageoff :tongue:
    magitek3

PS: I've always held Cryptic as a shining example of what to do right as far as cash shops are concerned in every other game forum I go--right up to about a week or two ago when I learned that they had added these lockboxes to the game (and learned it from another poster in TSW's forum after I defended Cryptic from one of the typical attacks that comes up in other game boards). I've even defend the idea of so called "pay-to-win" on the basis that I don't have an issue with people paying to get the best loot available rather than grind for it if that is what they choose to do with their money--so long as they sell for a reasonable price and that there are viable ways to get them in-game. But not like this and I will defend Cryptic never again.

Getting a specific item you want from a shop is fine by me. But having to blow potenially $45+ GAMBLING to see IF you get the item you want is something I do NOT and will not support. I have less and less faith every day on this company.

To me, there is one redeeming side for Cryptic and that is they don't bind the items in the box. So if someone else wants to spend real money, they can at least sell the item to me for game money. Eventualy I will have legion gear. Eventually I will have level 9 mods. Eventually I will have whatever shiny is in the next lock box. And I'm not going to pay real money for it. So, in my opinion, Cryptic could have done worse. I wish they'd done better, but they could have done worse.

What saddens me is that Trail Turtle in one post, I think in response to one of arikami's actually, said that they considered the nighthawk bags a test of non-random. Clearly missing the fact that grab bags are still random. Buying a costume set is non-random. Buying a become device is non-random. Buying a grab bag that may or may not have costumes and becomes is random. Whether you buy the bag or buy the key it is still random. I am worried that the devs and even Trail Turtle didn't understand this simple difference.

I have and will buy costumes and I have and will buy devices. I am not buying keys. And I am not buying random grab bags.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I posted this in the similar thread in the General Gameplay subforum.

Just did a series of 100 Tako boxes myself on the PTS with the following results:

Drifter salvage - 236
    Crafting skill ups - 8
    Recovery 4-pack - 1
    XP boost - 22
    Team XP boost - 17
    Resource boost - 15
    25 x lvl 3 mods - 46
    25 x lvl 4 mods - 15
    25 x lvl 5 mods - 17
    5 x lvl 6 mods - 16
    5 x lvl 7 mods - 4 (all from boxes)
    Mercenary gear - 3
    Legion gear - 6 (from 3 blue boxes and one purple box)
    Become device - Ghost x2, Mummy x1, Doomlord x1

As expected, the 10-box runs were quite variable, with a couple awarding only lvl 3 mods and some resource boosters and one run awarding one purple gear box, two become devices (one Doomlord) and two green gear boxes.

RNG seems to be working as intended on PTS.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    magitek3

As many have stated, thank you very much for the effort of getting these numbers together.

It sucks when a game developer wants to base their primary source of revenue around gambling for digital goods, but can't even be bothered to post the odds to get the stuff people are gambling for.

Honestly, for as much as I disliked them, CoH's super packs were the right way to do stuff like this.

If you want them. BUY THEM. Or have some equivalent way of getting them via points for vets/golds/whatever. But dropping them as random-crap salvage and then making people buy keys to open them? Dirty pool old man.

Bad!

DUMB!
  • Options
    auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »

Agreed.

The difference with TF2 though is that they quickly introduced ways to get things that you wanted from MannCo crates from other players, so you could figure something out. And before that, they didn't really have a system in place for things like this.

Whereas in CO, there was already an in-place system, the Z-Store. That system is still there to be experienced by new players. As the novelty wears off, they'll use the Z-Store more, and start asking difficult questions - like why the stuff in lockboxes can't be obtained in any other ways.

This, I think, will lead to some kind of exclusivity system. Where we have stuff in lockboxes for a month, then it turns up on the store a month later at a premium.
  • Options
    haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two predictions:

1) gambling items in CO will continue to be offered. Why? Because people look at the odds, and say, "I could get lucky!"

2) the devs will figure out a way to make it so lock-boxes or keys will not be transferred to the PTS.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    haleakala wrote: »
    Two predictions:

1) gambling items in CO will continue to be offered. Why? Because people look at the odds, and say, "I could get lucky!"

2) the devs will figure out a way to make it so lock-boxes or keys will not be transferred to the PTS.

Number one is a given. Number two is extremely likely.

Both are unfortunate.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For what its worth just done a run of 1000 caches on test to add to this thread, here are the results

25 rank 3 mods plus xp boost : 123 (12.3%)
    25 rank 3 mods plus resource boost : 103 (10.3%)
    25 rank 3 mods plus grp xp buff : 111 (11.1%)
    25 rank 3 mods plus skillup : 104 (10.4%)
    25 rank 4 mods plus xp boost : 66 (6.6%)
    25 rank 4 mods plus resource boost : 67 (6.7%)
    25 rank 4 mods plus grp xp buff : 60 (6%)
    25 rank 4 mods plus skillup : 59 (5.9%)
    25 rank 5 mods : 161 (16.1%)
    5 rank 6 mods : 99 (9.9%)
    green lockbox : 32 (3.2%)
    blue lockbox + become (ghost/frank/mummy) : 12 (1.2%)
    purple lockbox plus become (doomlord) : 3 (0.3%)

green box gave
    5 rank 6 mods plus mercenery gear : 21
    5 rank 7 mods plus mercenary gear : 11

blue box gave
    5 rank 6 mods plus legion gear : 7
    5 rank 7 mods plus legion gear : 5

purple boxes all gave 5 rank 7 mods plus 3 pieces of legion gear

conclusions
    47 total gear boxes (4.7%)
    15 total becomes (1.5%)
    21 total pieces of legion gear (2.1%)
    2800 total salvage (2.8 per cache average)
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    haleakala wrote: »
    Two predictions:

Again. I don't mind that stuff like this gets offered.

But when you're essentially dropping items in game and THEN telling people they can't use them until they pay real money?

That's cowpatties right there.

Drop salvage in the game should never be "pay real money to actually use" crap.
    If people want to pay real money for grab bags of stuff, put the grab bags in the cash shop.
  • Options
    realsorceryrealsorcery Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is it possible to make the boost items tradeable? I want the gear for my 40's but the exp boosts and such become useless for them and I can't even send it to my low level alts. :/
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is it possible to make the boost items tradeable? I want the gear for my 40's but the exp boosts and such become useless for them and I can't even send it to my low level alts. :/

The regular xp boosts are transferable/tradeable - only the favor of the champions xp boost is bound.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    The regular xp boosts are transferable/tradeable - only the favor of the champions xp boost is bound.
    I didn't know the gear was bound either and now I have FotC XP Boosts on an L40 toon I would love to give to my lowbies... :rolleyes:

Has there been any reasoning as to why this is?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Reasoning= They have no fudging idea what the heck the stuff they are putting in the boxes are and what it does. They just need crap to fill the RNG.