test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120913.19 PTS Update

1235»

Comments

• sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't see this as narrowing, you had to build for crits regardless, you still get 30% or so crit chance with crit strike gear and specs, no dex at all. At least this makes CON a less obvious pick (Nimble Mind still scales off con instead of rec, so nope, still a super obvious pick). As for AoPM, I think anyone who wants AoPM nerfed just wants its effectiveness reduced, I mean look at the numbers, rather strong, it hits the soft cap on just about everything. I've heard Gentleman_Crush's thoughts on what it should perhaps do, and they are far more severe.

This has always been that way, again, Crit Strike and Dodge/Avoid have been the only viable options, we've bitched, moaned, and complained about it since On Alert, nothing is new here.

There were a few builds that old Imbue enabled that aren't going to work as well now without crit strike or dex.

My elec guy was a Gigabolt spiker with no crit stuff other than Imbue. Used Int (End/con/int superstats) and cooldown redux gear along with Primal Sigils. That isn't going to work now.

If I actually cared enough at this point to want to use an alt, I'd have to completely retool him to crit strike, and I'd still be better off just wiping his build and starting over.
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Prior to the Imbue change, you could count on using it for a critical every 20 seconds or so, so +critical gear was unnecessary. I typically used a +Superstat core for that type of build.

This. ^

If you were using something that was already limited by a cooldown (like Gigabolt full-charge), Imbue was a way to compress the damage potential of several seconds into one blast. If you filled the gap with other thing that didn't benefit from crits (like, say, Primal sigils), it worked pretty well.

But at this point, Gigabolt spike really isn't worth it anymore without heavy crit investment. At which point, you'd be better off using something that delivers more hits faster (like Lightning Storm). Yay, build diversity!

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

Reproduction:

Power:
    -Spirit Reverb

Fear Application:
    -Void Shift(Emerging Nightmares)
    -Shadow Shroud(Terrifying Visage)

Dimensional Damage Powers:
    -Summon Shadows
    -Burning Chi Fist(Fists of Righteous Flame)
    -One Hundred Hands(Ghostly Strikes)
    -Ebon Ruin
    -Shadow Embrace
    -Dragon Uppercut*(Chi Flame)

*Dragon Uppercut: Chi Flame: Description says, "Fuly charging your Leaping Uppercut..."

[10:42] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #28,999.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    BUG: Fresh copy of my character from Live, unable to swap builds

Since I primarily use build swapping as a quick costume change, this isn't a major deal to me, but otherwise, every time I keep trying to swap my builds on test server I keep getting an error saying that I can't swap my builds for 0 seconds. Build swapping isn't on cool down or anything, and I haven't swapped builds at all on test.

Edit:

In further testing, it looks like this bug won't let me swap costumes either. That is going to be annoying.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bug: Cannot change costumes beyond the 8th costume slot.
    EDIT: This bug could be related to our lack of Zen store and so our costume slots are locked from being only able to use our base costumes + vet reward costumes, for me thats 8, further testing is required.
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow, excellent point. I just tested and verified that. Cooldown bonuses (including Int, Mods, and Revitalize) seem to no longer have affect on any devices at all on PTS.

I hope this is unintended, as it's a huge change. I think players should expect full respecs on all toons and the ability to freely swap out +Cooldown mods on all toons if this goes through.

Okay...well, I need others to verify this now, as I wasn't seeing any change on one of my copied chars.

I see from Live, to PTS, the same char with the same cooldown on a couple of bloodmoon items.

Hope it isn't the binding of the Backups doing it, or something. But overall it bears further investigation...
    edited October 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    Okay...well, I need others to verify this now, as I wasn't seeing any change on one of my copied chars.

I see from Live, to PTS, the same char with the same cooldown on a couple of bloodmoon items.

Hope it isn't the binding of the Backups doing it, or something. But overall it bears further investigation...

Umm, CDR didn't work on devices to begin with.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited October 2012
    Bug: Turakian Deathlord's loot table has not been updated.
    Its halloween but we're not using Halloween Bloodmoon?
    EDIT: Bug: ALL the Bloodmoon bosses need updated loot tables.
    Jeez Cryptic, is it that hard to update an event?
    edited October 2012

With gear, no, but with Int and Revitalize it did.
    edited October 2012
    With gear, no, but with Int and Revitalize it did.

Well then sounds like a bug fix that should have happened way back when.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited October 2012

Yes it does. Easily proven by un-equip/re=equip. And base of most or all bloodmoon items is 3 minutes, btw. Definitely have it lower than that via INT and CDR gear.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Try using the devices and see what the actual cooldown is. The timer on the tooltip is no longer accurate.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited October 2012
    Yes it does. Easily proven by un-equip/re=equip. And base of most or all bloodmoon items is 3 minutes, btw. Definitely have it lower than that via INT and CDR gear.

Easily proven false by actually using the item. The time listed is inaccurately being reported as declining which I know it doesn't because my heroic elixir, even though it still says it has a 16 minute CD takes 30 minutes on CD, and I know my Will of the Tiger Cut still takes a minute to recharge despite having a 33 second CD according to the tooltip.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited October 2012
    Well then sounds like a bug fix that should have happened way back when.

Couldn't possibly disagree more.
    edited October 2012
    Easily proven false by actually using the item. The time listed is inaccurately being reported as declining which I know it doesn't because my heroic elixir, even though it still says it has a 16 minute CD takes 30 minutes on CD, and I know my Will of the Tiger Cut still takes a minute to recharge despite having a 33 second CD according to the tooltip.
    Try using the devices and see what the actual cooldown is. The timer on the tooltip is no longer accurate.

Arrrrrrrrggggggh.

So I see. :(
    edited October 2012
    Not seeing any difference between activations on Live and PTS, real value. A Nimbus pops and shows 3m and drops to 2 immediately (when they get to 2:59) the same between Live and PTS.

I have plenty of INT.

So yeah, I can't say when it happened but I believe I'm seeing longer times than...not long ago. It snuck in somewhere. I think.

Great.

*long sigh*

So where's a thread I can necro asking them to make the device tooltips accurate, one way or another? :rolleyes:
    edited October 2012
    Not seeing any difference between activations on Live and PTS, real value. A Nimbus pops and shows 3m and drops to 2 immediately (when they get to 2:59) the same between Live and PTS.

I have plenty of INT.

So yeah, I can't say when it happened but I believe I'm seeing longer times than...not long ago. It snuck in somewhere. I think.

Great.

*long sigh*

So where's a thread I can necro asking them to make the device tooltips accurate, one way or another? :rolleyes:

Actually that change was long ago. The tooltips just never update properly for devices. Never have really.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited October 2012
    Also, in closing...

YOU ALWAYS LIE TO ME, CRYPTIC! *screams, runs to room, slams, locks, refuses to open, sobs*

:wink:
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Aura of Primal Majesty should boost non-superstats only.

I dont know if their tech can do this for players under level 15.. but it is obvious that the combat is more stat driven in this game than it was at launch. To continue in this "AoPM is not unbalanced" bubble is a new players game. Any look back at the history of the game will show you the original intetion of the power was to be "well rounded" not "completely overpowered".

There was a time when everything did not scale with superstats.. and thus having a passive boost all stats was not unreasonable. However, those days are long gone. To think that the passive shouldn't change its function to fit the current state of the game is simply irresponsible game mastering.

- -
    Who will this really affect?
    The people who use AoPM in hybrid mode with concentration toggle are amongst those who don't want this necessary nerf to happen. In my experience these are also the PvP concept-less builds who roflstomp the hero games. For this reason, alone I hope to see the devs remove their edge. It's not the end of the world to have competitive gameplay return and making some of these hilariously OP builds competitive again with concept players.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,172 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    Some clarification since some folks seem to be confused.
    Tested today:

Devices with a linked cooldown are ignoring all forms of cooldown reduction (int and gear) as well as revitalize. There is a tooltip readout error however, and the device description will claim it's taking cd redux into account, but will not actually be usable until it's normal time runs up.
    Examples of linked cooldown devices include all Bloodmoon devices, heroic resonance, and potions.

Devices (and upgrade clicks) that do not have a linked cooldown are obeying all forms of cooldown reduction.
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    seems to me that they are only adding that shared cooldown cuase of the revitalize players: and looking at revitalize if says reduces cooldowns of all your currently charging ABILITIES

devices are not abilities

thus in short: the shared cooldown is only being added becuase of a bug on the Spec.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Aura of Primal Majesty should boost non-superstats only.

I've been saying this forever... It just plain should never have boosted superstats in the first place. The whole point of a "jack of all trades" passive is that you are a master of none.

"Jack of all trades, master of none."

Not.

"Jack of all trades, master of any one of them that you want to be."

Snark never dies.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    crosnight wrote: »
    seems to me that they are only adding that shared cooldown cuase of the revitalize players: and looking at revitalize if says reduces cooldowns of all your currently charging ABILITIES

devices are not abilities

thus in short: the shared cooldown is only being added becuase of a bug on the Spec.

Like was said quite a few times now, the devices are severely overpowered.

The average backup device does about 150k damage, since there are 6 of those you can have an output of 900k in 15 seconds, by one player. So now imagine the event returning, and that not being changed, and a lot of people getting all 6, it would be possible to do 9M damage in 15 seconds in the rampage alerts, that is 3 times more health then grav has.
    Yes this is all 'if and when', but waiting for that to actually happen and then start nerfing them will be worse for everyone then doing it now. And besides, even now one person with the full set would break any fight, doing 900k (or even 150k) of additional damage per player in 15 seconds is just never going to work with the existing content, no matter the cooldown.

This has all been talked over for multiple pages in this thread.
    edited October 2012
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Some clarification since some folks seem to be confused.
    Tested today:

Devices with a linked cooldown are ignoring all forms of cooldown reduction (int and gear) as well as revitalize. There is a tooltip readout error however, and the device description will claim it's taking cd redux into account, but will not actually be usable until it's normal time runs up.
    Examples of linked cooldown devices include all Bloodmoon devices, heroic resonance, and potions.

Devices (and upgrade clicks) that do not have a linked cooldown are obeying all forms of cooldown reduction.

Thank you - wasn't aware of the distinction.

Thanks also to championshewolf and quasimojo1 for their clarification/correction, by the way.

I know it's been stated that it's been like this, but I honestly can't say ye or nay either way at this point. All I know is my bloodmoon items/potions have the same cooldown between Live and PTS as of this morning. So I personally can't blame the Backups nerf.

I also think it's kinda lame some do, and some don't. Obviously the 'shared cooldown tag' prevents the effects of cooldown from effecting a device once it's applied to a device.

So what is the bug, here, dev-folk? Are all devices supposed to be affected by cooldown or are they all not supposed to be?
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There were no issues no complains of devices cooldown or no cooldown or whatever. The problem came about because the backup devices are doing an excessive amount of damage.

I am lobbying for them to have the separate cooldown and revitalise cooldown in place. However have the damage reduced 10 folds. We may also wish to lower their cooldown duration to say 3 minutes. At this duration, Revitalise cannot further reduce this below the limit of 30 seconds while all non-revitalise users can also have more usage of the devices.

Revenant of Fireflight is a blue device from bloodmoon and it summons a level 46 Fireflight for Level 40.

The purple device cannot be any lower level than this Bloodmoon device.

The Revenant of Fireflight has a 20 seconds duration and a 3 minute cooldown.

However, I do not believe that even if the Fireflight summoned was a level 60, it will be doing damage of the same magnitude as the backup devices.

The damage nerf and reduced cooldown duration also make these devices useful in more normal content.

Devs, please consider this option as a nerf for the sake of all the people who have spent time, resources and even zen in order to obtain these devices and bound them to a toon.
    edited October 2012
    aiqa wrote: »
    Like was said quite a few times now, the devices are severely overpowered.

The average backup device does about 150k damage, since there are 6 of those you can have an output of 900k in 15 seconds, by one player. So now imagine the event returning, and that not being changed, and a lot of people getting all 6, it would be possible to do 9M damage in 15 seconds in the rampage alerts, that is 3 times more health then grav has.
    Yes this is all 'if and when', but waiting for that to actually happen and then start nerfing them will be worse for everyone then doing it now. And besides, even now one person with the full set would break any fight, doing 900k (or even 150k) of additional damage per player in 15 seconds is just never going to work with the existing content, no matter the cooldown.

This has all been talked over for multiple pages in this thread.

I am not sure if it is possible to have all 6 out at the same time given that you only have 5 device slots. Are you able to verify this?
    edited October 2012
    I am not sure if it is possible to have all 6 out at the same time given that you only have 5 device slots. Are you able to verify this?

Yes, you can swap items you know.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited October 2012

Yup exactly, the champions do not leave before their 15 seconds run out.
    edited October 2012

I am fully aware you can swap items, but I have not tried if swapping the backup out will dismiss the summon straight away. So unless you have tried it personally.
  • nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We will be performing maintenance on PTS in roughly 10 minutes.
    The build being pushed will contain the following set bug fixes which are scheduled to appear on Live tomorrow:

Missions:
    -Whiteout: Doors now properly allow players to progress as a team.
    -Perfect Prey : Ambush Spawns correctly spawn and attack players.
    -RP Instance: WCOC is correctly set to be a static instance.
    -Resistance: Fixed issue that would cause rewards to only be granted to team leaders.
    -Whitehout: Fixed issue that would prevent an entire team from being map moved when accessing door in Bunker #1

Items:
    -Smoke Grenade is not being consumed when completing "Perfect Prey" mission.
    -"Backup Devices" now have a shared 30 Minute Cooldown
    -Restored players' missing lore items
    -Fixed costume item reward in Hi-Pan to now grant appropriate helmet piece

Content/Critters:
    -Dark Witchcraft should not summon excessive numbers of rifts.
    -Shadow Destroyer (nemcon) should shift dimensions properly now.

Powers:
    -Gadgeteering: Sonic Device: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders
    -Toxic Nanites: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders
    -Miniaturization Drive: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders

PvP:
    -Justicar doesn?t have a second Passive in pvp now. He matches Dread Metal

Skills:
    -Fixed issue where players were unable to raise skill cap despite having met requirements
    edited October 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »

PvP:
    -Justicar doesn?t have a second Passive in pvp now. He matches Dread Metal

Amazing! Can you fix the immune turrets now?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We will be performing maintenance on PTS in roughly 10 minutes.
    The build being pushed will contain the following set bug fixes which are scheduled to appear on Live tomorrow...
    Nice collection of bug fixes, guys. Thanks!
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Powers:
    -Gadgeteering: Sonic Device: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders
    -Toxic Nanites: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders
    -Miniaturization Drive: This power is no longer consumed by Energy Builders

And the advantaged Sonic Blaster On-Next-Hit gimmick build breaths its last death rattle, a set of synergies that never were breaking anything and causing no problems to begin with.

Whatever, I'm all about the kickback based PA build these days anyway. Until they kill that, because we're not allowed to have fun things.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited October 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    And the advantaged Sonic Blaster On-Next-Hit gimmick build breaths its last death rattle, a set of synergies that never were breaking anything and causing no problems to begin with.

*clueless* Sonic Blaster Gimmick build?
    edited October 2012
    *clueless* Sonic Blaster Gimmick build?

Once upon a time, you could advantage Sonic Blaster, making it a three target cone, and then pile on next hits onto it. I ran into this trying to make a character based after King Edgar from Final Fantasy 6.

This was a very different game at the time, though. You could use multiple ONHs on a single power at once, they did full damage in AoE, energy management was a different beast completely, Chainsaw did better damage relative to other powers making it a great choice for primary damage... The build, or perhaps set of synergies is a better word, is less than impressive by todays standards, but it was fun and that's what mattered.

Now it's dead.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • somethingwitty94somethingwitty94 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Whatever, I'm all about the kickback based PA build these days anyway. Until they kill that, because we're not allowed to have fun things.

You astound me.
    edited October 2012

Good, there were tons of people who asked for this change because it messed with their concept, welcome to real life, your concept needed to die for the sake of others :tongue:
    edited October 2012
    You astound me.

There is nothing he can't complain about.
    edited October 2012
    Good, there were tons of people who asked for this change because it messed with their conxcept, welcome to real life, your concept needed to die for the sake of others :tongue:

Hah, are you kidding me? This build has been dead for ages. They just keep hitting it again and again, it reminds me of the relationship the Nomads and Midgets have in Borderlands 2, which is to say "whipping toy." There's a reason I deleted the character and never bothered to remake him. I guess a Clockwork Punk Timelord-ish character just isn't meant for this world.

Regardless of whatever, it doesn't change the fact that breaking an interesting synergy within the set the powers originate from is absurd. It would be similar to if they made Ionic Reverb work off a completely different mechanic because it doesn't gel well with other sets.
    There is nothing he can't complain about.

It's been since On Alert since the game has seen any bulk of content that doesn't one shot players in some manner. Prior to on alert, if you want to talk about compelling content. Everyone viewed On Alert during its beta as a quick arcade action type thing, but it's becoming the main attraction at a very rapid rate.

Keep your mention of Hi-Pan to yourself, one alert isn't changing anything: Even Warlord can one shot under the right circumstances, which makes it a pugging nightmare when you end up having to either let yourself die or solo the boss because people wanted to stand behind you while you had agro.

Meanwhile, they're nerfing or reworking stuff into a pale image of itself right and left, nerfed the hell out of melee, something I severely enjoy, and making me wonder why we're having a repeat of something I was glad to see come to an end years ago.

There's lots to complain about, but I wouldn't expect you to have any frame of reference for this.

edited October 2012
    Hah, are you kidding me? This build has been dead for ages. They just keep hitting it again and again, it reminds me of the relationship the Nomads and Midgets have in Borderlands 2, which is to say "whipping toy." There's a reason I deleted the character and never bothered to remake him. I guess a Clockwork Punk Timelord-ish character just isn't meant for this world.
    Then why bother bringing it up?
    Regardless of whatever, it doesn't change the fact that breaking an interesting synergy within the set the powers originate from is absurd. It would be similar to if they made Ionic Reverb work off a completely different mechanic because it doesn't gel well with other sets.
    A useless synergy, you can always find novice in bugs/overpoweredsystems/inconveiances to the majority. This isn't even something to complain about...why even bring this up again?
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Items:
    -"Backup Devices" now have a shared 30 Minute Cooldown

So...

Backup Devices will have shared cool down time. 30mins.
    If you equipped 5 and use one, remaining 4 can't be used till 1st one finish recharge...

I understand you needed some kind of fix to this OP device, bust not few of us have already equipped several of them on one toon. And as those are bound, if someone have already equipped 5 backups, remaining 4 will be just useless scrap...

Please fix this not "bound" but "Tradeable" or "Bind on Account" like vehicle devices at least.

Plz care about huge resource and time we spent to get those super rare Devices. This is terrible fix for some of us.
    edited October 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Plz care about huge resource and time we spent to get those super rare Devices. This is terrible fix for some of us.

Apparently it falls under the 'Lesser of Evils' clause, if you will. Unfortunately. :-(
    edited October 2012
    Then why bother bringing it up?

Because it's disgusting disregard. Even during some of the older changes, a few people came forward and asked them to preserve the functionality as a specifically gadgeteering based thing. We got ignored.

I'd also like to, one day, bring the character back. He was stupidly fun to play, despite his build being all kinds of lopsided (think about trying to make Gadgeteering and Single Blade work together pre-Free For All), and if they didn't completely butcher the functionality he'd actually be a solid character in the system we have now. Now this will never happen.

You talk about "inconvenience." This kind of **** makes people outright quit the game when it happens to one of their main characters.
    A useless synergy, you can always find novice in bugs/overpoweredsystems/inconveiances to the majority. This isn't even something to complain about...why even bring this up again?

First off, it wasn't useless.

Second, by todays standards, it would be balanced if not underperforming.

You're still not getting it, or are being intentionally ignorant: It was a fun and functional synergy that they've killed, and as if that wasn't bad enough, they did it for absolutely no benefit to the set it was in. Gadgeteering to this day is STILL a badly lopsided set people mostly use to cherry pick from.

So enjoy tossing your sonic device attached chunk of pavement, I guess.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Personally, I like the change to the On-Hit powers. Why?

One reason I didn't consider them as much was the thought of, "I'd have to make sure my EB power is off so I don't waste the On-Hit with that instead of an actual power." Granted, I do know now some good energy management tricks, but even then I have some toons that I would have the EB on just in case.

This change makes me more likely to consider taking an On-Hit power.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, so I have a question to those that have tested the new Telepathy powers.

Is there a "direct" method of doing damage? Meaning no DoT, just straight up damage, like a maintain or a big hit power? AoE/ST...
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    silviumc wrote: »

Is there a "direct" method of doing damage? Meaning no DoT, just straight up damage, like a maintain or a big hit power? AoE/ST...

There are plenty of Ranged Ego Damage powers.. There is still the Ego Form to support all of those powers.

The DoT/Consume playstyle is new and imho very appropriate for a telepath. Works slower but seeps in. (While they are still encouraged to hold and/or heal)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    silviumc wrote: »

Mind Break is direct tap damage. But it can benefit alot from DoT's, basically acts as a psychic detonator, your fuel is DoT Stacks and your detonator is Mind Break. More Stacks = more powerful explosion. >:3

But without DoT, Mind Break is direct charge and fire damage, a bit like Ego Storm but the animation (if they keep the three pronged arc) will be WAY cooler than Ego Blast.
  • silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mind Break is direct tap damage. But it can benefit alot from DoT's, basically acts as a psychic detonator, your fuel is DoT Stacks and your detonator is Mind Break. More Stacks = more powerful explosion. >:3

But without DoT, Mind Break is direct charge and fire damage, a bit like Ego Storm but the animation (if they keep the three pronged arc) will be WAY cooler than Ego Blast.
    gamehobo wrote: »
    There are plenty of Ranged Ego Damage powers.. There is still the Ego Form to support all of those powers.

The DoT/Consume playstyle is new and imho very appropriate for a telepath. Works slower but seeps in. (While they are still encouraged to hold and/or heal)

Sounds interesting! Can't wait for the new powers to hit Live!
    Thanks for the info! :biggrin:
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They aren't going to renerf the damage of the Back Ups simply because they recently buffed their damage. No matter how much it needs it.

Going back to undo an effect that they had broke themselves would be considered a waste of Dev time. The only way they are allowed to go back and change a feature again is to change it into a completely different thing.

Simply put, we aren't going to get the damage nerf of the Back Ups. (Unless they decide to keep the stupid shared cooldown at 30 minutes on top of it.)
    edited October 2012
    They aren't going to renerf the damage of the Back Ups simply because they recently buffed their damage. No matter how much it needs it.

Going back to undo an effect that they had broke themselves would be considered a waste of Dev time. The only way they are allowed to go back and change a feature again is to change it into a completely different thing.

Simply put, we aren't going to get the damage nerf of the Back Ups. (Unless they decide to keep the stupid shared cooldown at 30 minutes on top of it.)

Yes, it seems so.

Fun with the numbers again.
    The hardest hitting device I have is Ironclad, he does 200K.
    So now the event resumes, and everyone gets one that does damage like that (I believe Kinetik does even more against single targets?).
    Then people start using them in rampage alerts or future raids, so now we have potentially 10x200000=2M damage in the first 15 seconds.....
    That is not in the 'unbalanced' range, it is still breaking the game, a damage nerf is needed, please do that asap, it will only cause more grief later on.

For the cooldowns I would prefer a not completely shared cooldown, adding 10minutes to the other devices and 30 to the one being used would be a nice balance.