test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play With The Devs Tomorrow!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Several devs from the Champions team will be on PTS tomorrow (September 20) between 5 PM and 6 PM PDT, ready to join forces with players against certain Mega-sized robots. PTS' version of Millennium City needs heroes too, so if you've got PTS access, make sure to transfer your character over and help playtest. Gentleman Crush and the gang might be devs, but even they'll need help against this enemy.

In addition, this will be your first look at the anniversary gifts we've been hinting at. Veteran players who've been long-time supporters of Champions will be getting nice rewards, almost all of them exclusive to this giveaway. Veterans, if you jump onto PTS tomorrow, you'll be able to try out your rewards before they hit the live servers.

Blog post here...
... and PTS transfer here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :biggrin:

Will be there, senior.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OMG yes :biggrin:

Defo wanna see Crushy and the Gang of Devs in action xD

I'll be doing what I can with my very weird telepathy build xD...oh wait..will they be available?
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    veteran rewards? ooooo
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How are characters transfered?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Link in the 1st post.

http://co.perfectworld.com/community/pts

ummm...Today is, as wednesday 19th, thursday is 20th.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Clearly I need to properly wake up.

Thanks much for letting me off easy. :D
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    NO! NO!! NO!!! Why am I in GMT+8, it is always working hours for me when the devs go on to PTS.

*sulks*

*contemplates*

*touches forehead*

wait, is it feeling a little warm? Kinda woozy, maybe need to see a physician.

*snaps back to reality*

Need to work to pay for Zens.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Clearly I need to properly wake up.

Thanks much for letting me off easy. :D

Well, no, I added that link after the fact... :/
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Wait a sec, it's 6:30 PDT on the 19th...

Did...This already occur? :confused:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It says...'tomorrow' written today...so the date is wrong??
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gah... but I have things to do tomorrow <;_;> (Seriously, I'm rarely busy, but tomorrow is already spoken for)

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It says...'tomorrow' written today...so the date is wrong??

Date is wrong.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dang, I have being silver... :frown::frown::frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm gonna do this one one of the 2 40s I actually use on live, transferred directly as she is. Seems like that's the best balance test possible, for me.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    kittenofpixelskittenofpixels Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Agfdgg. Nooo. I work tomorrow at that tiiime. crap.

As far as veteran, how far vet are we talking about? I've been around since open beta and the first three months, but since then i've been between jobs and could only champs for intermittent periods. Nowadays i got something stable, and can afford this (and will be loooking at lifetime when i can absorb the cost. I mean i've got the mini-mega destroid, but is this vet stuff something i should worry about or is it for the elevenhundred day folks?
    @Pixel_Kitty in-game, old player trying out the new system.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Probably getting our rewards based on what we unlocked with the old stuff. So maybe it will show the new stuff as unlocked if we already unlocked the old version of that equivalent.

Before I forget:

Would someone be so kind as to record this get together just to see how many deaths may occur and by what builds? I would but by far this is the biggest lag I have ever seen on PTS and that's just me running around with all they mobs. My computer couldn't take it.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay, a few questions if i may.

1. Does this mean we have to use PTS if we want our rewards in live too? I'm a little confused by that whole thing. And each time i tried the bots was all alone :(

2. When is 5-6pm pdt, in GMT+10 time?
  • Options
    azzamacazaazzamacaza Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    2. When is 5-6pm pdt, in GMT+10 time?

10:00 am the following morning. I'd be there, but I'll be busy.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So in the UK...it'll be... Midnight till 1? or 1-2am?

Since Germany seems to have the same time like in UK right now, it will be for me the same time.

Another event i miss again...

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Play with the Devs today 5-6p? Hmm... I don't normally get home from work until about 5:30-6p... Oh well, next time. :smile:

New/additional vet rewards, eh? Huh. Groovy. I'll be curious to see what I qualify for (being a 526-day vet)...

So testing tonight, and what... This goes Live tomorrow?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Play with the Devs today 5-6p? Hmm... I don't normally get home from work until about 5:30-6p... Oh well, next time. :smile:

New/additional vet rewards, eh? Huh. Groovy. I'll be curious to see what I qualify for (being a 526-day vet)...

So testing tonight, and what... This goes Live tomorrow?

on pts what i got out of my "1 year tier" chest box was:

-special edition AF: hawkwing interceptor
    -special edition AF: Nighthawk
    -grab bag 3 pack, which includes a drifter, mountain, and halloween grabbags
    -the titles "The Courageous" and "The Undeterred"

..no sign of vanity pets *is still looking around the city
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know what titles I got I didn't look. But 2 year chest, I got afs for all three jet,s nighthawk, a box that gave me the halloween, rock and harmon grab bags, and 3 heirloom primary items and something else I can't remember.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I wonder if you will only be able to claim the bags when it goes live, and you can't get the ones from later on.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    on pts what i got out of my "1 year tier" chest box was:

-special edition AF: hawkwing interceptor
    -special edition AF: Nighthawk
    -grab bag 3 pack, which includes a drifter, mountain, and halloween grabbags
    -the titles "The Courageous" and "The Undeterred"

..no sign of vanity pets *is still looking around the city
    That sounds like some neat stuff. Thanks for posting! Did you get that box for each of your toons, or just get to claim it once?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    That sounds like some neat stuff. Thanks for posting! Did you get that box for each of your toons, or just get to claim it once?

i would need to log back in and check..
    ther needs to be a 1.5 year tier...im ALMOST 2 years, and teh 2 year tier just seems to blow the rest outta the water. yes, it should be the best, but second place shouldn't pale in comparison
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Seems the vet reward is bugged.... because my first login was on Jan of 2011... so unless I got it wrong, I should be getting the 1 year package right?? I am getting the 6 month one =S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pity I have to do my books for my shop today this event sounds like epic fun ^_^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Been here since launch and only got the two year bag. Beta lifer. It was a nice bag all three jet afs a new nighthawk af a full primary heirloom set and drifter catalyst bag mountain bag and halloween treat bag. Three titles Undeterred, Courageous, Indomitable. I really like the full primary heirloom set been running my alts between two full pri/sec sets and this should allow me to build a third pri/sec set
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    arblaque wrote: »
    Been here since launch and only got the two year bag. Beta lifer.

According to Trailturtle, the 2-year bag is the highest tier they're offering, so it looks like you received the intended gift.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Just a heads-up: The dev team is going to drop in on PTS around 5:15-5:30ish, probably closer to 5:15. (all times PDT)
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PTS seems to be down.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    zedulon wrote: »
    PTS seems to be down.

Went down literally a minute ago for maimtenance.

They have to glue together the Destroids so we can take them apart.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Figures I would try to log in within a minute of it going down.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    f5 f5 f5 f5 f5

lol I hope they post when it comes up.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Patching now, so I believe it is up.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    admflamebergadmflameberg Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The client couldn't take it on my end and exploded when I got close to the action. So I guess I will not be taking part in it then. I sure the party i was part of might be wondering where I flew off too.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yay! game crashes like mothafunker.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yep, crashed out on the 5th Destroid, can't get back in so far.
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't even get close the action or the client crashes. Completely unable to even load back into the game if the Mega D fight is still in progress, client crashes at loading screen every time.:frown:
  • Options
    gaslockegaslocke Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Constant crashing, every time I get within 100 ft of a destroyed I crash.
    When I try logging back on, if my character happens to be still near a destroyed I dont even make it back into the game I instantly crash before the login is completed.

I can safely make it back on once the fight has stopped and nothing is going on at my character's login location.

Ashlocke was my original forum name but was unable to keep it during the PW forum migration. *Shakes Fist* :frown:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, I want to take a moment to thank you all for helping test this... it's definitely a very, very good thing that we found this.

There will be full patch notes later, but the Mega-Destroid event will not be present in the patch tomorrow -- we'll be aiming to push that live early next week instead, after more testing. The anniversary gifts will be released as planned, though.
  • Options
    zebellezebelle Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    for some reason, travel powers i've already purchased from the Z-store are not available to me on PTS (specifically Lightspeed, Heroic, and Power Flight). they were purchased quite some time ago.

anyone else run into this issue?

also, does anyone know if only one of our toons is supposed to receive the Vet Anniversary package, or is each toon supposed to get something?

so confused...

@Zebel

60% of the time, it works every time...since August 2009.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Most of them are unlocked on account wide. The Drifter bag is for character. So you unlock them on one toon only.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zebelle wrote: »
    for some reason, travel powers i've already purchased from the Z-store are not available to me on PTS (specifically Lightspeed, Heroic, and Power Flight). they were purchased quite some time ago.

anyone else run into this issue?

also, does anyone know if only one of our toons is supposed to receive the Vet Anniversary package, or is each toon supposed to get something?

so confused...

I believe you need to transfer a character that was created after you purchased the TP. The PTS is a separate server from Live and it can't tell what you bought over there until you transfer a character that has it available. I have all the TPs you listed available to me because I've transferred a toon over almost every time a new TP has been released....

Sadly, for some reason I haven't been able to transfer some of the latest TPs, nor the ones I purchased with Questionite...

:frown:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    zebellezebelle Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Most of them are unlocked on account wide. The Drifter bag is for character. So you unlock them on one toon only.

see, this is what i get from being away from the game so long...the sudden inability to realize the simplest things.

thanks, Finn. :redface:

lokikin wrote: »
    I believe you need to transfer a character that was created after you purchased the TP. The PTS is a separate server from Live and it can't tell what you bought over there until you transfer a character that has it available. I have all the TPs you listed available to me because I've transferred a toon over almost every time a new TP has been released....

Sadly, for some reason I haven't been able to transfer some of the latest TPs, nor the ones I purchased with Questionite...

hmm...i'll have to play around with this a bit. i don't recall it being like that before, but it's entirely (and most likely) possible that i simply hadn't noticed. regardless, as long as it's PTS specific and not live, it won't be too much of an issue for me.

thanks, Rhyatt. :smile:

@Zebel

60% of the time, it works every time...since August 2009.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zebelle wrote: »
    hmm...i'll have to play around with this a bit. i don't recall it being like that before, but it's entirely (and most likely) possible that i simply hadn't noticed. regardless, as long as it's PTS specific and not live, it won't be too much of an issue for me.

thanks, Rhyatt. :smile:

I'm sorry, I take that back...

What I said USED to work; I did it a number of times...

But now that they wiped the PTS, it seems my work around is a no go...

Edit: Just tested further. Characters transferred over with a purchased TP get to keep it, but you have to actually unlock the TPs on the PTS for them to be available for all toons. I transferred my main level 40 over and I didn't have Millennial Flight from the 1000 day Vet reward. Made a new toon and he got spammed with all the Vet rewards up to 1000 days. Now MF is available to pick. I think it's because I actually earned it on the PTS...

But it seems that, since the C-Store and Q Exchange are dead on the PTS, obtaining any other TPs is impossible...

Dimmit...

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ... the Mega-Destroid event will not be present in the patch tomorrow -- we'll be aiming to push that live early next week instead, after more testing.

*applause*

Pushing back the release is definitely the right thing to do. Gather up all those crash reports we submitted, go through them, fix the issue.

That is the entire purpose of testing, glad to see it is being put to good use here.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was nice to see Robobo:smile:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was nice to see Robobo:smile:

Darnit ...question does Robobo still look like a thundercat?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!