Install Arc
Options

Fc.31.20120904.1

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.31.20120904.1
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 8:00pm PST on 9/5/12

Greetings!

As promised, here's the second update of the day that unlocks(for PTS players only) the Cape Glide travel power!
Have at it, and let us know what you think!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Powers:
-All-new Cape Glide travel power!

Content:
-Nemesis: Nemesis Critters should no longer gain absurd HP at random.
-Monster Island: Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere.

Known Issues:
-Cape Glide is a work-in-progress. The team is working on addressing visual issues, as well as the ability to perform certain powers while in travel mode that cause animation irregularities.
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like this patch already and I haven't even tested it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    EDIT: Didn't read it right, I'm dumb.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    YAY! mid-knight is approve
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    PTS update FC.31.20120904.1

-Monster Island: Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere.

This made my day.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hehe I like that the sense of humor is coming back :biggrin:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guess I'll have to play MI crisis once before the patch goes through. I want to see this.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Question about the new "Master of" powers for Telepathy. Am I understanding correctly that I have to spend a Power Point JUST to have access to the powers for the Master I unlocked? That "Master of" doesn't do anything else besides eat a point?

I don't like that. At least have the "Master of" be something basic for that type and also unlock the other powers for that type. Otherwise it feels like wasted power points (especially if I want to be versatile and have more than one).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hehe I like that the sense of humor is coming back :biggrin:

While there is ALOT of adjustments to be made.. I can honestly say that I feel so much brighter about the outlook of the game.

I'd like to attribute it all to telepathy's in-depth review but alot of it comes from just being able to interact with the devs in game.

Both GMC and Trailturtle (even if their work were to diminish) have gone the extra mile to really give a ****.

That and with CoX closing it's given me a rejuvinated desire to see this game REALLY succeed.

2013 will be the year of the Champions
  • Options
    reinweibritterreinweibritter Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's up.

Cape Glide's pretty cool, but if your cape is anything but flat colors it gets horribly stretched.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    While there is ALOT of adjustments to be made.. I can honestly say that I feel so much brighter about the outlook of the game.

I'd like to attribute it all to telepathy's in-depth review but alot of it comes from just being able to interact with the devs in game.

Both GMC and Trailturtle (even if their work were to diminish) have gone the extra mile to really give a ****.

That and with CoX closing it's given me a rejuvinated desire to see this game REALLY succeed.

2013 will be the year of the Champions

Seconded...oh and by the way..thanks to a generous soul known as Solomon...(hope you dont mind me saying this ^_^)...I will soon be able to join you on the PTS and pass out and scream when I see the new telepathy powers :biggrin:
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kallethen wrote: »
    Question about the new "Master of" powers for Telepathy. Am I understanding correctly that I have to spend a Power Point JUST to have access to the powers for the Master I unlocked? That "Master of" doesn't do anything else besides eat a point?

I don't like that. At least have the "Master of" be something basic for that type and also unlock the other powers for that type. Otherwise it feels like wasted power points (especially if I want to be versatile and have more than one).

The trade off for this is that none of the sub powers cost power points. effectively you're getting four powers for the price of one.

looking forward to seeing these changes progress. just wish the support passive was higher on the to-do list.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The trade off for this is that none of the sub powers cost power points. effectively you're getting four powers for the price of one.

looking forward to seeing these changes progress. just wish the support passive was higher on the to-do list.
    Okay, THAT does make more sense. I was assuming the other powers would then each cost another point (I didn't get to do more than pick the Master power cuz the server went down to upload the new patch).

• Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm I like this new TP... though I think it looks... too big on females, maybe adjust the size and shape of it a lil bit? looks rather bland as it is.

As of the functionality of the power, feels like a glide.. I like that, its a good start.

Also the charging up animation looks quite funny hehehe.

Edit: The nighthawk cape looks just... hilarious with this TP! hahahahahaah

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    humanconductorhumanconductor Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like the Cape glide power so far (though as mentioned earlier the texture map does get distorted). I know this may sound crazy, seeing as it is called cape glide, but an option to use the power without displaying the the cape and just use the glide animation and dynamics might be nice. I think it would look pretty good for my characters with arm wings but not capes. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I just tested this TP with a male, and it looks fine on the size and shape. Its with females that looks ridic big... can you change this please??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cape Glide:
    I love how cape glide handles, it feels smooth and is just a blast to use! However I have a few issues with the appearence of an active cape glide on some of the capes. An example would be the scalloped when active needs to be a lot more rigid in its outline. Also the textures on the active capes need to be fixed so that it matches up with you unactive cape. Another slight issue I have is when the cape glide is active there appears to be a slight gap between your cape and where it is supposed to be connected to the collar. Yet another thing that I think could use a tweak is when one turns off cape glide the active cape should fade out whilst you costume cape reappears, this will help with the illusion of them being one and the same.

On a side note I think for those who don't have a cape present on their costume should be able to use the cape glide travel power where no cape appears when active, so people who use wing accessories can use cape glide and have it make sense.

If these things get fixed then I just can't wait to use it once it goes live!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Okay... so I just did a side by side screenshot, and seems what I was fearing was true.

Front Screenshot

Back Screenshot

As its really evident, the size of the cape doesn't change at all in between males and females. With females it looks huge, as with males it looks fine. As you can appreciate, both screenshots are taken from the same camera distance, so there's no mistake on this one.

Can you please change it to be proportional (aka make it smaller) for females?

Its all I ask from this power, since I am loving it so much and I am all up to buying it on live.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    BUG: Shadow of Doubt drops Ebbing Lifeforce stacks when it should drop Lingering Regrets.
    BUG: Mind Leech drops Lingering Regrets when it should drop Ebbing Lifeforce.
    BUG: Mind Break doesn't seem to be purging the Lingering Regret DoT.

• Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm I just checked the new Cape Glide TP and I'm actually confused. How is this TP actually useful. It's constantly on an it can't be used during combat. Or to be precise as far as I can tell you can't use any powers while it's on. This TP needs some functionality or some gimmick to make it worthwhile. Maybe increase the flight speed to 40 or 45 to give it an advantage over others.

Also since you can't use this power to actually fight I suggest it gets immunity to TP removers. Your basically a sitting duck while using it >_>. Duno I just don't see this TP as being useful. Looks nice-ish but except that honestly is useless. It's like bat flight O_o. I'm not sure if this power is going to be free or not but if you intend people to buy it you better make sure they know it can't be used in combat or else there will be some drama/outrage on the forums.

EDIT: Most if not all of the custom type capes look horrible while using Cape Glide. Also if you are using Mini-Cape you automatically get a full length cape once you activate this TP. This power needs a lot of work. Seriously.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    BUG:with Lightning reflexes:
    anyone with LR slotted and is in teh presence of any Ally buff, they will dodge non stop. this appears to be only cosmetic, but it is annoying as all hell
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    BUG: While using Cape Glide + Sneak the cape is visible :rolleyes: Kinda breaks the purpose as well as the immersion does it not? LOL
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can you use this without a cape? It'd look awesome w/ the bat or feathered arm webbing if you could!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can you use this without a cape? It'd look awesome w/ the bat or feathered arm webbing if you could!

Nope. If you don't have a cape you get one by default.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    Nope. If you don't have a cape you get one by default.

Man, that's too bad!

Devs: Don't miss this opportunity to sell a "wing webbing" set!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Man, that's too bad!

Devs: Don't miss this opportunity to sell a "wing webbing" set!

If people buy this TP there will be an outrage. It's the only one for which you have to pay that is useless in combat. Doubt people won't be upset when they realize that >_>. (which will be after they bought it lol)
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Blocking with Cape Glide is funny.
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since the bug is still present in this version I will go ahead and put another bug report in on the forums:

BUG!: Skill nodes still do not give any skill ups when collected. This is true for all skills ie. Mysticism, Science and Arms.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If people buy this TP there will be an outrage. It's the only one for which you have to pay that is useless in combat. Doubt people won't be upset when they realize that >_>. (which will be after they bought it lol)

they did say in the OP here that its a work in progress
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Some thoughts after testing:

1. I love the animation for Mind Break. It looks powerful and has a unique animation.

2. Mind Leech - kinda a weird one here. I can't quite tell what "it" is that I'm summoning and launching at the enemy. Is that a fist? A rock? Can you clean it up a little or make it look more obvious what it is?

3. Cape gliding - I somewhat like the mechanic, but it needs some fine-tuning. First, don't have the power color affect the color of the cape - instead add a few speed lines on the trailing edges and let them take w/e color you apply to the power. Second, would it be possible to apply a more proportional stretching effect to the power - so if your cape has symbols or patterns on it, they don't get quite so warped. Third, would it be possible to allow the power to be used without a cape and without applying a "filler" cape in its place? I ask this because I think this power would look awesome if you have the underarm webbing on your costume.

4. The various manifestations need a more distinctive creature model. Maybe you could use the energy brain from one of the early Canada missions, or perhaps a unique one for each manifestation? Or how about this - you know how telekinetic eruption can turn you into an "energy form" of yourself - what if the power kinda did that, but left that version of yourself stationary to emit the effect?

Other thoughts - I'd like to see some ability to "throttle" your speed with cape gliding - what if the power always flew at the slowest speed, and you had to gain some altitude that way, then nose down to gain speed? You could then maintain that speed or perhaps lose a little of that speed when you nosed up?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everyone said everything I was going to say about what I saw.

The powers for telepathy are just overwhelming. I'll work on it off and on.
  • Options
    volkinus#3857 volkinus Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In regards to Cape Glide TP. I would think it would be neat for a bit more body animations.
    Example: Legs tuck in as a pull back
    Dive bomb as a push forward

Also I am guessing the capes will look better when you guys are done. My bird cape seems a bit small when i tried it.

Keep up the good work guys!
    Thanks for the consideration.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I am not nearly done with the thorough review of the set as a whole BUT I will post what I have so far.

New Powers:

Congress of Selves - Rename "Conditioning" for all those psych majors
    Design: Misfire. This power does little more than make Ego Form irrelevant. Firstly offensive Range DPS passives usually do not provide "resist all damage" as their innate defense for a reason.. those "catch all defenses" (Dodge/Avoid, Resist All, Armoring etc) are usually saved for Melee DPS passives. The defense should likely be against ego damage only. The offense is just OP enough to make the other powers of the set hit ridiculous numbers.. this will likely not be a real OP issue with AoPM still lingering about. I would suggest changing the damage type to ego only and keeping the resist all advantage to minimize cross set overpoweredness. None of this goes to the heart of the fact that telepathy is (was) at it's core about crowd control and support role. I really think this passive would do the set justice AS a support passive and increasing the base numbers. Since this is not likely to happen (and because I still want my crowd control based passive) I am willing to look past this GLARING oversight. It's clear that there is both Offensive telepathy and crowd control telepathy. Being Ranged DPS cuts directly into Crowd Control effects 45%. Not tested to see what powers are effected by the DoT. I'm hoping it's restricted to Ego Damage DoT.
    FX: Not yet completed. A carbon copy of Ego Form. I sincerely hope for an original animation. Perhaps "Cursed" glowing eyes an an "in combat" aura.
    Bugs: None found.

Shadow of Doubt - Rename "Doubt" .. shadow implies AoE to me
    Design: The ranks and advantages are not yet in for this power. The cooldown is a tad too low and can be handily exploited. I recommend using the same ranking system as Celestial Cleansing where ranking up the power reduces the cooldown time. My only real wish is for this power to be small (10 ft) AoE.
    FX: I love the FX however there is a discrepancy.. sometimes i can see the "dart" between the player and the target and sometimes i cannot. Please remove the dart from view 100% of the time.
    Bugs: It seems to be adding the wrong debuff (Ebbing Lifeforce)

Mental Leech - Rename "Dependency"
    Design: Ranks and Advantages seemingly not in for this power either. The heal component of Ebbing Life Force seem rather small but it's only working on the single target power instead of the AoE.. once this is fixed I'll look at the heals again. Hopefully the healing scales with rank of the power somehow (even though it's a buff from the target).
    FX: I like the "Swirling Shatter" effect but i strongly dislike the "Crystal of Mental Energy" that is thrown at the target. Neither fits in to the "Whisps, Circles, and Dots" theme of the rest of telepathy's powers. If we only had the swirling shatter effect and it were made of dots instead of squares I'd be much more satisfied. Also This does not give emination points so if there is to be no emination point please let the power cast from the head on default.
    Bugs: It seems to be adding the wrong debuff (Lingering Regret)

Mind Break - Rename "Psychosis"
    Design: Great idea! (this reminds me MUCH of the Mesmer class from GW2's "Shatter Illusion" ability) I love the consumption of debuffs. The damage is a tad high at base (for a t0) and the energy cost seems about right however. This is also the only "consuming" power i've seen and it's at T0.. usually powersets have to wait for tier 2 or 3 to get this synergy. The sheer numbers I've seen people get from this power makes me think it should be a T3 attack. It overshadows current ego blast in every way. Also the Heal component given from "Ebbing Lifeforce" really should heal allies near the caster and not the target.
    FX: I like it.. perhaps we can make the FX a bit "softer" to match the "whisps" given by Rank 3 Psi-Lash. Also when it hits the target it makes a "Splash" effect.. which is okay.. but seems out of place.. Can I ask for the circles from Shadow of Doubt going in the opposite direction?
    Bugs: None found.

Master of ID - Rename "The Id"
    Design: Lovely Idea! (this reminds me MUCH of the banners system of GW2). The ID represents Instinct and in this way it buffs damage output. I will say that these Aura providing summons make sorcery's circles look like poop. They need diminishing returns (hell I may go as far as say only one counts per cast). I do not agree with them scaling with superstats (I don't think ANY summon should but especially not THESE summons). I recommend scaling with the average of INT and EGO, or just PRE, or even REC and END (the first being thematic and the second being for game mechanics). The buffs they give are at about the right levels however. I would just make sure to keep them destructible and give them a much more finite time just like summon nightmare, thus requiring the caster to recast in combat. Also they cost NO energy and should cost at LEAST half the player's equilibrium to cast (perhaps nothing to change from one type to the next). I also think that Advantage cost needs to be factored in.. maybe even 1 adv point per Id type.
    FX: Well If we have to use the cloaked guys this is a good place to start. I do wish that the buffs we received didn't look like the sorcery Auras.
    UI: For all of the Master Summons Please put the 4 types of buffs into the Pet UI (there's already 4 buttons there). Putting them in our powers tray is just too much for the average player without a plethora of keybinds and build swaps.
    Bugs: None Found

Master of Ego - Rename "The Ego"
    Design: See Master of ID. The Ego represents our defenses and sense of self. I only warn that the healing done by this be hella weak if you allow stacking. The Defenses both seem high in number as well. I need to test these defenses against penetration but I assume that they do not offer resistance against penetration.
    FX: See Master of Id
    UI: See Master of Id
    Bugs: See Master of Id

Master of Super Ego - Rename "The Super Ego"
    Design: See Master of ID. The Super Ego represents our inner desires and morality. The Increased Healing is lame to me. I would much prefer a +CrowdControl component to this power. Man-Crush... you once again went around the circle of utility mechanics and decided to use heals instead of Crowd Control making gamehobo sad, lol. Besides any more healing buffs and I'll go insane!
    FX: See Master of Id
    UI: See Master of Id
    Bugs: See Master of Id

Mental Storm - Rename the "Shadows of Mind" stack to "Regret" or "Stress"
    Design: I love it! It's perfect in every way. I debated its range, its AoE and its usage.. sure it will likely become PvP cherry-picked but that's ok. The power is great. I was also worried that the stun is too strong, but it's not. For Ranged players it is nerfed, for support players it is extremely desireable! My only real concern is that this power is the only way to proc "Shadows of the Mind". That should be added to another power. But for this power, don't change a thing!
    FX: Placeholder. I'm hoping for more of that "Shadow of Doubt" Circleness.. Sorry I just love it THAT MUCH. Maybe a duplicate of how Ego Sleep/Psionic Healing's circles look in the middle. I look forward to seeing what Splosions comes up with.. just keep a head emination point and I'm in.
    Bugs: Does not Proc Sentinel Mastery.. I need to check ALL the new powers for specilizations, yet.

Master of the Mind
    Design: Very fun! I didn't think I would like the "transform" power but the power boost is SO impressive. It works well for me as an "oh ****" button. The Timer I will ASSUME is the same as FAW. It's intese. It does seem like it was made for Aura of Primal Majesty but I will not get into the AoPM weeds.
    FX: Please do not make me fly. My character may as well be in a wheelchair (lol) I don't want to fly. I also am not a telekinetic so please don't make me raise rocks from the ground. I am hoping this is a placeholder FX. I'd be down to "fly" if i turned into the astral version of myself (like with TK Eruption).
    UI: This power needs a much clearer description and advanced discription.
    Bugs: Cannot purchase Rank 3 of the power (or really tell what ranking the power does).

By stacking Doubt, Dependancy, and Regret you trigger Psychosis in your target. I think this nomenclature much better describes what happens to the target than "Shadows of the Mind", "Lingering Regret", and "Ebbing Lifeforce". Other words that trigger psychosis - Stress, Sorrow, etc.
    - -

Overall:

I like alot of what you bring to the table for new powers. The interrupts worked extremely well in boss fights. The debuff stacking is right on target, and consuming them is just plain fun. The gameplay with the new powers is MUCH faster than the old, though I doubt I see many telepaths winning Open Missions via DPS. Splosions knocked it out of the park with "Shadow of Doubt" and I hope to see MUCH more of this animation.. I know I'll be using the crap out of it.

The things that need the most attention are the "overpowered" items. The passive needs to be reined in. One of the quickest ways to do this is turning it to a support/hybrid passive but again.. I refuse to lose out on a crowd control passive for the sake of this. I don't think i'm being selfish or out of line by thinking that the Id, Ego and Superego should be powers that come solely with a mentalist passive. They are extremely strong and the ability to cherry-pick them to already overpowered builds scares the crap out of me. I can already feel the seething just by mentioning it.. but it bears being said. Mind Break also is a bit strong at base value. The buffs added to it seem on target but doing 5K hits even before consuming debuffs just feels to strong for a tier 0 power.

The new playstyle of the framework lacks alot in the way of defense and this is generally consistent with Ranged DPS builds, however many of the new ranged DPS powers have high tier (tier 2-3) powers that work at 100 ft while the lower tier powers work at 50 ft. This supports my idea to move Mind Break to Tier 3 and keep its damage high.

What's Missing? Well there were suprisingly few powers I needed to go out of set for! I took 2 active defenses out of set and this much is to be expected. I am still hoping for an AD that simply "increases resistance" unlike the dodge or unbreakable, but telepathy is not likely the place. I still need a block. I actually strongly advocate Mind Link becoming a block with the same cooldown (60s) and working like Baron Cimetiere's. Because the new playstyle is so much more "in your face" at <50ft with little for defenses I make good use of a threat wipe (Evasive Maneuvers or Paliate). I'd love to have one in set and think Ego Placate is a great place to start (no one will miss the old version). I personally prefer to have an aggro wipe that did not involve "visible stealth" but instead used "agression stealth" like absolve. This would have to have the same cooldown range as Evasive maneuvers or even an Active Defense. The passive heals from "Mental Leech" were enough to sustain me in small battles, however I still opted for a click heal (conviction).. There are plenty of heals available in telepathy so i wont even ask for one here.. but I did leave the set to get it. Because I am STILL focusing on the crowd control portion of Telepathy I was left without a support passive. I am still using Seraphim but it does so little to actually help my character in combat.. Aura of Clarity is still on the list of possibles but is edged out because I don't use PRE in my build and that power still does not scale with superstats completely. And Finally, The innate talents leave a gaping hole for INT/EGO which i feel are the two best stats to represent the new playstyle.

The new powers have a complete lack of synergy with the old powers.. and that's likely going to be the focus of my next post.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Everyone said everything I was going to say about what I saw.

The powers for telepathy are just overwhelming. I'll work on it off and on.

From what I hear and will soon personally experience they are a world away from the annoyingly weak charge up Ego Blast xD.

For the old powers I'd like to put one suggestion forward since DoT seems to be the way now.

Ego Sprites- Secondary Effect (exploited by "Psychosis" Mind Break)

Psychic Rage - Basically an increase damaged/ spike damage around 1-3k per stack?

I agree with the majority of gamehobo's post except for some minor name changes..

Like...

Mental Leech -> Psychic Drain?

Master of the Mind -> Form of the Psychic?

Congress of Selves -> Mind Opener? o_O (dont know too much about this power yet)
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While I am really happy with offensive passive in Telepathy set, I'd like to see a support one added soon.

As gamehobo gave very good analyze on new powers and I noticed similar things I won't add anything to it.

However following bug(s) still exist in PTS so I am adding them as a reminder.
    - Nemesis creation screen doesn't show minion models
    - You can't load saved costumes to villians. However while some ain't working some works. I can say in 20 so costumes saved for females on PTS only one works correctly.
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm going to renew my sub later today to check the Telepathy powers! *_*
    CO time. :D

Also, does anyone have screens/videos with the powers? :D
  • Options
    dagconfaraday#1221 dagconfaraday Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    • I'd ideally prefer it to only use the cape when I'm pressing a directional key.
    • The above would allow powers to work in mid-air when not using the cape. (i.e. swinging & teleport)
    • Also similar to swinging where the player only performs an acrobatic height jump if not pressing a directional key to extend the cape. (as swinging uses the jump key to activate, cape glide instead can simply hold a directional key)

Everything else about the cape glide is groovy.

The guy who formally posted as @Sky_Commander. Now posts as: "劫"
  • Options
    gaslockegaslocke Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this was reported anywhere else, but it bears repeating anyway.

When picking any of the "Master of" powers and you spend the last of your advantage points you aren't able to actually pick any of it's zero cost sub powers.

The same problem happens with any other power that has a zero point cost advantage like enrage growth, or the double psi blades, etc.

While one workaround is to try to plan your power picks so that you spend advantage points last, it would be nice if this could be addressed at some future point.

Thanks for reading.

Ashlocke was my original forum name but was unable to keep it during the PW forum migration. *Shakes Fist* :frown:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    gaslocke wrote: »
    Not sure if this was reported anywhere else, but it bears repeating anyway.

When picking any of the "Master of" powers and you spend the last of your advantage points you aren't able to actually pick any of it's zero cost sub powers.

The same problem happens with any other power that has a zero point cost advantage like enrage growth, or the double psi blades, etc.

While one workaround is to try to plan your power picks so that you spend advantage points last, it would be nice if this could be addressed at some future point.

Thanks for reading.

I wonder why they don't just have all the sub-forms as their own individual powers, and just have summoning 1 cancel out any ones you currently have out, (like how trying to activate 1 'form' power shuts off another you have toggled on). Their numbers also need to be looked at, as they pretty much seem to provide passive-level buffs. Maybe they can have a relatively low number of HP and be destructible or something. I mean, look at the numbers the arcane circles provide, and that's just for you, not all in range...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I wonder why they don't just have all the sub-forms as their own individual powers, and just have summoning 1 cancel out any ones you currently have out, (like how trying to activate 1 'form' power shuts off another you have toggled on). Their numbers also need to be looked at, as they pretty much seem to provide passive-level buffs. Maybe they can have a relatively low number of HP and be destructible or something. I mean, look at the numbers the arcane circles provide, and that's just for you, not all in range...

I like the versatility of the 4 versions of each portion of the psyche. I do not like that they come for free.. But picking up "The Id" really should come with your choice of buff IMHO.

Now that these exist however it makes Sorcery circles really joke-worthy. Cant change it all today, but I know GMC has expressed desire to redo sorcery. I personally think these avatar summons are just too powerful to be chosen in the freeform power choice system. They are 1) too cheap, 2) too powerful and 3) unmitigated buffs like the old enrage version and evasive maneuvers. All buffs need to have an exclusivity to them imho.

But Thank goodness they exist! I am waiting to pull out my stealth sight buff in PvP!
  • Options
    elisendaelisenda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bug - Ego Sprites / Mental Storm use the same icon in the power tray and as effect icons on enemies.
  • Options
    elisendaelisenda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bug -- Mind Break consumes no stacks of Lingering Regret, even when fully charged. It does correctly consume the stacks of Ebbing Lifeforce and Shadows of the Mind. (For precision, I should say the icon for Lingering Regret does not disappear from enemies.)

Where it happens -- Fighting various New Shadows throughout the Vibora Bay and Lemurians throughout northeast Monster Island.
  • Options
    gaslockegaslocke Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Those "Master of" buffs may be great, but while testing them in the PH Battlestation, I was eriely reminded of the old days of my Support Drones that I stopped bothering to cast because 2 seconds after wasting time and energy casting them, they were dead.

A Buff could grant me the power of Grond, but if it dies in less than 3 seconds, it's pretty worthless.

Perhaps toning down the buffs, but making them more durable, or immune to damage.

Also, a small request, I happen to have been testing them on my "pet master" character, and between all of my pets and the power graphics spam, I had a hard time knowing when those Master of buffs were dead and when I needed to re-summon them. Could they perhaps be added to the pet window to make keeping tabs of them easier?

Or perhaps treat them like pets so they can take advantage of pet buffs, and heals.

Thanks for reading.

Ashlocke was my original forum name but was unable to keep it during the PW forum migration. *Shakes Fist* :frown:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There's so much of telepathy that is simply "left behind" by the new mechanics. So many bugs left in the old powers and mechanics I will post them here in hopes that developers fix these design flaws in upcoming patches as well.

Old Powers:

Manipulator - Rename "Influence"
    Design: The proc mechanic on manipulator is horrible bugged and broken. I suggest that manipulator stacks whenever you attempt to root, inturrupt, sleep, stun, incapacitate, paralyze or confuse an enemy. This will let the power work much better with the new play style's click powers that provide crowd control.
    FX: I'd much prefer a copy of "Mental Discipline" to the floating "Aspect" version. Don't make me fly.
    UI: With this and all toggle forms.. please just give me ONE buff icon under my character, I only need the stacks, not the second "this power is now on" Icon.
    Bugs: The energy return on Manipulator does not properly scale with INT. The following powers do not proc manipulator that should: Ego Storm, Tazer Arrow, Sonic Arrow, Condemn advantage, Vengance advantage, Force Cascade adnantage

Ego Sleep
    Design: This power is great as is. The sleep mechanic works extremely well. The only power however that allows for damage without providing crowd control breaks is Ego Sprites. I'd love to see Mental Leech and Shadow of doubt added to this list. Also Ego sleep is a great place to proc "Shadows of the Mind" instead of fear via it's advantage. In a dream world the "support passive" for telepathy would allow more telepathy powers cause damage without providing any crowd control breaks.
    FX: Love em.
    Bugs: None.

Ego Placate
    Design: So much of the "placate" has gone extinct. This power was used as a great debuffer but even that's been replaced with shadow of doubt. The best course of action for this power is a complete redesign. I advocate a buff power with a threat wipe. Bonus if you can cast this on allies. I don't know if a pure threat wipe power is better or if a 2 point advantage for threat wipe is better, but it's clear that ego placate has outlived its usefulness as a debuff. Also placates and confuses do not proc any specialization debuffs nor do they provide additional "Collective Wills" anymore.
    FX: I'm hoping these FX can be used for Mind Leech or another of the new powers.

Ego Sprites
    Design: The sprite cannon is good. The DoT is great and the lack of hold breakage is fantastic. The damage seems right. This also has good carry-over into the new DoT centric playstyle. The heals on this however come WAY too late (if at all). I'd love to see the HoT component happen much sooner after the ego sprites successfully latch on to a target.
    FX: Loves em. Wish the Health return was colorable.
    Bugs: None

Ego Blast
    Design: This power has been hit hard with the nerf bat and needs to recover. The stun chance needs to be returned to it ASAP (100% on full charge) and it should proc a stack of manipulator on full charge. That would be the only saving grace to having this power as a tier 0 power. Also the new T0 is usable while mobile and Ego blast is not.. they should both be mobile.
    FX: Pretty straight forward.. I actually really like charge up animation.

Telepathic Reverb
    Design: This power does not proc for the user at 100ft unlike other unlocks. Also it does not work with holds that are outside the mentalist tree. The energy return scales with PRE which i have a personal distaste for as EGO and INT seem to be much better focuses of the set.
    FX: Love em.
    Bugs: Does not proc with the MANY hold powers (make a list).

Mind Link
    Design: I love it. I think "Urthona's Charm" should be lowered to Tier 2 to match and the cast times standardized. I do think the advantage needs to be reworked. Increased damage is not a desireable effect worth 2 adv points (One maybe). Confuses are the signature to my character. I love that confuses still use the old system of binary "held/not held" and the old system of "hold resistance" (the boot). This allows me to cast confuses on foes that have gained immunity to my other forms of crowd control. I can't state enough how deeply I want this power to work in PvP again. If Smoke Bomb is allowed in PvP so should be confuses. As to the issue of attacking friendly targets (players killing Defender) Devs can find a fix (I suggest making defender have 1million HP and hit with 40K hits anyone who attacks him). I'd like it to cast while mobile. Also placates and confuses do not proc any specialization debuffs nor do they provide additional "Collective Wills" anymore.
    FX: Meh.. I dont love it but it at least uses the circles and a dot.
    Bugs: Players still do not recieve the "question marks" floating around their heads when hit with confuse, only NPCs do. The new question marks should be standard status fx.

Psi Lash
    Design: The original design used a debuff to ego damage. 10% was too much so now I advocate providing "Shadows of Mind" to the energy builder advantage. This debuff is likely much less than the 10% but still comes with the ability to stack them with other powers.
    FX: Love.
    Bugs: None found

Ego Storm
    Design: I love this power. I hate manevolent manifestation. Now is the time to end it. Please just give us a toggle version of the power like Sparkstorm has even lower the range to 15 ft. By creating a pet version of this power the balance goes bad in so many ways. Telepathy does need a Hold over Time power that can be toggled while other powers are used (pets or debuffs), but Manevolent Manifestation gets it ALL wrong. IF this advantage can be turned to direct damage I can support it. I don't necessarily think it should be mobile, but that's better than what we got. Also.. Incapacitates are inherently flawed and I dont feel I need to get into that discussion of why. The damage provided by this power is non-existant because it will never cast for a full duration in combat.
    FX: Love them. Only wish is that fx didn't disappear on lower graphics settings.
    Bugs: Malevolent Manifestation does not proc a plethora of specializations, nor manipulator. The Ranked versions of the power also do not proc many effects they are supposed to.

Collective Will
    Design: I love this summon alot. It however needs to be destructable to fall in line with all the pets (no more psudo pets). I also don't know how these scale, i'm assuming superstats. That's okay with me. The Multiple summon effect does not proc on placate or roots. Because Legendary foes no longer even show the "status" of a confuse anymore (they used to) there is no real way to proc multiple wills on boss fights anymore either. I'm debating if these things should shoot "Psychosis" instead of "Ego Blasts" or if perhaps their blasts should also proc a Doubt, Regret, or Dependancy at random.
    FX: With the new Id, Ego and SuperEgo, the FX just became awesome. The pet chaff protects the Id, Ego and Superego by looking exactly similar making PvP players have a hard time finding the aura using versions.
    UI: The discription should let it be known that the debuff does not proc like an aura when the Will is summoned, rather only after a target is struck by a Will does it gain its debuff. Because this summon cannot be controlled it makes a world of difference.
    Bugs: None known.

Psychic Vortex
    Design: The idea of reflecting damage is amazing. The result (especially as a tier 2 power) is horrific. If this is going to function as a pet it needs tracking and movement again. The pet attacks WAY too slowly and even THAT is a conditional attack. I love that you can summon multiples and that the stacks replenish themselves from each summon. To aid with telepathy's debuff stacking I would love if every damage power that hits in the vicinity of Psychic vortex reflected a debuff back at the target (instead of damage). Because it's pet damage instead of direct damage it's bound to always be low anyhow. The advantage of this power is flat out bad design (never-mind that it's broken) and could be flatly removed frankly. I had an idea for this advantage to somehow lower the pet owner's cooldown time by 5% when the hit is proc'ed but that also has very limited use and would be hard to code.
    FX: I really REALLY love these FX. I want to see them used in something GOOD.
    UI: should be found under "Summons" not under "Crowd Control".. if it were CC it should proc Manipulator
    Bugs: The advantage does not stun opponents, instead it simply grants opponents a stack of hold resistance.

Summon Nightmare
    Design: Great Single power that can create an army of pet chaff. The only thing is they move HELLA slow. Please speed these little buggers up so they can actually fight players. IF this game did play like the mesmers of GW2 these pets would shoot out debuffs right and left.. IF.. lol
    FX: I love the casting FX I just don't like the pet models.. a worm and some demon skins.. I wont use this awesome power mostly because of the skins available.

Empathic Healing
    Design: Its a bit outdated as a team heal.. I wouldn't mind it becoming a self heal, but that'd mess up "the mind" archetype. It works well for a single target heal.. meh. I like the advantage but it never really works for me the way I want it to. I'd love to see the advantage buffed somehow.
    FX: I hate the flames. It's SO not telepathy. I only use this power on fire toons now for that reason. Can we PLEEEEASE get the original graphics version from launch.. the one with dots and circles?

Psionic Healing
    Design: The increased range is a great boon. I think this should be lowered to tier 1 with its counterpart however. The energy on tap is great for offensive builds who struggle a bit with energy and for PRE telepathy users this power is gold. The only thing that could make this power really shine is if the self heal worked on click (like Conviction) while the team heal could be charged.
    FX: gotta love circles man.
    Bugs: None Atm.

Mindful Reinforcement
    Design: I still dream of a day when MR works only on paranormal damage and PF only works on physical damage (and neither work on elemental damage) then I remember that freaking Infernal is somehow categorized as elemental damage and I rage all over again. I honestly think this power can come down to Tier 1 with Protection field now. There are enough real Tier 3 powers to fill up telepathy now and telepath players could definitely use some defense at early levels.
    FX: I like it.. wish the bubble was centered on the head and smaller instead of a "body bubble". Also it doesn't adjust size which just looks funny when casting it on a giant toon and it barely covers their belly. It's a 2/5 for me. Just below the middle.
    UI: Put it under "Buff Targets" and not under heal.
    Bugs: None that I can think of.. but its hella early AM.. give me some time.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I would not mind having a seraphim FX style component to Empathic healing or even a constant stream of circles, OR a head aura which appears when you heal yourself and appears on yourself and ohers (hopefully a psychic crown type aura)
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mind Break is hilarious, man... 60+k crit with all 30 stacks of debuffs up on a boss, or one of those lovely infini-dodge builds in pvp.

Can we get a legendary dummy in the poho with like 5,000,000 hp please? I'd really like to not have to go do the whole mega D open mission or deal with Mega Terak just to test stuff. :frown:

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Mindful Reinforcement
    Design: I still dream of a day when MR works only on paranormal damage and PF only works on physical damage (and neither work on elemental damage) then I remember that freaking Infernal is somehow categorized as elemental damage and I rage all over again. I honestly think this power can come down to Tier 1 with Protection field now. There are enough real Tier 3 powers to fill up telepathy now and telepath players could definitely use some defense at early levels.
    FX: I like it.. wish the bubble was centered on the head and smaller instead of a "body bubble". Also it doesn't adjust size which just looks funny when casting it on a giant toon and it barely covers their belly. It's a 2/5 for me. Just below the middle.
    UI: Put it under "Buff Targets" and not under heal.
    Bugs: None that I can think of.. but its hella early AM.. give me some time.

Bugs: The advantage triggers when the base absorption is broken, not the total after all buffs to the shield. Thereby allowing Compassion + MR to give the player the ability to infinitely cast the power without the bubble ever actually breaking on the target, as its energy return is greater than the cost of the power with int + cost discount gear.

The bubbles really need to have a bionic shielding style debuff to prevent them from being spammed on a target indefinitely, it's entirely overpowered and renders all other defenses and heals practically worthless.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm I just checked the new Cape Glide TP and I'm actually confused. How is this TP actually useful. It's constantly on an it can't be used during combat. Or to be precise as far as I can tell you can't use any powers while it's on. This TP needs some functionality or some gimmick to make it worthwhile. Maybe increase the flight speed to 40 or 45 to give it an advantage over others.

Agreed, right now it is only good for concepts (just like bat flight).
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cape Glide:
    On a side note I think for those who don't have a cape present on their costume should be able to use the cape glide travel power where no cape appears when active, so people who use wing accessories can use cape glide and have it make sense.

If these things get fixed then I just can't wait to use it once it goes live!

My thoughts exactly. I have a character who uses the Steelhawk Wings arm accessories, and the animation looks perfect, but a cape appears and covers him up, which isn't what I want unless I'm using an alternate costume that actually uses a cape.

I'm also noticing the gap at the shoulders others have mentioned. It looks like the cape isn't attached at the neck at all.

The default cape that appears when the character isn't wearing a cape looks good overall, but the Nighthawk cape looks really distorted.
    edited September 2012
    Lets see, did some cape testing....

1.) I love the physics for the tp. It seems nicely responsive, and fun for yet another travel power. I do wish it took a cue from Ice Slide and was faster with gravity than against...but I'm probably in the minority for that wish. I'd love if it was as fast as jet boots going down, and slowed to acro speeds on ascent.

2.) I see the distortion some people have talked about...but honestly, thats pretty much to be expected. You're applying a variety of different skin patterns to a single skeleton. Short of tweaking a version of it for every type of flight, I don't think you're going to see this problem resolved.

3.) The loss of combat in glide mode is disappointing, and will probably lead to some frustration from the player base. I'd really prefer that the cape only last while the jump button is depressed (like Grappling) or that you pop up to default flight stance for combat (ala RAD sphere.) Consulting with GMC, it seems like the latter of these is unlikely.

4.) Other people have mentioned this, and I think it bears repeating. It'd be epic if Glide cape could be used without a cape for the non caped batmen. Maybe as an alternate travel power?

5.) This power could probably use a bit more shiny added to it. Maybe some more animations during takeoff, and some particle trails and such inflight.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Bugs: The advantage triggers when the base absorption is broken, not the total after all buffs to the shield. Thereby allowing Compassion + MR to give the player the ability to infinitely cast the power without the bubble ever actually breaking on the target, as its energy return is greater than the cost of the power with int + cost discount gear.

The bubbles really need to have a bionic shielding style debuff to prevent them from being spammed on a target indefinitely, it's entirely overpowered and renders all other defenses and heals practically worthless.

I would disagree with bionic style debuff, that is one of the things which ruins that power, but I see the need for balancing. If bubbles actually absorbed all damage including fall damage, then I could understand a 3 second debuff to bubble generation on self/ target, but as it stands, bubbles are fine, they can be easily put up for momentary defense and can just as easily be brought down...putting a debuff to usage on bubble would be like putting a cooldown on a power like Dragon's Wrath..it makes no sense...a thread was already made about this and it sort of got shot down xP