No available character slot

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I hope this gets fixed soon. :(
    edited April 2012
    used to be gold, went silver in december due to being poor and burned out at the time :(

stuck with this exact issue too, I hope it gets fixed as well!
    edited April 2012
    Same problem.

Was a subscriber for a while when the game first came out. Felt like trying it again now that it's F2P but nothing works.

I have 2 characters (old ones).

When I try to make a new one it says I have no character slots and boots me to the log in screen.

When I try and convert an old character it just says "conversion failed".

Well, I guess I will go and try one of the other F2P MMOs...

Which will be a real pity, because I really used to enjoy this one :(

[edit] Some good news, after restarting I did manage to convert one of my old champs. So that's something at least. [/edit]
    edited April 2012
    This needs to be fixed soon :/

Also, this is my first time having a technical issue in Champions Online and holy h*ll is the support bad. Countless tickets, posts and one patch later, still no fix.

Guess I'll go play something else till this gets fixed. See you all in a month.
    edited April 2012
    Is this fixed yet? I don't want to spend up to twenty minutes making a character only to be hit with "No character slot available" and dumped back at the log-in menu.
    edited April 2012
    Drykid wrote:
    Is this fixed yet? I don't want to spend up to twenty minutes making a character only to be hit with "No character slot available" and dumped back at the log-in menu.

Doesn't work yet, I just tried it, but in order to not spend so much time designing the character over and over, after designing it, you just save it before clicking the "Take me" or "Skip" Tutorial button and then, if it fails, load it again after you choose the archetype. It only takes a few seconds whenever you wish to try.
    edited April 2012
    FYI, a fix for this is currently on PTS:

"Fixed the issue with players unable to create characters despite having empty character slots."

So the devs know about this and it'll be fixed sooner instead of later.
    edited April 2012
    FYI, a fix for this is currently on PTS:

"Fixed the issue with players unable to create characters despite having empty character slots."

So the devs know about this and it'll be fixed sooner instead of later.
    Huzzah!! Just as well, I suppose - my Radiant concept has taken a few twists, and now it's going to be a demonic-looking character named Risen (hey, we have fallen angels - why should the traffic only go one way?).
    edited April 2012
    I gave in and subbed for another month. Needed to redo my Gold characters anyway. *Sigh*
    edited April 2012
    Just making sure this stays on the first page until it's fixed...
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I am having the same issue. I sure do hope it gets fixed soon, cause I want to make a new character.
    edited April 2012
    It sucks... all I have been doing was creating costumes for certain archetypes and they are looking good :( but I want to try them out and I still can't create them.
    edited April 2012
    This new update will probably force me to restart all my gold characters anyway. Do you hear me, Cryptic? I'm willing to spend money on the game again, I just want to do it under my own terms, not being forced to it by a bug. So I won't be playing until it gets fixed.
    edited April 2012
    Just re-installed the game - same problem - not happy - sad actually... :(

No solution in sight - all hope lost

As with everybody here, I hope this gets fixed quick, maybe we need to attract the attention of a dev somehow?
    edited April 2012
    Someone back there posted that on the PTS they have the fix already, or at least it says so in the release notes. If that's true, then our problem will be fixed on the next patch. Stay strong buddies and save your costumes, help is coming!!
    edited April 2012
    Someone back there posted that on the PTS they have the fix already, or at least it says so in the release notes. If that's true, then our problem will be fixed on the next patch. Stay strong buddies and save your costumes, help is coming!!
    Oh, I've got Risen standing by. Might work on another concept I came up with for the Inferno archetype, because I've been hearing the power levels on that one are over 9000 lately....
    edited April 2012
    Wait what? Inferno got buffed? How and when?
    edited April 2012
    Day 10, and no fix in sight. Food and supplies getting low. Hoping the new species "Openus Slottius" will be found soon. If I don't make it....tell my SG....I died with honor...
    edited April 2012
    Wait what? Inferno got buffed? How and when?
    I've seen a number of passing references in the forums to Fire powers being more powerful than before, ever since the Update. Of course, as I have no Inferno toons at the moment, I'm unable to confirm or deny this tale...
    edited April 2012
    Not to sound greedy or anything, but it would be cool if the Dev's gave us enough CP to unlock a Archetype as an apology... I wouldn't mind getting the Impulse or the Inventor :D
    edited April 2012
    ironmic wrote:
    Not to sound greedy or anything, but it would be cool if the Dev's gave us enough CP to unlock a Archetype as an apology... I wouldn't mind getting the Impulse or the Inventor :D

No, see they likely wouldn't do that for silver members. Golds... maybe. But not for silvers.
    edited April 2012
    Despite knowing that adding one more voice to the choir won't make a difference, I too am having this problem. I was dumb enough to assume everything was going to work right and failed to save my attempted character... whoops. At least I hadn't written his backstory yet.

Like one of the posters, I've been wanting to play again and was considering even buying a Lifetime Subscription now that I have the money to do so. But that's not happening until THIS issue is fixed.
    edited April 2012
    PyroFalkon wrote:
    Despite knowing that adding one more voice to the choir won't make a difference, I too am having this problem. I was dumb enough to assume everything was going to work right and failed to save my attempted character... whoops. At least I hadn't written his backstory yet.

Like one of the posters, I've been wanting to play again and was considering even buying a Lifetime Subscription now that I have the money to do so. But that's not happening until THIS issue is fixed.

Well this issue is only affecting silver accounts.
    If you were really planning on buying a lifetime subscription, you'd be upgraded to gold.
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I know. I spoke only half my thought; my apologies. My point was that I'm not ready to give them my money if they're leaving a bug like that active for as long as it's gone on, even if it wouldn't directly affect me.

Currently I am only a Silver, and I wanted to jump in with a silver toon to see any changes they've made since I last played... which, I think, was back in '10.
  • rmsrms Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but the same exact thing is now happening to me. And the timing of it is truly bizarre. on 8/25/2012 or so, i deleted an old Silver character, and made a Soldier, just for fun. I successfully created a silly toon called "Mall Ninja" and played him to level 5. No problems.

Today, 8/29/2012, I log in and delete 'Mall Ninja" because I wanna make something else. Delete successful, no issues. So, I created a Marksman called "Patriot Arrow" because it's overused and funny. I type up a witty back-story, like the costume I made, saved it. Then I hit the 'Take me to tutorial' button.

"No available character slots"

OK, I know he's got a corny hero name, but so did the former occupant of that silver slot. then I deleted a Gold slot I no longer use, hoping to unjam the stuck Silver slot. Instead of freeing things up, the Gold slot completely dissipated! Like a Glacier tossed into the sun. I was able to log on as my behemoth, so getting into the game with existing characters is easy. I can't make new ones, and I won't delete any more older ones for fear of seeing the entire slot go away.

So, now I'm down a Gold slot (for whenever I resubscribe) AND I have an empty Silver slot taunting me. What a wonderful game...
  • fulgurant00fulgurant00 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am now having this problem too. I just posted on another thread about getting the 'no available slot' message on a FF slot that I bought (5000zen not in a grab bag). However I am getting the same message on an open silver slot that I have. I was gold for a few months but un-subbed 3/4 months ago. I deleted an old char which left me with an empty silver slot which I cannot use! I am getting the same error message after character creation.
  • dekleindeklein Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am now having this problem too. I just posted on another thread about getting the 'no available slot' message on a FF slot that I bought (5000zen not in a grab bag). However I am getting the same message on an open silver slot that I have. I was gold for a few months but un-subbed 3/4 months ago. I deleted an old char which left me with an empty silver slot which I cannot use! I am getting the same error message after character creation.

same problem...
  • arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Im bumping this post up because its the ONLY bug I would really want them to fix ASAP. I might not be a gold-member anymore but I still feel ROBBED of my gameplay-time by NOT being able to make a new character in my Free Form that I got after wasting/opening 23 or so FF bags. I STILL want to the test the Night Avenger powers no matter how overpowered or broken they may be.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm currently not subscribed anywhere, and I have to say, bugs like this do not inspire me to change that in favor of Champions Online.

Still can't create any characters.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • qinoteqinote Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same problem here, timing seems to have been since the Night Avenger update. I was originally gold but switched to silver over a year ago now probably. Still have my gold chars, but two empty silver spots (after deleting one silver char to try and see if that fixed the problem, which it obviously didn't). Can't use 'em. Bought the night avenger, would really like to see how it plays but getting the same 'no character spots available' message. yeesh.
  • arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BUMP. This issues is driving my patience away.

In other news, from what I've seen this problem seems to be connected to people who used to be GOLD but are SILVER now. I have some GOLD-friends and they tell me they haven't put up/experienced with this BS of a bug.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    arekusus wrote: »
    BUMP. This issues is driving my patience away.

In other news, from what I've seen this problem seems to be connected to people who used to be GOLD but are SILVER now. I have some GOLD-friends and they tell me they haven't put up/experienced with this BS of a bug.

Yeah, that's because ex-Golds have more characters than Silver players technically get slots for. Golds have 8 character slots by default, and Silver has 2. So, when a Gold player falls back to Silver, the game operates as though they only have those 2 slots to work with, and think there's no room available to them when they try to make a character.

Anyway, having this problem myself. Just blew 5000 Zen on a Freeform Slot, only to find I'm not allowed to use it.

I've sent in a support ticket about it, and I urge anyone else with or without the problem to do the same. Might want to mention that Silvers are still paying customers, as evidenced by the fact that we're purchasing character slots, and that this kind of bug really deters a person from wanting to spend any further money on the game. Even if we're just lowly Silvers, we're still profitable so long as they actually put in the effort to make our experience pleasurable.

EDIT: Hm... I managed to make my character. I started going through and deleting my characters. Only after getting down to four characters total did I finally try making the character, and it worked. I would suggest that people try deleting only their Gold characters (with the golden border, not any characters that you've converted to Silver), and then try to make a character. Can't guarantee it'll work, and it's certainly not as good as the game just letting us use the character slots we paid for, but it's better than nothing.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • quinzquinz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still no fix for this and right when the double XP event came on... Come on! What is going on, why is this not fixed? I have seen posts going as far back as April with this problem, for crying out loud...
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Another ex-gold.

I'd actually experienced this issue before I subbed, due to having two old demo characters. I got around it by deleting all of my characters.

This time I managed to save my main silver character, but I still had to delete ALL of my golds in order to make a new toon.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • megaerik000megaerik000 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is ridiculous. Not so much as a peep from a dev on the issue either. I really had high hopes for this game to turn around. Guess not.
  • kurraxxkurraxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same issue, the first time it happened was during the Freeform grab bag event in June. Then after a week or so seems they fixed it. Why it would be an issue again is odd, and should be easily fixed since it was fixed once before.
  • nc26nc26 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    unbelievable this bug has been known for months still not fixed and they put the freeform slot on sale so even more people will buy it and experience this problem.
  • jagjijagji Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    same thing happning to me. I have 3 golds and 2 sliver slots, and I can't make a new champ. :(

Heres something to consider.... has anyone tryed re-subing to see if they can make a new champ on that? I wounder if it has something to do with going from Silver to Gold.... sounds wired tho...
  • mattheworlockmattheworlock Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dealing with this as well. 5 months and still no fix for this? Someone should be fired over something this serious.
  • mastersparx92mastersparx92 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What makes you guys think that the devs intend to fix this bug at all? Lets look at the facts:

---This is a bug that should have the utmost priority for being fixed - it prevents people from even LOGGING IN to the game.

---It has been going on for at least 7 MONTHS.

---The devs have not even MENTIONNED it, nor have they even responded to any complaints or tickets, despite hearing these complaints.

---It only affects players who are NON-SUBSCRIBERS.

---If the error message says "No available character slots", how would you ever even SEE that message legitimately? How can you get into the character creator at all if you truly, truly have NO AVAILABLE SLOTS? You can't! There's no reason for that error message to even exist!

It benefits PWE for this bug to remain unrepaired. If enough silvers can't make characters, they'll be frustrated to the point of subscribing again. I find it funny that an MMO company is completely IGNORING claims that there's an error that keeps people from even making characters, especially when it continues even though they buy extra slots.

You guys may think it sounds insane, but if you think about it, this actually makes more sense than them just not noticing it. They know full well that some silvers can't make characters, but don't care because they're not making MONEY off of them anyway.

The whole world is becoming so greedy that people are being downright cruel and just don't even care, and it's happening EVERYWHERE. At this rate, it looks like civilized society is officially coming to an end.
  • mattheworlockmattheworlock Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This Bug is enough to make ne not want to combe back to this game. I deleted twoor three characters lastnight to free up more slots and I still can't use any of my empty slots. It's pathetic to think they can't or wont fix something this serious.

Things will only get worse on these forums when more players migrate here with the looming demise of COH