test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance August 24

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
We'll be having maintenance tomorrow (August 24) between 7 and 9 AM Pacific time. Patch notes will go up towards the end of the maintenance, as will any other update information.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    First! :tears:

Also hope you get it right this time guys :P
  • Options
    gregbgregb Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    RED ALERT, all supergroups lock down your banks!!
    Also cape glide? :p
  • Options
    nivjinivji Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Night hawk power set and cape glide ?
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Luckily i saved up some Zen if the Cape Glide comes :D

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so nighthawk's finally coming?

Sweet!! time to grind the mission(if its on this patch) and get my toons that would use jets a jet!
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    so nighthawk's finally coming?

Sweet!! time to grind the mission(if its on this patch) and get my toons that would use jets a jet!

Nighthawk's mission is totally not done yet on the PTS, lol. It still needs some work.
    If we are getting anything today, it could potentially be the new powers, AT, and maybe the Nighthawk Alert. And the Cape Glide TP, I guess?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Nighthawk's mission is totally not done yet on the PTS, lol. It still needs some work.
    If we are getting anything today, it could potentially be the new powers, AT, and maybe the Nighthawk Alert. And the Cape Glide TP, I guess?

Yeah,I heard that the mission just came out,at least we could get his alert,but I do expect it all to be on live before the end of August,after all,that was when it was due,before they have to start working on the "theme" for september.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah,I heard that the mission just came out,at least we could get his alert,but I do expect it all to be on live before the end of August,after all,that was when it was due,before they have to start working on the "theme" for september.

It actually doesn't need that much more work done. Just a final tweaking here and there, and for the last few cutscenes to be hooked up, and two or three goofy bugs stomped out.
    It could potentially be done by next Friday, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012

theme for september: 20 gravitars in ren cen
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    servers are up,but still no release notes......
  • Options
    zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    xtremly slow patching...
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited August 2012
    gimme patch notes please.. it patches so slow.. im am bored....do we get retcons?
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i wonder what's going on then. Maybe they're making a mad dash around the city to make sure everything is working as it should be? After what happened last time, i wouldn't blame them, but hopefully it's going smoothly for them. I am curious though what made it in.
  • Options
    slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ummm, is anyone else disconnecting... a lot? I went to Canada and after accepting a mission twice now the server just disconnects and when I get back in, I'm back to the Canada jet.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i wonder what's going on then. Maybe they're making a mad dash around the city to make sure everything is working as it should be? After what happened last time, i wouldn't blame them, but hopefully it's going smoothly for them. I am curious though what made it in.

so far all I've seen is the OP NA AT and that's about it,also Psimon seems to be bugged in his alert,he now regenerates HP.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Unfortunately, there are still no patch notes 30min after the servers were supposed to come up (even longer since they ACTUALLY came up), and the game is very buggy since the patch.

Psimon randomly jumps from 1/3rd health to 2/3rd health and seems to be having trouble with his final form

Nemcon alerts are broken with various issues with nemeses and the final boss

Canada is having serious DC issues

Random client crashes while exiting alerts

So far, that's the ones that i've seen. i've only been online 40min or so. i'm sure there are more that i've missed. Can we get some patch notes please, so we can at least see if the Psimon issue is a bug or a "feature"?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I saw on zone chat people saying Psimon was broken, but before getting disconnected continually in Canada, our team completed his Smash alert, and he didn't have that problem. His health was what it normally is, at least for our run.

• Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not only DCing like a boss at Canada, broken alerts, and so forth... But also my characters are all messed up and my worm head is missing!! D:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Uh-oh, Do I smell an emergency roll back coming... again?

• Options
    selaralselaral Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I saw on zone chat people saying Psimon was broken, but before getting disconnected continually in Canada, our team completed his Smash alert, and he didn't have that problem. His health was what it normally is, at least for our run.
    Only had a problem with him in soul siphon. So, maybe thats where it lies.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I sense an emergency patch......again
  • Options
    rajjypantsrajjypants Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Worm Head is invisible too. :( Mind Worm needs her head back.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I sense an emergency patch......again

Lol.. yeah...

2 strikes =p, maybe the third one will be the good one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can confirm that Psimon was broken in a Soul Siphon alert. He would do his rage monster thing at 1/3 health, then jump back to 2/3 when it was time for him to die. It was most un-sportsman like behaviour.

Canada seemed alright to me, it did patch up a lot of files on loading though.

Seems like quite a few bugs snuck through with this fairly large patch.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    had problems in the tailor hip wear was missing on a few costumes had to replace them.

Cryptic normally i can look passed most issues but this is the SECOND time in a week patches have become screwy get it sorted please.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This is the second bugged patch this month,wow,hopefully the one with Nighthawk and Franklin stone won't be buggy,I want my toon's jets to be bug free
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Not only DCing like a boss at Canada, broken alerts, and so forth... But also my characters are all messed up and my worm head is missing!! D:
    gregb wrote: »
    had problems in the tailor hip wear was missing on a few costumes had to replace them.

Cryptic normally i can look passed most issues but this is the SECOND time in a week patches have become screwy get it sorted please.

Were your costume pieces just de-equipped from your hero, or are they no longer available for you? Any details about the bug would be helpful.
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since the patch I'm no longer a member of UNITY, so I can't due the missions
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you please fix the Nighthawk costume set? you broke it with this patch. Right now, you can't use the chest piece with the cape at the same time... as its advertised on the Z-Store and Facebook. Please, this is killing one of my character costumes =S

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nighthawk hip was just missing from the costumes and like some one else posted couldn't use the chest and cape piece together.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Release notes are finally up!!!!

Wait,it said nighthawk spotting,yet Defender gives no mission,there something wrong with this?
    Major:
    -20% discount on most Costume Sets removed.
    -Night Avenger Archetype added.
    -Nighthawk spotted aiding and abetting known villain groups.

Other notes:

Items:
    -PVP: Malvan Emblem: Fixed a bug where this item would grant far more Stealth Sight than was intended. Should now grant the proper bonuses

Powers:
    Viper's Fangs: Energy Cost increased by ~2, Damage increased by ~11%
    -Tiger's Bite: Base Cost increased by ~15%, Charge Cost increased by ~21%, Damage increased by ~12%
    -Rend and Tear: Base Cost increased by ~33%, Charge Cost increased by ~66%, Damage increased by ~22%
    -Shredded: Now grants -10% resistance to all damage and an additional -10% to slashing damage, up from -2.5%

Controls:
    -Targeting: Targeting a foe should no longer cause a small stall in some cases.

Nighthawk Costume Set:
    -Resolved some conflicting categories w/ Nighthawk costume parts
    -Resolved issue where female Nighthawk cape would not appear on some cape mantles
    -Added Nighthawk cape to more cape mantle options (basic, collar and brooch)
    -Fixed Nighthawk bracers and boots to allow linking of color selection

Known Issue:
    -Legacy items have single word names. These items no longer drop in-game, but players who still have them in their inventory will notice a name change. This will not affect the item's functionality.
    -Target info window currently does not display character screenshot. This issue will be addressed in the next update
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Since the patch I'm no longer a member of UNITY, so I can't due the missions

This happened to me last week before they did the emergency roll back. I was actually in the UNITY building when I logged in, ready to pick up my next daily mission set. The computer told me I wan't a member of UNITY, which was odd since I was the day before.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Release notes are finally up!!!!

Wait,it said nighthawk spotting,yet Defender gives no mission,there something wrong with this?

What's wrong with a little lore and RP in the release notes? :biggrin:
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow alot of small bugs...Chat tabs..are bugged they change to the tab you did this to /say /gu and so forth..the bios are broken when you look at someones bio you see no portratt of the person the chat bubbles don't hold all the text within it. There are some hairs bugged out and it seems some of these bugs are that bad but...they need to be fixed quickly
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What's wrong with a little lore and RP in the release notes? :biggrin:

OMG that requires the HIGHEST OF FIVES o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just completed the Grav fight with about 5 people, Grav is back to her old self, lots of yellow bubbles. someare one right after the other. The only real problem is the lag, they seem to explode as soon as soon as you see them.

EDIT: Also, when finishing a Smash Alert, the pic of you XP is all messed up.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Cryptic See this please !!!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THREAD!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Re: Disconnects in the Canada zone -- stay tuned, we should hopefully have a fix in soon. Don't worry, the fix won't necessitate any downtime.

cascadence: Do you have the mantle piece accessory equipped?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    HELLO CRYPTIC ?

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164291

go check this?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Re: Disconnects in the Canada zone -- stay tuned, we should hopefully have a fix in soon. Don't worry, the fix won't necessitate any downtime.

I just took the UNITY Teleporter to Canada and it worked ok, no DC
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Seriously the patch notes said Nighthawk sightings,did we get the mission for him today or is that coming later?
    Major:
    -20% discount on most Costume Sets removed.
    -Night Avenger Archetype added.
    -Nighthawk spotted aiding and abetting known villain groups.

All I want to know is did we get the mission for him and Stone today???

EDIT:I have looked at the release notes again,it appears the sentence in red is no longer there....
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Oh wise turtled one! What about the missing or bugged costume parts?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This whole patch is garbage. Seriously, if the programmers are so incompetent to make things right it's just sad.

It's not like it happens once in awhile, but with every patch something else seems screwed up.

Also to this patch, the Sneak power needing Night Warrior, why may i ask? I have a char using a passive already so why should i have to retcon and choose a passive to have a power i want?

You know what you do Cryptic... kicking your customers in the ****... sry, but this is how i see it at the moment. Instead of trowing broken things in the game or add new stuff that seems not finsihed, how about instead first fix all other problems and fix bugs that bother players a long time now... Open Missions taht don't work, Nemesis Missions broken or vanish like with the Dual Blades/Void Nems and so on...
  • Options
    nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Oh wise turtled one! What about the missing or bugged costume parts?

The team is currently working to resolve all issues reported in this thread.
    We ask that - when reporting bugs - to include as many repro steps as possible, as this greatly speeds up the resolution process.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Point of clarification: The Nighthawk mention in the release notes was mostly lore. The main Nighthawk event is not yet on Live.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    The team is currently working to resolve all issues reported in this thread.
    We ask that - when reporting bugs - to include as many repro steps as possible, as this greatly speeds up the resolution process.

All in this thread? good read below:

Hey Cryptic .... you changed the sneak Power and you removed/changed Powers out of my Character....

Since that i cant play my character as i built her... means I NEED RETCON ..or lots of G to remove all powers...

Since IT WAS NOT MY DECISION that YOU changed my powers... i would ask you to give RETCON Tokens to ALL players who are affected by your power change....

starting with Shinigami@r9xchaos

OR give RETCON to everyone for compensation of that totally useless patch and remvoe after action that youve done at the last time...ATLEAST 1 RETCON...

PS. i also heard people cant select sneak anymore even in martial arts build.. WTF

thats yells for RETCONs....

EDIT*

I am a SILVER user but i am also a FREEFORM, now that youve made
    me unable to select this / changed my powers / removed an essential
    power from my build i would ASK you to GIVE A RETCON....ive not agreed with this... ive not asked for this ...NO i dont BUY retcon since YOU DID THIS TO MY CHARACTER!THERE ARE also other Players who have now ****ed up characters
    BECAUSE YOU decided to change things... now you need to give them
    RETCON ... and not only removing sneak out of our powers and
    leave us without a chance to change our builds.. PLEASE HEAR THIS!

Oh and dotn get me wrong.. i am about to buy AGAIN ZEN (( at the 1st september ( like i do every month )).. but i buy this to get more costumes ... not to fix your action changing my character oO

• Options
    nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The retcon issue is at the top my list of things to have fixed and rolled out as soon as possible :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for listening, il redirect your answer also in my SG and to Zone chat =)

Glad Cryptic listens <3
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Point of clarification: The Nighthawk mention in the release notes was mostly lore. The main Nighthawk event is not yet on Live.

Thanks for the clarification,this really had me confused for a second.