test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ao'Qephoth (Worm Guy) health regen.

wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Missions and Content
I'm a little concerned that Worm Guy seems to have incredible healing powers. At first I thought I was simply not doing enough damage, but tonight I captured a combat log during a Soul Siphon Alert, and the results are... well, astounding.

You have to bear in mind that in this particular alert, the group members unilaterally bailed out by the time there were 8 civilians left, so what you're seeing is Worm Guy's healing over only a fraction of the full alert (the first third? I can't remember how many civilians you start with).

Heal Subtotals:
Dark Life Drain 5628
Devour Essence 94117
Shadowfeast 150971

Yeah that last one is 150 THOUSAND HP.

Average heal per tick:
Dark Life Drain 562.8
Devour Essence 7239.77
Shadowfeast 4193.64

These last figures are the total of the healing divided by the number of spots I had in the combat log.

I know some builds can get through or negate this sort of crap, but seriously devs, you go and reduce Sentinel Aura by 70% then pull this sort of joke?

I'll avoid this boss for the time being until this is addressed, I suppose. Unless anyone has any strategies to ameliorate this?

EDIT: forgot to add, the group was level 18 to high 20's. 2 x Fire, Devastator, Might and Munitions. Should have been able to complete it, I'd have thought.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
Post edited by wacky99 on

Comments

• Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me break this boss down for you.

Ahem! How to beat Ao'Qephoth 101.

Chapter 1: Lifedrain

This is a 50 feet range darkness power that deals dimensional damage and heals the user every half second. When he uses this power, he will always say "Your soul will be mine!" as he thrusts his arm forward. This is your only warning and he says it just as he begins the attack so be ready.

How do I stop him from healing for insane amounts when he uses it on me? Block. Just hold block for its duration, and it will completely nullify the healing portion of the power. It's that simple.

I've watched players foolishly continue their assault while he drained their life and resorted 1/3 of his max HP. Do not underestimate how powerful Life Drains healing ability is. It's not built for damage first so players ignore it and keep attacking without thought. Failure to block this attack deals a severe blow to the teams progress. 1/3 or none. You decide. Your teammates decide.

Chapter 2: Devour Essence

This is a melee range infernal attack that deals toxic damage and heals the user every half second. Are you sensing a pattern here? Unlike life drain this has no text tell. You deal with this in one of two ways. Either you simply stay out of his range so he can't use it, or if you're melee just block.

It is critical that you block as quickly as you can when he tries to drain/devour. So pay attention. Aggro can be finicky when there is no dedicated tank so always be ready to block his drain/devour at a moments notice. You'll have to count on your teammates to follow through with this. When everyone does you'll severely cut down on his healing ability.

Chapter 3: Shadowfeast and his Overall ability to potentially restore his HP

So we've covered how to handle his two main self healing attacks, but what about his passive healing ability that is built into his shadow form passive. This is a bit trickier and will require a certain tool. This one tool will make the fight many times easier.

The heal debuff. More commonly known as Trauma. This debuff is available as an advantage on brute strike and haymaker. It comes built into ebon ruin. The pestilence passive also has the very same effect. This will essentially cut his healing strength in half.

Even if you don't have someone to apply a minus heal on him as long as you keep up steady DPS and block/kite his life drain and devour essence attacks you'll down him in no time. Just hope you don't get a bad pug that doesn't know how to block.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess someone missed the Tutorial part where you learn to BLOCK.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    elenahallelenahall Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now I wonder what PUG with an average level of 20 or 30 should be able to handle blocking for a good deal of the time + bring on enough DPS

Trauma or the like is VERY rare in PUGs so overall it's just another silly alert boss no one is ever going to play, because for most situations it's just not doable .. theres no preparation time to explain, no real chance to select someone with a heal debuff ..

It might be a fun boss for other situations but for a smash alert? Thats just ridiculous. There are groups out there that can't even handle 5k DPS so how are they supposed to take that boss down in 2 minutes if they can't even get him down to 95% .. simply not all all, blocking or not.

You can't expect every smash alert group to be pre-selected, because the point of smashs overall is to not worry about group selection and be able to just join a PUG.
    With the current player selection this means it has to be doable with even 3 supports or 3 tanks or the like in the group, who are not geared to the high end point .. just your average equipped guys. It happens quite often that the group consists of just 1 or 2 real DPS chars and 3 mixed ones or tankish/supportive chars.

For such a group, the damage output necessary with the pauses in order to block is not doable, as such I totally agree with the topic starter, it's just one of the avoid it if you can bosses.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Its kinda like watching folks murder themselves when fighting the Baron and his silly voodoo doll block.
  • Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    He can only target one toon at a time with his healing/damage powers, and it's always the one who currently has his aggro. This isn't hard. All you have to do is pay attention.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That part is not there anymore... :c :frown:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    chuckthestarchuckthestar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Of course, you could always be using power armor, which has a cooldown on block, plus lag, for sometimes upwards of 2-3 second response time. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    elenahall wrote: »
    Now I wonder what PUG with an average level of 20 or 30 should be able to handle blocking for a good deal of the time + bring on enough DPS

Trauma or the like is VERY rare in PUGs so overall it's just another silly alert boss no one is ever going to play, because for most situations it's just not doable .. theres no preparation time to explain, no real chance to select someone with a heal debuff ..

It might be a fun boss for other situations but for a smash alert? Thats just ridiculous. There are groups out there that can't even handle 5k DPS so how are they supposed to take that boss down in 2 minutes if they can't even get him down to 95% .. simply not all all, blocking or not.

You can't expect every smash alert group to be pre-selected, because the point of smashs overall is to not worry about group selection and be able to just join a PUG.
    With the current player selection this means it has to be doable with even 3 supports or 3 tanks or the like in the group, who are not geared to the high end point .. just your average equipped guys. It happens quite often that the group consists of just 1 or 2 real DPS chars and 3 mixed ones or tankish/supportive chars.

For such a group, the damage output necessary with the pauses in order to block is not doable, as such I totally agree with the topic starter, it's just one of the avoid it if you can bosses.

Thanks Elenahall.

Yeah, I've played since beta, I know how to block. Without any communication amongst team members - who are randomly selected - you have buckley's chance of downing Worm Guy as he stands. Thanks for the information about Shadowfeast though, I figured there had to be some way of negating a big chunk of his healing.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,393 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember that blocking tutorial, that's where they showed how bosses would have warnings before they hit you with the big attacks so you'd know when to block, but I guess they got rid of both the warnings and the tutorial. Usually if I'm a melee DPS fighting the Baron in an alert my first warning that he's using his voodoo doll attack is that I'm dead. I mean it usually only takes two or three hits to drop most toons and those hits come fast!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sigh and there was me thinking lifedrain and regen style capability.. Sounds like Shadow form to me, this is a job for Skarns Bane! So I got one of my skarns baners to try him out with. He did manage to heal up from half to full health I guess coz someone didn't block but interestingly nobody died during that outing and usually if you don't block stuff like lifedrain/Devour Essence it's pretty fatal. Shrugs maybe they did block and DE is nasty enough to have an effect through block?!
    We trounced him btw there were something like 2 x 40s a 38 and some lesser mortals.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I remember that blocking tutorial, that's where they showed how bosses would have warnings before they hit you with the big attacks so you'd know when to block, but I guess they got rid of both the warnings and the tutorial. Usually if I'm a melee DPS fighting the Baron in an alert my first warning that he's using his voodoo doll attack is that I'm dead. I mean it usually only takes two or three hits to drop most toons and those hits come fast!

Those hits, are your hits. He is simply returning your damage to you.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2012

He actually starts glowing before he starts reflecting... if you start blocking when the glow starts, you won't take any damage.

Not sure why I'm trying to help you though... I think it's hilarious watching everyone but me get slaughtered by their own leet dps :biggrin:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Those hits, are your hits. He is simply returning your damage to you.

Strange, I get hit even after I start blocking so he must have a ton of my hits stored up.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    He actually starts glowing before he starts reflecting... if you start blocking when the glow starts, you won't take any damage.

Not sure why I'm trying to help you though... I think it's hilarious watching everyone but me get slaughtered by their own leet dps :biggrin:
    If he does I've never spotted it. I have seen the voodoo doll pop out a few times but that's the best warning I get. The tells for these guys must be for higher graphics settings or something. Sometimes I can't even pick out the bad guy through all the clouds and fire and other visual effects. It would be nice if there were some sort of warning that didn't rely on the need to see the villain . . .
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    That part is not there anymore... :c :frown:

I meant when Defender yells: BLOCK!
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Just to get back on topic I did a radiation Rumble with with Ao'Qwphoth and he was completely broken. Our five man team was unable to even hurt him. This wasn't a case of him life draining back to full health or anything like that, we were simply unable to register any damage. So after 10 minutes or so of constantly pounding on him with but an occasional sliver registering (and then immediately disappearing) I gave up.
  • Options
    thisisgilsthisisgils Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just to get back on topic I did a radiation Rumble with with Ao'Qwphoth and he was completely broken. Our five man team was unable to even hurt him. This wasn't a case of him life draining back to full health or anything like that, we were simply unable to register any damage. So after 10 minutes or so of constantly pounding on him with but an occasional sliver registering (and then immediately disappearing) I gave up.

I think I was in that one with you. I got sick of yelling "BLOCK FFS" at everyone and bailed after a while.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In Radiation Rumble his Shadow Form regen is massively buffed, but everywhere else Ao'Q is easier. It's also one of the better boss fights in the game since there is a HUGE consequence if you don't block his Lifedrain and Devour Essence that doesn't involve getting one-shotted.
  • Options
    queenchangelingqueenchangeling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The problem is the level of challenge severely outweighs other bosses that are valid for the same alerts, while not giving any additional reward. Consequently whenever he turns up in the rotation almost no one queues for his alerts.

It's Rakshasa in smashes all over again.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    thisisgils wrote: »
    I think I was in that one with you. I got sick of yelling "BLOCK FFS" at everyone and bailed after a while.

Quite possibly :)

Where you playing with a ice tank called Sophia La Mort? Looked a bit like a female version of Mr Freeze? The problem there wasn't a lack of blocking, I'm sure it would have been a problem if the villain's passive healing wasn't so out of whack, but if you can't make any progress when he isn't using his life drain complaining about people not blocking it when he does use it is pointless IMO.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    In Radiation Rumble his Shadow Form regen is massively buffed, but everywhere else Ao'Q is easier. It's also one of the better boss fights in the game since there is a HUGE consequence if you don't block his Lifedrain and Devour Essence that doesn't involve getting one-shotted.
    The problem is the level of challenge severely outweighs other bosses that are valid for the same alerts, while not giving any additional reward. Consequently whenever he turns up in the rotation almost no one queues for his alerts.

It's Rakshasa in smashes all over again.

I don't mind tough fights, the additional reward I guess the feeling of accomplishment you get when you take them down, but they have to be within reason. The other night in Radiation Rumble wasn't reasonable.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    xeiros wrote: »
    How to beat Ao'Qephoth 101.

Excellent list of tips & tricks! There is an issue though, a compounded issue actually:

1. It's a RANDOMLY formed team most of the time. This means the odds of having both competently skilled players, players that even speak english or read their chat window, players with such a specific set of counters, and that everybody on the team blocks as your ideally indicated... Yeah... You've got about as much chance of getting a Harmon Catalyst from a grab bag! In short, nope.avi

2. There's little incentive to beat him, giving how annoying enemies like him and neo-Kevin Poe are. Epic challenges, epic rewards; as I have often said on gaming forums. I don't mind a selective, near-impossible challenge, if the reward is worth it enough, that finding a team of maxed-out & experienced players isn't to hard. But it's a crap reward for the challenge level, especially as a level 40 getting nerfed heavily by sidekicking down to 30.

How to fix?

1. Lower his damage resistance %, make him vulnerable to those who have high burst DPS that they charge up (i.e. sniper rifle, dragon's wrath, TK lance, gigabolt, ego annihilate, force cascade). Small ticks of damage he may be able to heal, but synchonized blasts of damage and good blocking by the team (as suggested by xerios) should be an alternate method to victory and can be undone by people not blocking, but make him feasable to beat without having to have trauma.

2. Educate the players. Spread the message on how to defeat that SoB and reinforce early & often that some things in this game need to be blocked. (Therakiel's spinning-sword AoE, Teleiosaurus radiation breath, life-draining bosses, Takofanes's AoE blast, etc.)
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its kinda like watching folks murder themselves when fighting the Baron and his silly voodoo doll block.

HAHA! You know when you word it like that it's actually kind of funny. Thanks sockmonkey! :-D

And yes, it's very disappointing the majority of people STILL don't understand that attacking him while he's blocking is what's killing themselves.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Nor it seems do many players understand block and spank...
    The Shadow Feast can be serious but what really screws your chances is some melee monkey not bothering to block devour essence.
    Yes this is hard to detect but in light of that I would suggest Block and Spank rather than tank and spank. Just block up wait for his aggro to go elsewhere then start attacking again. By just blocking you deny him a substantial self heal ergo you increase the probability of success massively.
    IMO the damage for Devour Essence and Lifedrain needs to be substantially increased so that players learn to block the dratted things. Nothing teaches blocking like death if you don't!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Nor it seems do many players understand block and spank...
    The Shadow Feast can be serious but what really screws your chances is some melee monkey not bothering to block devour essence.
    Yes this is hard to detect but in light of that I would suggest Block and Spank rather than tank and spank. Just block up wait for his aggro to go elsewhere then start attacking again. By just blocking you deny him a substantial self heal ergo you increase the probability of success massively.
    IMO the damage for Devour Essence and Lifedrain needs to be substantially increased so that players learn to block the dratted things. Nothing teaches blocking like death if you don't!

Catch 22 though, if you're blocking then you're not doing damage. And the clock is ticking! (just like his regen, as we established on the first page).

• Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One problem with Devour Essence is sometimes it does a hold before using it, so it's as good as unblockable :/
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    One problem with Devour Essence is sometimes it does a hold before using it, so it's as good as unblockable :/
    Can that hold go thru a block?
    As regards catch 22 you can't do any damage while your blocking but at least you're not just a gigantic self heal for the villain.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can that hold go thru a block?
    As regards catch 22 you can't do any damage while your blocking but at least you're not just a gigantic self heal for the villain.
    And then he turns on someone else (who probably won't get any kind of warning) to drain HP from.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It's... nevermind. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    gonzolo4584gonzolo4584 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quite possibly :)

Where you playing with a ice tank called Sophia La Mort? Looked a bit like a female version of Mr Freeze? The problem there wasn't a lack of blocking, I'm sure it would have been a problem if the villain's passive healing wasn't so out of whack, but if you can't make any progress when he isn't using his life drain complaining about people not blocking it when he does use it is pointless IMO.

I think I was also there with you playing with an exact "Judge bot" free form build..that build is chock full of resist debuffs and I was trying everything in the book..that was nuts!
  • Options
    manjimarufinmanjimarufin Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This guy is ridiculous. I had tried few other alerts and failed the ones he were in, ? thought it was just us sucking, but a moment ago I was in a group with my lvl 40 and we hammered him 10-15 minutes in the radiation alert. We never got him below full health.

At some point I think he bugged somehow and didnt go after anybody, and we managed to deal some 200000 hp damage to him, then he woke up and healed that to full in couple seconds!! This guy is utterly broken.

I dont normally go for drastic nerf rant, but now I do. Lifedrain powers on a boss villain need to be handled carefully. Ao'qephoth is an example of it done wrong.

Very funny, too bad it doesnt help.
    “Fear can create monsters where none existed before.”—President Marsden, Supergirl
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I dont normally go for drastic nerf rant, but now I do. Lifedrain powers on a boss villain need to be handled carefully. Ao'qephoth is an example of it done wrong.

I don't think it's lifedrain in Radiation Rumble that is causing the issues. He has some sort of passive health regen that's doing it.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ao'qepthoth's heal NEEDS to be looked at,I went into a good team for one of his alerts,a radiation rumble alert,and every time we did just a little damage to Ao....he heals like 50K HP!!!!!It is INCREDIBLY hard to beat him with AT and FF.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't think it's lifedrain in Radiation Rumble that is causing the issues. He has some sort of passive health regen that's doing it.

Yeah, it's what I reported when I started this topic. His Shadowfeast passive is off the charts.

I don't know if that Trauma debuff that Xeiros mentioned on the first page would keep pace with his healing in a Radiation Rumble. Someone was reporting in Zone two days ago that he was healing 480,000 every few seconds. Now even if they've mis-read that figure and it is 48,000 instead, that's still a hell of a lot of passive healing to burn through.

I wouldn't have started this topic unless something was seriously screwed up.

• Options
    foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just attempted Radiation Rumble with him. I was the tank. I blocked. That didn't even slow down his ability to heal from 2/3 (which is as low as everyone ever got him) to full whenever he damn well felt like it.
  • Options
    marssalmarssal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the biggest problem with Ao'Qephoth is that Shadow Form's passive heal is percentage-based. That is to say, it heals a percentage of his full HP. It's not too noticeable on a player, since we rarely have more than 10k HP (Half that or less without CON as a superstat).

On the other hand, alert bosses have well over 100k HP (I can't remember exactly how much Ao' has), meaning the heal suddenly becomes more than ten times as effective as it was before. Take that to a burst alert, and it's multiplied even further.

He is defeatable (In normal alerts anyway, never managed it in a burst), but he really does need to be toned down somehow. As other people have mentioned, he'd be fine as-is if her was a lair boss or something you had to prepare for, but to throw him into alerts, which are designed for PUGs, and require everyone to work cohesively together with no preparation time is a little much. You basically need either a team with collectively high DPS who knows how to block, or someone with the powers that can negate or reduce the effectiveness of his healing to even stand a chance (And both to be able to win reliably), which just isn't realistic to expect from a random alert PUG.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    foosnark wrote: »
    Just attempted Radiation Rumble with him. I was the tank. I blocked. That didn't even slow down his ability to heal from 2/3 (which is as low as everyone ever got him) to full whenever he damn well felt like it.

The one time I tried him in a burst, I didn't see his hp move, however the first time I fought him in a normal alert I had no clue what people were complaining about.

Considering I was running ER, trauma didn't seem to do a thing during the fight, I'd say that's a bit much.
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It makes me wonder if we made him the next Instanced Event guy, could 100 players defeat him? We usually just widdle down Clarence and Tako, but would enough players be able to take Radioactive Ao'Qephoth down? Currently each of the players in Radiation Rumble can do roughly 5x more damage, I wonder just how broken he is.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ao is even has an insane heal in Radiation rumbles too,at the most we took about 50 to 100K off of him before he healed it,and so on,til we all just gave up and left.:frown:

Ao's heal NEEDS to be taken off,hes practically invincible to us with that thing on!

At least with Tako,clarence,grond and so on,they cant heal,and just take a mob to take em,Ao however,well...Im not sure if even a Takofanes sized mob can take him
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Once upon a time I almost soloed it with Ebon Ruin and Smoke Grenade. Then the lv6 Blade had to do 5 suicide runs on it, conveniently giving it 5 opportunities to drain his HP and go back to full. I ragequit after that and never went into an alert with it again =x
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A slightly off topic but as he was mentioned here I have one question about Baron Cemietre or however his name spelled.

Does his block also reflects ranged damage or only melee ones? I died on his alert with one hit yesterday so I assume it reflects ranged damage as well. Just trying to be sure. Unluckily with all that shiny fx and pets and huge characters it is really hard to see if he is blocking or not, let alone seeing his person. :frown:
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Me, I'm gonna Skarn's Bane that sonofabaitshop next time I get the chance, we'll see how he likes that plus some Pestilence.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sidreus wrote: »
    A slightly off topic but as he was mentioned here I have one question about Baron Cemietre or however his name spelled.

Does his block also reflects ranged damage or only melee ones?

Oh, lawd-a-mighty, does he reflect ranged damage. I found that out when he threw that block up while my Orbital Cannon w/ Anvil of Dawn was warming up. "Hey, what's that voodoo doll for?"

/huge red number
    //faceplant
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    beastmagbeastmag Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    until the 8/24 patch, i never had a problem with this guy. but now? he is absolutely damageable.
  • Options
    koriel8koriel8 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tried him a few times...never saw his health bar budge.

Life is too short to PUG Ao'Qephoth.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    koriel8 wrote: »
    Tried him a few times...never saw his health bar budge.

Life is too short to PUG Ao'Qephoth.
    I couldn't agree more and I now never bother queuing for any Alerts that include Ao'Qwphoth. I'm not gonna rage about it... As far as I'm concerned, leave him in there for premades or otherwise people that want a "challenge", there are plenty of other Alert Bosses for me to play against that will rotate through if I wait 5 minutes.

:smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I couldn't agree more and I now never bother queuing for any Alerts that include Ao'Qwphoth. I'm not gonna rage about it... As far as I'm concerned, leave him in there for premades or otherwise people that want a "challenge", there are plenty of other Alert Bosses for me to play against that will rotate through if I wait 5 minutes.

:smile:

Pretty much this. If I had time and pre-made I'd be all over him.
    But NOW with a 2 year old+ and nearly none of the time I used to have, yeah pass.

There's other Alerts for XP that can be done. :biggrin:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • Options
    keaixiankeaixian Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Either they nerfed wormie or I have been having very good luck with the PUGs I have been getting. Back when I started playing the game I did a couple of his alerts and swore never again to do so, yet this last week I did pick a couple of those out of boredom and we slaughtered him very easily.

Give him a test run when you have the time.
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I haven't done one of the Ao'Qephoth alerts in over a week now, as I don't have the time to waste for no reward at all. The other alerts are fun, even when you fail, but failure isn't fun when the potential for victory is removed.

I agree with the previous posters that he should be made into an event or area specific super-villain or monster. With more damage from an open group, he should fall.

But right now,I say that anyone who has the patience and tenacity to bring down Ao'Qephoth should get some big fat reward - like a rank 8 mod or something!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did this last night, with trailturtle who was only level 22 at the time. Nobody died. Yeah, it's definitely not impossible. Just block when he life drains.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine