test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ao'Qephoth (Worm Guy) health regen.

2»

Comments

• ssholeroyssholeroy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've tanked everything up to and including Gravitar (soloing her painfully slowly since the entire team was dead); that said...

I jump in, hit Ao'Q a few times to get aggro, etc. (in tank role), then start blocking (Ebon Void); he ONLY targets me the whole time, and his health bar never moves.

I block everything he's doing, and he still regens like a mofo. Sorry, the whole "BLOCK FFS" sounds pretty lame at this point, without some massive debuffs to help overcome regen, this boss is a total "PASS" for most.

And in a BURST... fuggedaboutit.

-r0y
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree, this boss is a total joke, he either needs bringing into line with other alert bosses or removing from alerts. All he does at the moment is block an alert slot when he comes up as no one touches him in favour of every other boss.
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've played about every alert there is although some are much harder than others.

THIS GUY however...I've never...ever...seen him go below 3/4 of his health and even that was after being on a really good team who was tearing into him for 2 solid minutes. In the last few seconds he did his regen up to 100% health again.

Personally I've concluded that he's completely broken and can't be beat.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ssholeroy wrote: »
    I've tanked everything up to and including Gravitar (soloing her painfully slowly since the entire team was dead); that said...

I jump in, hit Ao'Q a few times to get aggro, etc. (in tank role), then start blocking (Ebon Void); he ONLY targets me the whole time, and his health bar never moves.

I block everything he's doing, and he still regens like a mofo. Sorry, the whole "BLOCK FFS" sounds pretty lame at this point, without some massive debuffs to help overcome regen, this boss is a total "PASS" for most.

And in a BURST... fuggedaboutit.

-r0y

That's because Shadow Feast doesn't care who has the most threat. I tested it out in a Burst when I asked my teammates to let me solo him after a few minutes of him healing up. I was able to solo him easily via sniping since I'm out of range of any of his drains but the moment anyone comes nears him, whether it be a player, a pet or NPC, he'll heal back up. In the end, when they just left his range and let me snipe, he went down pretty fast.

As for Smash and Grabs, it's easy for good DPS to outdamage his heals even when no one blocks.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tried this guy again today just to see if he's still broken. He is. I played a two minute drill with him, we took out his followers fairly quickly but with all five of us pounding on him we never dropped his health bellow the halfway mark on his first bar of health. By the time the two minutes were up he was fully healed. Please remove him from Smash missions.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shadow feast if the healing buff from shadow form
    whats so strange about shadow feast is that it does very little for player builds, yet is so massively OP for bosses
    only a 2.6% heal at rank 3, like a weaker the rush of battle spec
    but how many hp does the worm have? ohhhhhhhhhhh

maybe it would be better to give it a flat healing rate instead of a %
    i just realised i should have put this here as well
  • thelostone0thelostone0 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Short answer, with Skarn's Bane he's pretty easy. Without he's a living nightmare.

Shadow form: ~1% of max hp every second as long as he's doing damage. a 400k HP boss is therefore getting back 4k Hp every second whether you're hurting him or not, so long as he does even a single point of damage to one of the 5 people every 3 seconds. A 4 million hp boss (Burst Alert style) is getting something like 40k hp back every second. With a team of archetypes that's a lot to overcome. With a team that includes even a single idiot, that's darn near unbeatable. Especially when you throw in all the other means he has to recover HP. Conversely, my sorcery character has sat and spammed Skarn's Bane on him and managed to hit him hard enough that he actually kept losing health when firing lifedrain at me.

Please note, Skarn's Bane is by no means overpowered, it's one of the few ways you can be proactive as support and make an enemy more manageable for the rest of the team. Especially teams with a bunch of lowbies or the wrong ATs, or idiots, or some combination of the above. He's still dangerous, but no more so than the rest of the bosses, whereas without skarn's he gets avoided by any and all.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For some reason I did the Pyramid power mission with this guy in it... Well I thought I'd quit but it requeued me.
    No skarns bane there and well... I can tank, I can survive and I do damage but... What's the point I thought after a while?
    Did somebody suggest AoQephoth should be excluded from Pyramid Power? If so I agree wholeheartedly.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He should be removed from alerts, hes pointless! (or toned down to be inline with other bosses)

Hes at least 5 times harder than any other boss, and everyone ignores him and does other alerts, so all having him in the que achieves is temporarily locking out one option for people to do.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    in general, i think his health is either just broken or they've suped it up to be regen, because it's constantly refilling, regardless ow what attacks he's using. It's the Shadow Destroyer bug all over again. Frankly if they can't or won't fix it then they SHOULD remove him from the rotation all together until they can.