test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to repair PvP

bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
edited August 2012 in The Hero Games
1. Add 2000% HP to every Hero in PvP like in Burst Alerts but only HP not Damage!
2. Now PvP isnt "First Force Casquade = Win"
3. ????
4. Profit

Yo Cryptic, are you even play your own Game? Try some Tier 4 PvP its really fun.
Post edited by bjoernr on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bjoernr wrote: »
    1. Add 2000% HP to every Hero in PvP like in Burst Alerts but only HP not Damage!
    3. ????
    4. Profit

Yo Cryptic, are you even play your own Game? Try some Tier 4 PvP its really fun.

I'd still one shot you.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    I'd still one shot you.

Tell me more how strong you are in a broken PvP system... :rolleyes:
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    3. ????
    4. Profit

Problem is.. everyone would NEED to have Force Cascade or Sniper Rifle, people use it because it's the only way to put an end to a character cycling a crapload of active defenses, 13k hps, imbued convictions and ressurgences. People already have a hard time dying.

Nepht was trolling you, looks like it worked like a charm, bravo.

edited July 2012

I ain't strong but I'd still one shot YOU.

Cry some more.*
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »

You cant masterful dodge Nephts random. ITS IMPOSIBRU \o/

*PvP section expect to be taunted.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited July 2012
    Problem is.. everyone would NEED to have Force Cascade or Sniper Rifle, people use it because it's the only way to put an end to a character cycling a crapload of active defenses, 13k hps, imbued convictions and ressurgences. People already have a hard time dying.

Yeah. It totally trolled me.
    Just look how rage i am.
    Waaah. :mad:

:rolleyes: Seriously. Everyone who is defending the games balance .... its just broken.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah. It totally trolled me.
    Just look how rage i am.
    Waaah. :mad:

:rolleyes: Seriously. Everyone who is defending the games balance .... its just broken.

Thats the spirit man taunt back \o/

Also I think your idea of an extra 2000 hp has much merit and is a good idea thats easy to put in game.

Also shut up :D
    edited July 2012
    Yes it is broken, but it's not a 2000% hp augmentation that will fix it.

• lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    to Fix PVP we'd need something thats actually worth our time doing PVP,like say 4-5K Q in a daily for doing 3 PVP matches.Or BETTER costume unlocks and not that stupid luchador stuff.Perhaps when vehicles come out we can get special vehicles from the PVP vendors with acclaim?
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think at the very least the Malvan Emblem is worth spending Acclaim on. Sure it's the ONLY thing worth buying, but it's some sort of incentive. But sadly the only thing that can really fix the baron wasteland that IS CO PvP is to add more incentives for Acclaim purchases, as lotar mentioned.
  • aracos0aracos0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Are u kidding? :biggrin:
    ---

Ashanta - Playing EvE
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At this point they should concede and give us a secondary build.

That way we can all shoot eachother with FC and hop about with versatility like crackmonkeys like development envisioned, right?

This is UT pulse rifle instagib in low G with a better character creator, fewer maps, inherent aimbot, and more bad performance-hindering choices than ever before at the moment.

But I shouldn't insult UT. At least you have more combat options.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd still one shot you.

When she says she'd one shot you, it should be clear you're missing the point.

Hp isn't the big deal - as forz said you're stuck trying to break through fast cycling ADs, and that's not counting if they have a def passive or not.

We keep losing folks as each day goes by, and without a major overhaul of the system, starting with rewards, it's not gonna stop.
  • nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PVP is dead and gone, and the light from "dead and gone" will take a trillion years to reach where it will be at when the PTS patch rolls out.

It's not comming back, the development team did everything they could do to reduce the pvp community to nothing by breaking stealth sight, removing all of our acclaim rewards and making it abundantly clear that they hold no value, no regard for anyone or anything related to pvp so comming here to rage about a corpse is stupid.

The model now is a theme park MMO where people come stop by for a month or two, maybe they will spend a little cash maybe they won't and when they realize how bad this game sucks, how many bugs there are and no end game content they will move on, leaving some cash behind, rinse and repeat. There is no viability for PVP in a theme park MMO model. Time to move on.

• smuggl3rsmuggl3r Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dont mean to be rude, but adding to the big bag 'o hit points doesnt make combat cooler. Look at all the MMO PVE hardmodes out there where all it does is add HP and damage for mobs...doesnt make the game better...just more tedious.

same in pvp.

Longer matches is a side effect of good pvp gameplay/balance...not the means of getting good games.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Separate power adjustments for pvp, and some actual gear, seems like it'd be a better fix. And, yeah, pvp builds. Wtf is the point of like 6 build options when you can't actually friggin change anything on em?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Remove Ascension from the game. btw totally kidding about this, nerf this power instead

Take a good, long look at Imbue and fix every possible problem it has.
    - Imbue doesn't consume when used on a heal.

Make Active Defenses' shared cooldown unaffected by cooldown reduction.

Take a good, long look at stealth and fix every possible problem it has.
    - Too hard to counter, requires legacy gear and SS Int to even begin to think about it.

Suddenly, PvP is in decent shape.
  • spellchekcspellchekc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    none of these suggestions are going to work for this PVE centered game.

If CO needs PvP, then gut the whole system to change it's focus towards indirect competition- two teams trying to indirectly perform some task better than the other. Obstacle courses / races, DPS races, survival (last person standing against waves of mobs)- that kind of junk. There's a thousand ways to actually play up the strengths of the FF system and keep players competing against other players without falling into the pitfalls of having to balance every power or tier of powers without success (which is what's happened). Direct competition plays up the worst aspects of the FF system.

If you want FF balance and direct competition, there are tons of fun and interesting PvP games other than CO that fulfill that desire, and you should play there because those communities deserve you. If you're not seeking balance in PvP, then my guess is you're enjoying CO PvP as it is and as it has been.
    August 28th!
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Remove Ascension from the game.

- Too hard to counter, requires legacy gear and SS Int to even begin to think about it.

Ummm.. no

Here's the problem with PvP in this game..

..it's in a PVE game.

..like me it has no class[es]

You can't really have total or even great PvP balance in this enviroment unless you nerf powers that have perfectly good PvE uses.

And I for one and sick of PvP peanut butter getting in my PvE chocolate*. This is a PvE game first, PvP is hopefully an interesting side game.

Live with it.

And for the record, you fixes will not work, not in the long term. I've played this game long enough to know, it'll just be something new next week and PvE will have suffered for nothing.

In fact I'm pretty certain some powers never get made for the game, or their potential snuffed out because of how they'd effect PvP.

*ok, you're going to have to be of a certain age to get that joke. If not just read the food references out of the sentence.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    3. ????
    4. Profit

2000%. Seems legit.

nesn00000 wrote: »
    PVP is dead and gone, and the light from "dead and gone" will take a trillion years to reach where it will be at when the PTS patch rolls out.

It's not comming back, the development team did everything they could do to reduce the pvp community to nothing by breaking stealth sight, removing all of our acclaim rewards and making it abundantly clear that they hold no value, no regard for anyone or anything related to pvp so comming here to rage about a corpse is stupid.

The model now is a theme park MMO where people come stop by for a month or two, maybe they will spend a little cash maybe they won't and when they realize how bad this game sucks, how many bugs there are and no end game content they will move on, leaving some cash behind, rinse and repeat. There is no viability for PVP in a theme park MMO model. Time to move on.

This is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read. It's like you took the tears of a teenager who's parents made him look silly at his birthday party, and somehow translated them into a forum post. Well done.

Until the players get their hands on it again. If only we could keep them out of pvp somehow, then it would be perfect... hey wait! :)

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited July 2012
    This is why I prefer to stick to AT PvP, but it's pretty much fact that Ascension is THE power that totally shuts out melee players.

Also, it lets you skip the mobs in Hi-Pan's alert.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Problem is AT pvp pops even less than unrestricted...

I spent the better half of the day in the PH workin on one character - one way or another her pvp variant was practically following a template, but never to the point of satisfaction.

Waaaay too much work for something that continues to die a slow and painful death.
    edited July 2012

Wait wut shut up... that is hilarious :D

Cryptic are never going to remove moves that a lot of PvE players use just to keep the few of us that enjoy PvP happy.

They aint gonna piss off the many to make like 20 people in game happeh.

And its bloody useful in avoiding the Yin Yang attack.
    edited July 2012
    Admit that it would feel good, for a start. A good removal of Ascension. Or a change to make it cost advantage points?

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »

That didn't ever work.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2012
    Oh yes it does, but... randomly.

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Admit that it would feel good, for a start. A good removal of Ascension. Or a change to make it cost advantage points?

Destroying things that other people enjoy does feel good doesn't it? Haters unite!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited July 2012
    Bloody useful for avoiding the Yin-Yang attack... in a mission where we aren't supposed to have travel powers, period. This can also be done in the Warlord alert.

A melee user closes in and you just push Ascension to get away and heal up while you devastate them from above. Twelve seconds of free, unstoppable, unsnareable R3 Flight is a LONG time in PvE and PvP. Ascension also buffs healing, the strongest form of defense in PvP.

My Lock n Load doesn't give me free unsnareable-unstoppable R3 Acro for twelve seconds, nor does it make my self-heals more potent. Ego Surge doesn't give me unsnareable-unstoppable R3 Superspeed either.

As it is now, Ascension stands far above other Active Offenses. The flight it grants needs to respect Nailed to the Ground and travel power cancelers on maps, then maybe it'll stop being THE thing that unbalances PvP and breaks some PvE maps.

Also, Skarn's Bane is a horrible counter, because it likely won't even work, it self-roots and has a 50 ft range. Good luck getting within 50 ft of someone with Ascension on, who is quickly flying to 100 ft range so they can pelt you with Force Cascades and Ebon Ruins.
    edited July 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    Destroying things that other people enjoy does feel good doesn't it? Haters unite!

Yes I enjoy being a dark demon god creature from other dimensions and I'd be nothing without ascension.

edited July 2012
    Yes I enjoy being a dark demon god creature from other dimensions and I'd be nothing without ascension.

When I RP my dark demon god creature from another dimension, I always make sure to pack R3 Smoke Grenade, Ascension, Imbue and Ebon Ruin, so when some generic hero tries to punch me I can one-shot them and eat their souls.

True story, I was hanging out with my pals in front of Caprice and we had someone telepathically telling us that she was going to kill us. I look up her build on the NOW DEAD character page, and find out she has a carbon copy of Xeno's build.

Oh, pre-On Alert was so much better.
    edited July 2012
    Bloody useful for avoiding the Yin-Yang attack... in a mission where we aren't supposed to have travel powers, period. This can also be done in the Warlord alert.

A melee user closes in and you just push Ascension to get away and heal up while you devastate them from above. Twelve seconds of free, unstoppable, unsnareable R3 Flight is a LONG time in PvE and PvP. Ascension also buffs healing, the strongest form of defense in PvP.

My Lock n Load doesn't give me free unsnareable-unstoppable R3 Acro for twelve seconds, nor does it make my self-heals more potent. Ego Surge doesn't give me unsnareable-unstoppable R3 Superspeed either.

As it is now, Ascension stands far above other Active Offenses. The flight it grants needs to respect Nailed to the Ground and travel power cancelers on maps, then maybe it'll stop being THE thing that unbalances PvP and breaks some PvE maps.

Also, Skarn's Bane is a horrible counter, because it likely won't even work, it self-roots and has a 50 ft range. Good luck getting within 50 ft of someone with Ascension on, who is quickly flying to 100 ft range so they can pelt you with Force Cascades and Ebon Ruins.

Awww so sad people with Ascension pick on you ima so sad to hear that :D

I dont want to use ur crappy ego surge I want to use powers I like you seem to like to dictate what people should and should not use.

Next u'll say nerf FF lets all use AT's.

Did i tell you how sad ima feeling :D:D:D

If it aint nades or teleport or heck I even read a thread were someone wanted two gun mojo nerfed people are always nerf herding .

Meh ascension aint gonna get removed or nerfed it aint that great in the first place and the cooldown sucks to much .
    edited July 2012
    Are you so sure? With a cooldown-reduction heavy character, 45-40-or even 30 sec cooldown on Ascension isn't exactly unheard of. 12 seconds in the air is all you need to kill someone who can't reach you.

And you're right. It's unfortunate that Ascension will never be changed or adjusted to be more in-line with the other Active Offenses.

Love how you assume I play a melee or that I'm butthurt. This is why we can't have civilized PvP balance threads.
    edited July 2012
    Look if you want to ban certain powers from PvP, go for that.. fine don't care.

If they could figure out a way to lock-down certain powers in PvP and duels, fine..

Ask For That.

I'd be fine in supporting that.

Don't keep asking for total removal of a power just because it's a problem for you.

There is a primary part of the game for whom nifty powers is part of the draw, don't nerf that because the PvP community can't pay CO's bills on it's own.

In game as @forgemccain
    edited July 2012
    One problem with your post. This isn't just for me. I primarily play ranged characters, I can deal with someone spamming Ascension.

Can't say the same for melee people.
    edited July 2012
    One problem with your post. This isn't just for me. I primarily play ranged characters, I can deal with someone spamming Ascension.

Wither it applies to you or not, Don't ask for a power to be removed from the game because it inconveniences PVP players.

Ask for a PvP lockout instead.

I'm going to resist all efforts by the PvP community to harm the main game for their own balance whining. Not because I don't care, it's because it never ends.. the will never be an end to the balancing acts, ever.

I support the PvP community when they aren't trying to f-up the main game's powers, functions and areas. But that is all.

In game as @forgemccain
    edited July 2012
    There are no powers that are locked out in PvP to begin with, why start with Ascension? All it needs to do is respect travel power removers UNIVERSALLY, so nobody can cheat Warlord and Hi-pan.
    edited July 2012
    Cheat on warlord and hi pan?

Sure why not fix that, but who cares?

I would have swore this thread was about PvP

In game as @forgemccain
    edited July 2012
    And as soon as I mentioned get rid of/nerf Ascension, everyone started crying about it affecting PvE.

The subject's changed.
  • datslendermandatslenderman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What if Ascension were to grant two buffs when it is toggled? One buff would apply the heal buffs, damage buffs, hold break and all that goodness. The second buff would grant the flying ability (Ya know, the thing that makes it better than all the other active offenses). The flying ability will be considered a temporary travel power and can be shut down by nailed to the ground, but the actual offensive boosts remain.
    edited July 2012
    IMO, Ascension it self isn't so huge problem.
    But, its able to built up like Permanent-Ascension. And i feel it can be OP using it by myself. I can fly without any flight travel power.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-p_CIsHDMM

I say NO for "Bubble is OP!", but I have to say we need some fix for Permanent-Ascension.

It took long time, much Globals and player's energy to build this tho. xD
    edited July 2012
    Probably, Force Cascade need some fix like Gigabolt.
    CO-wiki wrote:
    Charging this power longer than 0.5 seconds will cause an Electrical Surge, preventing you from charging this power again for 8 seconds.

We don't need any Energy Form to be active for full charging Force Cascade now.
    Force Cascade became too much useful by AoPM. I'm using it myself too.

So many people are now using AoPM-Force Cascade (or Ebon Ruin)-Imbue-Conviction-Ascension-Masterful Dodge with over 10k HP, Doing Hero Game became like showroom of very similar copy builds now.

I think we need more Cryptic love for other Ranged/Support passive powers.

And I also think we need more love also for other Melee passives, not just upcoming Night Warrior.
    edited July 2012

So many people are now using AoPM-Force Cascade (or Ebon Ruin)-Imbue-Conviction-Ascension-Masterful Dodge with over 10k HP, Doing Hero Game became like showroom of very similar copy builds now.

I think we need more Cryptic love for other Ranged/Support passive powers.

And I also think we need more love also for other Melee passives, not just upcoming Night Warrior.

/Signed

Thanks for writing that what i cant with my poor english :)
    edited July 2012

You're sure it's Force Cascade that needs to be tinkered with and not ehm... AoPM?

edited July 2012

OK I'll turn off the snide just for you ( its hard very hard and it hurts :O )

I can deal with ascension with my melee toons use a lunge stalk the nub \o/

ASScension as I some times call because it isnt great at all, doesnt last long massive cooldown. Heck the few times I use it it is to break out of holds.

I would see your point if the damn thing lasts for like a min or so but were are talking 15 seconds here with over a minute for a cool down.
  • nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you want to help pvp, then help Dark Crusade and Altered Egos with organizing and sponosoring PVP events to bring more people and the interest back into PVP.

Otherwise these post are all talk because the DEVS will not put any time or effort into a single thing you or anyone else says until more people show interest in pvp.

Still we have broken turrets in SH, that cannot die, no acclaim rewards where before we had a full vendor, broken stealth mechanics that will soon get worse and unplayable against in PVP (34k CRITS from complete steath that cannot be countered even with legacy gear) 4k crit taps.

The list goes on.

Just let it die already, it was great in it's day but let it rest in peace.
    -
    -
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Melee is not viable in pvp because of ascension and smoke nade.

I'm honestly not amazed after 280 days to come back and still see aopm, ascension, fc/ER. Cycling AD as a core for a solid pvp build.

Ascension can be countered it requires line of sight and being smart; duels in MC only enforce ranged superiority because there is no Los to exploit, it's a bit easier in the games.

It's always been up to the community to make pvp fun. Arms race pvp was never fun and is probably why the pvp is so dead. That and on alert jacking offense through the roof.
    edited July 2012
    Oh for the salad days of uppercut spam complaint threads.

In game as @forgemccain
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Melee is not viable in pvp because of ascension and smoke nade.

But .. but ... Melee can kill everything with just one tap of DC .. right ? right ?? :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK I'll turn off the snide just for you ( its hard very hard and it hurts :O )

I can deal with ascension with my melee toons use a lunge stalk the nub \o/

ASScension as I some times call because it isnt great at all, doesnt last long massive cooldown. Heck the few times I use it it is to break out of holds.

I would see your point if the damn thing lasts for like a min or so but were are talking 15 seconds here with over a minute for a cool down.

If you're able to lunge and catch someone using Ascension, they're doing it wrong.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

If she has any sort of Flight, yes she can do it.
    Stun and Root affects someone using Ascension.

Using Hold is also one of the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-p_CIsHDMM
    03:58-04:03