test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about the planned vehicle system

balldrdashballdrdash Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Okay, I am certain damn near everybody was happy to see the plans for a vehicle system in the new UNTIL Field Report.

Of course, it's still being planned, etc, and there are only a few details yet, but I'd like to put a few questions out there about its implementation so that we have a better idea what to expect and maybe (hopefully?) so we can get some more answers and ideas out of the devs.

1) Will there be a level requirement for a vehicle, much like there are for travel powers? Personally, I imagine that it would depend on the vehicle, with a bigger/better one at higher levels, and little ones at lower levels.

2) Will they be restricted by account type? ie, will it be free for all, will it be gold only, or will it require a C-store... err... Z-store purchase for any and everyone who wants one, or will it be like the special archetypes and be included with gold subscriptions but available for purchase by silvers?

3) If it does require some kind of unlock (such as mentioned in the first two questions), will that be on a per character basis, or will it be account-wide?

4) Unless I misread the field report, it does sound like there will be limited customizability with regards to the look of the vehicles. Are there plans to, over time, start selling vehicle "costume packs" in the C... I mean Z-store?

5) What means of travel will vehicles have, and will some have multiple travelling modes? I mean things like how we have different travel powers for flying, for moving on the ground, for teleporting, for tunneling underground, etc.

I know that these things are still in development, but I hope that maybe getting a good discussion about these questions (and more from everyone else) will help turn this into the pretty awesome feature that many of us are hoping for.

Cryptic User

Post edited by balldrdash on

Comments

• Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You shouldn't really expect an answer from Cryptic. They will show us when they want to.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can see it now a Become Car/plane device.

Imagine all the Starscream clones :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, what was discussed seems to be a bit more involved than a couple "Become" Devices. I can't say anything for certain, but I figure they'd probably use a simplified version of the costume creator for them - with a few options for each "section" of the vehicle.

As for vehicle types, I'm thinking we'd see 2 types initially, and perhaps a 3rd later on; These would be cars, jets, and perhaps motorcycles later on.

What would be really cool is if one "top" option for jets was a helicopter rotor.

As for the cars - if they could get hover thrusters as options instead of wheels, that'd be really cool. Perhaps they could also have a hovercraft cushion/skirt as an option.

Regarding the jets, I'd like to see options for delta, conventional, forward swept, delta + canard, and small helicopter-style wings. Perhaps they could have a separate category for "wing pods" - these could be anything from cluster rockets, miniguns, lasers, or perhaps even retro sci-fi deathrays.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    From what I've read out of the UNTIL Field Report, the vehicles are not just Become devices. Seems to me like they are working on something like a mix of SWTOR's vehicle (mount) and ship combat systems.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    You shouldn't really expect an answer from Cryptic. They will show us when they want to.

Naturally, but I still wanted to get the ball rolling and get all of US in a thread telling them what we think and what we want and what we want to know. That way, theoretically and hopefully, at least some small bit of what we're really wanting will make it's way into the final product. And hey, if some of the devs come and talk to us about it in the meantime, all the better. Might as well leave the door open.

Besides, most of the time, I'm fairly quiet except when things go screwy around here, and I thought it'd be nice to do something else for a change. =P

Cryptic User

• Options
    edited July 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I can't say anything for certain, but I figure they'd probably use a simplified version of the costume creator for them - with a few options for each "section" of the vehicle.

I'm imagining that it will be something along the lines of STO's starship design system, where each class of vehicle has one fixed general design, but the sub sections each have 2-5 particular options to choose from.

like for a motorcycle, for instance, there might be three sections, a front wheel/handlebar, a back wheel, and the seat/engine. then there would be a few options for each of those, but the basic configuration would still be the same.

Granted, I'd prefer something as awesome and open as, say, a Spore-style vehicle designer, but based on what I've seen Cryptic's engine doing in the past, this is more what I expect.

Cryptic User

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    More than likely it will be based on the STO ships system. Which IS very detailed and customisable, but not unlike glorified become device system.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In the until report,it said that the vehicles will have "gear",so it will be more or less like another build,since we can put different weapons,boosters,plating.It does kind of sound like the STO ship system but maybe it will be somewhat different.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd love a motorcycle in game.

I just hope they put restrictions on where the vehicles can go. SWTOR was horrible in that area. People riding their speeders through the space station and all you can see near the vendor is this blob of vehicles, because players can't be courteous enough to dismount.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay I got a question maybe a bit off the point, not really for cryptic but perhaps a modelling/engine savvy player.
    Is it feasible to do animals as TPs? The engine seems very geared toward 2 legged entities but there are vehicles and stuff.
    Giant bird, Pegasus, Drake (small dragon thing), horse, Llama.
    Is it a reasonable request to put to cryptic or does it demand too much of the engine/modelling dynamics?
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My theory is, as others have stated, the vehicles will be akin to STO star ships, which, let's face it, are basically customizable Become A devices...

They will likely all be enclosed in some way so they don't have to deal with new character animations. This would exclude any open air transportation modes, such as uncovered motorcycles, convertables, and animals...

They will be in the C-Store (just because it now takes Zen doesn't mean it's not still the Cryptic Store) for comparable prices to the STO ships, so expect to pay anywhere from 1000 to 2500 Zen for them. There will be a few available in game, but the best ones will need to be purchased...

Cryptic has been trying to find CO version of STO star ships for a while. What I mean is, something they can sell in the C-Store for a high cost that folks will buy repeatedly. They tried it with those Mod Enhancers (or whatever they're called) and they have failed miserably; WAY too high of a cost for such little gain...

If they do vehicles right, this could be the CO money maker they've been looking for...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will we get vehicles for the retro scifi crowd? Specifically Rockets like this: http://www.geocities.ws/ciocc_cat/moondog3.jpg and Saucers like this: http://forgetomori.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/adamski.jpg or this http://top50sf.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/evfs-attack-color.jpg

Also the pulp crowd may well want a Dirigible and/or early fighter plane as well as the absolutely neccessary streamlined roadster.

Basicly I'm hoping that when we get the new vehicles we get a small range at the start that nevertheless gives at least one vehicle for each major age/style. I'd hate to have to wait ages for a retro vehicle of some sort while there are multiple iron age jet and bike options already because too much focus is on just one subgenre.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it feasible to do animals as TPs? The engine seems very geared toward 2 legged entities but there are vehicles and stuff.
    Giant bird, Pegasus, Drake (small dragon thing), horse, Llama.

It's something I'd like to know too because when I look at my toons, I'm not really sure any kind of vehicle would go. I'm probably weird and take RP too seriously but my Tehuantl, basicaly a Jaguar Warrior, wouldn't fit in a car (even a jaguar^^;), whatever the design :tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oddly, that's part of the reason for the ban, as it turns out.

Perfect World Entertainment, you see, is a subsidiary of PW; they're headquartered in northern California, not far from Cryptic's own HQ. They administer licensing for all PW games in the West. It apparently never occurred to anyone in the PW hierarchy that they might one day acquire a game that was already licensed internationally, and wouldn't need to have the license administered by PW at all. So, in their draconian fashion, they split it up in the usual way, with the Eastern regions under PW's direct control - except that there aren't multiple servers for Cryptic in multiple countries, so there's no physical plant for PW to take over in their region. End result is that unless PW pulls their collective head out, they're preventing people in certain countries from playing a game PW owns, in a move purportedly protecting PW from encroaching on itself.

The solution is relatively simple - program in an exception on the ban for games from Cryptic - but the hard part is getting officials in China to understand...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lokikin wrote: »

If they do vehicles right, this could be the CO money maker they've been looking for...

Unless they're like hideouts (neat in concept, but not really "fully developed" as proven by the "empty moonbase rooms"), or the Nemesis System (still glitching when you choose to create a Dual Blades or "Darkness"/Shadow Nemesis), or like the Comics/Adventure Series (which were supposed to be The Future Of Cash-Generating Content for the game, but then became free to all), or the On Alert 'revamp' (which has introduced or at least drawn attention to more persistent bugs to the game than I care to list here), etcetera.... Basically, the point I'm trying to make is as follows: This is just another thing they're throwing at the wall to see if it will stick/generate a bunch of cash. Don't expect FULLY-FUNCTIONAL anything from Cryptic World until they've got some sort of portfolio of "fully functional stuff" to back up their CONTINUALLY half-hearted promises.

I know it's cynical of me to state this so bluntly, but this game has conditioned me to be a cynic when "New Features" are promised. :frown: Oh, how's that 'region banning' problem been sorted out? What? It hasn't been, and nobody is giving us ANY sort of update? Hmmm. This whole thing smells of misdirection. "Hey! Lookit! You can have a vehicle! That will keep you from noticing that people are being chat-banned/region-banned! Oh, and they won't care that the game is buggy if they can FLY A HOVERCRAFT!!!!" They really MUST think we're easily distracted by shiny objects. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm personally hoping for simple helicopters like we already have in-game. Or our own Osprey gunship. :smile:
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm fairly certain the vehicles and their customisation options will be pricey and geared towards being profitable, but I can deal with that when it comes to deep new features such as this.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will Golfs get one for free like Hideouts?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I must have a Herkimer Battle Jitney.

Im not asking for much, am I? :biggrin:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bdragon4co wrote: »
    Will Golfs get one for free like Hideouts?

Golfs? Are those somekind of yuppie subbers?
    The whole 'Vehicles' will be under Q-Store. I expect prices like 1.000.000.000 Q's per vehicle.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will they move faster than current travel powers? One of the very early changes was slowing down travel powers because client / server latency was causing all sorts of rubber banding.

If vehicles are faster then I'm interested, otherwise meh.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    emberstaembersta Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any flying Nimbus? or maybe.. flying skateboard, football, Nintendo 64.. I'm just kidding. I really like the sound of vehicle. :tongue:
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The whole 'Vehicles' will be under Q-Store. I expect prices like 1.000.000.000 Q's per vehicle.

Well, if you're right, I'm not scared at all. Considering the current exchange rates, 1.000.000.000 Q are what? 4 Zen? 4 and a half? :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    like the Comics/Adventure Series (which were supposed to be The Future Of Cash-Generating Content for the game, but then became free to all)

Just thought I'd point out...

ALL of the Adventure Packs were released well before CO went F2P. The Comic Series actually came out after F2P and were never charged for...

Neither were ever considered "The Future Of Cash-Generating Content"...

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Finny! I heard you farmed a billion Q! That's really good...

Now, why don't you put that talent to good use and farm me up a Mai Tai...

There's a good lad...

Laws yes!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Finny! I heard you farmed a billion Q! That's really good...

Now, why don't you put that talent to good use and farm me up a Mai Tai...

There's a good lad...

I wonder how hard it'd be to find Orgeat syrup in Finland... probably have to make his own.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    All the ingridienst of orgeat syrup can be found in nature here at Finland. The Mai Tai is a common drink in finnish bars.
    Also the farming of billion Q's, it's not true. I farmed 2.3 billion.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Will these things be able to go to a different zone without taking the super jet,I mean,if we have our own jets,then why would we need to even go near the super jet when we have our own form of transportation and we don't have to ride somebody else's jet.Also will these vehicles be bound,account bound,or not bound at all?
  • Options
    adefesioadefesio Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, i can imagine some ARMS and SCIENCE based vehicles, but what about mysticism based vehicles?

A wizard/demon/golem/fairy etc will look kinda odd riding a Car or an aircraft...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    adefesio wrote: »
    Ok, i can imagine some ARMS and SCIENCE based vehicles, but what about mysticism based vehicles?

A wizard/demon/golem/fairy etc will look kinda odd riding a Car or an aircraft...

Unless its a broom. I could go vroom vroom on a broom. :biggrin:

In all seriousness. I don't think they are doing this with the expectation that they will fit everyone and every concept. That, really, would be impossible.

What kind of vehicle would you use for a Power Armor character...arnt they already in a vehicle?
    What about speedsters like Kinetic...any vehicle would most likely just slow them down.
    And some characters are just to cool to drive. Like you'd really see Superman in a Supes-mobile.

But for every exception, there is some character or concept that really needs vehicles to be complete. So rather then try to focus on making a system that fits EVERYONE. We really need a system that's best for those that are more inclined to fit.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012

There will nobody riding anything. The problem is that they can't do all the amimations
    that would be used for characters using a mount and then fight from there. That maybe
    possible on a horse .. but already a problem on a motorcycle .. and how would you
    use maybe sword cyclone or haymaker while sitting inside a car ?

So what we will get will be devices that transform you in a car, and then you can maybe
    shoot some rockets and missilese or guns as that car.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    well they did say in the until report that the vehicle system would let the vehicle have a load-out of weapons,defensive gear,and utility gear.So it sounds like we will be able to get weapons that can be put onto the vehicle,and stuff to enhance its defense,and even rocket boosters for utility.It more or less sounds like the ship system in STO.If thats what they were aiming at alot of the good vehicles will probably be in the C store,while the fairly good ones will be available in game,Which I suppose everybody will have to have at least 1 vehicle,seeing as how they hinted at vehicle centric maps and vehicle only PVP.
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    And some characters are just to cool to drive. Like you'd really see Superman in a Supes-mobile.

You mean like this? :biggrin:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Supermobile.jpg/250px-Supermobile.jpg

Not making any real point here, just couldn't resist posting that
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    There will nobody riding anything. The problem is that they can't do all the amimations
    that would be used for characters using a mount and then fight from there. That maybe
    possible on a horse .. but already a problem on a motorcycle .. and how would you
    use maybe sword cyclone or haymaker while sitting inside a car ?

So what we will get will be devices that transform you in a car, and then you can maybe
    shoot some rockets and missilese or guns as that car.

This doesn't necessarily mean everything will be enclosed, however it is likely.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

But they could make Magic Cars...
  • Options
    edited July 2012

ALL of the Adventure Packs were released well before CO went F2P. The Comic Series actually came out after F2P and were never charged for...

Neither were ever considered "The Future Of Cash-Generating Content"...

You kinda missed seeing the "forest" because "a tree" was in your road. For those who didn't quite appreciate the similarities I was trying to point out: At many points we've be "introduced" to Awesome New Features that have turned out to be halfhearted, and then abandoned. Why expect anything different from "Vehicles"?

That's my point, not whether or not they'll ... Y'know, I'm not even sure why you felt the need to rebut my point about "selling mission packs". You didn't really go anywhere with your digression, as far as I can tell... :confused: But if neither were supposed to be "cash generating", why weren't APs made free sooner? But, as previously mentioned, that's not even the point I was trying to make. :) They'll throw us a broken bone, and then hope we're happy puppies.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

You kinda missed seeing the "forest" because "a tree" was in your road. For those who didn't quite appreciate the similarities I was trying to point out: At many points we've be "introduced" to Awesome New Features that have turned out to be halfhearted, and then abandoned. Why expect anything different from "Vehicles"?

That's my point, not whether or not they'll ... Y'know, I'm not even sure why you felt the need to rebut my point about "selling mission packs". You didn't really go anywhere with your digression, as far as I can tell... :confused: But if neither were supposed to be "cash generating", why weren't APs made free sooner? But, as previously mentioned, that's not even the point I was trying to make. :) They'll throw us a broken bone, and then hope we're happy puppies.

Oh, I understood your point perfectly. My issue was not with your point...

My issue was that you made an incorrect statement to support your point. Which pretty much calls the entire point into question. Just not a good debate tactic...

And it wasn't a "digression", it was a "correction"...

:wink:

Laws yes!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Unless its a broom. I could go vroom vroom on a broom. :biggrin:

In all seriousness. I don't think they are doing this with the expectation that they will fit everyone and every concept. That, really, would be impossible.

What kind of vehicle would you use for a Power Armor character...arnt they already in a vehicle?
    What about speedsters like Kinetic...any vehicle would most likely just slow them down.

But for every exception, there is some character or concept that really needs vehicles to be complete. So rather then try to focus on making a system that fits EVERYONE. We really need a system that's best for those that are more inclined to fit.

Easy Solution: the vehicle-less vehicle. For those powered armour and super-duper folks you allow them to have vehicle powers without the becoming a vehicle image. So their body and animation doesn't transform but remain as normal while they get the new attacks and manouverability of the vehicle. That way a power-armour or pure-power character can still stand up to vehicles and be involved in vehicle-based missions.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As for 'vehicles for every type of character': Probably wouldn't get my hope up if I were you. The game tries to cater to a variety of players, but some things just can't be for everyone. This might be one of those things, and I imagine something else will suit the more mystic players like the emanation points for wands and staves and such, which I doubt we'll ever see converted over to munitions (Arm/wrist machine guns, etc). Like it was said, some characters are 'vehicle types'. Ghost Rider needs a bike. Batman needs a car. Wonder Woman needs a jet. Superman doesn't need any of it. The best advice I have to offer is maybe, if you RP, you can have your 'civilian' ride if such models exist. Not everything they make is going to suit every type of character, you might as well get used to it- so far like 3 or 4 costume sets have been remotely useful to my character. The more people whine and complain and try to over-complicate this, the more likely the idea is to get pushed back further away from the people who actually want this stuff as the concept is presented.

I'm holding them to the 'exterior maps' thing, because honestly the last thing we need is trolls plowing through social areas with their vehicles. Otherwise, I simply hope motorcycles are on the agenda and the customization will range from 'sleek' to 'rugged' with all vehicle types.
  • Options
    florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Easy Solution: the vehicle-less vehicle. For those powered armour and super-duper folks you allow them to have vehicle powers without the becoming a vehicle image. So their body and animation doesn't transform but remain as normal while they get the new attacks and manouverability of the vehicle. That way a power-armour or pure-power character can still stand up to vehicles and be involved in vehicle-based missions.

Why not for power armour have them sprout wheels at their hands and feet and they lie flat and move like a car :D

They need to make vehicle only maps where a form of pvp can take place like racing or something
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »
    Why not for power armour have them sprout wheels at their hands and feet and they lie flat and move like a car :D

They need to make vehicle only maps where a form of pvp can take place like racing or something

Yepp .. creating new Maps for just Vehicle-PvP is much more important than creating maybe
    new Zones for ALL players :rolleyes:

No really .. if they do something like that, they prove again that they are the masters of
    creating content that nobody really wants instead of finally make something where the
    great majority waits for since years.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Yepp .. creating new Maps for just Vehicle-PvP is much more important than creating maybe
    new Zones for ALL players :rolleyes:

No really .. if they do something like that, they prove again that they are the masters of
    creating content that nobody really wants instead of finally make something where the
    great majority waits for since years.

Way to ***** at a guy that was only saying some ideas...

Watch me over use rolly eyes \o/ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lsya wrote: »
    I'd love a motorcycle in game.

I just hope they put restrictions on where the vehicles can go. SWTOR was horrible in that area. People riding their speeders through the space station and all you can see near the vendor is this blob of vehicles, because players can't be courteous enough to dismount.

^ QFT. This is important!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The "new" city zone is in development for much longer than vehicles now. The Hawkwing will be only a prototype.
    It's easy to see what costs more time: New normal zone < new zone designed for mechanics that aren't even in beta phase yet.
    So I'm pretty sure we will see the new zone before vehicles really become a thing in this game.

The vehicle PvP idea was also in the UNTIL Field Report, btw.
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Call dibs on the White Tiger Megazord.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see already alot more work for the traffic policeman since the NPC cars drive already sometimes like crazy and then come all those supers with ther gun-toting cars and maybe bikes too.

Luckily the most of my chars are fast enough on their feet. :biggrin:

And even more luckily the setted vehicles at just exterior areas, so no cars at the bar in Caprice.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if team members will be able to travel inside your vehicle,I mean a car has like several seats in it,and a jet has at least 2.Also they'd have to be faster than most TPs to be functional and for people to use them.

The "new" city zone is in development for much longer than vehicles now. The Hawkwing will be only a prototype.
    It's easy to see what costs more time: New normal zone < new zone designed for mechanics that aren't even in beta phase yet.
    So I'm pretty sure we will see the new zone before vehicles really become a thing in this game.

The vehicle PvP idea was also in the UNTIL Field Report, btw.

I think the vehicles would be here before the new zone,the hawkwing one is coming next month,so I estimate that the rest will come in September or October,if they already put out 1 vehicle then they already have the system worked out the way they want it,so theres no need to delay putting it in game
  • Options
    cordocacordoca Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think someone mentioned there was support for 4-legged creatures, the only think is that the character is supposed to be "unseen" cause it must be "inside" the vehicle.

They could do stuff like Animal based Golems (Wolfs/Tigers/even a Turtle/etc) with some sort of cockpit/Large obnoxious Crystal were the character would be supposed to be in.

Maybe even some Flying ships/Air animal-based golems (Or Flying Whales and Narwhals Constructs, cause Narwahls are simply awesome) As long they have a structure for your character to be hidden inside.

(Drop a cheezy idea, a Floating Crypt, a little structure on a mini floating island,you can customize it with Egyptian/Incan/Aztec/Lemurian Weapons and Deco)

Or just at parts/skins that look Mystic based to the other vehicles.....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I knew something was tickling the back of my brain after reading this...

Adefesio, look up Robert Heinlein's two linked short stories (often published as a single novella), Waldo and Magic, Inc. In addition to giving us the name for teleoperated devices used in, for instance, radioactive containment or "clean" rooms, it also presents ideas for cars that operate on magic...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Way to ***** at a guy that was only saying some ideas...

Watch me over use rolly eyes \o/ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

... Thanks for contributing, um... Well, I honestly have no idea what your point is. People aren't allowed to disagree with ideas, and state the reasons why they disagree? Is that REALLY what you're getting at? Or are you just trying to be your usual "komikal lulzKat" self? Because if you're trying to make a SERIOUS point, what I actually got out of your post was nothing more than "watch me mock this person for daring to disagree".:rolleyes: (see? I can has smiley too.)