test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Points Conversion

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Posts: 7,829
edited July 2012 in Super News Network
Starting this Thursday, Cryptic Points are converting to ZEN. Read more for a link to our FAQ.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it too much to as that these FAQs and other "informative Q&As" be checked and reviewed so they actually reference Champions Online instead of Star Trek Online?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is it too much to as that these FAQs and other "informative Q&As" be checked and reviewed so they actually reference Champions Online instead of Star Trek Online?

Hm .. i always see CO and STO mentioned in the FAQ.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Hm .. i always see CO and STO mentioned in the FAQ.

From the FAQ:

Q: I was on the Tribble Test Shard and the C-Store currency is ZEN but the prices haven't changed. What's going on?
    We are still rolling out the conversion to Tribble and the prices should be updated soon. Please bear with us during this process. Prices on Tribble are not a reflection of how prices will look in-game once this conversion is complete.
    NOTE: The ZEN conversion and C-Store price changes will take place simultaneously on Holodeck and CO Live so you should not see a discrepancy at that time.

This is relevant for CO how, now?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • slapperfishslapperfish Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (deleted)
    Post edited by slapperfish on
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    From the FAQ:

Q: I was on the Tribble Test Shard and the C-Store currency is ZEN but the prices haven't changed. What's going on?
    We are still rolling out the conversion to Tribble and the prices should be updated soon. Please bear with us during this process. Prices on Tribble are not a reflection of how prices will look in-game once this conversion is complete.
    NOTE: The ZEN conversion and C-Store price changes will take place simultaneously on Holodeck and CO Live so you should not see a discrepancy at that time.

This is relevant for CO how, now?

The games use the same engine. The store itself uses the same engine. It makes sense to test once, apply twice if you have your version control under ...control. They DO reference CO in the 'Note' at the end. I don't fault them for looking at them as the same 'thing' in this particular instance.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Crosses fingers that this will go smoothly*
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can no longer buy CPs for my brother, partner and friends? Well that sucks. I don't know of a local retailer that stocks PWE cards.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • podsixpodsix Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know of a local retailer that stocks PWE cards.

Here's some stores that stock them: https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store - there's a a picture of some of the cards there too, so you'll know what to look for. The cards say "Perfect World" on them just like the logo at the top of these forums.

Looks like some of those stores even sell the cards through their websites. (target, for example)
  • rjr2409rjr2409 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can no longer buy CPs for my brother, partner and friends? Well that sucks. I don't know of a local retailer that stocks PWE cards.

well have u checked gamestop around my place theres a gamestop that sells pwe cards
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Am I wrong or is this pretty much the last vestige of Cryptic disappearing from the game?

Is there even a Cryptic Studios anymore? Or have they been subsumed like Bioware was under EA?
    edited July 2012
    Am I wrong or is this pretty much the last vestige of Cryptic disappearing from the game?

Is there even a Cryptic Studios anymore? Or have they been subsumed like Bioware was under EA?

Well to be fair, Atari was in the midst of absorbing Cryptic when it decided to sell it off. Remember when we got converted over to "Atari Tokens" and suddenly all support had to go through the atari site, and we were getting handed down rules that banned the use of languages other than English on the forums, etc etc.

This is actually a good sign though. It means that Perfect World has fait in the success of their ownership of Cryptic and it's IP licenses.. and wants them, their customers, and their profits to be a integral part of the Perfect World machine.
  • astaziaastazia Posts: 51
    edited July 2012
    If we are still going to have to fumble around with game specific points then why bother making this change? It's not going to ease any confusion, in fact it's just going to cause more as people try to spend their "Cryptic/CO/STO Zen" on other PWE games and fail. The point of merging currencies into one is to actually merge them into one, not have 4 different currencies that are all called Zen.
  • stormson99stormson99 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's listed in the FAQ but isn't clear.

Q: What happens to the Dilithium / Questionite Currency Exchange in-game?
    All open orders in the Exchange will be automatically withdrawn as part of the ZEN conversion process. Any C-points or Dilithium/Questionite that were escrowed as part of an open order will be returned to the player?s Exchange Balance. The ZEN in your exchange balance will be converted from C-points at the 1.25 to 1 rate. Your in-game Exchange log will show the orders being automatically withdrawn.

Does this mean the Questionite exchange is being taken away and all current orders returned to the players? Or is it just temporarily returning the resources, and then they're converted to Zen, and then the exchange will still be open and available to players, but run off Zen?
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stormson99 wrote: »
    Does this mean the Questionite exchange is being taken away and all current orders returned to the players? Or is it just temporarily returning the resources, and then they're converted to Zen, and then the exchange will still be open and available to players, but run off Zen?

I think it means all current orders get cancelled and return to the player to get converted, then the player can play a new order with Zen. But the Q Exchange itself will stay.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

edited July 2012
    Q: What happens to the Dilithium / Questionite Currency Exchange in-game?

All open orders in the Exchange will be automatically withdrawn as part of the ZEN conversion process.

All open orders will be cancelled.
    Any C-points or Dilithium/Questionite that were escrowed as part of an open order will be returned to the player?s Exchange Balance.

If you were selling C-Points, you'll get those C-Points back, if you were selling Questionite, you'll get that Questionite back.
    The ZEN in your exchange balance will be converted from C-points at the 1.25 to 1 rate.

Your C-Points balance(s) will become 1.25x as much (the number will go up), and the points will be called Zen.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What about those cryptic time cards? The one that are prepaid, non-recurring, 30 or 60 days of gold membership?

Are those going to be removed too?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • durza901durza901 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Try using an Ultimate Game Card (UGC). They do the same job and they are found a lot of places. I usually get mine from walmart.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As long as my "Single Game" points are spent first with a C-Store purchase before my stipend points, I'm fine with it.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As long as my "Single Game" points are spent first with a C-Store purchase before my stipend points, I'm fine with it.

My understanding is that when you purchase ZEN it goes into a Wallet. You then pick which game you want to transfer ZEN to and it is moved to your balance for that game. Once the ZEN is, for lack of a better term, "assigned" to a specific game it can't be moved back out for use in a different game. Our stipend points will go straight to our CO balance. Once the points are in our CO balance they are effectively all the same and it doesn't matter which points get used first.

I welcome corrections, verification, and/or ridicule from the masses.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Occasionally I like to buy some points for my son and nephew. That used to be easy to do online. I bought virtual points cards and gave them the activation codes. Is there away to do this with Zen? So far I can't see one. Do I have to go to a physical store and buy a card? For my nephew I'd then have to mail it to him. This seems so primitive compared to what existed before. But, perhaps I'm just missing the page which tell me how to buy points for others online?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Occasionally I like to buy some points for my son and nephew. That used to be easy to do online. I bought virtual points cards and gave them the activation codes. Is there away to do this with Zen? So far I can't see one. Do I have to go to a physical store and buy a card? For my nephew I'd then have to mail it to him. This seems so primitive compared to what existed before. But, perhaps I'm just missing the page which tell me how to buy points for others online?

According to the FAQ there is no longer any way to directly gift points.
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If need be, you could always buy the physical card and send the recipient an in-game mail or an E-Mail with the code in it.

While not as simple as gifting used to be, it is still possible without relying on any type of postal service.
    edited July 2012
    arcolf wrote: »
    If need be, you could always buy the physical card and send the recipient an in-game mail or an E-Mail with the code in it.

While not as simple as gifting used to be, it is still possible without relying on any type of postal service.

You could even buy the cards online (again, Target sells them via their website, not sure about the other stores), then either have them delivered to the intended recipient, or receive them yourself and then do the above.
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ventani wrote: »
    The games use the same engine. The store itself uses the same engine. It makes sense to test once, apply twice if you have your version control under ...control. They DO reference CO in the 'Note' at the end. I don't fault them for looking at them as the same 'thing' in this particular instance.
    You do know however that the C-Store has been disabled on CO for more than 6 months now?

If the engines are the same AND the features are equally accessible, then yes, your argument is sound, here, it isn't.
    (Unless they re-enabled it since last week, which I pretty much doubt...)

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guys, what about the pre-paid gold cards?? Are those still working?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You do know however that the C-Store has been disabled on CO for more than 6 months now?
    Okay, before the panic starts, I believe Meredy's talking about the C-Store on PTS. The C-Store as such is still working fine. (At least, it is for me - bought a costume pack two days ago.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, before the panic starts, I believe Meredy's talking about the C-Store on PTS. The C-Store as such is still working fine. (At least, it is for me - bought a costume pack two days ago.)

Ah .. its always good to have a litte more doom when there is not enough of it.
    Better just give the people some torches and pitchforks :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My understanding is that when you purchase ZEN it goes into a Wallet. You then pick which game you want to transfer ZEN to and it is moved to your balance for that game. Once the ZEN is, for lack of a better term, "assigned" to a specific game it can't be moved back out for use in a different game. Our stipend points will go straight to our CO balance. Once the points are in our CO balance they are effectively all the same and it doesn't matter which points get used first.

Originally players who received a stipend from both STO and CO could use the combined points for either game. Has this changed?
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Originally players who received a stipend from both STO and CO could use the combined points for either game. Has this changed?

I believe you are mistaken...

Stipends have never been usable across games. Purchased points, yes, stipends, no...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited July 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    I believe you are mistaken...

Stipends have never been usable across games. Purchased points, yes, stipends, no...

if only... my 2400 CP from my LTS to STO would be SOOO awesome to have for CO.
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Pretty much what Rhyatt said. This has never been the case. They were always separate.
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    durza901 wrote: »
    Try using an Ultimate Game Card (UGC). They do the same job and they are found a lot of places. I usually get mine from walmart.

Problem is, if i remember correctly, BattyBatty is Aussie, as am i. We don't have walmart in Australia.

It stinks when i checked the PW site for storea nearby selling pre paid cards... guess what... all their nearest stores links assume i am in America, i'll have to waste time in the weekend looking in stores if they might have pre paid cards etc... it doesn't help that Game is getting closed down due to being in recievership becasue the company that bought it out, forced them with a court order to give back the money they were given as a "gift" so it's looking rather bleak for aussies or anyone not in america to get pre-paid cards because no way in heck would i wish to give my details to PW
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »
    Problem is, if i remember correctly, BattyBatty is Aussie, as am i. We don't have walmart in Australia.

It stinks when i checked the PW site for storea nearby selling pre paid cards... guess what... all their nearest stores links assume i am in America, i'll have to waste time in the weekend looking in stores if they might have pre paid cards etc...

Turns out, Target sells the PWE cards online. http://www.target.com/p/perfect-world-gaming-card-20/-/A-12853287

Also, you could consider using a third-party payment handler, like PayPal, Google Checkout, Skrill, ClickAndBuy, or Online ?berweisung...

Or you could use prepaid cards and or vouchers from Playspan, Rixty, PaySafeCard, Ultimate Game Card, Ukash, MOLePoints, or Boleto Banc?rio...

Or you could bill the transaction to your mobile phone via Boku, BilltoMobile, Allopass, or Zong.

https://billing.perfectworld.com/options
  • rebeccadrebeccad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »

It stinks when i checked the PW site for storea nearby selling pre paid cards... guess what... all their nearest stores links assume i am in America, i'll have to waste time in the weekend looking in stores if they might have pre paid cards etc... it doesn't help that Game is getting closed down due to being in recievership becasue the company that bought it out, forced them with a court order to give back the money they were given as a "gift" so it's looking rather bleak for aussies or anyone not in america to get pre-paid cards because no way in heck would i wish to give my details to PW

On their site, they say those in Australia can use UKash to load $. Therefore, you do have an option that doesn't involve giving CO your information. (I didn't give them mine, I either buy the cards or use Steam Wallet.)
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    Well to be fair, Atari was in the midst of absorbing Cryptic when it decided to sell it off. Remember when we got converted over to "Atari Tokens" and suddenly all support had to go through the atari site, and we were getting handed down rules that banned the use of languages other than English on the forums, etc etc.

This is actually a good sign though. It means that Perfect World has fait in the success of their ownership of Cryptic and it's IP licenses.. and wants them, their customers, and their profits to be a integral part of the Perfect World machine.

I think the Atari deal also showed that no matter how 'bought out' a company is, it can still be sold off and be itself again. So, if PWE doesn't work out and Cryptic becomes independent again, there's every possiblilty Cryptic named currency would return as well.

There's actually very few conglomerates with the absolute soul crushing power like EA and Activision SA.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • blake72kdblake72kd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a TERRIBLE idea. Cryptic Points should stay Cryptic Points and ZEN should stay as ZEN! My response to this 'conversion to ZEN' is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

I exercise my right as a human being of free speech.
    edited July 2012
    blake72kd wrote: »
    You have no such right "as a human being". As a citizen of the United States, you are guaranteed free speech under the First Amendment to the Constitution - but, contrary to popular opinion, that only guarantees that no laws can be passed to prevent you from expressing any ideas you wish. It does not guarantee that you must be provided a soapbox, nor does it prevent the owners of a private service (like, say, this one) from censoring speech any way they please. (Go ahead - try to type the full name of any competing MMO into a message. See what happens. I find it amusing.)

Kind of tangential to your main point, but it's a bit of a sore spot for me - especially recently, I've run into so many people acting like jerks in various forums (or alleged "comedy" routines), then trying to take refuge in "freedom of speech" when they're called out on it...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    blake72kd wrote: »
    This is a TERRIBLE idea. Cryptic Points should stay Cryptic Points and ZEN should stay as ZEN! My response to this 'conversion to ZEN' is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

So you'd prefer to buy Zen, the go thru that all the hasle to convert them to CPoints?

'Thank you, sir! May i have another!'

I don't. Ofcourse that would mean i actually buy the points....
    And i also think that Steve Carell should be locked in a looneybin. And prevent him using his right to speak...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The use of a rather sub par comedian and bad actor throwing a childish temper tantrum, while probably apt, just seems so bizarre to me. Especially in the fact that nothings changing, except the name. So why does it matter? Hell, you should be coming out ahead in the matter in almost all cases.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    You have no such right "as a human being".

Well, Article 19 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948) would seem to disagree with you.
    Article 19 wrote:
    Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Incidentally, the phrasing of Article 19 is in part related to why the UN has been considering whether access to the unfiltered internet would constitute a "Human Right".
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's right to free speech, not the right to be a jackass.
    edited July 2012
    Well, Article 19 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948) would seem to disagree with you.

Incidentally, the phrasing of Article 19 is in part related to why the UN has been considering whether access to the unfiltered internet would constitute a "Human Right".

Umm, you realize whatever the UN says is just words, right? They can't do anything without the permission of a country to do something, and thus are powerless to really act on anything, and in short, are full of hot air.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    All laws, and all "rights" are indeed "just words". At any moment, a man or a woman with a weapon and the will to use it, can take away your life, your liberty, your property, and your happiness. They can rob you of your freedom to speak, or take whatever they can from you. All the laws in the world won't stop a bullet.

This was a declaration, but it was a declaration of unified agreement between the member states of the United Nations. Universal agreement. And you can sit there and say that these things are "only words" if you like, but they're good words. And they're words that form the very standards that countries hold each other, and their leaders to.

That enforcement may not be universal, and there are surely plenty of "bad actors" on the world stage, willing to flaunt their people's Human Rights..

But that doesn't make them not Human Rights.
    edited July 2012
    Claiming human rights is a hairy and questionable sentence especially since what people consider their human right changes based on their self entitlement. Quite frankly, what a company does is also their human right and trying to proclaim your human right on their human right is rather ridiculous and silly. Saying a change of currency name and how it is valued is both silly and ridiculous and attempting to try and proclaim that laws that do not affect such an entity is both vane and just going well past self entitlement complex.

To put it mildly, you can try to spin doctor whatever you like out of it, but it doesn't change the fact, that the laws you are trying to misuse as your point have about as much weight here as hot air. Trying to make believe it does doesn't change the fact it doesn't.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    To put it mildly, you can try to spin doctor whatever you like out of it, but it doesn't change the fact, that the laws you are trying to misuse as your point have about as much weight here as hot air. Trying to make believe it does doesn't change the fact it doesn't.

I never said it did.

I said that Freedom of Speech was a Human Right. Something jonsills claimed didn't exist.

The poster is entitled to his opinion, just as you are to yours. Ironically, that's also covered by Article 19.
    edited July 2012
    I never said it did.

I said that Freedom of Speech was a Human Right. Something jonsills claimed didn't exist.

The poster is entitled to his opinion, just as you are to yours. Ironically, that's also covered by Article 19.

Not really. This is a private forum, and they can choose to delete, edit or outright ban your post if they so choose.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    A "right" which cannot be enforced is not a right.

The UN has, as I recall, also declared that everyone in the world has the "right" to enough food. What methods, pray tell, does the UN have in place to fight the ongoing famine in Somalia? None, you say? Then it's hardly a "right", is it? It's just pretty words, with no substance.

Your freedom from government interference with your speech in the United States is guaranteed by an independent judiciary. Thus, it's an actual, legally-enforceable right, not just pretty words.

I would write more on the topic, but my new firewall software keeps stopping all traffic to inspect the packets, and if I type too long during a pause, it starts replacing random characters in the queue with others I've typed, so it winds up loosngl ikethisng like this - er, I mean "looking something like this". It's amazingly annoying, and I don't want to transfer my anger onto undeserving targets.

• h0monculush0monculus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What bout the cryptic 30 day game time cards and the 60 day game time cards?
  • reirakureiraku Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any idea how long the conversion is supposed to take? I'm sitting on a balance of 0 even though I had well over a 1300 CP before the change.
  • harkinharkin Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    reiraku wrote: »
    Any idea how long the conversion is supposed to take? I'm sitting on a balance of 0 even though I had well over a 1300 CP before the change.

Was gonna ask the same, been a lifer since launch, havent used any points at all basically, and now after the converstion im down to 0.