test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I find your lack of Dr D disturbing

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
Ok getting a little fed up now ...we've battled the robot copy Dr Destroyer , Shadow Destroyer twice and Mega D countless times yet after all this time still no show down with the real Dr Destroyer to make matters worse you showed the real Dr Destroyer in the On Alert trailer.

Tell him to get his **** out here I want to punch him in the face -.-
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would it ever be the real Dr Destroyer or just another robot copy?

Taking down the biggest bad guy over and over like stroking ones guitar would
    make him pretty much just another loser to smash face on.
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would it ever be the real Dr Destroyer or just another robot copy?

Taking down the biggest bad guy over and over like stroking ones guitar would
    make him pretty much just another loser to smash face on.

That's just what he is I'm not afraid of him.....................................quickly looks over shoulder to make sure he is not there. :eek:
    I always thought the Dr Destroyer we beat in Nemcon was the real one, now you're telling me he's a robot? T_T
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    NemCon's Dr. D was an impostor.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    craybestt wrote: »
    I always thought the Dr Destroyer we beat in Nemcon was the real one, now you're telling me he's a robot? T_T

Oh thats not Doctor Destroyer thats not even his robot thats the Multifarin De*spoilers*
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dr. D's last actual appearance was in Resistance.

I certainly would be MORE fed up if he was in something as lackluster as all these Alerts. If anything I can wait two more years if it means that that much time is put into the work it takes to make one heck of a mission chain. One that could span the course of ten levels. The ten levels after 50 in a zone past the Moon's OR something that spans the entire Champions world (Unity 3 that doesn't reuse old content?).
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If they release Doctor Destroyer as a boss you can fight, he better make Gravitar rampage alert look like the tutorial level. I preferred that if they release him, they do it right, and he should be as powerful and crushing as he is so hyped up to be. Not over powered, but during the Battle of Detroit, I'm pretty sure it took more than just 10 heroes to take down the Doc.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, since we DID let Dr. Destroyer out and since he DOES have his own parallel universe from which to wage destruction on our universe, I think we would be royally screwed if he did show up.

Some cannot handle current Alert badguys. We would probably need like 20 man Alerts to have any chance of smoking him with a might boot to the head. But with some sets being nerfed who would tank him? With some not wanting to be merely a healer, who would heal the tank? We are all set for DPS. And we would need separate teams just to deal with his adds.

And where is my Celestial review?

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    edited July 2012
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    Well, since we DID let Dr. Destroyer out and since he DOES have his own parallel universe from which to wage destruction on our universe, I think we would be royally screwed if he did show up.

Some cannot handle current Alert badguys. We would probably need like 20 man Alerts to have any chance of smoking him with a might boot to the head. But with some sets being nerfed who would tank him? With some not wanting to be merely a healer, who would heal the tank? We are all set for DPS. And we would need separate teams just to deal with his adds.

And where is my Celestial review?

I would so pay good monies just to see Destroyer well DESTROY a big group of Inferno AT's*

*Not being elitist but I hate Infernos SOOOOOOO much and shut up you I play a lot of AT's, FF in genral does my head so again shut up not you Tan ima not saying shut up to you ima saying it to that inferno ovar thar :/
  • craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My main is an inferno AT and I would definitely not pay money to see Dr. D destroy me :c
    I get gangbanged all the time by smaller mobs and it's no fun at all.
    But I would love to have a big 10 man instance, where the final boss is Dr.D even if he escapes at the end.
    craybestt wrote: »
    My main is an inferno AT and I would definitely not pay money to see Dr. D destroy me :c
    I get gangbanged all the time by smaller mobs and it's no fun at all.
    But I would love to have a big 10 man instance, where the final boss is Dr.D even if he escapes at the end.

You get wut by who :O
  • craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, not literally.
    nepht wrote: »
    Ok getting a little fed up now ...we've battled the robot copy Dr Destroyer , Shadow Destroyer twice and Mega D countless times yet after all this time still no show down with the real Dr Destroyer to make matters worse you showed the real Dr Destroyer in the On Alert trailer.

Tell him to get his **** out here I want to punch him in the face -.-

I'll add my Volterrific Justice Pink Lightning Gigabolts while you punch him... so long as we have a heap of back-up and some res healers who have plenty of self-res on them.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
    edited July 2012
    How badly stupid powerful can he be anyway? It would be silly of him to use a skill similiar to lead tempest, except he's shooting Force Cascades out of his hands everywhere. Ha!...:rolleyes:
    edited July 2012
    xcaligax wrote: »
    How badly stupid powerful can he be anyway? It would be silly of him to use a skill similiar to lead tempest, except he's shooting CHAINSAWS out of his hands everywhere. Ha!...:rolleyes:

Fixed that for you.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think Dr D could work as a 10 man lair if you also had several high profile heroes and villains fighting alongside. In the missions running up to it you would have to convince the games big villainous names to eliminate the competition.

It would be good if the villains also casually harmed players with splash damage during the fight.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoopidme wrote: »
    I think Dr D could work as a 10 man lair if you also had several high profile heroes and villains fighting alongside. In the missions running up to it you would have to convince the games big villainous names to eliminate the competition.

It would be good if the villains also casually harmed players with splash damage during the fight.

Remember he destroyed a city and killed many heroes in the process, so it should require more than 10 heroes to beat him. The exception could be a mission which boosts the hero's powers like in a burst alert, but NOT Dr Destroyer's, maybe a serum based on the burst alerts chemical formula that has a short term effect. However, it should be harder than anything in game yet and require team work and no zerging. Trivialising it would ruin the drama and significance of finally meeting Dr D.

I thought that Dr D in the factory was a robot and that Nemcon's was Shadow Destroyer as was Multifarias.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    Remember he destroyed a city and killed many heroes in the process, so it should require more than 10 heroes to beat him. The exception could be a mission which boosts the hero's powers like in a burst alert, but NOT Dr Destroyer's, maybe a serum based on the burst alerts chemical formula that has a short term effect. However, it should be harder than anything in game yet and require team work and no zerging. Trivialising it would ruin the drama and significance of finally meeting Dr D.

I thought that Dr D in the factory was a robot and that Nemcon's was Shadow Destroyer as was Multifarias.

Hence the added villains on your side, e.g. gravitar, therakiel, firewing, etc.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While it's always fun to speculate, Albert Zerstoiten (aka Doctor Destroyer) is no pushover, not by a longshot. He is one of, if not the most intelligent person on the planet. He's pretty much invented things that are decades ahead of any technology that is currently available on Champions Earth. He has a vast Destroid army and many secret facilities from which to launch them, and many factions from VIPER, ARGENT and UNTIL's Project Shiva have constantly been trying to get their hands on working Destroyer technology, but to no avail due to the self destruct inherent in the technology. He can create advanced AI on a whim (one rumor is he is responsible for Mechanon), has solved most of the advanced mathematical equations that still elude scientists, is a leading roboticist with only Mechanon being his superior, and is leading in the world of nanotech.

Then there is Destroyer's armor. The man's power armor is probably the most powerful in the world. Defender can't even come close. Destroyer's armor is made from Destreum, has incredibly high, multi-layered shielding, acts as a life support system, has protective countermeasures against things that might blind, confuse or otherwise harm his own senses in the helmet including psionic shielding, and allows him to take blows that would fell many other heroes. On top of that comes the arsenal, which Doctor Destroyer's power armor has a number of abilities, not least of which is his dreaded Destroyer-Beam (which has multiple settings from an outright obliterate attack to even an ironic mode called mercy mode).

In short, Doctor Destroyer is not someone to be trifled with. While I am sure a lot of players will write their hero up as some god destroying wonder child, Doctor Destroyer is not some common rate villain. His only real weakness is his pride and arrogance, and while people may think they have the edge on Destroyer, the man has probably more contingencies for situations planned out than could possibly be imagined. This is a man who has used several of, what many heroes would call, world threatening attacks as nothing more than tests to for another, even bigger experiment, and a person who basically staged the Battle of Detroit as a way for him to retreat into the shadows. Doctor Destroyer is probably more than ten steps ahead than most hero thinking, and 9 steps for those that are above average.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While it's always fun to speculate, Albert Zerstoiten (aka Doctor Destroyer) is no pushover, not by a longshot. He is one of, if not the most intelligent person on the planet. He's pretty much invented things that are decades ahead of any technology that is currently available on Champions Earth. He has a vast Destroid army and many secret facilities from which to launch them, and many factions from VIPER, ARGENT and UNTIL's Project Shiva have constantly been trying to get their hands on working Destroyer technology, but to no avail due to the self destruct inherent in the technology. He can create advanced AI on a whim (one rumor is he is responsible for Mechanon), has solved most of the advanced mathematical equations that still elude scientists, is a leading roboticist with only Mechanon being his superior, and is leading in the world of nanotech.

Then there is Destroyer's armor. The man's power armor is probably the most powerful in the world. Defender can't even come close. Destroyer's armor is made from Destreum, has incredibly high, multi-layered shielding, acts as a life support system, has protective countermeasures against things that might blind, confuse or otherwise harm his own senses in the helmet including psionic shielding, and allows him to take blows that would fell many other heroes. On top of that comes the arsenal, which Doctor Destroyer's power armor has a number of abilities, not least of which is his dreaded Destroyer-Beam (which has multiple settings from an outright obliterate attack to even an ironic mode called mercy mode).

In short, Doctor Destroyer is not someone to be trifled with. While I am sure a lot of players will write their hero up as some god destroying wonder child, Doctor Destroyer is not some common rate villain. His only real weakness is his pride and arrogance, and while people may think they have the edge on Destroyer, the man has probably more contingencies for situations planned out than could possibly be imagined. This is a man who has used several of, what many heroes would call, world threatening attacks as nothing more than tests to for another, even bigger experiment, and a person who basically staged the Battle of Detroit as a way for him to retreat into the shadows. Doctor Destroyer is probably more than ten steps ahead than most hero thinking, and 9 steps for those that are above average.

Seeing as this is the case and he is a TOTAL badass, I would like to see this as a 10 man alert with infamous villains HELPING us (Gravitar, Psimon, Menton, Black Fang etc), because if they don't their empires will be wiped out or something. That would be very intresting. Even if he does get away at the end, we would have stopped a doomsday device of somekind AND captured our temporary allies :p or maybe cut them some slack for helping us...

Since he would be very powerful,we'd need at least 3-5 extra supervillains (mindslayer etc) and possibly some periodic assistance from their henchies :p.

I am picturing this happening in a new zone wide alert *-*....with 3 or so different devices which send the message to Destroyer Beam....(Space Blaster of his) to fire,we stop that without the villains help then when Dr. D appears the villains explain that they will help us to defeat him.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dr. D's last actual appearance was in Resistance.

I certainly would be MORE fed up if he was in something as lackluster as all these Alerts. If anything I can wait two more years if it means that that much time is put into the work it takes to make one heck of a mission chain. One that could span the course of ten levels. The ten levels after 50 in a zone past the Moon's OR something that spans the entire Champions world (Unity 3 that doesn't reuse old content?).

Aye.

Fighting the REAL Dr. D should be epic.

I mean really, the very place we do our jobs in is a city he utterly destroyed YEARS ago, not just defeating, but killing, dozens of heroes in the process.

He should absolutely live up to his reputation - as someone said above, fighting him should make the Gravitar Alert look like a watered down tutorial, and should definately require way more than 10 people...you know like convincing Grond to try and tank him kinda stuff...
    edited July 2012
    Aye.

Fighting the REAL Dr. D should be epic.

I mean really, the very place we do our jobs in is a city he utterly destroyed YEARS ago, not just defeating, but killing, dozens of heroes in the process.

He should absolutely live up to his reputation - as someone said above, fighting him should make the Gravitar Alert look like a watered down tutorial, and should definately require way more than 10 people...you know like convincing Grond to try and tank him kinda stuff...

Kind of ironic since, if I recall, Destroyer used Grond as a diversion when he attacked Detroit.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kind of ironic since, if I recall, Destroyer used Grond as a diversion when he attacked Detroit.

That make Grond angry!

Grond grab Mega-D robot and use as club to smash puny Doctor D!!!
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoopidme wrote: »
    Hence the added villains on your side, e.g. gravitar, therakiel, firewing, etc.

Trouble is, sine they themselves are so powerful, it would mean our contribution would be small in comparison. I personally don't like feeling like a side-kick, so I prefer my suggestion of a temporary boost. Besides, I can't see some of those villains working together at all.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Well, basically put, putting Dr. D in, as a main threat, would require care and a lot of attention to detail, something I don't think the game is ready for. Dr. D is not someone who should be just run up and start punching type villain. At most, for now, I would think we would just see him from some chair looking down at us while we fight his minions and lackeys, which is a long list;
    • Gigaton
    • Rahkshasa
    • Bronze Brigand
    • Falchion
    • Fourplay
    • Hammerhead
    • Meteor
    • Spectra
    • Tarantula
    • Thoughtcrime
    • Titanos
    • Black Talon Agents (Black Talon is the suit, not the man inside as the pilot can always be different)

In short, if an eventual raid leading up to a battle with Doctor Destroyer were to occur I would think a couple of smaller, 5 man lairs would be appropriate to the lead up to that point, with players fighting some of the weaker individuals first, then if a raid to fight Destroyer came into being, it would be something that would have some of Destroyers stronger lieutenants as guardians before we face the man himself. And the final battle would be something that wouldn't be just a tank and spank, but would require using things in the environment against him.

Dr. Destroyer is a man who was fighting for days against several dozen heroes at the Battle of Detroit until he obliterated the city. Ten heroes just wouldn't be enough in a straight up brawl.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dr. D is the kind of man that would instigate a Qularr invasion to bring out some of the best potential heroes into light. The kind of people that would be indirectly forced to come to Millenium City's aid which would unknowingly paint a target on them. A crucial stage to the Doctor's ultimate agenda.

...Oh wait.
    edited July 2012
    Dr. D is the kind of man that would instigate a Qularr invasion to bring out some of the best potential heroes into light. The kind of people that would be indirectly forced to come to Millenium City's aid which would unknowingly paint a target on them. A crucial stage to the Doctor's ultimate plan.

The Qularr invasion, though blamed on Dr. Destroyer, I don't think Dr. Destroyer was responsible for. That was Shadow Destroyer giving false orders to Destroyers minions.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Qularr invasion, though blamed on Dr. Destroyer, I don't think Dr. Destroyer was responsible for. That was Shadow Destroyer giving false orders to Destroyers minions.
    The Qularr Invasion was the result of a fleet of Qularr ships scouting the Earth in hopes of a)discovering the Gadroon's plans on it and b)to study superhumans. Shadow D detected their presence and sent one of his reprogrammed destroids to activate the beacon located stored in the Champions' Headquarters: Homestead. He went as far as sending the Black Talon pilot to ensure the mission's success (since he was posing as the real Doctor D) but ultimately it was merely a plot for him to test the local heroes' ability to respond to a major crisis.

Just to solve the paradox: there are three Doctor D's. The first one is the real deal, Albert Zerstoiten, who faked his death during the Battle of Detroit. The second one is one of his robot clones(Doombot-esque decoys) found in Destroyer's factory and accidentally(?) activated by Shadow Destroyer when he supposedly scouted Zerstoiten's old bases. The third is Shadow Destroyer, who mixes sorcery and science, and is an "evil twin" to James Harmon/Defender from the parallel universe known as the Multifarian.

In 2002, Shadow Destroyer first came to Earth and presumably used Zerstoiten's reputation and identity to install fear in the world. The real Destroyer, who had then finished his preparations for his return following his "death", continued inactive in hopes of discovering who this imposter was. In 2009, the real Destroyer traveled to the Multifarian and battled Shadow Destroyer but was captured until our intervention during the Resistance adventure pack. Meaning that he is, indeed, free to terrorize the world. Please note that the real Doctor D does NOT have the Multifarian at his disposal. He will, presumably, only return there following his "conquest" of Earth. Destroyer has numerous resources but almost no human followers given his almost 20 year-long facade, so it may take a while before we get to face him in-game. IMO other big bads should be given priority (such as Mechanon and Istvatha V'han).
  • ziploc332ziploc332 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I always thought of Dr. D as the one major bad guy we all hope never shows up, so to bring him out as a bad guy and not make him so overpowered that nobody can stop him...I mean who's still scared of Deathwing?
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it'd be cool if there was a zone wide MC crisis some day featuring Dr. D. Like he has returned to finish what he started in Detroit years ago.
    edited July 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    I think it'd be cool if there was a zone wide MC crisis some day featuring Dr. D. Like he has returned to finish what he started in Detroit years ago.
    This year does mark the 20th anniversary. I believe there was a thread with a similar suggestion pre-forum apocalypse (or whatever you call it).
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know, at the end of Resistance (spoiler alert!), you have banished Shadow D, and the Old Man is now a hero to the Resistance - so, maybe, perhaps, he's going to come to adopt Multifaria as his new home, since they actually want him in charge. He might even get a taste for this "hero" thing, and his next appearance in the Champs universe might well be to help defend Earth from the alien attack that will open the new Space Zone... :wink:

(There is precedent for this sort of thing - Rogue in X-Men, for instance, who started out as a member of the Brotherhood, but absorbed Carol Danvers and Carol's memories of what it was like to be a hero; or, in webcomics, Lightning Lady, receptionist for Evil Inc., who has been experiencing what it's like since a superhero impersonated her in an attempt to besmirch her villainous reputation. LL went out to try to re-establish her villain rep, only to find merchants giving her the things she'd normally steal in thanks for her "heroic" actions. Then she met a little girl who wanted to grow up to be a "hero" like her. Then she had to rescue the girl from being accidentally run over by her boyfriend, a former hero who's trying to be a villain to impress her and had just robbed a bank. Now she seems to be rethinking her position...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2012
    Well (IIRC) Grizz does say that "he won't be welcomed in here [the Multifarian] with open arms and a hero's parade, not like you will." or something along those lines. The Resistance did not knew about his true identity back in Champions Earth before the happenings of the Adventure Pack but I do agree they may be tempted to align themselves with him seeing how much he did for them. OTOH, Doctor D has an unshakable pride which may otherwise prevent him from returning to the Multifarian until his crusade on the CU has been successfully completed.
    edited July 2012
    Doctor Destroyer also made it clear he would only come back to Multifaria after he takes care of Earth anyways.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just as a small aside..
    How many of those normal, boring little people have died due to Doctor Destroyer?
    Standing over his supremely arrogant dead body would be extremely satisfying if you ask me.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just as a small aside..
    How many of those normal, boring little people have died due to Doctor Destroyer?
    Somewhere in the tens of thousands from the Battle for Detroit alone, as I recall.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't worry , he only killed DOZENS of the worlds supers during that battle. A ten man team should ..... be strawberry jam fast.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited July 2012
    Hmm call in the Star Guard?!... (I think that's the name, you can't ask me to remember every little detail... or even the majority of em!)
    Dunno how good that lot are but consider a grim struggle through Destroyers underlings whilst the heavy mob keeps him occupied and another of those tip the balance final confrontations.
    edited July 2012
    Trouble is, sine they themselves are so powerful, it would mean our contribution would be small in comparison. I personally don't like feeling like a side-kick, so I prefer my suggestion of a temporary boost. Besides, I can't see some of those villains working together at all.

It's a fair criticism and I like your alternative, I was kind of going for bending what would be plausibly in-character according to established lore to sort of give it a greater sense of culmination by tying things off and referencing the battles you've fought to get there. But I do suppose it would cheapen the sense victory if you were just a small cog in a larger war machine.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited July 2012

This.

Our characters are not sidekicks. They are supposed to be the next generation, worthy of joining the Champions. Drifter even states our characters are "among the better heroes in this city."

My prediction is the level cap increase, assuming it goes through, would be part of moving characters to more epic levels of performance and thus able to team up against Dr. Destroyer and having some chance at success.

The need for more real challenging Cosmics is why I submitted my entry in the villain contest. Albeit not completely thought out, we need real challenges if we are to develope epic story lines.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    edited July 2012
    Not to highjack the thread or nothing, but how about them Bleak ones turning lemurians into lizards huh? Those guys gotta be pretty powerful. I think they were described as Elder Gods of some sort? Would Dr.D even stand a chance against something like that?
  • kazimakakazimaka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quite honestly. Doctor D would have to be a raid. And contain many players to take him down. We are talking about the villain that almost devestated MC. He wont be a alert. And if he is. Id feel sorry for doctor d being reduced to the common super villain.

:cool:
    We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
  • garthnokgarthnok Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you could face Dr. D directly, he wouldn't be Dr. D.

He is about throwing impossible odds in your way.....About bringing about cataclysms just cause he got fed up with parking tickets.

I am sorry but Dr. D should never be a battle. We should just have to deal with his machinations. Every battle you have, he is always the man behind the curtain.

You complain about not battling him, but really this entire time you've been dancing to his steps.

Plus I doubt he would fight, He'd gladly go to jail knowing his escape is already assured. He might destroy you, but fight you....never!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Not to highjack the thread or nothing, but how about them Bleak ones turning lemurians into lizards huh? Those guys gotta be pretty powerful. I think they were described as Elder Gods of some sort? Would Dr.D even stand a chance against something like that?

I was under the impression that the Bleak Ones were Lemurians corrupted by qliphothic energies seeping through the portals created by Shadow Destroyer to bring the Karkaradons over from his dimension. If that's the case then we have already defeated some of those Elder Gods (Kings of Edom).

I'm open to correction here, it's been ages since I've been to Lemuria.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 2012
    As far as I am aware, the Bleak Ones are Qliphothic creatures.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In a TL;DR format

A real battle with the Real Doctor Destroyer = The Battle for Millenium City (Detroit II)
    That size, that epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
    edited July 2012
    kazimaka wrote: »
    Quite honestly. Doctor D would have to be a raid. And contain many players to take him down. We are talking about the villain that almost devestated MC. He wont be a alert. And if he is. Id feel sorry for doctor d being reduced to the common super villain.

:cool:

Agreed It would take like 20 heroes....or one Nepht.

Dr D is a old man that plays at being a villain on his weekends.

He isnt as evil as me I Rick Rolled Gandhi* >:C

*I used Jury Rigs time machine and an Iphone..also shut up :/
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly, I think the whole thing would end up disappointing.

They either make Dr. D. lame, and that would suck. Or they would have to make any win condition some horrible Xanatos Gambit

Remember the last time the heroes won against him. More then a dozen were dead and the city was destroyed. That's hardly a rousing victory.

So, he shows again. Heroes assemble. Fight past his huge army of robots and death machines. You get to the big man himself and he laughs at you. Gloating that he was simply stalling you. That while you were playing with his toys he managed to wipe out some "small target" like California and still had time to take out two complete super teams. To add insult to injury, all collective power used to destroy his minion hoard was somehow collected to make all his plans happen.

He then praises you for your "victory" and teleports away.
    edited July 2012
    On the plus side if we were to go against Dr D's improved Mega Destroids we might get the option to use vehicles developed by Untils Project Shiva initiative. Perhaps we could sort of become high powered hover tanks to take down the Mega D's.
    Any resemblance to this scenario and early BattleTech/CityTech games is of course purely intentional. For those who don't know this story I will say that it stands as a shining example of why you should never ever give players the ability to design they're own units.
    It's been decade(s) and it still make me laugh.
    But do we really want to play Tank Tech?
    edited July 2012
    garthnok wrote: »
    If you could face Dr. D directly, he wouldn't be Dr. D.

He is about throwing impossible odds in your way.....About bringing about cataclysms just cause he got fed up with parking tickets.

I am sorry but Dr. D should never be a battle. We should just have to deal with his machinations. Every battle you have, he is always the man behind the curtain.

You complain about not battling him, but really this entire time you've been dancing to his steps.

Plus I doubt he would fight, He'd gladly go to jail knowing his escape is already assured. He might destroy you, but fight you....never!

Quite the opposite really. Dr. Destroyer has a huge ego and Pride. If someone challenges him, he will kill them. He will use his minions, but he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. His mentality of thinking is very perplexing, in fact he has kidnapped world renowned chess players just to have a game of chess. He outright killed one for letting him win, and rewarded the others who gave him a real challenge, intellectually.

Dr. Destroyer thinks very highly of himself and he would not be afraid to enter a News studio, as he has, and cripple, maim or even kill a news anchor (he has) who was talking negatively about him.

Again, this man was facing down dozens of heroes in the Battle of Detroit. Many at a time. He was not backing down from them, but by all accounts he was actually facing them down. And the battle took days before Destroyer decided to obliterate the city personally.

Do not mistake him using people as a distraction as him being afraid to fight personally, as demonstrated at the end of Resistance.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS