test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking Your Accounts

stormshadestormshade Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Super News Network
Welcome to the new Champions Online Website! We know some of you will have some questions about linking your accounts, so we have this handy FAQ for you to take a look at here.

In addition, we know that linking your accounts in a slight inconvenience to you. To help make up for that, we've created a special item for all individuals who have linked their Cryptic and PWE Accounts.

Link to the Article
Post edited by stormshade on

Comments

• roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey, 'Shade, when're you going to look into people's subscription counter being reset? I'd like to be back to 1000+ days, asap.

On that note, can you tell whoever's in charge of it to get the UNTIL Report done? I want -something- good out of this transition soon.
    Also please get the test server forums back and going
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, and has there been any word about that region-ban thing? It doesn't really make sense with the CO and STO licenses.

Not to be a nag, but...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kinda stupid on my behalf...I wrote my PWE handle as an old char of mine and now I'm stuck with. The FAQ does say that "at this time, there is no way to change your forum name." which means I'll be using it for awhile...
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So yeah storm if you have time answer the questions
  • youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if this message comes true it means i am finally removed from this annoying ban, so what did they screw up this time?:cool:
    edited July 2012
    Huh are you from one of the countrys that well was banned?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No, he wasn't.
    biffsig.jpg
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1. Restore the subscription counter.
    2. Restore (visible) access to the PTS subsection. It's there, but can't see it.
    3. Activate the option to view more than 10 posts per page, that's the strictest minimum on a forum these days, come on.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Biff, can I borrow your sig, it expresses my feelings better than my sig? :tongue:

EDIT: Okay, much better, have avatar and sig back. :biggrin:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • stormshadestormshade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey, 'Shade, when're you going to look into people's subscription counter being reset? I'd like to be back to 1000+ days, asap.

On that note, can you tell whoever's in charge of it to get the UNTIL Report done? I want -something- good out of this transition soon.

Brad's working on an UNTIL Report, and we'll even be following that up with an Ask Cryptic! This should be happening soon.

I'll shoot off an e-mail to some people to look at the subscription counter.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Brad's working on an UNTIL Report, and we'll even be following that up with an Ask Cryptic! This should be happening soon.

I'll shoot off an e-mail to some people to look at the subscription counter.

Thanks,

Stormshade

You forgot the TM after soon. :biggrin:
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
    edited July 2012
    Wait whoa a reply?
    Until report? Huh....and what about the test server forums?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what's the deal with the avatars? We can't spot familiar posters with generic Champions icons. Or at least give players the option to choose a subscription based symbol (Silver/Gold/Lifetime). This feels like PWE doesn't want to identify their customers as individual people, but more like a generic cash source.
    edited July 2012
    But hey storm if you are still here any word on the region bans if they will not happend to the folks with lifetimea nd such already?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's exactly how they feel about their customers, Buxom. The folks at Cryptic are the reason we got what little customization we have here, as I understand it...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what's the deal with the avatars? We can't spot familiar posters with generic Champions icons. Or at least give players the option to choose a subscription based symbol (Silver/Gold/Lifetime). This feels like PWE doesn't want to identify their customers as individual people, but more like a generic cash source.

that's pretty much how i feel as long as crytpic keeps this sub non-sense, removing the sub would most definitely make more profit then they can ever make right now.
    edited July 2012
    Wait whoa a reply?
    Until report? Huh....and what about the test server forums?

PTS Forums are back now.

We're working on adding in Custom Avatars back in. In fact, it may be closer than I imagined. Branflakes and I are talking about it now.
    But hey storm if you are still here any word on the region bans if they will not happend to the folks with lifetimea nd such already?

I'm waiting on an answer for this, they have not happened yet, and I'll make sure to post something as soon as I have something to post.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited July 2012
    Thank you!! for the answer!!
    edited July 2012
    One more thing before I run off for a little bit:

Those of you who like watching your subscribed days go up can still go here:

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/subscriptions/list

We're working on getting them to display properly in your account page, but you at least have a temporary work around.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    just going to say..i love smackwells sig
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thanks for the loot
    ~EVE-X

old thread says Last Visited
    12-31-1969
    juryrig what a jolly joker
    edited July 2012
    Oh and storm another question are they going to fix the Charecter pages the mail page and the c-store on the test server if you know that of course.
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    who Are You People???
    edited July 2012
    Gunarm here. oh and the account days has been fixed
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I simply wonder what happened to our Friends list on the website, as it was a valued feature for me.. Are we getting that back at some point, or it's gone forever like the "Rate my Champion" and the "Quiz" we had on the game's early days? :confused:

P.S.
    Thanks for the link, Stormshade, it gave me a relief.. :biggrin:

Edit :
    And i did NOT join on July 2012, i'm in the game and supporting it since the closed beta, on August 2009, so please do something about that date, as i find it absurd!
    witchcraft.jpg

edited July 2012
    Well i hope they bring that back because i havnt seen an ask cryptic for along time
    edited July 2012
    My new avatar accurately portrays my emotions.

Where the hell is the "quincy" in "quincystmoth"????

Also, how long does it take a sig to show up?
  • kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well its different, not as horrendous looking as the STO forum at least
  • wintergreen101wintergreen101 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Count yourself lucky, Quincy.

I'm kind of bemused why I have been given Wintergreen101 as my forum handle, I've never used Wintergreen as a name in any context ever and it irks me somewhat. It's like being called Kevin, it's not my name and I'm unlikely to ever respond to someone calling me Kevin. And now the account system cheerfully calls me it in a way that in real life would provoke me into swinging my crutches at the person involved. It's so impersonal. I never even got a choice as to what to pick, it just gave it to me as though it had already decided on it.

I don't recall ever having set up a Perfect World account, but wow, I was in the system and there is the name it had decided to give me. Thanks, PWE, for your infinite wisdom in giving me a name I have no interest in having and it appears I can't even change. Why use the forums when they're suddenly that impersonal? Cheerfully calling me Kevin all the time won't make me respond, and if it does, I can guarantee 100% that for most people the response wouldn't be a calm, reasoned one.

In short - this is very bad. And not a great start to the forced merger in my eyes.

Arukai - Knyghtsbane - Amaia (A.K.A. Not intentional. I'm really not that smart!)
    @Arukai - Knyghtsbane - Amaia

The AKA Squad. No, that wasn't intentional. I wish I was that smart.
    edited July 2012
    Count yourself lucky, Quincy.

I'm kind of bemused why I have been given Wintergreen101 as my forum handle, I've never used Wintergreen as a name in any context ever and it irks me somewhat. It's like being called Kevin, it's not my name and I'm unlikely to ever respond to someone calling me Kevin. And now the account system cheerfully calls me it in a way that in real life would provoke me into swinging my crutches at the person involved. It's so impersonal. I never even got a choice as to what to pick, it just gave it to me as though it had already decided on it.

I don't recall ever having set up a Perfect World account, but wow, I was in the system and there is the name it had decided to give me. Thanks, PWE, for your infinite wisdom in giving me a name I have no interest in having and it appears I can't even change. Why use the forums when they're suddenly that impersonal? Cheerfully calling me Kevin all the time won't make me respond, and if it does, I can guarantee 100% that for most people the response wouldn't be a calm, reasoned one.

In short - this is very bad. And not a great start to the forced merger in my eyes.

Arukai - Knyghtsbane - Amaia (A.K.A. Not intentional. I'm really not that smart!)

Heeey that isn't a bad name >.>

And another point, I would like the option to change the title under my name. I am not a Perfect World endorser, I do not support Perfect World (by choice) and I would like to have it reflect as such.
    edited July 2012
    Oh, sorry. Point is, it's not MY name. You can replace "Kevin" with any other name you want. Point remains. I just picked Kevin because I have "We Need to Talk About Kevin" on in the background I guess. :)

Wintergreen101 just... it's not me. I don't have a character called Wintergreen and never have. I'd like to know how the system got to that based on my characters, because there's a lot of Lateral Thinking going on there. So lateral in fact that it's perfectly horizontal! ;)

edit; I do agree with your edited point in this edit. I can't endorse PWE like this. Sorry chaps, I know you are trying but cheerfully calling me by an unnatural name isn't exactly the best way to develop a relationship, surely?

Insert "Shirley" jokes after the tone.

edited July 2012
    I last visted 12-31-1969
  • tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, sorry. Point is, it's not MY name. You can replace "Kevin" with any other name you want. Point remains. I just picked Kevin because I have "We Need to Talk About Kevin" on in the background I guess. :)

Wintergreen101 just... it's not me. I don't have a character called Wintergreen and never have. I'd like to know how the system got to that based on my characters, because there's a lot of Lateral Thinking going on there. So lateral in fact that it's perfectly horizontal! ;)
    Just a question, have you merged your account with PWE, already? If not, you may have been granted a temporary/default name for use until you do. If this is in fact permanent, I guess it really damages one's individuality but even then, you should keep posting like you would otherwise (lots of folks, myself included, use their custom signatures to symbol themselves).
  • tforummellentforummellen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the new Champions Online Website! We know some of you will have some questions about linking your accounts, so we have this handy FAQ for you to take a look at here.

In addition, we know that linking your accounts in a slight inconvenience to you. To help make up for that, we've created a special item for all individuals who have linked their Cryptic and PWE Accounts.

Link to the Article

So this is my name now?
  • solmakasolmaka Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the new forums looks kinda annoying ^^" but i spy survors like amcky and jonsills /waves.

and egad they botched my username a bit D: it was Solmakala! RAWR and rage and eh its alright :P
    edited July 2012
    maybe they will make it so we can remove the blue and add our own color to the forum boxes
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay! The merging is overish.

I have a small problem. My cps are gone and I have no Zens... :/

What should I do?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited July 2012
    I linked. I even requested the password a few times because I was wondering why it was referring to me as Wintergreen, I genuinely thought that the system was sending me someone elses link! I was mortified! I panicked! I'm even ashamed to say I screamed like a little four year old girl.

It's not the lack of individuality that irks me. As I said, I've never used Wintergreen. It's a small thing, but as someone who has a weird surname in real life and has had it since eleven years old (thanks, Granddad! :P ) this is kind of a personal annoyance when someone deliberately avoids trying to say your name. Which happens to me. A lot.

I guess it could be worse. But it could have been better. And that's the real sticking point for me. It's not the end of the world - but I'm hardly breaking out the Perrier for it either.

edited July 2012
    Hmm odd....I don't get why it dosen't keep me logged in
  • arenathorarenathor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now i cant login ingame :( but i can log here...
    edited July 2012
    Huh oddd i hope they fix some of the stuff
  • evilkittymanevilkittyman Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup. Locked out of my original forum name in the transfer (Note: Player originall known as DevilLordLaser), had to draft a replacement from the annals of history. Your little FAQ was about as intuitive and helpful as a dead fish. Just patched, and I'm honestly surprised that I still have my characters.

Let me reiterate that for you. I am surprised - i.e. it was not the expected outcome - that this account linking garbage did not, in fact, jack me over as hard as it possibly could. With a big cheerful smile on its face and a request for $4.99 in processing fees to fix their own stupid mistake.

I'm incredibly pissed off right now. I know that Perfect World doesn't care, which honestly only pisses me off even further. Every single decision that company has made since I first heard of it has only pissed me off more. Every. Single. One. They don't give a rat about their customers, they don't give a rat about their games, and they're perfectly happy to watch players storm off in a bitter rage after six months - provided they bought a lot of Zen trying to fix their problems, first.

Cryptic, you guys are doing the best you can under bad circumstances, but you're going to lose players over this. I know - you damn near lost me. You're probably still going to; Guild Wars 2 comes out in two months, and I can't come up with a single reason to retain my subscription beyond that release. That wasn't the case, once upon a time. Back in Free For All, I was pretty sure I'd keep Champs up and dip into it from time to time, just to see what was what. I liked the freedom of creation in this game, the intricacy of building up just the right powerset to make a character really come alive.

But now all four of my level 40 characters are sitting uselessly in the powerhouse. Sadie I won't blame on you guys - she'd been sitting in the Powerhouse for months anyways. Mina I'm absolutely blaming on you guys, given the egregious and heavy-handed nerfs to the Brick tab that've rendered Unstoppable builds the next best thing to unplayable. Normally I'd be content to work through it and figure out my stuff anew, but I've also got Perfect World clawing at my wallet, trying to sink its fangs into my bank account like a money-sucking vampire and not even trying to disguise the fact that it doesn't care in the slightest if I'm happy with my purchases, or my subscription, or any of that, so long as I keep feeding my pennies into the little slot.

Honestly, the only reason my subscription is still active right now is inertia. There's nothing I can do about it, there's nothing you can do about it, and honestly I know full well that this post is going to be deleted and a moderation warning mailed promptly to my facehole...but I had to get it out there, at least a little bit.

ATTN: Customer Extremely Dissatisfied.
    edited July 2012
    I simply wonder what happened to our Friends list on the website, as it was a valued feature for me.. Are we getting that back at some point, or it's gone forever like the "Rate my Champion" and the "Quiz" we had on the game's early days? :confused:

P.S.
    Thanks for the link, Stormshade, it gave me a relief.. :biggrin:

Edit :
    And i did NOT join on July 2012, i'm in the game and supporting it since the closed beta, on August 2009, so please do something about that date, as i find it absurd!

The Friends list and in-game mail features will not be coming back to the web site any time soon. I realize that some of you enjoyed that feature, but our website no longer talks to the game servers in the same way it used to.
    arenathor wrote: »
    Now i cant login ingame :( but i can log here...

Make sure you're logging in with your Perfect World Account, and not your Cryptic Account. If you issue persists, please get in contact with our support team.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited July 2012
    Are you going to change that? so the game does? Just asking Also is the dev tracker going to be fixed as well?
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK, I only had 20 cps in my account, but this is really weird. Is anyone else having this very same problem?? :C

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Yay! The merging is overish.

I have a small problem. My cps are gone and I have no Zens... :/

What should I do?
    klitty wrote: »
    OK, I only had 20 cps in my account, but this is really weird. Is anyone else having this very same problem?? :C

The website with the exception of the C-Store only shows Zen which isn't implemented yet, in other words it'll be fixed when they finish transferring all C-Points into Zen.
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, someone is working, and working fast, kudos where needed.
    Avatars, sig, and days subbed all fixed, good.

Now, here's a new list of features requests.
    (We had all those on the old Forums and these aren't too hard to set up)

1. Allow us to view more than 10 posts per page.
    2. Allow our profile to remember to ALWAYS attach our sig. (Keep the box ticked)
    3. Allow our profile to remember the subscription option when we reply to threads. (Example: no email notification, goes to "xxx" folder)

Those can be done manually, sure, but it would really help ease the transition if we got a bit of our old comfort back...

PS: too bad for the character page, it was a great feature...
    Ps: if any of these get done in-between, nevermind me ^_^
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Friends list and in-game mail features will not be coming back to the web site any time soon. I realize that some of you enjoyed that feature, but our website no longer talks to the game servers in the same way it used to.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Shame really, but we'll adjust i suppose.. I'm sure you had your reasons for following this path, but you know what they say : Hope dies last, and i hope i can see them returning one day.... :biggrin:
    witchcraft.jpg

• anaedananaedan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what occurs when you have a PWE account associated with the email address of your Cryptic account, and said PWE account has both STO and CO characters on it?