test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• azzamacazaazzamacaza Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I merged accounts now. It wouldn't let me use the same account name I had before, so I'm using a slightly different one. You probably can't even tell what's different about it.

I thought our old user names were supposed to be reserved for us...

EDIT: Just logged into the game, characters are still there, so that's a good sign!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Question answered. Thank You jonsills.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am pretty impressed with the changes just don't like seeing the netflis add lol
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am pretty impressed with the changes just don't like seeing the netflis add lol
    Firefox + AdBlock = no Netflix ads. Ever. Anywhere. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A bit sad. omg, what am I really getting myself too? Thanks for the loot though, but both of my account AND handle name were taken. Seriously. Ahh whatever

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
    edited July 2012
    and my sig is gone, really

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
    edited July 2012
    When is the deadline for the reward though? I don't think I can get it this week, I have really bad internet at the moment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zannaflhiemzannaflhiem Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I followed the guideline to retrieve the Cryptic Account Linking Gift Box, but its not there. I linked my account awhile back, does this mean i don't get it now?
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, someone is working, and working fast, kudos where needed.
    Avatars, sig, and days subbed all fixed, good.

Now, here's a new list of features requests.
    (We had all those on the old Forums and these aren't too hard to set up)

1. Allow us to view more than 10 posts per page.
    2. Allow our profile to remember to ALWAYS attach our sig. (Keep the box ticked)
    3. Allow our profile to remember the subscription option when we reply to threads. (Example: no email notification, goes to "xxx" folder)

Those can be done manually, sure, but it would really help ease the transition if we got a bit of our old comfort back...

PS: too bad for the character page, it was a great feature...
    Ps: if any of these get done in-between, nevermind me ^_^

I agree with point one in particular, since it looks like point two is fixed.

HOWEVER...
    Those can be done manually, sure, but it would really help ease the transition if we got a bit of our old comfort back...

Can I change the posts/page thing manually? If so, HOW? Please?
    10dsf81.png
  • xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    but how is everyone getting their avatars back? I'm still stuck with the custom characters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    but how is everyone getting their avatars back? I'm still stuck with the custom characters.

Check out Nagus' thread here:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=149591

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »

Oh, that seemed to have worked. Thanks. :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiyomikiyomi Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My PWE login and password aren't working, it will not let me log in to the game. Thanks guys =x
    edited July 2012
    xvii013 wrote: »
    Hope they bring back the character profile page :frown:

and i hope too...

what about the cryptic store ?
    edited July 2012
    I seem to have resolved the issue. Hooray!
    edited July 2012
    Well, nothing seems to have broken. My handle was blocked (how anyone else could possibly have chosen XenosInfinity without just taking it to annoy me is beyond me) so I've glued one of my spare Xs to the end, but my subscription counter is still at 374/400, which is probably good sign.

Less fortunately, what's up with the shortened password limit? I've had to cut two characters off the end.

Also, I can't work out how to change my avatar, but I suppose that's a case of arson, murder and jaywalking at the moment.
    Edit: Never mind, found it.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I had no issue with my sub counter either, it's still there and intact.
    edited July 2012
    1. one of my freinds has just found out that he can log into the game but not into the website or account manager to link his acc. He and other people with the same problem obviously can't access the forums becasue you now need a PW acct.

2.. where are my messages, I was transferring them to word from the forum access becasue you can't copy & paste from teh ingame mail
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And I think I've got my Avy and sig sort of working.
    edited July 2012
    Ifound the signature part but where theheck is the avatar choice apart from the boring ones supplied?
    ok amended my signature, but it hasn't appeared here and now I can't rember where it was.......

and where the heck are all my mail messages.

• meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    Can I change the posts/page thing manually? If so, HOW? Please?
    I can't take credit for it since someone else posted it
    (can't find original posts, yay for hard-to-browse new forums...):
    You can change it here.
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I can't take credit for it since someone else posted it
    (can't find original posts, yay for hard-to-browse new forums...):
    You can change it here.

Thanks for the link Meredy, now i could atleast show in my sig who i'm really are.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got it earlier this morning/last night, but thanks Meredy for putting it here where I suspect more people will see it.
    10dsf81.png
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Indeed, thanks for sharing.. :biggrin:
    witchcraft.jpg

• cabgoldcabgold Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The friends list access from the website was great and I miss it. I have played since beta and think the friends list access and the access to your character builds via the website was awesome... now it sucks. Stop the suckage and bring those features back please.
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cabgold wrote: »
    The friends list access from the website was great and I miss it. I have played since beta and think the friends list access and the access to your character builds via the website was awesome... now it sucks. Stop the suckage and bring those features back please.
    We're on the same boat here, but... Sometimes people tend to move on, especially if those features could be (I may be dead wrong) a security issue, or easy to "hack" by strangers.. Still, i would also love to see those returning in the future, as i mention in my previous post! :cool:
    witchcraft.jpg

• pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hate this. I miss my old username. All the money I have spent on PWE and cryptic games in the past...I will not forget this. On top of it all my username was reserved by PWE and I cannot change my Core name to it because my email already had this account name tied to it? So low...
    edited July 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Brad's working on an UNTIL Report, and we'll even be following that up with an Ask Cryptic! This should be happening soon.

I'll shoot off an e-mail to some people to look at the subscription counter.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Thanks for the answer, Stormy. :biggrin:
    Okay so I linked my accounts, and now it lets me log into the webpages but not the games, using the exact same credentials.

WTF!?
    edited July 2012
    Did you select Perfect World for your game login, or is the radio button still set on Cryptic?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• sevenbitbrian7sevenbitbrian7 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes I selected perfect world, Trying both logins on both PW and Cryptic do not work.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited July 2012
    I guess people who dont have cryptic accounts are fvcked then?

because i have PWE only... i wonder how acoutnguard will manage that...i used facebook to register at pwe...not an email adress
    edited July 2012
    I am registered with perfect world, I linked mine about 3mths ago, when I applied for neverwinter beta(no key yet)
    2 days ago my gold acct, paid up till august got changed to silver and listed as unsubscribed. I have put in a ticket by way of the homepage, I've got a ticket number email and am waiting for a reply.

• senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    I got it earlier this morning/last night, but thanks Meredy for putting it here where I suspect more people will see it.

I feel your pain PWe is not big on _ in a name.. your can be REi. with a Dot
    the 80x80 is sort of small on the avatar front.. i think they bowed low enough to respect my senior status to show proper respect.

I almost placed a happy tree friends here.. but i tired to avoid the dark side ..and defenders a nice default as i did not see talisman
  • myndzyemyndzye Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No Bueno. No Excuses thanks.:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talzinartalzinar Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't mind linking but I did not receive the rewards for doing it. I had already done the link before but it says I still qualify.
    Say what?!?!
  • sevenbitbrian7sevenbitbrian7 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't complain about not getting the rewards. I linked and now cant even log into the damn game.

Still can't log into this game or Star Trek Online after linking my accounts. yes I am selecting Perfect World, yes I am entering the right information, its the same thing that lets me log in here. But it tells me it's wrong when I try to log into the game.

Kind of hard to spend money on a game I can't play Perfect World. WTF!?
  • texastitan2001texastitan2001 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Linked my accounts and now I cannot get into the game. I how when this is cleared up that the July 4th Sales are still active. I was waiting for a good sale to spend my stipend and now I can't.
  • borujasanborujasan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is there any link to get the reward for linking our accounts?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The 'Cryptic Account Linking Gift Box' is in the C-Store.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2012
    And it's even free! :biggrin:

(I know, I know - but I take my benefits where I can find them, seen?) :cool:

• ninjamatrixninjamatrix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I will say that linking the accounts together does not work for me in the slightest. I have no idea why this is the case, nor do I even know how to fix this but I seriously feel as if PW does not care too much. Being a lifetime member seems to have little to no bearing on how the merger between accounts works and I can't even get someone to help when I submit a help request.

Oy...
  • fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Friends list and in-game mail features will not be coming back to the web site any time soon. I realize that some of you enjoyed that feature, but our website no longer talks to the game servers in the same way it used to.

Thanks,

WinterStormGreenShade

The real pity is that there is a fairly good solution to this issue, one that was requested a long time ago but has never come to pass. I don't expect that it ever *will*, either, but I'd like to point out that it was suggested.

The solution? Provide a programmatic API to the game *character* information and *non-secure* account information. Not an authentication API, that's a separate beast. Rather, something that would allow things that the website used to have, such as the inventory, level, perks, and quests data. Also a query for who is currently online and where, similar to the built-in search tool.

At that point, you either toss together a module for the website (depending on how it is implemented), or just fall back on "let the users write tools to access it and see what they're looking for". Because historically, we've been willing to go through *ridiculously* convoluted web pages in order to get this, when it was there, so I'm willing to bet that publishing the most basic, bare-bones raw data flow from the game would be more than enough to get some of us to build things that would "make it pretty", even if they are third party sites.

I duly expect this to get tossed into the same bin as "provide a feedback mechanism and crowd-source the costume clipping information", but c'est la vie.
    edited July 2012
    Mine was listed as unsubscribed but I've got it back with the help of the support group.

You can check here https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/menu, to see whether its unsubscribed you.

if you can't get the ticket button to work, I never have.

Here's the emails for support & cust help

pwe1@mailmw.custhelp.com

customerservice@perfectworld.com

The first one is the one on the email from support, the other is the one I use to report, so either should do. Put cryptic acct not working or similar in header, so they know who gets it

If you keep getting invalid name or password. I got that with my new silver acct. I went to acct section at the top of the page, changed it then relogged and it worked.

Remember Perfect world names have no capitals. I was trying to spell my username with caps.

• angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the new Champions Online Website!
    We know some of you will have some questions about linking your accounts...
    I have a question :confused:
    Why isn't your "pup-in-a-cup" avatar hosted on CO, and only on PWE? :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if this has been addressed, if it has, I can't find it. I used to be subscribed to a number of threads, but after creating a PWE account and linking them together (I think I did it right), all of my subscriptions are gone. Is there any way to find those? I liked those threads.

Also, isn't there some way to note people's original forum screennames? I know mine is gone. There were several names that I associated with quality content and now I just don't know who is who. How about just a line below their PWE screenname with their old Champions Online forum screenname?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if this has been addressed, if it has, I can't find it. I used to be subscribed to a number of threads, but after creating a PWE account and linking them together (I think I did it right), all of my subscriptions are gone. Is there any way to find those? I liked those threads.

Also, isn't there some way to note people's original forum screennames? I know mine is gone. There were several names that I associated with quality content and now I just don't know who is who. How about just a line below their PWE screenname with their old Champions Online forum screenname?

The new forum is actually on a different framework -- while many things were imported over, I don't think that subscriptions were, I'm afraid. I think you'll have to resubscribe, unfortunately.

As for the second item... unfortunately, the only way that I can think of to do this would be too labor-intensive. I'd have to manually enter every old name.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, isn't there some way to note people's original forum screen names?
    I know mine is gone.
    There were several names that I associated with quality content and now I just don't know who is who.
    How about just a line below their PWE screenname with their old Champions Online forum screenname?
    ...Unfortunately, the only way that I can think of to do this would be too labor-intensive.

I'd have to manually enter every old name.
    1. Either EVERYONE is going to have to put their "old" @handle in their sig (as some have done).
    2. Or someone is going to have to keep track of the old>new names, and make them accessable on a link :cool:
    I attempted the second option, if you want to participate, feel free :wink:

*points to " ? " in his sig*

Although this brings to mind, what the heck is the "Edit your Details" forum option for if not to put in stuff like this?

NONE of it's viewable, because the link takes us directly to the PW site with different info.
    Maybe if we could "R.Click" select options again on the forums, it would help?
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?