What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE Website Integration Monday, July 2nd 8AM PDT

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nepht wrote:
    But you always post on the proboards Rox hardly ever does O___O"

Maybe I'll try to make more of an effort now. :) I have been keeping "Psi's Journals" updated and comment every so often in the Off Topic section.
    edited June 2012
    Roxstar wrote:

Maybe I'll try to make more of an effort now. :) I have been keeping "Psi's Journals" updated and comment every so often in the Off Topic section.

You better or I will unleash the bunnehs :O
    edited June 2012
    I think once the forums are gutted the proboards are going to see something of a renaissance.
    edited June 2012
    On the topic of TSW... I appologize for implying that the game's Templar faction was based on the real life Knights Templars or that the original Templars were still around. I'm not really up on my Templar history since I only remember very vague bits from years back, I just figured that there were enough superficial similarities for the devs to have drawn inspiration from them, and figured that the huge stone castle they used as a headquarters in the game was inspired from Knight Templar stone structures.

On the topic of the character creator...
    stjobe wrote:
    Its character creator is limited, yes. You can't go into it thinking "I want to create this specific character", you'll have to go into it thinking "let's see if I can make something I'm okay with". And you can.

...this^ cannot be stressed enough.

Don't go with a specific picture of the character you want to create or you'll be frustrated and unable to do much. Best bet is to go in ready to work with what you got and you might create a character you enjoy.

And I agree that Ragnar Tornqvist is an excellent story teller, and I enjoyed his characters a lot. There's a lot of individuality and distinctiveness in the NPCs in the game in the way they express themselves. And the story can draw you in if you let it, but a has been said repeatedly--the game is very niche, so it might not be for everyone.
    edited June 2012

Don't go with a specific picture of the character you want to create or you'll be frustrated and unable to do much. Best bet is to go in ready to work with what you got and you might create a character you enjoy.
    I have actually been looking up other games to potentially replace CO with and TSW has been one I am thinking about.

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across a presentation that TSW devs did at GDC 2012. In it, they said that the initial character customization is limited now, but at launch there will be more. Not sure to what extent this is true, but I thought it was worth noting.

Source:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBSUgKbKaWs
    edited June 2012
    There is always the free to play game comeing soon Mechwarrior online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76abFui4lx4
    edited June 2012
    Amyjia wrote:
    I have actually been looking up other games to potentially replace CO with and TSW has been one I am thinking about.

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across a presentation that TSW devs did at GDC 2012. In it, they said that the initial character customization is limited now, but at launch there will be more. Not sure to what extent this is true, but I thought it was worth noting.

Source:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBSUgKbKaWs
    It is somewhat true - there's a few more options than were in that presentation, but there's also less; the height slider is gone.

Now, yesterday Ragnar posted that they've stepped up production of an in-game character modifier; facial features, hairstyles, and body art, but they won't be in until end of August at earliest. It will be free of cost first time, any subsequent times will cost in-game currency.
    edited June 2012
    Gunarm wrote:
    There is always the free to play game comeing soon Mechwarrior online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76abFui4lx4

It doesn't exactly live in the same conceptual space as CO or TSW as MMOs, though. The "community warfare" thing they've talked about might make it Eve-like, if they actually model territory to move across, assault, and place structures on. but it takes a lot more work to create convincingly varied, organic, and still-playable ground terrain than space, so I doubt that's where they're aiming.

That's not to say that I don't think MWO may turn out really awesome, but more in the sense of a game like the Battlefield series..
    edited June 2012
    Y'all are looking for a good MMO? There's this one I've been playing a lot, has a fantastic character creator, great individualization. The company that runs it is kind of douchey, but the game itself is fun to play.

It's called, like, Chumps Online, or something like that...
    edited June 2012
    I'm just biding my time till GW2 comes out. I play a little of whatever I can that costs nothing -- Diablo III starter edition, TERA trial, SWTOR trial, etc. Also just picked up Lego Batman 2, so that should eat up a weekend. And I always have DCUO and STO to fall back on if I run out of things to play (unlikely as I tend to accumulate games faster than I can play them these days).
    edited June 2012
    UPDATE: We've moved up the start of the maintenance to 8AM PDT on Monday, July 2nd.
    edited June 2012
    StormShade wrote:
    UPDATE: We've moved up the start of the maintenance to 8AM PDT on Monday, July 2nd.
    And are there any updates yet concerning the region ban (he asked forlornly)?
    edited June 2012
    Please answer this
    edited June 2012
    I'm sorry, all questions must be submitted in writing on 20 lb no. 3 white paper, double spaced in new courier font with black ink, then deposited in a mayonnaise jar on Jay Leno's front porch on the third Thursday of any month with an R in the name. One question will be selected at random to receive an answer which has absolutely no correlation to the question asked.
    edited June 2012
    Galeforce wrote:
    I'm sorry, all questions must be submitted in writing on 20 lb no. 3 white paper, double spaced in new courier font with black ink, then deposited in a mayonnaise jar on Jay Leno's front porch on the third Thursday of any month with an R in the name. One question will be selected at random to receive an answer which has absolutely no correlation to the question asked.

No wonder I haven't gotten a response!

I've been leaving the mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnells' porch...

<shakes fist at the sky> Damn you Johnny, for leading me astray!

:p
    edited June 2012
    "We’ve done our best to reserve what Cryptic Display and Account Names we could, so there is a good chance that your display name has already been reserved for you.!"

What does this mean, and how do I know whether my handle was reserved or not?
    edited June 2012
    Pulsewave wrote:
    "We’ve done our best to reserve what Cryptic Display and Account Names we could, so there is a good chance that your display name has already been reserved for you.!"

What does this mean, and how do I know whether my handle was reserved or not?

Try to log into the PWE website using your Cryptic username (adjusted to conform to PWE naming conventions) and password. If you can, then your names have been reserved, as in, Cryptic already created a PWE account for you using your Cryptic info. If you can't log in it means either your Cryptic username and/or @name were already in use in the PWE system and you'll have to choose a different name(s).
    edited June 2012
    Nepht wrote:
    Seems they have listened a little to their customers and thought they best mull over some things.
    Some respect has been restored.

It would be nice if that was the case.

I know this is probably against the TOS but since I am walking away from the game it doesn't matter to me what happens on Monday.

I tried to link my accounts but its not working. I file a ticket telling them where in the process I am running into a snag complete with copy and pasted info from the screen.

I get a form letter email for a reply with instructions on how to link accounts that contains a dead link. Had they read my email they would have known that I followed the process and where I ran into a snag. Sending a link that doesn't work speaks volumes about the value they place on customer service. It takes 5 seconds to click a link, see if it works correctly, and correct it if it doesn't.

Unfortunately I responded in frustration and with a lot of snark and used the phrase criminal negligence when describing Cryptic's handling of the lock out situation.

The response is an email claiming that the last email I sent them did not come from the same email address I originally responded with to the first PWE response, and they could not update my incident report. Let's ignore the fact that you can read the email and follow the trails of send and reply through the email and the headers. This time they tell me to click on a link to update my incident report but fail to include a link.

If Cryptic and PWE are delaying this until Monday it is because they are once again screwing the pooch.

I could push the issue, raise a big stink about having a LTS and that once again I am going to find myself locked of my account for awhile because once again Cryptic or PWE can't handle something basic as account maintenance.

This is supposed to be a fun diversion and instead the game and the surrounding issues with Cryptic/PWE make it frustrating more than any thing else.

Its not worth it though to fight for my pound of flesh so I am walking away with wallet in hand.
    edited July 2012
    ToadFist wrote:
    It would be nice if that was the case.

I know this is probably against the TOS but since I am walking away from the game it doesn't matter to me what happens on Monday.

I tried to link my accounts but its not working. I file a ticket telling them where in the process I am running into a snag complete with copy and pasted info from the screen.

I get a form letter email for a reply with instructions on how to link accounts that contains a dead link. Had they read my email they would have known that I followed the process and where I ran into a snag. Sending a link that doesn't work speaks volumes about the value they place on customer service. It takes 5 seconds to click a link, see if it works correctly, and correct it if it doesn't.

Unfortunately I responded in frustration and with a lot of snark and used the phrase criminal negligence when describing Cryptic's handling of the lock out situation.

The response is an email claiming that the last email I sent them did not come from the same email address I originally responded with to the first PWE response, and they could not update my incident report. Let's ignore the fact that you can read the email and follow the trails of send and reply through the email and the headers. This time they tell me to click on a link to update my incident report but fail to include a link.

If Cryptic and PWE are delaying this until Monday it is because they are once again screwing the pooch.

I could push the issue, raise a big stink about having a LTS and that once again I am going to find myself locked of my account for awhile because once again Cryptic or PWE can't handle something basic as account maintenance.

This is supposed to be a fun diversion and instead the game and the surrounding issues with Cryptic/PWE make it frustrating more than any thing else.

Its not worth it though to fight for my pound of flesh so I am walking away with wallet in hand.

Your tickets get responses ?

I was under the impression that Stormshade's signature contained a minor mistake in its wording.

"If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please do not send a PM, instead, file a community support ticket here. We are no longer able to respond to PMs."

I thought that it was supposed to say, "we are no longer able to respond to PMs at all, nor tickets in an even remotely helpful manner, so you might as well save yourself some frustration and just give up now."

I know that concerns raised in my own tickets are not being addressed at all. Good luck on yours though.
    edited July 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:

I was under the impression that Stormshade's signature contained a minor mistake in its wording.

"If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please do not send a PM, instead, file a community support ticket here. We are no longer able to respond to PMs."

I thought that it was supposed to say, "we are no longer able to respond to PMs at all, nor tickets in an even remotely helpful manner, so you might as well save yourself some frustration and just give up now."

I know that concerns raised in my own tickets are not being addressed at all. Good luck on yours though.

Anything regarding the game itself seems to universally get that treatment. Basic account issues - the sort of issues that prevent people from having the ability to toss money at PWE - get much, much more attention.
    edited July 2012
    Needs more GLaDOS.

A new Transition party with Cake .. was Triumphantly missed.
    I guess my practical college degree isn't applied to research at the proper corporate research lab.

Test subject exhibits a memory of how things were and is resistant to re-education techniques normally
    successful on their terrain meta species
    edited July 2012
    Anything regarding the game itself seems to universally get that treatment. Basic account issues - the sort of issues that prevent people from having the ability to toss money at PWE - get much, much more attention.

I have noticed that support tickets that get routed to Cryptic seem to get far better treatment than those handled by PWE support. So if at all possible it's best to use the PWE web support form and select Champions from the game list as it probably gives you a better chance of getting a Cryptic CSR.
    edited July 2012
    JonSills wrote:
    Okay, let me get this straight -

You created your account here, specifying that all emails would be sent to a given email address.

You then closed out that email account, but at no time did you log into your My Account page at the Cryptic website and change the old email to a new one.

And it's their fault that the email went to the wrong address?? When, exactly, did you get the impression that Cryptic's CS team employed telepaths and/or clairvoyants?

I mean, honestly, there have been enough missteps around this whole "integration" mess. There's really no need to make up new issues to complain about...

In 2009 I create an account with an email addy.

In 2010 I change the addy associated with the account. Later on the first addy is deleted as it was compromised.

In 2012 Cryptic discovers that their database had been compromised, my account may have been affected and they send me a link to reset my password. The email it generates is sent to the email addy originally used for account creation. The one I haven't had linked for two years.

None of which has any bearing on their sending me a form email with a broken link, one that is missing a link or claiming that the email addy I was using for my current issue changed midstream.
    edited July 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:

I wish you the best of luck. Right now I've hit a brick wall with support.

On Monday I'll have to have a new debit card issued because I don't want to risk having the card number sitting on an account I can't get to.

Mechwarrior Online looks like it may be fun. The last time I was cappin Atlases in a Jenner was way back in my AOL days when 56K was all the rage.
    edited July 2012
    I had no issues with the support and my friend had to unlink his accoutna nd it just took him like 2 days to get it fixed and change his @name and forum name then relink he had the same issues so what he had them do is delete the PWE account then he could remake it and relink it. Have you tried asking them to delete your accoutn so you can remake it and try again?
    edited July 2012
    Finally got around linking my accounts. Looks like I had my account and forum names mixed up so the forum side of things won't be as messed up as I thought they might be. I won't be forced a (much) different forum name after all, except for a "01" at the end: visionstorm01

It was my account name that actually changed but that won't show up for anyone but me.
    edited July 2012
    Thats why i said in a mail to my sg.. Write down the password the name and make sure you type the with no Caps and try to make sure you got it all writen down first and then do it..Like i did to make sure i diden't have any of those issues.
    edited July 2012
    Galeforce wrote:

Of course anyone that scribbles a drawing of a fridge monster in crayon on the back of a shaven kitten will get answered immediately.
    edited July 2012
    SenshiBat wrote:
    Needs more GLaDOS.

This was a trial.
    I'm making a note here: Cryptic failed!
    It's hard for us to understand their actions.

Perfect World Entrertainment.
    They do what they want,
    Because they can.
    For the good of all of us.
    Except the ones who are banned.

But there's no sense crying over anyone of you.
    We will keep on farming to get even more Q.
    There are alerts to be done,
    To get another new gun,
    For the people at Champions Online.

I'm really quite angry.
    I'm being serious right now.
    Not only did they break the base and banned you,
    Removed half our unlockers,
    Killed PvP, and crafting too.
    And all the bugs keep bugging us, so I am happy for you!

Now while Cryptic World today sure has crossed the line,
    There's still City of Heroes,
    Maybe try that sometime.
    Some are glad they won't get banned,
    But things are getting out of hand,
    For the people at Champions Online.

Go ahead and leave us.
    I think I will stay until the end.
    Maybe you will find some other game to play.

Maybe World of Warcraft.
    That was a joke!
    Haha, of course.
    Even though CO is great,
    It was much better before!

Look at me still talking,
    When there's grinding to do.
    Take a look back here, be glad it's over for you!
    We'll get more alerts to run,
    There is farming to be done,
    For us people at Champions Online.

And believe me I will stay online.
    I'll be still playing Champions Online.
    I feel NOSTALGIC while I'm still online.
    CO is dying and I'm still online.
    And while you're out there I'll be still online.
    Still online. Still online.

- Original by GLaDOS alias Ellen McLain. She sings better than I do. ^^
    - I already posted this elsewhere, but I think it's appropriate here.
    edited July 2012
    From a Distance
    by Bette Milder could work with some poetic licence to the way we used to be.

From a distance we used to see crafting in harmony
    perfect power replacements for the hero you could be
    Power shields and grenades of smoke
    so the villains could not see

From a Distance Hero Steve is watching us
    he is watching us...

and Remembers Andy Mathews drawing
    such beautiful P-n-P things for us to see

There was a Hero Path to follow
    that we could team in
    to build UNITY
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bette%20midler%20here%20to%20a%20distant%20world&source=video&cd=5&ved=0CFQQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshangrila-shangrila.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F11%2Fbette-midler-from-distance.html&ei=vsbwT4KlGIW9rQHinvjlDQ&usg=AFQjCNFmUmt4PIwCWNWqOI5j4et3mJPvjA
    edited July 2012
    We once were heroes
    Away faded in the night
    Tales never again
    edited July 2012
    ToadFist wrote:
    I wish you the best of luck. Right now I've hit a brick wall with support.

On Monday I'll have to have a new debit card issued because I don't want to risk having the card number sitting on an account I can't get to.

Mechwarrior Online looks like it may be fun. The last time I was cappin Atlases in a Jenner was way back in my AOL days when 56K was all the rage.

Don't waste your time. In my experience, even asking for a clarification of something as simple as the forum rules can get you threatened. The service here is beyond abysmal, and was long before PWE took over.
    edited July 2012
    Just wanted to say..."So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
    edited July 2012
    Bans and lockouts coming down from the skies! Russians and Asians banned!
    Three years of posting history archived! Guides, tutorials gone...
    Dead threads rising from the grave!
    Avatars sacrifice, Cryptic and PWE sleeping together... Mass hysteria!

So, what are we doing today, Cryptic?
    We must prepare for the coming of PWE.
    PWE?
    The Destructor.
    [long pause]
    Are we still going out?

[in an inhuman demonic voice] There is no Cryptic, only PWE!
    edited July 2012
    I want it to be known I hated everyone here until the end.

That is all.
    Hugs & kisses, Chat
    edited July 2012
    We who are about to die, salute you!

With which finger is left as an exercise for the reader.
    edited July 2012
    I have had ZERO problems setting up a PWE account, linking to CO, buying Zen & converting the zen points to C-Store points. Maybe the problem is too many retarded users.:eek:
    edited July 2012
    I had no issues either...so..
    edited July 2012
    Chat wrote:
    I want it to be known I hated everyone here until the end.

That is all.
    Hugs & kisses, Chat

This statement is full of lies.
    edited July 2012
    If I don't get the chance again:

goodbye, forums.
    edited July 2012
    Say goodnight Witchcraft...
    edited July 2012
    ubtri wrote:
    I have had ZERO problems setting up a PWE account, linking to CO, buying Zen & converting the zen points to C-Store points. Maybe the problem is too many retarded users.:eek:

Reading. Worth it every time...
    edited July 2012
    Reading. Worth it every time...

I refute that, improvisation is where it's at.
    edited July 2012
    We still here?
    edited July 2012
    /tap tap tap
    /feedback

Is this still on?
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they want it to be sudden.

The shock and suspense makes it more delicious, I guess.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, let's see if I can post under my name now...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So now I can't see which of my friends are ingame, I can't see my mail, I can't pick my own forum image and the forum layout -had- to change to a layout that looks like it belongs to 90s free forums? God-bleeping-dammit.

How did anyone think this would be beneficial to anyone?

EDIT:

Oh, and it shows I have 0 days subscribed, and that I joined July 2012. Eeeexcellent.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, let's see if I can post under my name now...
    Pretty much this, I think I'm stuck with a crappy handle I created way back...(LordOfTheAbyss btw)
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lol you think your name is bad, at least you didn't get mine.