Build your Super Hero!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    nice asymitries man

Psyborg wrote: »
    Right. Hi Guys, first thread I read here. Hopefully I can become one of those Old Lurkers for this MMO. The ones you see who can claim to be "Veterans" at launch. ^_^

I've missed out on every other game ever, but this is my chance for Great Justice.

Enough about me, you didn't ask for my f***ing life story, amirite?

Here's a Concept for Psyborg Prime.

He's my long running Hero concept. Many things change in the many time lines and realities he's been involved with, but a few home truths stay the same:

- He has an Assymetrical Costume.
    - He uses a Melee Weapon.
    - He has Psychic Powers, including Telekinesis, Foresight and Telepathy.
    - He can change his appearance with a Psychic/Optic camouflage.
    - He's a Cyborg, normally from the Future, or an alternate dimension.
    - He's the reincarnation of a fallen hero.
    - He was constructed by the 'Artillects'.

Psyborg Prime: Out
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My concept for a Lemurian:

wetnwild.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So here is my hero took me a while to create him but he will probably even look beter in the game where I will try to make his energy burst poweres come to live and give him a more metallic kind of look. He will use one sword style as well as one or two energy based attacks while still keeping him very melee xD. probably I will give him teleport or acrobatics at LVL 5 cause nothing else would really fit.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8962/maikieru.jpg

some variation in weapons :)

http://img33.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=maikieru3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i used the name genrerator and the name that came out was chick trapper, things were melle:chops/slashes,luk,trapping or something. i thought it was funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LOL will your char actually have that name :D?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I had another though how about a character like Snake Eyes from the latest G.I.JOE movie
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how many supers we can make because I wanted to make a power house and a sleuth
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is another character I came up w/ as part of Death Magnet's rogues gallery, but am considering having him as an actual character as it'd be hard to have him be fully realized w/o giving him a mix of powers.

His name is Reload and he utilizes telekinetic abillties in unison with firearms. He was once controlled by a secret millitary organization for use as an agent and assasin. After every mission his handlers would erase his memory and give him a new personality and memories. Freed from the organization's control he seeks to recover his true memories and strike back against those who manipulated him for so long.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like the first one better. The second one looks a little like an aquatic Dr. Manhattan.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Which character creators work still because some of the ones ive tried dont work well anymore. Btw, if any of you want to try a character for me My character will be more of a gritty, 'have no mercy' type of hero. He will use pistols and a variety of different Martial Arts. minimum armor, if any, and darker colors.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maikieru wrote: »
    LOL will your char actually have that name :D?
    mabye i know im making a power house, a guy with swords acrobatics and gadgets, and then a guy thats every element.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    here's my hero, I named him Valideus. His powers are based around force, which also enhance his close quarters combat.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nice look man. I will be posting mine up for my main character, Ricochet, as soon as i come up with a good enough look.....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also i would like to know how to post the character onto the forum. thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    AtlasFlame wrote: »
    Also i would like to know how to post the character onto the forum. thanks.

Okay first, create your character, then look for the "Prt Scr" key on your keyboard. Once you have done that. open up microsoft paint (it should be under just "paint") and ctrl+V. This will copy the screen.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Then how do i upload it from there? ive gotten it on MS paint, and erased the unnecessary things.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's another hero I came up with. His name is Proeliatrus. His powers consist of might and enery propulsion.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cool stuff man. I like the colors. How do you attach it as a thumbnail from paint like that?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    AtlasFlame wrote: »
    Then how do i upload it from there? ive gotten it on MS paint, and erased the unnecessary things.

save it under the file tab. Name your file/picture of your hero, place it in your pictures or someplace you'll remember. Then, go to the forums, click post reply, then go to the paperclip icon, click that. Browse your pictures or wherever you placed it, and look for your hero. Open, upload and you're done.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks. Okay, here is my first Ricochet look ive got. feel free to give feedback and opinions.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's two of my favourite characters that I have made. The first is Tyr, the Norse God of single combat. His hand was taken by the great wolf Fenrir (who will be his nemesis). In game he will have a robotic arm as a replacement.

Tyr.jpg

The other character is one I have been playing around with for a long time. He really isn't technically a 'hero' but he is pretty awesome anyway. His name is Thanatos.

Thanatos.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Mental Mystic is gunna be telepathy/sorcerer mix, I think it should make for an interesting power set... ;)
    For Rifo I'm thinking of getting down with some gadgeteer, and maybe two gun mojo, though I haven't made my mind up yet... Rifo Ebb was a smug/pistoleer for most my career in SWG... I have a good concept of what I wanna do with him, but I need a chance to play around with him a bit. Anywho lemme know what you guys think, of my "hero art" :p
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    they all look great guys. I like the Mental Mystic the best Rifo_Ebb

Now here is an updated pic on Ricochet with and without cape. Im liking this one more than the first one. Lemme know what you guys think:D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so, i was up forever last night thinking about a new hero, or atleast a better costume for Ricochet, so i came up with this: I present, Protege'! feedback welcome!:D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like the look, its very interesting. When I make my character costumes, i decide on what their powers and abilities are, and then create the costume on that basis. So, If we know what Ricochets powers are, we can better depict a suitable costume for him.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay. Ricochet will be mainly Martial Arts and Munitions. Travel power(s) will either be acrobatics, jumping, or swinging. Just depends on what acrobatics looks like.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    @AtlasFlame Love the Protege thats some awesome dude

This is my first post in this section was messing around with the hero maker and came up with.

Rebound (was gonna call him Ricochet lol)
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8931/rebound.jpg

White Reflex (My Hero from CoH)
    http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9820/whitereflex.jpg
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1968/whitereflextech.jpg

Oh and i took a shot at Ricochet as i imagine him hope you like it AtlasFlame
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5301/ricochet.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Darkbeat wrote: »
    Here is Samantha. I've yet to come up with a super name for her but she is personally inspired by tales of Robin Hood.

Here she is

I dig the character. Love your avatar pic
  • Options
    edited August 2009

This is my first post in this section was messing around with the hero maker and came up with.

Rebound (was gonna call him Ricochet lol)
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8931/rebound.jpg

White Reflex (My Hero from CoH)
    http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9820/whitereflex.jpg
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1968/whitereflextech.jpg

Rebound looks awesome! You should definitely create him in-game.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Thanks man, i appreciate it, and thats a good look for Ricochet as well. Heres another version of him, although im not sure if its as good as the others....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorry about the length, this was the last character I played about 10 years ago in a 4 color campaign using the old 2nd edition rules. Bringing him to life online in full color just felt like the right thing to do.

Life always finds a way; if there was ever one thing that is true in this universe it would be that statement. Even in places we could never imagine, life can be found. Even among the stars themselves.

There have been times thoughout the history of the universe when something special needed to be accomplished. At those times Heroes were born. Jason, Hercules, even Defender could be said to be a product of this need. And so it was over a millenia ago, the Universe needed a hero, and so a Star died. But this was no ordinary death; for in the final destruction of that star, Life formed anew. Amid the cataclysmic release of energy a being emerged. Born of the star and containing all that it was, this being hurtled into space, it's course seemingly a random direction.

For over 1000 years this being traveled between the stars until one fateful night; in a flash of brilliant light it came to the small planet we now know as Earth. The year was 1209, and the Papal Inquisition was in full swing. Imagine the horror when an actual demon was seen walking the back roads of France; it's golden skin reflecting the red fires of hell that could be seen in it's eyes. The Inquisition made more than one attempt to capture the demon; but the creature's power was more than a match for their primitive weaapons. The being could not understand what these others were screaming, and so in confusion the being left earth; or so it seemed.

The year is 2009, and in the skies above the earth an Invasion force has gathered, intent on conquering the people below. But they are not alone; for that ancient visitor has been watching, and learning as the centuries have passed. It has seen the worst and the best of our race; and deep down the being knows that this place, this planet so far from where it first came to be, deserves to be saved. And so as the invasion begins, many of th aliens find themselves facing a golden skinned demon, and they find themselves facing defeat. It is not until after the last battle has been fought that the being once again stands upon the surface of the earth; and there, meeting other heroes who fought to save all of Humanity, is finally given the last thing ll life needs.

A name. And so Starlok was born anew.

Life certainly found a way.

Starlok was obviously made ith the RPG rules where he is immune to aging, cold, radiation and vacuum (doubt they will be in the game of course). His nemisis is actually a religious fanatic, and decsendant of one of the men who tried to capture him back in the middle ages. He still thinks Starlok is a demon and treats him that way. I am working on the picture of him, but for some reason Heromachine 3 won't save on my laptop, so when I get home I will add the piic.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, assuming I can both get the character generator to duplicate this, and I actually pre-order and buy the game (I'm still on-the-fence a bit), I'm planning a super-strong Ice guy based on my Transformers fan character of the same name. Trying to keep myself multiversally cross-pollinated so to speak. :D

UrsaMagnusHeroJacket.jpg

UrsaMagnusHeroNoJacket.jpg

And yes, despite having the prefix 'Ursa', both he (and I) are a guy. I realize now that all those years back I should have used 'Ursus' instead. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi all,

I'm designing a character for this game. So far, the only consistent idea is that his superpower is to do with electricity, and he can fly - though I'm on and off whether he can fly everywhere, or just over power cables so they charge his flight, or maybe he can go a lot faster over power cables, hmm... Ah, the joys of the design phase...

Anyway, I'll figure out that stuff later, what I'd like help with is the look. I've mocked up a couple of ideas, neither of which I'm entirely happy with.

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.

I originally thought of him with a dark personality, so I went for a dark grey and purple theme, with splashes of yellow to make the character more visually interesting. I've since had second thoughts about the personality, but I like the colours so I've stuck to it.

If you don't mind having a look and seeing which parts you like better in which pictures, or even suggesting ideas of your own, that'd be great. Even more so if you have ideas for the leggings, no matter what I do with them I'm just not happy.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    UrsaMagnus wrote:
    Well, assuming I can both get the character generator to duplicate this, and I actually pre-order and buy the game (I'm still on-the-fence a bit), I'm planning a super-strong Ice guy based on my Transformers fan character of the same name. Trying to keep myself multiversally cross-pollinated so to speak. :D

UrsaMagnusHeroJacket.jpg

UrsaMagnusHeroNoJacket.jpg

And yes, despite having the prefix 'Ursa', both he (and I) are a guy. I realize now that all those years back I should have used 'Ursus' instead. :D

Nice, I like the look! A nice strong patriotic look with the colours and the shoulders. I prefer him without the jacket, the shoulderpads on the outside of the jacket doesn't look right to me, the colours are more evenly distributed with more red visible, and it's a kinda casual piece which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the look.

And Ursa-Magnus sounds good to me, doesn't really sound like a feminine name. Ursus-Magnus doesn't flow as well, but that's just me speaking
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tobbo wrote:
    Nice, I like the look! A nice strong patriotic look with the colours and the shoulders. I prefer him without the jacket, the shoulderpads on the outside of the jacket doesn't look right to me, the colours are more evenly distributed with more red visible, and it's a kinda casual piece which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the look.

Thanks. That was coincidental when I made him, but it does work really well.
    And Ursa-Magnus sounds good to me, doesn't really sound like a feminine name. Ursus-Magnus doesn't flow as well, but that's just me speaking

I thought that as well, back when I came up with the name. Ah, well. What's done is done, and I've been using it FAR too long to worry about changing it now. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey guiys im backs, with new Electromatter stuff

Her is ElectroMatter channeling the electrical impulses from his brain to his hand to his legs and other hand lifting himself off the ground with one hand and discharging a bolt of energy with the other...

Picture
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tobbo wrote:
    Hi all,

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.

I originally thought of him with a dark personality, so I went for a dark grey and purple theme, with splashes of yellow to make the character more visually interesting. I've since had second thoughts about the personality, but I like the colours so I've stuck to it.

If you don't mind having a look and seeing which parts you like better in which pictures, or even suggesting ideas of your own, that'd be great. Even more so if you have ideas for the leggings, no matter what I do with them I'm just not happy.

Thanks!

hey u have a good concept here and i have a suggestion form of him i created...here

I added sleves re-arranged some colors changed the gloves gave him a hood+insignia+new cape style
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Neoshock!

I wasn't too sure about the hood at first, but I've gotta say it's starting to grow on me. I didn't add an insignia before as I wasn't sure what to have: lightning seemed a bit too obvious (and gawd knows I hate making things easy for myself) but nothing else made sense. I'm not sure on the boots though, I think they look a little too techy for me... But I'm being really fussy about the boots and can't seem to find anything I like...

Yeah, I like what you've created and I'll definately have a fiddle around and see if I can make the hood work for me in-game!

I like the look of yours too, plain black suit with bold yellow for the extras, stands out well and is a good example of less is more. The mouth mask is a nice unique thing, I've not seen many others who haven't got a whole dual blades ninja theme going along with it. Also, yellow lightning is definately the way forward. Couldn't stand it when it was blue.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thanks tobbo and ur welcome, i havnt been here in a while and i hadnt made anything in a while i could probably have done better if i did it now instead of then.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice to kill time while game is patching / installing. :p
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Mellinium City former MARS agent Nala Tredwells is given a magical suit after her armor is destroyed, however the suit quickly overwhelms her humanity. In a attempt to reclaim what was lost she forces herself to wear battle armor atop the magical suit to try and regain some of her lost humanity.

http://nekollx.deviantart.com/art/Neko-The-Tank-135719860
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fVoSkrnCCydmZTDia7JoIYh4l5k2TGxc

Here's my latest Electromatter creation...i changed his hair. Here he is floating and firing a bolt of lightning
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Here u can find
    The Abyss
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ... and Captain Winter.....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here are two of my characters.

RobotAttachment not found.

and NoirAttachment not found.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Can somebody tell me how to center a mesage in the Character Description?
    Like this Text here!!!