test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Build your Super Hero!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Fan Base Alpha
Hey guys, here are some links to help you create your heroes.

Name Generator:
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=superheronameorg

Superhero Creator:
http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/ <---- Newest One
http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp
http://www.iniciative.com.br/edu/heroomatic/fabrica.swf
http://rapidshare.com/files/133970420/fabrica.rar.html

Use these to try and help you create a hero. If you decide to try it, post some pics of your created hero here. :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Here is another hero machine:
    http://www.iniciative.com.br/edu/heroomatic/fabrica.swf
    It's kinda in portugese, but once you figure it all out i like it a little more than the Ugo machine
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    HAH! A timm style hero creator. I had this idea way back, never had the drive to go ahead and do it..

It's a nice alternative. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys here are pics of what my character will look like.

Click Here to see Posydon1
    Click Here to see Posydon2

The name of my character will be "Posydon" - A direct descendant of Poseidon, God of the Sea.

Edit: Can you guys please critique these, to let me know what changes I should make - any color changes and what not. Also vote on which one you like better. Thanks XD
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like the first one better. The second one looks a little like an aquatic Dr. Manhattan.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    How do you save the pictures off the spanish one
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Just press "Prt Scrn" on your keyboard and open Photoshop or some similar program and press "ctrl+v"
  • Options
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Wow, thats pretty cool man. Nice choice of colors. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Check out Tidepool! Who looks very similar to Kelp Plankton from City of Heroes but is totally a different character. Or something.

I love the Timm style.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sweet character man, love the look. :D Lol, I should work on mine more to make him look more like a hero.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I decided to make my more serious hero rather then Mr. Awesome

Meet the Iron Clad Irishman, The Steel Skinned Celt...

Indestructible
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Wow, very cool concept dude, looks amazing.:D

Alright I made some more changes to Posydon. I need you guys to decide what looks better - the Yellow accessories or the White accessories.

Posydon - Yellow Accessories
    Posydon Normal
    Posydon Transformed

Posydon - White Accessories
    Posydon Normal 2
    Posydon Transformed 2
    Posydon Complete Transform
  • Options
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    This will be my speed based character ---> " Velocity "
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think I prefer Posyden with the gold trim and transformed.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Haha..I use these all the time. They're pretty decent if I do say so myself. And cool stuff God of the Seas. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2008

OMG that looks awesome man. :D Love the Roman warrior look to it.

I have a request - can someone try and make Hades for me, because he will be the arch-nemesis of my character, Posydon - Lord of the Ocean, and also his long lost brother. If someone wants to try and make Hades, could you kind of make it some what related to how my character looks. My character is still a high school student, so Hades should also be young :)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Pos u can use that model if you want. he is alittle too powerful for my type of character
    here's one of my main characters: [http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll115/B1g_trouble/Heroes/PlagueBearer-1.jpg

street level heroes are more my flavor, and how would u want hades, dark and sinister or the standard fire user's personality
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lol cool looking character - I like seeing different versions of animal type characters.

Oh and for Hades, I was thinking of something like this --> Hades, Lord of the Underworld
    Thats how he will look in his Transformed state. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    that pic is boss.
    i hope the game engine will let you make that
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright well, since we're staying on the "use the creator" topic, I'll show one of three of my Hypnos ideas. With my character, the plot is this: Norman the mere mortal comes across this magickal Pendulum (which he wears around his neck at all times) that allows him to switch places with the God of Sleep himself, Hypnos. As Hypnos appears within the real world, Norman goes into the 'dream world' in which he stays until Hypnos switches back. The two can not exist on the 'physical plain' at the same time, so the only way the two can communicate is through dreams. Well..here it is:

Norman: http://groups.msn.com/JosiahsProfiles/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=105

Hypnos: http://groups.msn.com/JosiahsProfiles/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=104 (I have four other looks, but I will not show them yet. :P)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Great job dude. That is such a unique concept with the storyline, love the idea man. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    hey if anyone feels up to the task, i've been mulling this idea for a character in the head. i'm thinking of a joker/ green goblin combination of the green and purples i really like the idea of the madman but i can't pinpoint what i want to do with costume
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I love the madmen villains too b1gtrouble...the ones who seemingly have no method to their madness....seemingly.... /shifty eyes

Anyways back on topic. If you can give me like some short concept info ot bio for your villain I can try and work my magic in the hero creator. I'm also gonna try and get Boogeyman up in here too.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    lol i've been thinking about this character all night and i think i've got the character down
    i can't give away much more than that - i think i'm gunna make him a hero who finds something that gives him power but the cost of this power is that it poisons the mind. i'd love to see more ppl try and make a dry run at what their character will look like
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hehe I understand. I wanna try and get my hero up here but the freaking Portugese hero maker doesnt have a skull logo :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Gza wrote: »
    Hehe I understand. I wanna try and get my hero up here but the freaking Portugese hero maker doesnt have a skull logo :mad:

Just take the near-finished costume into Photoshop or even MSPaint and add it yourself. That's what I did for the wave logo on Tidepool.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    *Sigh* Why can't I think of these obvious things Plankton?? :( Lol seriously I can't believe I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright finally got Boogeyman done. Although I might have to rework him a bit later but here's

His picture: http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/Cwkopitskie/Heros/Boogeyman2.jpg

And Bio: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=6138

Enjoy!

P.S. B1g_Trouble I'm gonna try your maniac villain if that's cool. Purple and green motif right???
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Here is Samantha. I've yet to come up with a super name for her but she is personally inspired by tales of Robin Hood.

Here she is
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ooooh nice. I love Robin Hood type characters; I was going to make my main character one as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah a madman has to wear both purple and green. Gza im interested in your view, i wish the portugese creator had one more layer to add
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah there are some things lacking from the creator but once you get going with it you just can't stop making heroes/villains!!!! I've made a bunch today it's a lot of fun. I'm gonna get your villain up in a bit B1g_trouble.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Common people, post your characters! Show us your style.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hehe it does have some things like CoH doesn't have but it is also missing A LOT. It is still a really fun creator though.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Here you go B1g_Trouble. I tried to make him look as off balance and insane as possible while still giving him a sense of menace. I also added a few more colors than purple and green.

Hope you like!

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/Cwkopitskie/Heros/bigtrouble_villain.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The beautiful but deadly Undercurrent.

Decided there's enough male villains out there... mine needs a girl archnemesis!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I claim her as my wife!!! :cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Awesome design Plankton. Elegant and deadly at the same time. And speaking of female arch-villains.....

Here is one of Boogeyman's biggest global threats :

Owl Scowl
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/Cwkopitskie/Heros/Owl_Scowl.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/Drunkenhamster/?action=view&current=TheAtranarch.jpg

The Atranarch

The Ragnarok, both the end and the beginning of the universe; where Gods fight alongside the souls of the champions of humanity. These valiant heroes fight against the fates themselves, marching from the gates of Valhalla under the comand of Odin, leader of all Gods. When the battle is met the fabric of the universe begins to unravel, and the fates begin the cycle anew...

This great cycle continued for millenia, with the universe ending and starting all over again time and time again. It eventually came time to break the cycle. The Gods, led by Odin, all came together and held a council, deciding to create the greatest hero to ever exist, a champion to vanquish the fates and be the victor of the Ragnarok. First the Gods gathered all the souls inhabiting Valhalla and combined them into a single entity with all the knowledge from every warrior slain in battle. Next the Gods used their very essence to form a great set of armor to house the entity. This unstoppable master of battle is known as The Atranarch.

As the last cycle was drawing to a close, the fates approached the field of battle. They were never prepared for the hero who faced them. The Atranarch dove into battle wielding a blade whose shape was never constant, formed of the energy housed within it's battle armor. The fates were overwhelmed by The Atranarch's power and yielded, allowing the remains of humanity to thrive and develope.

During the battle, The Atranarch's armor sustained heavy damage, rents and holes spilling the essence encased within. Once the combat was over, the last of the condensed souls poured from the ragged gashes in the armor and The Atranarch fell still. The set of Gods armor was lost to time, becoming intombed in the spiritual realm where the last Ragnarok was fought.

Over the past several thousand years, what was once Odin has been commanding his power to repair the rents in the armor. On new years day in the year two thousand, therepairs had finally been completed. Now the souls of fallen warriors are called to the resting place of The Atranarch, to fuse with one another and slowly bring energy back to the great hero.

Rejoice, Humanity! The Atranarch walks again!
    ---

Basically the storyline behind my hero, kind of explains why he starts out at level one and gains power over time... Not really sure about the costume I made using the costume creator, it felt kind of limited... couldn't really make it epic enough :p

Also note this was written at 2:30 in the morning... so please pardon grammar/spelling/sentance structure etc. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    AWESOME design. I love the sword and the story ain't half bad either. Would love to see some arch-villains for this guy.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    heh thanks :p I havn't really put much thought into how I could fit an arch villain into the story... I suppose I should do that before the release XD any suggestions? When CoV came out I made a 'Black Atranarch' but that was mostly out of desire to get in game as fast as possible and didn't fit in too well with the story :p

also re-reading that the morning after makes me sad, what was ment to be an epic story kind of died in the fiery pits of grammar hell... owchie... actually debating about rewriting it to make it sound less goofy
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My Character's Thread

The "Eternal" Shadow Reaper: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb85/Kalas_Dune/Heroes/ShadowReaper.jpg
    Alias - Koji Ishii: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb85/Kalas_Dune/Heroes/IshiiKoji.jpg
    Arch-Nemesis - The Dark Avatar: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb85/Kalas_Dune/Heroes/DarkAvatar.jpg

My thread contains a great deal of information regarding my character and his back story.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    heh thanks :p I havn't really put much thought into how I could fit an arch villain into the story... I suppose I should do that before the release XD any suggestions? When CoV came out I made a 'Black Atranarch' but that was mostly out of desire to get in game as fast as possible and didn't fit in too well with the story :p

also re-reading that the morning after makes me sad, what was ment to be an epic story kind of died in the fiery pits of grammar hell... owchie... actually debating about rewriting it to make it sound less goofy

Dude, that was an awesome story! Love the concept and Mythology you put into it, great job man. I think I may have an idea for an arch-nemesis. Just like how your hero was created by Odin and the other gods - you should make your arch-nemesis created by Loki and the Giants. Seeing how Loki was the cause of Ragnarök, it would fit in nicely.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah, i really like that character. gj Atr
    ohhh and a femme fatale villain is awesome tide
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Made a some changes to Posydon. ---> Click Here

Which one do you guys like better, this new one or the old one ---> Click here
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You said you were going for a teenaged hero correct? if that's the case I think your newst version of Posyden fits the bill... seems more 'kid-like' :p
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Actually I'd have to agree with Atranarch. Although the new design looks more like a speedster and not a king/prince of the seas IMO. And I like the somewhat menacing look of the old design, but the new design does look younger and that's what you were going for so good job.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, I just noticed that it looked like more of a speed character lol. Guess I'm really fixated on those type of characters. Guess I'll just stick with my old Posydon look.