test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 4/25/2024

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
edited April 25 in Release Notes
Nighthawk
For the enxt 2 weeks, this event will be running.
  • Event now uses account currency.
  • Completing the Who is Nighthawk? mission will grant 1 Nighthawk Premium Favor.
  • New Mission: Franklin Stone Alert. Available from Chief Surhoff. Completing this mission will grant 1 Nighthawk Sidekick Favor. This mission is accessible once completing the Who is Nighthawk? mission.
  • Added Blast helmet costume. This item can be purchased with Nighthawk Premium Favor.
  • Added Pistolwhip sidekick. This item can be purchased with Nighthawk Sidekick Favor.
  • Added Retro Pistol costumes to the event store.
  • Adjusted the mission granted vehicles in the Franklin Stone Penthouse alert to be more durable.
  • Added event store costume and aura items as possible drops from the Franklin Stone Penthouse alert.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Laser Blast Key Pack will be available.
  • Cost: 900 Zen
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Laser Cannon Costume

Sidekick
Pistolwhip
  • Increased power damage.
  • Fixed self-heal not healing properly.
  • Removed from ZEN store.
  • Moved belt costume to the Trade Paperback store.

Powers
Call to Battle
  • Adjusted Disorient damage reduction scaling for this power for each rank. Scaling now increases per rank.

Snap Shot
  • Adjusted the way the bonus damage on this power is dealt to fix an issue with it not working with other powers.

Comments

• Options
    ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 25
    Currently, the mouth piece of the new Blast helmet has an unused color channel. Any chance it can be applied to the circular slots on the cheeks (yellow part)?

47mfeg224x4i.png

And also, just to quickly reiterate what I commented on the patch notes, an option to have the visor part also be an attachment to the mouth piece by itself, thus freeing up the head wear slot for other possible combinations, like so:

gmir5sdm3zeu.png

Edit: Switched the second image for another one cause it came out massive the first time

• Options
    dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 25
    How do you get Nighthawk Sidekick Favor? I did the Franklin Stone Alert, turned it all in to Defender and did not get one.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 195 Arc User
    How do you get Nighthawk Sidekick Favor? I did the Franklin Stone Alert, turned it all in to Defender and did not get one.

You have to run down to Chief Surhoff to get the second daily, which you have to complete the first once per character to unlock.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    Could the Alert Rewards Display vendor please be updated to show all the drops possible from Franklin Stone's Penthouse? There seems to be a lot missing.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 25
    Addressing some team issues, Favor seem to never drop when you are in a team, especially instances, also a new bug that is this time around seems that the instances for the clues, bank, etc. not drop their main clues too from the boss for all in the team.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited April 25
    So I had some issues with Franklin Stone Penthouse today, I was using a character with no flight travel power so I naturally selected the UNTIL Hoverdisk, which naturally gave me one of the jets (because why would things work like they're supposed to in this game) and then as I was trying to get back to the apparent to get the only decent option for non flying characters the jet de-spawned and killed me, which made me respawn over the city and fall to my death. This happened over and over again, I was eventually able to put a vehicle that I still had in my inventory (which was fortunate as vehicles are pretty useless now) and then I could fly back to the apartment to get the Hoverdisk. If I hadn't owned a vehicle I probably would have kept falling and dying till the rest of the team beat Stone's Jet without my help. This is a completely new bug to me, I've been playing this mission since day 1but I got to wonder if you changed the code so you can't get back into the apartment for some reason? It used to be that if you died you appeared back in the apartment but this time I died over the city far enough away from any buildings that I could land on a ledge.
  • Options
    kilillkilill Posts: 2 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    So I had some issues with Franklin Stone Penthouse today, I was using a character with no flight travel power so I naturally selected the UNTIL Hoverdisk, which naturally gave me one of the jets (because why would things work like they're supposed to in this game) and then as I was trying to get back to the apparent to get the only decent option for non flying characters the jet de-spawned and killed me, which made me respawn over the city and fall to my death. This happened over and over again, I was eventually able to put a vehicle that I still had in my inventory (which was fortunate as vehicles are pretty useless now) and then I could fly back to the apartment to get the Hoverdisk. If I hadn't owned a vehicle I probably would have kept falling and dying till the rest of the team beat Stone's Jet without my help. This is a completely new bug to me, I've been playing this mission since day 1but I got to wonder if you changed the code so you can't get back into the apartment for some reason? It used to be that if you died you appeared back in the apartment but this time I died over the city far enough away from any buildings that I could land on a ledge.

Just had this same bug as well. The vehicle seems to change the respawn point to be outside the penthouse over empty air.
  • Options
    qynn411qynn411 Posts: 27 Arc User
    I will say, I'm not a huge fan of the change to only 2 sidekick tokens per day. On a 14 day event, being able to get 4 if you play every single day felt rewarding and meant that if you missed days for life reasons or what have you, you weren't being too punished, and the amount of moving the (now blessedly account-bound) sidekicks around was potentially minimized. Plus, it meant that if you only had a couple of characters and didn't care about getting extra sidekicks, you could convert that currency to be able to buy things you do care about like costumes or bags or what have you. It was a really good system, and 3 felt like a good compromise between "do as many as you want uncapped" and "only 1 a day".
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 71 Arc User
    Suggestion: Move the UNTIL disk further away from the jets so we don't accidentally become dead weight during the boss fight.

Cooldowns are still on-completion. That's nice.

Reduced sidekick tokens too? Real nice.

Guess I got my answer on a previous post - won't be able to carry over shop tokens between minor events anymore.

This is getting frustrating.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 26
    Having to do the alert on top of the clues to complete a daily for premium currency is going to be a problem when no one is online to queue up for it at certain times of the day. Foxbat worked since you can find the 10 at any time on your own. Maybe make the currency acquired after talking to Surhoff with all the clues.

How it worked before was fine since you can grab the daily and have a 20 hour window before the cooldown resets. Now you have to complete it for the 20 hour cooldown.

Is there a way to make a mission that has an accountwide cooldown with just the premium currency?
  • Options
    jax74jax74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    On top of everything else that wrong with this event, Alts under Level 40 can't pick up the Franklin Stone's Penthouse (Daily) mission straight away, they have to do the alert before the mission become available.

So, it meant that along with the problem of running sighting missions as a team, only one of you get the Concrete Evidence at a time, it took 3 hour to run 4 Alts through this bobbins!

At least if it had been a wrapper mission, I'd have 4 toons on the way to getting the sidekick, instead of just two tokens....
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    jax74 wrote: »
    On top of everything else that wrong with this event, Alts under Level 40 can't pick up the Franklin Stone's Penthouse (Daily) mission straight away, they have to do the alert before the mission become available.

So, it meant that along with the problem of running sighting missions as a team, only one of you get the Concrete Evidence at a time, it took 3 hour to run 4 Alts through this bobbins!

At least if it had been a wrapper mission, I'd have 4 toons on the way to getting the sidekick, instead of just two tokens....

Worst of all, by nature of the MCPD Scanner, what should take twenty minutes to do set of dailies instead takes an hour. Especially when all zones have it at the same location.
  • Options
    dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yes, the cooldown on completion is really a bad choice. I used to log on before work and grab the missions, that way I could complete them later that afternoon and night, and repeat the process all over again. On 5 - 8 alts an event this change really makes it unenjoyable to juggle CD's. Just seems like an unnecessary change. Please consider changing it back. It does not hurt the companies pocketbook I am sure.
  • Options
    qynn411qynn411 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 29
    Yes, the cooldown on completion is really a bad choice. I used to log on before work and grab the missions, that way I could complete them later that afternoon and night, and repeat the process all over again. On 5 - 8 alts an event this change really makes it unenjoyable to juggle CD's. Just seems like an unnecessary change. Please consider changing it back. It does not hurt the companies pocketbook I am sure.

Why wouldn't you just pick it up the missions when you're going to be doing them anyways?
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 195 Arc User
    qynn411 wrote: »

Why wouldn't you just pick it up the missions when you're going to be doing them anyways?

Because the new system forces you to immediately drop everything and do those missions as soon as you get them otherwise you'll start rolling forward and missing days (and if you're FORCED to stop by, say, people just not running group missions due to not enough players or the polar opposite of rather having too many players, which is already annoying for Nighthawk here but will be worse for Nightmare Invasion and way worse for Anniversary, Blood Moon and Winter/Christmas.) Which is... entirely intentional since that way running events is more stressful, less fun, and you're going to be more pressured to burn Drifter Salvage for wrapper tokens. (Needless to say, a lot of players don't enjoy treating event dailies like "before I brush my teeth or even get out of bed at all" morning prayers, especially when they have three, four, five hours of event dailies to do, and actual real-world responsibilities also demanding their attention with just as much neediness but much more validity.)
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    Sapphiechu's Guide to Handing In Missions Without Talking to the Mission-Giver

1. Go to your minimap and poke the SOCRATES button.
    f33e6d3e95c34ddd934c5efa57d6f753871a39da.jpg

2. Select 'Search for Emergencies'.
    eed9dfd621e1bb241c42faa3b251662b2cf22fda.jpg

3. Scroll down to the NPC you need to hand in the mission (In this case, MCPD Chief Surhoff)
    0190ca4f43bb798298640b8e07f7e8eb1795253e.jpg

I didn't know this shortcut for years, so it's not a surprise it isn't known by most players.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    beelzebalzzbeelzebalzz Posts: 1 Arc User

After some testing i've found a work around for completion of wrapper missions that actually works better for me than the older system with the right planning.
    On a high player day like Saturday i do the missions on several characters and do not turn them in.
    Once a day for the next week i log in, turn in the missions on 1 character and log out, then, if time/player count permits, i start doing the missions on another character and don't turn them in.
    This way i can keep my mission reward cooldown consistently at the same time each day with a buffer for those days when i just cant get the daily missions done for whatever reason.
    This does require a high number of Daily Mission capable characters but for me that's not a problem.
    Additional characters can do the Daily Missions on the same day if it's just for non-premium tokens.

Having now posted this i do expect they will again change it and ruin my fun, but finding ways to work around their fun blockers is also part of the fun for me.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User

After some testing i've found a work around for completion of wrapper missions that actually works better for me than the older system with the right planning.
    On a high player day like Saturday i do the missions on several characters and do not turn them in.
    Once a day for the next week i log in, turn in the missions on 1 character and log out, then, if time/player count permits, i start doing the missions on another character and don't turn them in.
    This way i can keep my mission reward cooldown consistently at the same time each day with a buffer for those days when i just cant get the daily missions done for whatever reason.
    This does require a high number of Daily Mission capable characters but for me that's not a problem.
    Additional characters can do the Daily Missions on the same day if it's just for non-premium tokens.

Having now posted this i do expect they will again change it and ruin my fun, but finding ways to work around their fun blockers is also part of the fun for me.

That's a good catch. I recommend to turn in dailies equal to the max amount of Sidekick tokens per day allows. Previous event this was 3. Current event is 2.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"