test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[ Aspect of the Machine ] Change Suggestion.

gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
edited August 2021 in Suggestions Box
Of course we all know that Aspect of the Machine is not used at all, that being because of it's stacking properties of inflicting the killing blow to targets to stack, it leads to being completely dead weight on many boss fights that do not spawn enemies within 20 second increments.

I'd like to propose an option that will help new/first timer freeform heroes learn to build as they like and not feel as limited or be punished for selecting powers they'd love to have.

A Universal Toggle form that is available within all Power Sets and counts towards their next tier of powers within their Power Set.
This would be the first and only Universal Power that would exist across the trees.
Meaning, every Power Set has this same toggle form in the Toggle Form category across the board that is accessible to freeform characters AND the Night Avenger AT.

Suggestive examples:
- Rename "Aspect of the Machine" to "Aspect of Freedom"
This isn't super important, but it does feel very inviting to use.

- Rename "Frenzy" buff name to "Freedom" buff.
Not important at all, so long as it's easy to understand.

- Change the stacking properties to fully charged powers, fully maintained powers, and combo finishers inflicted.
This is the main property to change, as this will allow new/first time freeform creators or simply creative people to further develop gameplay styles that does not hurt the integrity of content nor punish the heroes greatly for selecting powers as they would like to play as. These properties are all the most common occurances within all powersets, and the recent Eidolon Secondaries could heavily synergize with these types as well.
Keeps it fun, keeps it simple, keeps heroes playing.

- Keep the stat use scaling of Strength and Ego, whichever is higher.
This already can heavily promote the use of unorthodox combinations of Super Stat selections without far too much of face value drawbacks, and still make it work well enough.
Ex. Ego/Str/Rec, End/Str/Ego, Pre/Ego/Str, Rec/Str/Ego, etc.

- Keep the Stack scaling 75% in comparison to the other toggle forms with the same equal Melee and Ranged damage increase.
We already know that Aspect of the Machine has an advantage over the other toggle forms, and that's being the equal middle point of both Ranged and Melee damage toggle as opposed to other toggle forms focusing either Melee or Ranged damage primarily and the other at half the damage. This not only promotes Hybrid gameplay and roles, but it allows heroes to not feel limited because of their common toggle form focus.

- Grant energy per gained stack 100% in comparison to the other toggle forms.
It wouldn't be fair to have users of this toggle form to resort to using energy builders later in levels in comparison to those at later levels with a common toggle form not even need to use their energy builders to regain energy while having an energy unlock also.

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I support this 1000000%, with one extra thought:

- If "higher of 2 stats" isn't something the devs want in forms going forward, switching it to work with intelligence would be fine. Intelligence is an easy stat to work with for a beginner due to the innate cost discount it brings in addition to being range/melee agnostic.

(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    You beat me to it. I was going to suggest a change for this but retracted to think harder.

I would of suggested:

Aspect of the Machine 2.0

1)Doing a certain fix amount of damage gives a stack as well as defeat. Dependant on level. I don't do mechanics I just talk...

2)Or when ever you or someone on your team defeats a foe. Also gives a stack.

3)Can only occur 1 every 4 seconds. The icon would be shared like the Force Toggle on up to 20 players in range.

4)No boost too significant but fairly fair. The teammmate who kills the foe will receive a tiny *2% inspire to help his damage or energy what not.

I also would advise against universal powers as much as I dislike the over use of NA as a cheap alternative. What we really need is a few more Passives with shared build tiers in the future...

Example
    MA and melee Wind Monk Passive
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    If you were to put universal toggle it would either be so good that it made all others pointless. Then nerfed so hard that it became irrelevant again.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    If you were to put universal toggle it would either be so good that it made all others pointless. Then nerfed so hard that it became irrelevant again.

Not exactly with my suggestion.

Compared to other toggle forms, it's damage will be somewhat on par with the rest, BUT you're still taking a hit in DPS because you're only doing 75% of both Ranged or Melee damage in comparison to a toggle form focused 100 % on either the Ranged or Melee and 50% on the secondary damage type.
    It won't make any other toggle form a moot point, it's just another option to those that genuinely want to do Ranged and Melee combat on a build comfortably without so much drawback.
    aesica wrote: »
    I support this 1000000%, with one extra thought:

- If "higher of 2 stats" isn't something the devs want in forms going forward, switching it to work with intelligence would be fine. Intelligence is an easy stat to work with for a beginner due to the innate cost discount it brings in addition to being range/melee agnostic.

I actually really like the versatility of having Intelligence be a thing. Or Endurance since it's the most versatile energy stat.
    edited August 2021
    I still hate the idea. It sounds like basically an adept energy toggle.

Sacrificing damage for energy will only taste good at lower levels. And a not a decently gear toon. My only love for this is solely based on maybe more button mashing with less enegry draw backs will keep dps up but..

One, it's to diversitile stacking wise for a single toggle compared to how those we have in game are now. Makes it feel like 'baby' building. So it does blast the integrity of FFing. Also completely changing how the power stacks makes ot a new power all together.

It's safer to just take the normal penalty for choosing that one melee or range will be a little less with choosen build. It not that big of a gap.

Two, easily exploitable by other forms, tanks healers and DPS.

Three, I think they spend to time nerfing energy regain to make this possible. Then again CO, if it's too good they'll without a doubt chop it down to size. So I'll bet 1,000,000 zen on that.

Four, promoting non support hybrid usage at cosmics. Like really?
    edited August 2021
    I still hate the idea. It sounds like basically an adept energy toggle.

Sacrificing damage for energy will only taste good at lower levels. And a not a decently gear toon. My only love for this is solely based on maybe more button mashing with less enegry draw backs will keep dps up but..

One, it's to diversitile stacking wise for a single toggle compared to how those we have in game are now. Makes it feel like 'baby' building. So it does blast the integrity of FFing. Also completely changing how the power stacks makes ot a new power all together.

It's safer to just take the normal penalty for choosing that one melee or range will be a little less with choosen build. It not that big of a gap.

Two, easily exploitable by other forms, tanks healers and DPS.

Three, I think they spend to time nerfing energy regain to make this possible. Then again CO, if it's too good they'll without a doubt chop it down to size. So I'll bet 1,000,000 zen on that.

Four, promoting non support hybrid usage at cosmics. Like really?

It won't be bad at endgame just because it's 25% lower than the common, you'll still be able to meet theesholds easy enough, it's the stacking that might be a bit limited because of my suggestion of mixing and matching, but having something in common with your selections. But that Baby building is a step in the right direction without feeling super overwhelemed in choices, especially since they'll change out of it when they get comfortable with freeform. So yes, it is "Baby's first freeform" toggle.
    I'd also argue that we already have sense of universal passives in that sense, bring in Night warrior for dps, AoPM for support, Invulnerability for tank as those are the absolute middle ground passives for anything of their respective role. It's just a toggle that won't outshine the others but still be comfy, especially since Concentration/chilled form is basically the universal ranged toggle and Form of the tempest is the universal melee toggle fpr dps and tanks, compassion is the healer's universal toggle form. Not even counting manipulator being the universal toggle for CCers.

Two, not at all, considering healers won't dish out heals with a damage toggle, you can make it non-stackable outside of combat like the Form of the Tiger change, and tanks don't always get the chance to fully combo, full charge powers, or maintain fully in cosmics to fully benefit.

Three, It won't be per se especially since one side would be more prevalent than the other if you use either strength or ego primary in terms of energy costs on either ranged or melee, not both. Intelligence would be a nice scaling too, but I believe that'd be too powerful. I'd raise that Endurance primary already does practically have that infinite energy going on with it's mastery, archery having it's quarry to EU energy scaling extremely easy, arcane sorcery with it's high Int scaling, and Electricity with it's Endurance scaling, all infinite energy capable with ease and all of it's already been reworked.

And four, I'd raise the Night Avenger and the Dragon Spirit ATs dps style. Hybrids ain't a big deal in cosmics, mever have. It's the hybrids that don't know how to build or do their rotation that's always been the problem and the reason why folks meme on it. You always could bring a hybrid, you just gotta know what you're doing and carry your weight.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I think this is a fun idea. It would make for some interesting, unorthodox power combinations, for sure.