Install Arc
Options

Do you enjoy Onslaught Villain Content?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    No
    Actaully, yeah I think it's pretty important to correctly assign blame here.. since one group responsible can actually fix (or remove) the problem. Why the hell do you want to let them off the hook exactly?
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    No
    tumblr_lqnc6znruY1qci7y5o1_250.gifv
    tumblr_lqnc6znruY1qci7y5o2_250.gifv
    tumblr_lqnc6znruY1qci7y5o4_250.gifv​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Indifferent
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The thing people might disagree with you is if you try to say that it's fine for people to do it because the devs can't successfully completely remove the exploit.
    It wouldn't be that hard to remove, it just means it's more effort for players to join in. The obvious fix is:
    1. You cannot attack an OV unless you have the 'fighting supervillains' status.
    2. You cannot heal someone with the 'fighting supervillains' status unless you have that status yourself.
    3. The Onslaught Vendor offers a (permanent) device which you can use to give yourself the 'fighting supervillains' status.
    Magically, it becomes impossible to accidentally get into a fight with an OV. On the minus side, people who want to fight are mildly inconvenienced because they have to use a device.
  • Options
    No
    ^That seems like a solid solution to the biggest trolling issue.

Doesn't address the mind-numbing boredom of the OV grind though. I'm 100% with Nbkxs, this crap is beyond tedious.

When the player base has embraced a system of organized collusion to mitigate the worst aspects of this content, I think it should be taken as a clear sign that your design has failed.

My preference would be to move the rewards to other vendors and remove everything OV related from the game. Either that or make a serious effort to turn this into something worthy on inclusion.... but that seems like an unrealistic amount of work to me. And likely doomed to fail.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    Not an exploit.

You should test that theory in-game. Other people did, and they found out that playing the blame game doesn't help you evade a ban - you're not the first person to try the "what? I can do it, so it's not an exploit!" defense, and yes it fails every time. Not the dev's fault if you're not bright enough to realize that disrupting events is griefing.

I mean take a moment and think about the massive, obvious flaw with your thinking here: an exploit is not an exploit if you can do the exploit? Did you think about that at all?
    vonqball wrote: »
    Actaully, yeah I think it's pretty important to correctly assign blame here.. since one group responsible can actually fix (or remove) the problem. Why the hell do you want to let them off the hook exactly?

yeah, the great and important vonq assigning his blame numbers on the forum will fix the problem! Good thing we have someone as important as you around to perform this valuable service!

Oh wait nevermind, it does nothing. As for "letting them off the hook", quit pretending like I'm making an argument for OV being fine when you can plainly see I voted No on the poll. I'm pointing out the flaw of claiming that what griefers do is fine because they have the ability to go through the actions. Well that mugger was physically able to go through the action of mugging me, so I guess I should let him off the hook!
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    No
    Oh wait nevermind, it does nothing. As for "letting them off the hook", quit pretending like I'm making an argument for OV being fine when you can plainly see I voted No on the poll. I'm pointing out the flaw of claiming that what griefers do is fine because they have the ability to go through the actions. Well that mugger was physically able to go through the action of mugging me, so I guess I should let him off the hook!

You complaining about someone misrepresenting your argument displays an adorable lack of self-awareness. Like a kitten in front of a mirror trying to bully its own reflection. XD

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No
    vonqball wrote: »

You complaining about someone misrepresenting your argument displays an adorable lack of self-awareness. Like a kitten in front of a mirror trying to bully its own reflection. XD

And now I'm a kitten apparently. I can see this conversation has gone off the deep end o3o
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    No
    Bottom line is the OV system is trash. The devs should not spend any more time on it. They have more important things to work on. And there apparently aren't that many of them.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    No
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    The devs should not spend any more time on it. They have more important things to work on. And there apparently aren't that many of them.
    MOOD​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!