test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give Bladed Fury an ADV that makes it scaled with ENRAGED stacks instead of FOCUS

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Suggestions Box
Give Bladed Fury a 1POINT ADV that makes it scaled with ENRAGED stacks instead of FOCUS so Bestial Tanks and DPS can USE THIS

DEVs I beg you, I DO NOT want to use Feral Rage and I will NEVER use Feral Rage
I'm not a fan of Passive Ultimates! Give me flashy attacking alpha strike ultimates

Bladed Fury's animation is EXACTLY the attack I wanted Bestial Supernatural to be but the Focus scaling breaks the deal
Of course you would say, use STR/DEX/CON and Form of the Tempest for your Bestial Tank and DPS if you want to use the ultimate, But I don't want to change my entire character build, ESPECIALLY on my tank

Given that recently some Ultimates got 1 point adv that convert them into range attack that scale with CONCETRATION instead of ENERAGED (Power Chord) or completely change their Damage Types (Unleashed Rage)
Of course extra Point will make my Tank's adv contribution even worse, but that's a fair sacrifice to use it for theme and aesthetics (and performance)

more building options its always good, and besides you will require to spend 1 point adv
unless Bestial get an ultimate that its not Passive AD+AO​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Honestly I don't see a reason why they can't have it simply scale with both/either. Near as I can tell we can only have one form active at a time so...
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Or better yet, just get rid of the damned form-locking entirely. It's not an interesting mechanic; it's a creativity-limiting one.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I can agree that getting rid of forms would actually be the better idea. It's the one mechanic that should have been dumped as it continues to lead to the excessive power creep and forcing narrow stat builds and power designs we have. Not to mention the forms, as they exist, continue to make people just basically focus on one stat entirely over every other stat in the game, which tends to be dex, at least for the DPS.
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    This would be ideal but at this point of the game's balance and development lets be realistic, I doubt it will happen, so the best deal would be just make and ADV point that convert it

What bothers me right now is NOT ONLY the Bestial Ultimate I was waiting all those years came out to be an experimental passive Gimmick but Fighting Claws ultimate I was waiting to fill the Ultimate Hole Bestial left came out with FOCUS-limitation... JUST... WHY!?

and Yet Whirling Dragon Strike and Devastating Strike as Martial Art ultimates got away and didn't force FOCUS stacking, making them flexible to be used in other builds as well

Worse is, a lot of revamp powerframes brought new toggle forms with completely new types of form stacks​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    I can agree that getting rid of forms would actually be the better idea. It's the one mechanic that should have been dumped as it continues to lead to the excessive power creep and forcing narrow stat builds and power designs we have. Not to mention the forms, as they exist, continue to make people just basically focus on one stat entirely over every other stat in the game, which tends to be dex, at least for the DPS.

That's interesting. I never got that far into the endgame meta to run into that problem... perhaps rather then get rid of them instead have them scale with super stats, perhaps just the primary or secondaries?

That should solve most of the problems, though as long as crits are king then dex likely will remain so as well.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    mordray001 wrote: »

That's interesting. I never got that far into the endgame meta to run into that problem... perhaps rather then get rid of them instead have them scale with super stats, perhaps just the primary or secondaries?

That should solve most of the problems, though as long as crits are king then dex likely will remain so as well.

Doesn't solve any problem. They are specifically designed around certain stats, and again doesn't solve the problem of excessive power creep. This is not a small amount of power creep this is a huge amount that forms have provided. And due to the current nature of the game and how super stats work in general, Dex focused forms tend to be the forms of choice, outside of healers and tanks. Getting rid of the forms would be a huge step towards fixing this problem, but another would be divorcing super stats entirely and haiving then be tertiary instead of primary, thus builds would focus more on offense, defense and other such things. The super stats should have been flavor, like they are in Neverwinter, not primary and just forcing people down one avenue of a build.

And any other adjustments would just mean that the current high end content would just need to be adjusted down to compensate which would be far easier than buffing said content up. This bloat is why the current old content is a joke, and not even a challenge. It does little to make people feel like super heroes and just serves more problems when a legit challenge is presented which is often scaled against they over bloated power builds.
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!