test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dimensional debuffs

thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
Just to make sure I didn't overlook anything; is there another dimensional dmg debuff besides Devoid?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,737 Arc User
    As far as powers, I don't think so. Other Paranormal-typed debuffs are Stress and Hexed, which only affect Ego dmg or Magic dmg.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Overpower, but that's all damage so not technically what you meant.​​
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    If you're asking whether there's a less annoying way to try to keep up a debuff for E Ruin, the answer is no.
    If you're asking whether there's a less annoying way to try to keep up a debuff for E Ruin, the answer is no.

Tapping Dimensional Collapse once every 10 seconds is annoying? ...so what would be a not-annoying way to keep the debuff up?​​
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Tapping Dimensional Collapse once every 10 seconds is annoying? ...so what would be a not-annoying way to keep the debuff up?​​

Have the refresh be cd be consistently shorter than the debuff duration and/or be able to see whether my particular application has fallen off when others are using it and/or have the reapplication be a tap.
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    Oh! No, not for Ebon Ruin. I'm playing around on the PTS to see if I can manage making Celestial Conduit viable by applying Devoid, but without another debuff, the dmg is just too low to attempt making it the go-to-dps-power in a Space-Light-Dark build.

**Scraps idea**
    Have the refresh be cd be consistently shorter than the debuff duration and/or be able to see whether my particular application has fallen off when others are using it and/or have the reapplication be a tap.

Devoid is 12 seconds, it's pretty easy to have Dimensional Collapse be 10 seconds or less.
    Dimensional Collapse has a 20% chance every tick to refresh Devoid by 2 sec, with 16 ticks you're likely to be pushing Devoid's duration up at least once, if not twice every single time you cast it.
    Dimensional Collapse is a tap.

Everything you asked for is already there. Oh except for "be able to see whether my particular application has fallen off when others are using it", but that's not an issue specific to Devoid and since you bracketed this one with ors I'm gonna say that Dimensional Collapse qualifies for not annoying way to keep Devoid up by the standards you've given.​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Oh! No, not for Ebon Ruin. I'm playing around on the PTS to see if I can manage making Celestial Conduit viable by applying Devoid, but without another debuff, the dmg is just too low to attempt making it the go-to-dps-power in a Space-Light-Dark build.

**Scraps idea**

IMHO Celestial Conduit isn't a good option unless you're making builds to take advantage of both it's damage and healing capabilities. You can make a toon with effective DPS and healing that allows you to switch hit but there are top tier DPS focused and healing focused builds that will likely outperform. The Shadow Manifestation toggle helps a lot for my Celestial Conduit toon to gear for Pre DPS/healing builds that don't require separate gear.

For that toon, I use Shadow Blast with the Devoid advantage to apply/refresh Devoid and Fear. I use the Avenger spec tree with Ruthless, Anguish, Preemptive Strike and Relentless Assault to goose up the damage. Using the Avenger Mastery allows me to fire off a fully charged Shadow Blast faster during the Shadow Blast > Celestial Conduit rotation.

Plus spec/gear for crit strike and crit severity since Celestial Conduit can crit for both damage and healing.
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @spookyspectre said:
    > thewinxfairy wrote: »
    >
    > Oh! No, not for Ebon Ruin. I'm playing around on the PTS to see if I can manage making Celestial Conduit viable by applying Devoid, but without another debuff, the dmg is just too low to attempt making it the go-to-dps-power in a Space-Light-Dark build.
    >
    > **Scraps idea**
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > IMHO Celestial Conduit isn't a good option unless you're making builds to take advantage of both it's damage and healing capabilities. You can make a toon with effective DPS and healing that allows you to switch hit but there are top tier DPS focused and healing focused builds that will likely outperform. The Shadow Manifestation toggle helps a lot for my Celestial Conduit toon to gear for Pre DPS/healing builds that don't require separate gear.
    >
    > For that toon, I use Shadow Blast with the Devoid advantage to apply/refresh Devoid and Fear. I use the Avenger spec tree with Ruthless, Anguish, Preemptive Strike and Relentless Assault to goose up the damage. Using the Avenger Mastery allows me to fire off a fully charged Shadow Blast faster during the Shadow Blast > Celestial Conduit rotation.
    >
    > Plus spec/gear for crit strike and crit severity since Celestial Conduit can crit for both damage and healing.

That's actually what I was testing out!! The most I can get out of Celestial Conduit was 1.7k per tick... That's just too low to actually really count as usable DPS in my opinion. There's a lot of synergy going on, along with some of the sorcery stuff, but DPS is too low for my liking.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Devoid is 12 seconds, it's pretty easy to have Dimensional Collapse be 10 seconds or less.
    Dimensional Collapse has a 20% chance every tick to refresh Devoid by 2 sec, with 16 ticks you're likely to be pushing Devoid's duration up at least once, if not twice every single time you cast it.
    The first tic refreshes to full, but if you don't get another refresh in the next 11-12 tics devoid will expire (roughly 6-8% chance; not sure if the key number is 11 or 12), so with no cooldown reduction devoid will occasional expire on you. Doesn't seem like a crippling flaw, though.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    >

That's actually what I was testing out!! The most I can get out of Celestial Conduit was 1.7k per tick... That's just too low to actually really count as usable DPS in my opinion. There's a lot of synergy going on, along with some of the sorcery stuff, but DPS is too low for my liking.

Yeah when I compare the damage to my DPS toons it's a bit unsatisfying, especially for a 50' range. There have been some Cosmic fights and event missions where it's been nice to switch from healer to DPS and vice versa depending on how many healers show up. Making the toon was more of a personal challenge to see how effective I could make it. And I love how the power looks! :)
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The refresh on dim collapse is really spotty, and unreliable, you really need to hit it the second it comes off CD, else it's probably just going to fall off anyway. It's super annoying when you see an AOE pop up when you have 5-6 seconds left, you know it's going to fall off.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Having Dimensional Collapse's advantage apply devoid. The whole concept of "this thing refreshes X, but doesn't actually apply it" is something that really should just go away forever.

The whole way this game handles damage debuffs in general is a complete and total mess, but that's for another topic I suppose.

**Scraps idea**
    Celestial Conduit is a pretty poor dps power, so yeah. You'll get a lot more using a damage debuff + proper dps power. You could try Soul Beam (color it all bright and shiny, like cyan or yellow) and use that for your light attack. Magic damage has much better damage debuff appliers, too (will o wisp + advantage for 100 foot range, or hex if you're okay with 50 foot range. No refresh garbage necessary there.

Maybe when/if the celestial revamp happens, conduit will be improved, but for now, that's the route I'd go.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    The first tic refreshes to full, but if you don't get another refresh in the next 11-12 tics devoid will expire (roughly 6-8% chance; not sure if the key number is 11 or 12), so with no cooldown reduction devoid will occasional expire on you. Doesn't seem like a crippling flaw, though.

It really isn't, especially at cosmics where you'll generally have auras pushing the cooldown even lower. I mean, the power needs to have some downside, and that's a pretty minor one in comparison to all the things this one power does, aoe dot damage, repeated fear application, spreading Devoid to multiple targets, and then really generous devoid refreshing.​​