test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So have we normalized on STE?

Did all my toon's vigilance today and only had 1 fail. So guessing people have this alert figured out now?​​

Comments

• theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    It seems so! I’ve had only successful runs so far this cycle.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    People have learned the joys of Crowd Control! Yup. The runs seem to go very smoothly now.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • arliekkosarliekkos Posts: 14 Arc User
    Good deal.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Hahaha no. Maybe everyone good got it done early, but I've had nothing but failures. Generally one person ditches less than two minutes in. It's as maddening as ever.
    Post edited by heartstringsk3 on
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Select players probably just got better at carrying. Combined with enough latent playerbase knowledge growth to understand "kill that big guy" means it can succeed more regularly than it did in previous months.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    Select players probably just got better at carrying. Combined with enough latent playerbase knowledge growth to understand "kill that big guy" means it can succeed more regularly than it did in previous months.

Progress! \o/
    Hahaha no. Maybe everyone good got it done early, but I've had nothing but failures. Generally one person ditches less than two minutes in. It's as maddening as ever.

Add me in game and I'll help you run it, if you still need to get it done for your Vigilances.​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    Did 6 yesterday, 5 failed. Maybe it depends on the time of day.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    It is not so keyed in as that Spinny… like I know what it takes to beat it but the fail rate is still 50/50 for me. Random pugs are gunna have a bad time...just about 50% of the time.

• serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    no difference here, did 5 won 4, my total fails ever since they weakened it a week or two after launch can still be counted on one hand though.

Sometimes you get a group mix that just cant handle it, just leave and re que in that case.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So guessing people have this alert figured out now?​​

Nope.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Naw it's still the worst to run. I find it goes well for me when I use my tank-capable characters, which is a bit less than half of them. For the squishier ones, it's a lot worse, because when everyone else also has a fist or bullet by their name, you can be pretty sure it's going to be a dud.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Fastest StE I was ever in was a 5 dps run. Maybe everyone was level 40, well-geared and knew what they were doing?

My win/loss record is about 50:50 atm. Most fails coming from people just leaving the mission after they die a time or 3.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    You can get some good runs and some bad ones. Sometimes the team comp just doesn't have it in the cards to make it through StE. We've normalized as best we probably can for a while. Grouping up before the alert and knowing the capabilities of the team is still the best way to guarantee a successful run.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    if you can get past the first phase... it is a good sign.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »
    that's the hallway ambush. That's the easy part. Hard part is the stupid turrets because that's the part that bugs out most often and swarms you with dozens of mooks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    that's the hallway ambush. That's the easy part. Hard part is the stupid turrets because that's the part that bugs out most often and swarms you with dozens of mooks.

I got that once this time around, that was the fail, and as often reported it happened because people were just dying and respawning like mad the moment they entered the turret room. I still think it's an intended system where if the party is just dying and respawning too much the alert basically says "You're not gonna win" and just steamrolls you right back out the door.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I got that once this time around, that was the fail, and as often reported it happened because people were just dying and respawning like mad the moment they entered the turret room. I still think it's an intended system where if the party is just dying and respawning too much the alert basically says "You're not gonna win" and just steamrolls you right back out the door.​​
    That's just it.. it seems to happen pretty much any time there's a party wipe. It doesn't require dying a lot, it just requires a single wipe AFAIK.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

The hallway I have never ever had an issue with, so yeah I was referring to the turrets.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Back for a play session a couple days ago, I tried out STE with my main tank character.
    We did a PUG run, shorthanded (only 3 heroes). Took a while, since we we had fairly low DPS, but no problem.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.