test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 7/18/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,096 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • Addressed an issue where some players were experiencing bad lag.
  • Fixed a bug where enemies were a little too cheerful when defeated.
​​

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    Creepy pasta averted
    damn... it was amusing
    HIP HIP HOORAY WE HAD BEEN DEFEATED​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    Could've waited a while on that second fix, it was pretty amusing. = ]
  • Options
    ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    What about the bug with the emotes in the Special Store?
    I got the message that I already have them - which is not the case, meaning I can't buy them..and I really want those :'(
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Cosmics can still get Drayshad?
    This will be a fun week :3
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Make Reciprocating Gizmo work with Giant Growth again! At least make Reciprocating Gizmo not stack on itself!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    > @chaosdrgnz43 said:
    > Make Reciprocating Gizmo work with Giant Growth again! At least make Reciprocating Gizmo not stack on itself!

Yeah +1
  • Options
    ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    I'm sorry to tell you that..but they are still cheering :/
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    On the note of defeated foe animation...

I have thought for as long as I have been playing that the MC gangs in particular, should not simply lay there as if dead when defeated. They should do that reaching death animation or something to signal that they are alive but down, so they can be apprehended.

It just seems sort of murder-y to be killing dudes whose biggest crime appears to be standing around punching their palm or spray-painting a dirty wall.
  • Options
    LET THE BOYS CHEER onion-54.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    LET THEM EAT CA-wait, wrong century​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Make Reciprocating Gizmo work with Giant Growth again! At least make Reciprocating Gizmo not stack on itself!

And while yer at it, remove Giant Growth!​​
  • Options
    navar#3536 navar Posts: 117 Arc User
    Misc
    ​​

Hahaha, that being cheerful when defeated was funny, lol. It was like they leveled up and then cheered themselves on for it, that was a bit funny. I have also seen them sink into the ground when they died, almost as if stuck in quicksand.
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    And while yer at it, remove Giant Growth!​​

Can't be a forum thread without Spinny stirring that pot just a little bit!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    And while yer at it, remove Giant Growth!
    and then the forums go Nuclear​​
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    They should just make a toggle option to turn off all growth effects on other players. That way inflation fetishists can have their fun without forcing it on the rest of us.​​
  • Options
    They should just make a toggle option to turn off all growth effects on other players. That way inflation fetishists can have their fun without forcing it on the rest of us.​​

I'm actually fine with that. Not sure if devs know how to do it though.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    has anyone had an issue with claiming the PREMIUM PACK in the Z-STORE BONUS tab?? i claimed mine on the 17th & got everything from it EXCEPT the 6 character slots, i am not at 100 characters (around mid 60's) & would like to get the promised slots... was hoping someone else had experienced this
  • Options
    WOOPSIES

It looks like forum ate my post. I must have accidentally edited it too much, so here, I'll repost

BUG
    NPCs are still feeling cheerful after dieing.​​
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Fixed a bug where enemies were a little too cheerful when defeated.

Can confirm that this is not fixed.

It appears to happen if an enemy dies to a Knock or while being Knocked. At least, that's what I've observed of it thus far. Perhaps it has to to with Death while Flying in that case since that uses an alternate animation where the dying party lands on their back as opposed to on their front.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    And maybe fix the hitbox inflation
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    This would actually be pretty awesome. If we can have fun nullifiers, we should have inflation nullifiers too.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    has anyone had an issue with claiming the PREMIUM PACK in the Z-STORE BONUS tab?? i claimed mine on the 17th & got everything from it EXCEPT the 6 character slots, i am not at 100 characters (around mid 60's) & would like to get the promised slots... was hoping someone else had experienced this

I didn't get any additional slots either and tbh I don't think you're supposed to. I think the +6 slots is intended to be added to a Silver account, to give you 4+6 slots, rather than being a freebie addendum to a Gold account.

• Options
    They should just make a toggle option to turn off all growth effects on other players. That way inflation fetishists can have their fun without forcing it on the rest of us.
    And maybe fix the hitbox inflation

Giant Growth, Mini Drive and Magnifier do not increase your hitbox. Draysha and Artificial Life Injector did, but that was fixed 2-3 patches ago​​
  • Options
    granitritegranitrite Posts: 38 Arc User
    Misc
    ​​

well appearintly you miss one part, as i type this im doing the WHITEOUT mission and when you are to find the missing soldiers, their "corpses" are also "too cheerful"
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »

I didn't get any additional slots either and tbh I don't think you're supposed to. I think the +6 slots is intended to be added to a Silver account, to give you 4+6 slots, rather than being a freebie addendum to a Gold account.

Yeah. Pretty sure the premium pack stuff isn't cumulative with the stuff you get from having a subscription. It's probably the reason the premium pack is free to anyone who is/has subscribed.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah. Pretty sure the premium pack stuff isn't cumulative with the stuff you get from having a subscription.
    It specifically says it isn't, so if you're LTS it's pretty pointless (I haven't bothered to redeem mine).
  • Options
    maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    I've noticed dead people still cheering. Gemini's clones were doing it in alerts, and various Until soldiers were doing it during a run as an Onslaught Villain. Not sure why.
  • Options
    maldanaan wrote: »
    I've noticed dead people still cheering. Gemini's clones were doing it in alerts, and various Until soldiers were doing it during a run as an Onslaught Villain. Not sure why.

Maybe this is the unintentended consequence we got when devs made reciprocating gizmo's vfx incompatible with giant growth. And maybe cosmics getting affected by draysha pistol has something to do with it.

898.gif
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    stanito77stanito77 Posts: 9 Arc User
    At Dino the dead were cheering the living as I timed out due to lag so... ya, still not 100% fixed.
  • Options
    > @jeeb51 said:
    > has anyone had an issue with claiming the PREMIUM PACK in the Z-STORE BONUS tab?? i claimed mine on the 17th & got everything from it EXCEPT the 6 character slots, i am not at 100 characters (around mid 60's) & would like to get the promised slots... was hoping someone else had experienced this

Ah, yer probably like me. Was Gold for a long time cause you thought developers deserved to get paid, EARNED a bunch of slots by capping many toons then went Silver, same reason as Gold?

Well... you're not gonna like this... but you DID get them. The problem is Silver accounts only get a certain number of slots and you my friend, are waaaay over that number. Don't believe me, delete one slot... but pick a character you hate cause that slot is going *poof*.

Or buy one. Only 100 zen, which is good cause you WON'T get it. If you want more slots your choice is LTS or buy enough slots to get you up to the number of toons you have. THEN you should start getting more slots when you buy them.

Told you... not gonna like it. :(
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    NVM
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Bad, that's not what's going on there. Those slots you earned? Still yours. However, the six extra slots you got for subbing aren't technically yours - they were rented. When you dropped the sub, they entered a sort of virtual state, where you could play with the toons in them assuming you converted them to Silver toons, but if you delete a character one of the virtual slots disappears as well. This happens the first six times you delete a toon. After that, you're down to the number of slots you own, so no more will go away. (Been through it - one of the reasons I elected to go LTS. And right now, LTS is a lot cheaper than once it was, and than it will be later...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I guess bug fixing is not as easy for you as nerfing existing code. You know the development life cycle includes a test phase before staging, you should check it out.
    SC3M6Ut.png
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Looks like someone's PeeVeePee carbage build got demolished and now they have to insult the DEV
    5c7.png

Those BUGs are not even game breaking, WTF people? You can live with them for 1 week :grimace:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    kozmoz1kozmoz1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    maldanaan wrote: »

Maybe this is the unintentended consequence we got when devs made reciprocating gizmo's vfx incompatible with giant growth. And maybe cosmics getting affected by draysha pistol has something to do with it.

898.gif

the fix is alot more than just making miniaturize drive with the reciprocating gizmo incompatible with the giant growth device. now reciprocating gizmo only triggers if you use a single target power. aoes dont trigger growth anymore.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Looks like someone's PeeVeePee carbage build got demolished and now they have to insult the DEV
    5c7.png

Those BUGs are not even game breaking, WTF people? You can live with them for 1 week :grimace:​​

True, but for some it is I suppose. I mean, what you consider important others find asinine, vice versa.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    Shoot nearly everyone seems to be entertained by the cheering bug. Best bug 2018! Bring it back for Bloodmoon! \o/​​
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Ran through Queen City tonight. It was a little surreal having all those fallen Gemini Gangsters in the mansion cheering me on as I avenged their deaths, but the cheering cops on the Bayou Queen made it a little hard to target my foes.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The mobs are showing good Sportsmanship by congratulating you for defeating them onion-27.gif​​
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    The mobs are showing good Sportsmanship by congratulating you for defeating them onion-27.gif​​

Alot more good sportsmanship than a few pvpers show, I'll tell ya. . .
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 927 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Giant Growth, Mini Drive and Magnifier do not increase your hitbox. Draysha and Artificial Life Injector did, but that was fixed 2-3 patches ago​​
    I'm skeptical about this statement. I've had large people with wings have a hitbox that encompasses my entire screen. Sometimes when they are standing behind me. I click on anything and it is all THAT GUY.

• Options
    selection box != hitbox​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    vonqball wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I'm skeptical about this statement. I've had large people with wings have a hitbox that encompasses my entire screen. Sometimes when they are standing behind me. I click on anything and it is all THAT GUY.

Hitbox and selection box are two different things.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    selection box != hitbox​​
    While this is true, it's also a semantic argument; whatever you call it, it's a bad gameplay experience.
  • Options
    yeah well, so is someone on a vehicle taking up an entire screen's worth of selection space...i don't see anyone b.itching about THAT​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    yeah well, so is someone on a vehicle taking up an entire screen's worth of selection space...i don't see anyone b.itching about THAT​​
    I've seen plenty of complaints, particularly for obnoxious vehicles like the Spider.