test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180320.15 - Lockbox Stuff

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Lockbox
  • Added Buccaneer Hat, Accessories, Vest, Shoulders, Boots, Pants, Gloves, Sleeves and Pouches to the debugger store.
  • Added Surf travel power and 3 surfboard costumes to the debugger store. Note: There is currently an issue where this travel power is only using the default hoverboard skin.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Depleted Uranium Core was taking up more resources than intended.
  • No patch notes: There are a couple powers added this patch by accident, and some powers may be displaying blank advantages, they will be removed in the next patch but will reappear on pts very soon.

Misc
  • Added Cybermind and Unarmed Martial Arts mods to GCR store.
​​

Comments

• Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    This Buccaneer stuff looks awesome. I hope that a shoulder parrot is on the way.

Possible bug: Looks like the game thinks I already have the Buccaneer Gloves unlocked, when that certainly isn't true.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @themightyzenith

Sounds like a set for you.
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    This Buccaneer stuff looks awesome. I hope that a shoulder parrot is on the way.

I thought we had a shoulder parrot already, or am I dreaming? :o​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The strapped and steam boots have switched tooltip pictures.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    We have shoulder pigeons named ravens
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Costumes so far on PTS.

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    My feedback is simply:

Piraaaaates yaaaaargh!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Oh yes, been hoping for updated pirate stuff for quite a while. This is great news!

A few issues I found......

Bug: Buccaneer Feather is missing from Top Accessories

Bug:Buccaneer Strapped Boots are missing in tailor

Bug:Buccaneer Gloves have blue mask symbol greyed out as if already unlocked.... can't unlock them and they are not in tailor

I was unsure whether the following was a mistake or on purpose so I have erred on the side of caution and put it as a suggestion......

Suggestion: Buccaneer Boots seem overly bulky. Please scale them down a tad to be more in line with the scale of Buccaneer Steam Boots

Thank you =)

@themightyzenith

Sounds like a set for you.

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Ooh! I love the vest and pauldrons!

Just hope the vest scales well with max body mass.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Buccaneer needs a 'knife between teeth' costume piece.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

I thought we had a shoulder parrot already, or am I dreaming? :o​​

Parrot action figure that flaps its wings would be better :D

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Remove the Toespikes and those boots would rule the seven seas...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Be a good time to add a dreadlock hair style...
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Remove the Toespikes and those boots would rule the seven seas...

That's a very good point actually. I forgot about the strange toe spikes...... such a bizarre design choice.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    We need a Cannon Arm Costume Piece, please make it happen.
  • Options
    i suppose that eyepatch piece will clip horribly with all beast heads like the ones we already have do?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wait....... this lockbox is live tomorrow ?

A whole day on PTS for testing, fixing and taking into account suggestions :/
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User

Wait....... this lockbox is live tomorrow ?

A whole day on PTS for testing, fixing and taking into account suggestions :/

Yeah.. that had me seriously baffled when I stumbled across the News page and I was like, "Wait, already?!"
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Third’d on the toe spikes. Those would be beautiful boots if they weren’t so pointy.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Yes, strange that it is going live after less than one day's notice.

Costume looks pretty nice, except for those shoulder pieces. Not getting how those are supposed to be a pirate thing. Besides the obligatory parrot, other items missing are a skull-and-crossbones or jolly rogers flag option for the back flagpole and a similar design for arm and chest tattoos. Kind of surprised that we aren't getting a pirate ship vehicle? I also thought that this might be something what would be released with the long awaited Megaladon cosmic in Lemuria,
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The pirate costume somewhat reminds me of TERA's Pirate costume. It's leather w/ metal designs.

Still, I'm glad the vest scales fine with max body mass.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    I tested the new Surf travel power. As noted, the default skin can't be changed yet. However, I just happened to test the power on a Savage AT and realized that the water associated with the power was colored the reddish default color scheme for the Savage. Because I was playing on a gold account, I could change the color of the water. Silver accounts can't change the color of their powers and I suspect they will be trapped with their default color. Many won't like that. Blue would probably be the best if silvers won't be able to change the default Surf-generated water color.

Suggestion
    Either make the default color of the water generated by the Surf travel power blue, and changeable for gold players; or have some means for silver players to change the color of the Surf-generated water.
  • Options
    genericheronamegenericheroname Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @themightyzenith said:
    > Wait....... this lockbox is live tomorrow ?
    >
    >
    > A whole day on PTS for testing, fixing and taking into account suggestions :/

Could be a fluke on someone's part and it got posted earlier than it should. Way too soon for this to go live.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would love to see the crossbelts that the pirate Nem minions wear. Would be a great and flexible piece of costuming to add to the game, even if it is a fairly plain base piece.

Even better: crossbelts as a chest option, and the vest as a jacket option.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Is it too late to ask for the shoulders of the vest to merge with the sleeves of the arm accessory so there is no gap.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    There's also a new power in the lockbox. Was that put on PTS for testing?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    The powerset changes will come in about one week or two. < Directly said by Kaiserin.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User

The powerset changes will come in about one week or two. < Directly said by Kaiserin.​​

The powerset changes for Dual Blades or Single Blade? Or is it the Claws powerset?
  • Options

The powerset changes for Dual Blades or Single Blade? Or is it the Claws powerset?
    My guess it's both Dual and Single Blade revamp. Claws might be unlikely, but Infinity War is coming up and Black Panther is there. Devs might include Claws.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    organicmuhyorganicmuhy Posts: 18 Arc User
    99% sure it's single blade only considering the key pack is for those mods as well as from the powers they accidentally had out for the day.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    My guess it's both Dual and Single Blade revamp.

1. AAAAGH. I just got those characters out of the powerhouse.

2. Do those sets need a revamp? They've both had some adjustments recently and they seem fine to me, lots of damage, shielding on dual blades, synergies with healing effects, ultimates like Vorpal Blade... is there much that needs doing?
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    They don’t need anything specific except adding more mechanics to it, for example, adding one more mechanic to Dragon’s wrath to maybe up the dmg but need a more strict setup than right now, like they did with unarmed, or tk, or fire, etc.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

is there much that needs doing?

Yes. They're boring and bare bones. DW spam needs to go, and both sets need more tools to work with. They also have useless powers that need to be made useful.
  • Options
    organicmuhyorganicmuhy Posts: 18 Arc User
    I mean, single blade(to me) feels pretty bad to use. You can spam Dragon's Bite, but that's lower DPS than DC/DW, or you can make a rupture based build, but it feels bad(unlike TK) because you can't get 5 stacks of bleed from 3 combo hits. All the rupture builds SUCK, except TK.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Rupture is useful during dps checks on the dino, and if you have vorpal blade you might as well rupture first, but it's otherwise marginal. The problem with Dragon's Bite is that its special trick is refreshing bleeds, and eviscerate (because it also refreshes shredded) is better in that role.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

is there much that needs doing?

Yes. They're boring and bare bones. DW spam needs to go, and both sets need more tools to work with. They also have useless powers that need to be made useful.
    But, that's quite the opposite of what I've seen them doing. Many a power in a set went from useful to borderline utility, but not really worth taking any more.

I don't mind some powers being in a utility role, but I dislike a power that used to be strong becoming, imo, useless. I feel we need more "strong" power options so not everyone is spamming the same combination of powers or just the same single power. THAT is boring to me.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    warcanch said:

But, that's quite the opposite of what I've seen them doing. Many a power in a set went from useful to borderline utility, but not really worth taking any more.

I don't mind some powers being in a utility role, but I dislike a power that used to be strong becoming, imo, useless. I feel we need more "strong" power options so not everyone is spamming the same combination of powers or just the same single power. THAT is boring to me.

Spamming the same single power? That's what these updates have been moving us away from.

I think the key thing here that is causing this perception is this right here ---> "imo". The powers are, in your opinion, useless. So really it's you, and the way you build and the way you use powers. Due to the way I build and play I probably get a lot of value out of powers that you don't. Every time they update a power set I see more "strong" power options than it had before. In some cases surprisingly powerful.

Sure, more options will always be great. That's why these updates are so great, they've been increasing our options. I'll be happy if they revisit powersets and add even more options.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Honestly I can see them revamping both powerframes which would fit the lockbox's theme
    Single Blade already has an excellent set up for DPS and it just needs some additions and special advs

Dual Blade on the other hand is overperforming and requires no set up, just spam Dragon's Wrath for damage and free energy :/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    If Dragon Uppercut is any indication, I predict Dragon Wrath, Dragon Bite and Dragon Claw will get the Dragon Rush mechanic becoming a 3pt advantage.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    Well that is becoming a Norm for all MA powers
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    The next set is going to be single blade, just single blade.
    It should be on pts is 2~3 weeks.​​
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The next set is going to be single blade, just single blade.

It should be on pts is 2~3 weeks.​​

Oh. Okay. More MA stuff. o.e
    Single Blade can definitely use some love.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options

Single Blade can definitely use some love.

Totally, I'm looking forward to seeing what we get with it.

*fingers crossed* :#

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It sure does, its my favorite Powerframe and all with having 5-6 characters using SB and all buuuuuut i have been anticipating seeing underwelming powerframes getting revamped first (Archery, Gadgets, Wind, Earth e.t.c e.t.c)

I can only hope more interesting powers will be added in Single Blade and it gets synergies with other frameworks :weary:

Now we play the waiting game​​
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    So, should I get ready for a lockbox coming with the Single Blade rework?
  • Options

So, should I get ready for a lockbox coming with the Single Blade rework?

I imagine the buccaneer is the single blade lockbox. We already have the single blade key pack.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    I’m glad they’re going to be finishing MA (probably?). After the changes to Unarmed, my builds that mix & match MA powers feel kinda off, so hopefully all four of those sets can be brought up to speed together sometime soon. And if we get some sweet new powers in the mix, all the better.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Buccaneer seems distinctly dual blade-y to me. The enclosed ult is a dual blades spin-a-majig after all.
  • Options
    Now I'm curious on this SB revamp. will they add a single target spam power like most of the melee sets? or make it like TK blade witha 3-combo rupture? Wonder how they'll change RE...
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
This discussion has been closed.