test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discussion Thread: Protector Lockbox

2»

Comments

• Options
    What does it look like in motion, though? Arcane Flight looked perfect for me but then I saw it keeps that pose even when flying.
    <B><COLOR="blue">Behold, the greatest Nightmare returns!</COLOR></B>
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20180108.11 Changes
    Lockbox
    • Added the rest of the Oni Slayer costume set to the debugger store. Many are lacking tooltip images currently.
    ​​
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bug
    Scarf is not unlocked for Female toons
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The makeup is very pretty, but the one without lipstick only allows for one color for the rest of the makeup, while the lipstick-less version allows for two colors.

Suggestion: Remap the color of the dots on the facepaint to another swatch, so we can color the dots on the Facepaint With Lipstick piece differently, as we can on the version without lipstick.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Just had a look at all the new Oni Slayer pieces and I have to say that they are really nice, I can see some nice mixing that can happen with existing pieces too. Top quality stuff :+1:

The makeup is very pretty, but the one without lipstick only allows for one color for the rest of the makeup, while the lipstick-less version allows for two colors.

Suggestion: Remap the color of the dots on the facepaint to another swatch, so we can color the dots on the Facepaint With Lipstick piece differently, as we can on the version without lipstick.

Agreed.

What does it look like in motion, though? Arcane Flight looked perfect for me but then I saw it keeps that pose even when flying.

Stoic Flight keeps it's pose in flight too, unfortunately.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    You would think they'd figure how to have different animations for flight and hovering much like how they do for the running powers.
    <B><COLOR="blue">Behold, the greatest Nightmare returns!</COLOR></B>
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Since I already unlocked the previous version of the Ponytail, it won't let me unlock the new version. However tooltip says it has a ponytail only now, so that's awesome, thanks a ton Kaiserin/devs!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Just saw the rest of the set, really really happy with it. I especially like the shorts, arm accessories, belt, and gi. Can't wait for this to hit Live!
  • Options
    Bug: Neither of the Oni feet options (wood sandals, long boot) have any materials available.
  • Options
    sekhmet46 said:

Since I already unlocked the previous version of the Ponytail, it won't let me unlock the new version. However tooltip says it has a ponytail only now, so that's awesome, thanks a ton Kaiserin/devs!

I second this, brilliant news :) I see the pants were adjusted so that more boots fit without terrible clipping, thanks for this too :+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Suggestion: Add the knotted rope and bells portion of the Oni Slayer belt as a Tail & Rear Accessories, similar to the Robot Samurai bow or the Cybernetic waistcape.
  • Options
    sekhmet46 said:

Suggestion: Add the knotted rope and bells portion of the Oni Slayer belt as a Tail & Rear Accessories, similar to the Robot Samurai bow or the Cybernetic waistcape.

oooooh! Nice suggestion :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I 3rd this.

[Tail accessories need to be used more, it would be nice in the future that these hip,belt tail areas just all get merged into three identical areas]
  • Options
    Can you use facial details for the Oni Slayer face paint?
  • Options
    tfab10tfab10 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I was testing the new Oni Slayer stuff on pts, noticed the scarf isn't appearing for females.

Edit: I can't figure out how to properly format this.
    Post edited by tfab10 on
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    tfab10 said:

I was testing the new Oni Slayer stuff on pts, noticed the scarf isn't appearing for females. if this is in the wrong section please redirect me to the proper section for posting these

It's the right section...... just need to format it correctly, as per the OP.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The lock box items look very cool have to have them all
    screenshot_2018-02-11-01-58-58.png
    A lot of good costume parts
    Those pants are my Aesthetic​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I notice the Oni hair clips through the Oni Mask.
    Oni Hail also clips through back when moving (Running walking or anything that has character leaning forward a bit)
    Is Oni Mask glued on the character? (no top piece or straps)
    Post edited by andondarkmore on
  • Options
    I personally am glad there's no top piece or straps, as those inevitably end up clipping with hairs/ helmets/ other pieces on the head
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Stoic Flight Rank 3

POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! (Start of PowerUp emote with Stoic Flight Rank 3 - Magenta)

(Non FX version)

(FX Version is martial arts orange)

Just wanted to say, I am a HUGE fan of Stoic Flight and the two new emotes!!! Great work!! :+1:
  • Options
    rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    hmmm i think it'd be pretty cool if you added a straight-on Oni head to the set

also off- topic but it be really cool if you made Hoods separate from Head Wear. There are many cool face masks (like kabuki) that go into Head Wear category which makes it impossible to use together.

• Options
    You can suggest more items being duplicated to other areas (like add hoods to top accessory) but they won’t make new catergories
  • Options
    genericheronamegenericheroname Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yep Frieza and M. Bison is first thing that comes to mind. I really like it
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I like the pants. Hopefully lots of pants will drop.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    you did that on purpose, didn't you?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User

you did that on purpose, didn't you?​​

:)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    I just hope those Tattoos are like the Yakuza Tattos and such because otherwise it will be a real bother to get them on female characters
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    > @lillysaturn said:
    > I just hope those Tattoos are like the Yakuza Tattos and such because otherwise it will be a real bother to get them on female characters

The body tattoos included in psychicslug's collage are default costumes and not part of the Oni set. The new costumes do include an eye pattern/makeup piece for the head, but nothing like that for the body.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Suggestion:

Increase rarity on emotes, keep them per character but add the facial expressions (powerup e.g.) as an account bound mood in the tailor. This will for sure increase the value of emotes and will make them big sellers. (you know...more keys sold)

I get the excuse on stances...but lets not forget moods. Moods are part of the creative process and can turn one simple look into something amazing.

• Options
    edited February 2018

Suggestion:

Increase rarity on emotes, keep them per character but add the facial expressions (powerup e.g.) as an account bound mood in the tailor. This will for sure increase the value of emotes and will make them big sellers. (you know...more keys sold)

I get the excuse on stances...but lets not forget moods. Moods are part of the creative process and can turn one simple look into something amazing.

I could totally get behind this idea. I would love more moods available for characters.

We need more face customisation and additional moods could really help to accomplish this.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20180108.12 Changes
    Lockbox
    • Updated costume preview images.
    • Fixed a bug where the Oni Slayer scarf was missing textures on some materials.
    • Fixed some clipping issues with the Oni Slayer chestwear options.
    ​​
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    No materials added to either of the Oni Slayer feet? They still don't have any.
    Post edited by sekhmet46 on
  • Options
    tfab10tfab10 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Clipping issue with the oni slayer scarf for females
    The cape addon for the scarf for females has a slight clipping issue with the back of the female character model
    It clips into the model a little

this is also a bit of a criticism for the female version of the scarf its a lot thinner then the male variant
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
  • Options
    Usually female and males can’t have same size items
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Can Stoic Flight please lose the aura effect it has? No other TP forces you an Aura effect like that on you and it's very annoying since there is no way to tone it down and it clashes with ACTUAL auras that you may be using

Or maybe add an alternate version of it.
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

Can Stoic Flight please lose the aura effect it has? No other TP forces you an Aura effect like that on you and it's very annoying since there is no way to tone it down and it clashes with ACTUAL auras that you may be using

I'd also like this. The aura completely messes with the color scheme of characters, and on certain sorts of characters with carefully chosen colors, makes the flight completely unwanted, despite how fitting the pose would be.

Alternate version would be great.
  • Options
    Be great to remove all those auras and add them to the aura vendor
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Be great to remove all those auras and add them to the aura vendor

I suspect a lot of travel powers could be done away with if we could add additional aura constraints (currently, we have 'always' and 'combat'. Additional checkboxes for 'travel power A', 'travel power B', 'Weapon Drawn', etc, would add a lot of utility.
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

Instead, a version of Stoic Flight without any aura could be added to the Z Store or the Drifter Store.

I've actually found the colouring of Stoic Flight to be subtle and not too intrusive, but I guess that depends what colors you are using and how you've designed your costume?
  • Options

Instead, a version of Stoic Flight without any aura could be added to the Z Store or the Drifter Store.

I've actually found the colouring of Stoic Flight to be subtle and not too intrusive, but I guess that depends what colors you are using and how you've designed your costume?

It's been intrusive on all my costumes aside from my efreeti costume, and even then it can be a little overbearing. It applies a pretty weirdly glowy surface to costumes, which can make black look very bright at random spots on the costume.

I can't imagine disabling the effect would take much time at all, and offering both versions of the flight would be very, very appreciated.
  • Options

offering both versions of the flight would be very, very appreciated.

And the desired solution. I'd rather not have something I've obtained disabled some way.

Perhaps they could even just add a "No Hue" version to the colour box for this flight? I dunno.

Maybe we'll see another flight with the next set update which doesn't contain a hue.
  • Options

lezard21 said:

I'd also like this. The aura completely messes with the color scheme of characters, and on certain sorts of characters with carefully chosen colors, makes the flight completely unwanted, despite how fitting the pose would be.

Alternate version would be great.
    Totally agree. An aura-less version would be great.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

The "Power Flights" have auras attached to them. One has a crackle while the other has a glow that leaves a tracer as you move. They too have cool poses when idle but I wish there was a way to turn on/off the effect.
    "Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • Options
    The intensity of the aura on those powers vary with Rank, so if you leave them at rank 1 they are passable.

Whereas Stoic Flight has the Aura immediately at rank 1.
This discussion has been closed.