test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discussion Thread: Protector Lockbox

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2018 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20180108.3 Changes
Lockbox
  • Added Booster Mod Box to the Debugger store.
  • The Booster Mod Box contains one of the following mods: Respite 3, Energetic 3, Regeneration 3, Vitality 3, Hardy 3, Tireless 3.
  • Added Backflip emote to the Debugger store.

FC.31.20180108.7 Changes
Lockbox
  • Added a second version of the backflip emote that does not loop its stance when you unlock this emote.
  • Added Oni Slayer Mask and Hair to the debugger store.
  • Added Devastating Strike ultimate power unlock to the debugger store.

FC.31.20180108.10 Changes
Lockbox
  • Added Stoic Flight travel power to the debugger store.
  • Added Stoic Flight device to the Drifter store. This requires owning the power to purchase.
  • Added Oni Slayer Pants and Greaves to the debugger store.
  • Added Power Up emote to the debugger store.

FC.31.20180108.11 Changes
Lockbox
  • Added the rest of the Oni Slayer costume set to the debugger store. Many are lacking tooltip images currently.

FC.31.20180108.12 Changes
Lockbox
  • Updated costume preview images.
  • Fixed a bug where the Oni Slayer scarf was missing textures on some materials.
  • Fixed some clipping issues with the Oni Slayer chestwear options.
  • Added Shoki loyal sidekick to the debugger store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Backflip Emote should return your character to their original stance instead of the crouch.

I have a lot of characters that would do a backflip but very few that would use that crouch stance at the end.
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Suggestion
    Please keep the Backflip Emote how it is. It's perfect.

If someone needs to go back to their normal stance they can simply tap one of the movement keys. We need more stance emotes in the game. This is great.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    If both are desired, the emote could just unlock 2 versions.​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Choices are always best.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Do it! This is the better solution.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

We need more stance emotes in the game. This is great.

Gotta agree, it is a nice looking stance that lots of folks will like...

kaizerin said:

Nice one! And ty for this stance :)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • organicmuhyorganicmuhy Posts: 18 Arc User
    Both versions of the emote would be nice.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I like it the way it is. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    So pumped for Protector costumes...
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Sounds great!
    sekhmet46 said:

So pumped for Protector costumes...

Same here yo! :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

FC.31.20180108.3 Changes

Lockbox

FC.31.20180108.7 Changes

Lockbox
      • Added Oni Slayer Mask and Hair to the debugger store.

I can already predict what some people may use that hair for...

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
    edited January 2018

Nice cossie pieces there :)

Suggestion
    That hairstyle could also unlock the top ponytail (with the holder) as a costume piece on it's own, much like other ponytails we have.

That way it could be added to other hairstyles easily and make a great addition to helmets, etc. (like a horse-hair plume)

:)

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    ^ great idea
    edited January 2018
    > @themightyzenith said:
    > Nice cossie pieces there :)
    >
    >
    > Suggestion
    > That hairstyle could also unlock the top ponytail (with the holder) as a costume piece on it's own, much like other ponytails we have.
    >
    > That way it could be added to other hairstyles easily and make a great addition to helmets, etc.
    >
    > :)

I second this. I'd love to use just the ponytail as a Knight's feather plume, or with the Futuristic helmet.

I also *love* the Oni mask. Though I think it'd be even better if the horns were an Attachment Eye Accessory, so you could use the make with/without them and not worry about taking up another costume category.
    Post edited by sekhmet46 on
    edited January 2018
    sekhmet46 said:

I also *love* the Oni mask. Though I think it'd be even better if the horns were an Attachment Eye Accessory, so you could use the make with/without them and not worry about taking up another costume category.

And I love this. It's good enough to be an actual suggestion (cue blue suggestion font colour) ;)

Suggestion

Please make the horns on the Oni Slayer Mask an optional attachment to the costume AND an actual costume piece all on it's own (perhaps top accessory or head wear).

:)

zrdRBy8.png
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Suggestion
    That hairstyle could also unlock the top ponytail (with the holder) as a costume piece on it's own, much like other ponytails we have.

That way it could be added to other hairstyles easily and make a great addition to helmets, etc. (like a horse-hair plume)
    Just chiming in to second this.
    sekhmet46 wrote: »
    And this.

Please do these things. It seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to do that would add a lot of value to both of these pieces.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    That Oni Hair is EVERYTHING. I just wish it was available in more materials!!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Another vote for beautiful costume pieces.
    Great work!

Imagine the new Oni Hair in fire . . .

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    In the same vein as we got an alternate animation version for the Backflip emote, can we get an alternate version for Stoic Flight where wings move if you are using them?
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    When is this lockbox going to be available?
    When Unarmed hits Live.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

This information is generally not disclosed cause it can create market speculation (even more than knowing that it's coming soon will).

The lockbox is probably still missing a couple more pieces for the Oni set, which if we get by Tuesday, you can expect a release on Thursday
    edited February 2018
    There's a bit of a difference between making an alternate emote and making an alternate (travel) stance. An emote is a single animation not dependent on anything, a stance is a great many animations all hooked together that reacts based on your direction and such. A different set of flight animations triggering would require an entirely different power, or some other item (like a device or aura) to trigger a change, which is not something we really want to start doing as it's kinda messy.

In short, wing animations are unlikely to be changed.​​
    > @lezard21 said:
    > When is this lockbox going to be available?
    >
    > This information is generally not disclosed cause it can create market speculation (even more than knowing that it's coming soon will).
    >
    > The lockbox is probably still missing a couple more pieces for the Oni set, which if we get by Tuesday, you can expect a release on Thursday

I would've guessed the Oni Slayer costumes were the secondary set, like the Futuristic pieces or the other bits with the Cybernetic lockbox (Mechanical Monster, Cyber Stealth, etc). If Oni does end up being the primary one, I do hope there is a secondary set or a few extra costumes.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I bet Valentine's Day​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited February 2018
    Okay so I can't figure out how to post images directly so y'all are gonna have to deal with links.

I've been hoping for something like the Oni Pants for years. The huge thighs with narrow lower legs makes a great aesthetic for ninja-type characters, and also translates well into CO (plenty of things that look good in the real world look like crap in CO). Ideally, this would look something like the pants Ganju from Bleach wears: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/C3pFQcHn_h4/maxresdefault.jpg https://ugc.kn3.net/i/origin/http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100407073527/bleachwiki/de/images/b/b3/GanjuvsByakuya.jpg (sorry, best images I could find)

However I was sorely disappointed with the Oni pants. The shape is all wrong. It starts too thin at the waist, and balloons out too much and too fast. Set to all black, the weirdness of the silhouette is obvious. Additionally, there's a lack of detail beyond the wide stripes. I'd have liked to see something on the lower leg, maybe vertical lines akin to the Scifi Soldier boots.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/minjJVPNmu4hCFPA2

Suggestion: I know the costume's probably done and finished in the dev's eyes, but please consider widening the Oni Pants around the waist area, as the difference in width between waist and knee is way too much and looks silly.
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Uh. Something doesn't look right here. This is the powerup emote, btw. Also, is there any way to make the energy color of powerup match our power color?
    ^ see...why can’t we have expressions like that’s in moods?
    edited February 2018
    We do not have a way for players to customize emote fx, which is why a no fx version of the emote was included.​​
    Not customize but add them straight into the mood.

Like beast stance mouth open, make that a mood. Or the talk rage face, make that a mood.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Drifter doesn't seem to be offering the Stoic Flight device.
    edited February 2018
    I really like the shape of the Oni Slayer pants, however they clip with the vast majority of boots we have... thus limiting their use greatly.

Suggestion
    Please reduce the thickness of the lower half of the Oni Slayer Pants so that we can use more boots with them

These pants could also use a better striped pattern.

Suggestion
    Please add an additional pattern choice to the top half of the Oni Slayer Pants similar to the Fantasy pattern for tights

zrdRBy8.png
    Still seriously hoping to hear back on the ponytail suggestion... Really hoping it goes through...
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    What is the pose for Stoic Flight?
    (I'm away from my usual computer for the next few days)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2018

It's basically this......

....but with a glowing effect around the character. It's a vertical pose flight.

It would have been nice to just be able to add effects with auras instead of it being built in. I've got toons who would love that pose, but the aura doesn't go with their themes.

Suggestion
    Please make a second version of Stoic Flight without the aura effects

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Arcane Flight has an aura built in as well but no one said anything about that.​​
    edited February 2018

Arcane Flight has an aura built in as well but no one said anything about that.​​

So? This thread is to review the Protector lockbox, make suggestions report bugs.

zrdRBy8.png
    That wasnt the point I was making. When Arcane lockbox came around, no one said anything about the aura. So why say about this one?​​
    edited February 2018

That wasnt the point I was making. When Arcane lockbox came around, no one said anything about the aura. So why say about this one?​​

This thread is about the protector lockbox, your stawman point that "no-one said anything about this concerning Arcane Flight" is irelevant to my actual suggestion of offering a second version of Stoic Flight.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2018
    Okay... let me make a suggestion then.

Suggestion
    Make Stoic Flight not have the aura at base rank 1, when ranking it, it will build up an aura.

Better?​​

Better?​​

Is this question for me?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Since I did not make anything regarding the lockbox on the thread, I'm asking if that is a suitable suggestion.​​

Since I did not make anything regarding the lockbox on the thread, I'm asking if that is a suitable suggestion.​​

That's really not for me to decide, It's the devs that do that.

I suppose I could give the impression of refuting your suggestion while actually refuting a situation that was not presented by you, but that would be silly, so I shan't.

Instead I shall just give you an encouraging :+1: and wish you well with your suggestion.

zrdRBy8.png
    Instead I shall just give you an encouraging :+1: and wish you well with your suggestion.

Fair enough. I mean, the glow is really bright at even rank 1. I could imagine it at rank 3. Just once we don't get another "Millennial Flight" bright power, I'm glad.​​
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Love the power-up ermote!
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    These new flight animations and costumes makes me feel there was some certain FighterZ in mind while in production of this. Still though I do like the direction for them. Not sure I would ever use all of them but they seem legit. Especially liking the power up emote. Will we be able to control the color of said power or is it just stuck in a default?
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I had the same thought about that pony tail as a separate piece. It just looks so much better than our current topknots and plumes.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User

So I tried using the new flight to see what it looks like myself for one of my characters, and I believe I made a very uncanny resemblance.

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Stoic Flight looks really, really cool! :+1:
This discussion has been closed.