test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 11/21/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2017 in Release Notes
Happy Thanksgiving week Champions! Until next Thursday logging in will grant you the Stuffed title, which grants your account a Burp emote!

Events
  • The Nighthawk event will be running this week.

Blazing Lockbox
We have a new fire themed lockbox in rotation! Players can get the following items:
  • Blaise Loyal Sidekick.
  • Scorching Slide travel power.
  • Blazing Costume Box
  • Swoon Emote
  • Sassy Wink Emote
  • Meteor Blaze Ultimate Power.

The Blazing Costume Box can drop the following costumes:
  • Blazing Tights
  • Blazing Wisps
  • Blazing Feathers
  • Blazing Eyewear
  • Blazing Helmet
  • Blazing Necklace
  • Blazing Shoulders
  • Blazing Emblem
  • Blazing Bracers
  • Blazing Belt
  • Blazing Skirt
  • Blazing Greaves
  • Blazing Feet

Lockbox Changes
  • Added a chance to drop gear boxes alongside modification box drops with the Blazing Lockbox. This only affects the Blazing Lockbox.
  • Example: Regular Modification Cases have a chance to come with a Bold Primary Pack, and Rare Modification Cases have a chance to come with a Mercenary Primary Pack. This does not impact the overall droprate of modification boxes, but instead adds a chance to get gear in addition to the mods.
  • Bold Primary Pack drops 2 slot Green Primary gear at the level you open it up at.
  • The Blazing Lockbox will drop Booster Box IV's instead of III's. This only affects the Blazing Lockbox.
  • Changed the Crafting Skill +10 item to purple quality to better reflect its existing drop rarity. This does not affect its current drop rate.
  • Known Issues: There are a couple items using old names listed on the Blazing Lockbox item. The vendor display store has the correct names. These will be corrected next week. The old names are:
    Blazing Eyes is Blazing Eyewear.
    Blazing Leg Armor is Blazing Greaves.
    Blazing Slide is Scorching Slide.

Booster Box IV can drop the following items:
  • A Costume Change Token
  • Crafting Skill+10
  • 10% Catalyst x3
  • XP Boost Plus
  • Resource Boost

ZEN Store
Added Blazing Key pack. Party Key Pack has been retired.
Blazing Key Pack includes the following:
  • 20 Keys
  • Rex Loyal Sidekick
  • Rex Action Figure
  • 10 Healing Device Plus
  • 10 Energy Surge Plus
  • 3 Triumphant Recoveries

Drifter
  • Added Scorching Slide travel power device. You must own the Scorching Slide travel power in order to purchase and use this device.

Misc Changes
  • Entering team up should no longer place you in a dead team. However, entering team up now takes a couple seconds to place you in a team.

Loyal Sidekick
Blaise
  • A short range fire user that specializes in PBAOE attacks. She has access to Pyre, a PBAOE version of Conflagration and a version of Absorb Heat. Her Absorb Heat can heal herself and nearby allies for a small amount. She can also apply Clinging Flame with her attacks.

Rex
  • Also a short range fire user, but specializes in more single target melee attacks. He has a couple PBAOE attacks, but doesn't use them too often.
  • He is able to get back some health when he bites targets and can apply Clinging Flames and Fear to targets.
​​

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017

Power Changes (Misc)
    Energy Slide
    • Reduced the power cost penalty.
    • Now falls somewhat slower.
    • Corrected some animations.
    • New Advantage(2): Energy Rush. Increases your power recovery and equilibrium while using Energy Slide and you are out of combat.

New Power: Scorching Slide
    • A fiery version of Energy Slide. Available in the Blazing Lockbox.

Expulse
    • New Advantage(2): Creates a Pyre Patch around your Rune.

Moonstruck
    • New Advantage(2): Creates a Pyre Patch around your Rune.

Incendiary Grenade
    • New Advantage: Creates a Pyre Patch at your target.

Incendiary Grenade (Device)
    • Updated FX.
    • Now applies a Pyre Patch.

Phoenix Tear (Device)
    • The phoenix wings now fade out instead of instantly poofing.
    • Adjusted activation visuals to have more color saturation.

Rocket
    • New Advantage: Creates a Pyre Patch at your target.

Chill
    • The way Chill is applied has been changed. Instead of there being multiple different types of Chill (there were a total of 4 that various powers could apply), there is now 1 that can scale with the rank of the power. This is mostly a backend change to allow us to more easily have powers apply this effect.
    • Optimized Chill's snare effects as it was taking up more resources than it should have been.

Snare
    • Optimized the Snare debuff's effect as it was taking up more resources than it should have been.

Binding of Aratron
    • Tenable Bonds advantage: Fixed a bug where the heal and energy siphon were being affected by resistances and damage bonuses.

Ebon Ruin
    • Nyctophobia advantage now buffs base damage.

Empathetic Healing
    • Optimized the FX.

Seraphim
    • Fixed a bug where its advantage was not working properly.
    ​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Power Changes (Fire)
    All players who had abilities in the Fire framework have received a free respec.

Firesnake
    • Updated visuals.
    • Firesnake now has somewhat random movements in combat so it doesn't look like a blob on a target.
    • Fixed a visual bug where the debuff appeared to stack more than 3 times.
    • Serpentine Fire has been renamed to Engulfing Flames. Increased duration to 12 seconds. This power no longer refreshes the duration of the debuff.
    • Can no longer critically hit.
    • New Advantage (2): Firesnake now follows you instead of going to a target.

Pyre
    • New Advantage (3): Fully charging this power deals additional damage for each of your Chill effects on the target. Consumes all Chill effects. Shatters any nearby Ice Structures for additional damage.

Pyre Patch
    • Made some visual changes to the Pyre Patch that many powers can create.
    • All Pyre Patches now have a 10% chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    • A player can only have one Pyre Patch out at a time now.
    • Using any ability that creates one will remove any existing you have out.
    • This affects the following powers: Flashfire (values vary on this power), Strafing Run, Pyre, Conflagration (adv), Brimstone (adv), Expulse (adv), Moonstruck (adv), Incendiary Grenade (adv and device), Rocket (adv).

Burning Effects
    • Heat Wave and Conflagration are no longer considered to be Burning effects.
    • Clinging Flames, Leaping Flames, Fire Snake and Pyre Patches are considered to be Burning effects.

Absorb Heat
    • New Advantage (2): Any target you consumed Clinging Flames from are left Chilled.

Fire Breath
    • This power was using an incorrect formula for calculating its cost. This has been updated, and the cost has gone up slightly.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Plasma Burn instead of Clinging Flames.
    • New Advantage: Refreshes your Engulfing Flames debuff.

Living Fire
    • Fixed a bug where the Mystic Transference advantage was not working.

Fire Shield
    • Now deals minor damage to attackers.
    • New Advantage (3): When releasing Block you now get a 50% resistance to knock. If you are affected by a hold effect, grants you breakout damage every 1 second for 4 seconds.

Fire Strike
    • The chance to apply Clinging Flames on this ability is now tied to the Fiery Escalation buff. For each stack of Fiery Escalation, you gain a 25% chance to apply Clinging Flames. This goes into effect on the first application of the power.
    • Will no longer consume Avenger Mastery as the buff has no effect on the power.
    • Kindling Advantage: The boosted Fiery Escalation buff will not expire upon using a fire ability if you are affected by the Immolation active offense.
    • New Advantage (2): Refreshes the duration of Engulfing Flames.

Fiery Form
    • This passive now grants you additional fire damage bonus for every one of your clinging flames within 50ft of you (up to 10 stacks).

Immolation
    • Now has a chance to apply Clinging Flames to attackers.
    • Blazing Body advantage now has a chance to Stun targets affected by Clinging Flames. Increased advantage cost to 2 points.

Conflagration
    • Reduced damage to fall in line with other area effect powers.
    • Corrected a bug where this power was using an incorrect formula for its cost, overall cost remains roughly the same as it was.
    • Increased the chance to apply Clinging Flames per rank of Conflagration.
    • New Advantage: Chance to apply Fear to targets.

Rimefire Burst
    • Reduced range to 50' (from 60') to fall in line with other Fire powers.

Fireball
    • Unstable Accelerant Advantage: Now only affects your Burning effects.
    • New Advantage (2): Has a scaling chance based on charge time to apply Negative Ions.

Heat Wave
    • Engulfing Flames advantage: Now applies the Engulfing Flames debuff instead of a generic debuff.
    • New Advantage (2): Heals you a small amount when maintaining this power. Removes a small amount of energy from the target.

Flashfire
    • Can no longer get a critical hit.
    • Damage now scales off of your crit and crit severity.
    • New Advantage (3): Flashfire now refreshes Engulfing Flames on activation and when the Pyre Patch persists for at least half of its duration.
    • This advantage also causes all other Pyre Patches to refresh Engulfing Flames if they persist for their entire duration.

New Power: Flame Prison
    • Maintained area effect Incapacitate. 15 second cooldown.
    • Chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    • Advantage: Chance to apply Engulfing Flames to targets. This chance is increased if targets are affected by Clinging Flames.
    • Advantage: General 'Work Up' heal advantage.

New Power: Incinerate
    • Single target ranged damage.
    • Applies a boosted version of Unstable Accelerant while being maintained.
    • Advantage (1): Gains a small damage bonus if the target is affected by Clinging Flames.

New Power: Meteor Blaze
    • Ultimate. 90 second cooldown.
    • Available in the Blazing Lockbox
    • Deals damage in a area effect.
    • Knocks Down all targets.
    • Leaves behind a Pyre Patch.

New Power: Rise from the Ashes
    • Ally resurrect.

New Power: Fiery Will
    • Ranged toggle form.
    • Scales off of Recovery.
    • Triggers off of Burning effects.
    ​​
  • Options

Archetypes
    The Inferno has had its diminishing returns corrected.
    New progression path:
    • Level 1: Throw Fire
    • Level 1: Fire Strike
    • Level 6: Fireball OR Fire Breath
    • Level 8: Fiery Form
    • Level 11: Heat Wave OR Flame Prison
    • Level 14: Fiery Will
    • Level 17: Incinerate
    • Level 21: Fire Shield
    • Level 25: Thermal Reverberation
    • Level 30: Conflagration OR Pyre
    • Level 35: Immolation
    • Level 40: Flashfire OR Firesnake
    ​​
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    Does energy slide work underwater yet?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,440 Arc User
    Wow, the changes to fire seem like they were pushed through before everything was really tested. I guess the point was to have a heat based power revamp out so we (USA types) can overcook our turkeys this year? The good news is that this will allow the much anticipated and thematically relevant Gadget revamp to happen by Christmas? :) I mean, it does have various cute toys, so late December seems the ideal time for the reworking of this set.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Fire will see a few more support powers by end of year, and a new Fire Support archetype to go with it. But that's it for power revamps for this year!​​
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited November 2017

late December seems the ideal time for the reworking of this set.

Late December is the ideal time for taking a much deserved break and doing things like spending time with family, going on vacation, or being a couch potato. It's not an ideal time for reworking a powerset...or anything for that matter.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 634 Arc User
    Thank you for the power set revamp!!! Fiery Will is going to sooo help my fire toon!
  • Options
    Betting I will still see lots of people at cosmics and so on in late December. Lots of people won't be doing a whole lot with family. Given how fast fire was pushed through I wouldn't find it implausible that Gadgets could get some attention by then and at least be put on PTS. But, K. has nixed that, so :(
    kamokami said:

late December seems the ideal time for the reworking of this set.

Late December is the ideal time for taking a much deserved break and doing things like spending time with family, going on vacation, or being a couch potato. It's not an ideal time for reworking a powerset...or anything for that matter.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Those are not the people I was talking about. You don't have to either be with family or be at work revamping a powerset. Point being...late December is an ideal time for a break and lots of people will not be at work. I hope that the CO dev team will take that break to rest up and get ready for an exciting 2018. So :)
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I see someone slipped over and pressed the "**** it, we going LIVE" button.

I guess is for the best though, can get much more feedback from live than PTS.

Also now I can get my hands on that sweet Meteor ult much earlier than expected. Incoming swarm of xXxThESePhIrOtHxXx weeboo toons
  • Options
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Does energy slide work underwater yet?

Newp, missed that. Will be fixed for next week.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Fire will see a few more support powers by end of year, and a new Fire Support archetype to go with it. But that's it for power revamps for this year!​​

Wooo~! Interested in these fire support powers.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    No secondary costumes in lockbox? T_T
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    But...but..but, it's tuesday....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

But...but..but, it's tuesday....

Because surely they would release a patch on Thanksgiving day....
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    kaizerin said:

Newp, missed that. Will be fixed for next week.​​

Okay, just happy you're aware of it.
  • Options
    aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Oh.. lovely. Support Fire Powers come later... *Sigh* Of course I find this out -after- I already respec my current fire-based healer. Just my luck.

Edit: Bug? Still nothing about the Matter-Energy Union Advantage Shield being drastically reduced. Post-Electric Revamp, it scaled by level. At level 40 it was 10.5k Strength, it dropped to 7.5k in an alert when you went to level 30. A few patches ago, it was changed, it still scales with Level, but the numbers are far lower. 3.5k at level 40, and around 2k at level 30.

Bug? 2- The fire resurrection (Rise from the Ashes) starts with a fire-sounding Sound Effect, and when cast on full charge, the sound that plays is the same as the Celestial Resurrection. Intentional?
    Post edited by aschershadow on
  • Options
    Bug? I failed the Stone penthouse mission and was stuck as the temporary battle jet. Couldn't switch back to hero form even when I joined an alert, had to wait until the timer ran out. :T

Kaizerin, could you be persuaded to add The Penitent archetype to the event store? :)
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yet another lockbox...........
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    The Auras did not make the update? How will they be made available if not via the box. I am not usually really hyped about auras, but the new fire themed auras were really good.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User

I know right? It's like we get a new one regularly every couple of months and have being for years now and they are announced in the pts section weeks in advanve or something! Jeez................................................

• Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Living Fire still has a typo in the description, the command "br" was left unclosed, as > was accidentally switched by a . in the expanded description. Dunno if you have to pick it up or not, I have it already with me.
    I believe it had that typo since release.

On Rank 3 it also says that it summons 2 Living Fire sigils instead of 5, that is, for both the lower part of the description (which is supposed to be 2 anyways) and the upper part (which is supposed to say 5).
    I do not have the 2-sigil advantage, only R3.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

I know right? It's like we get a new one regularly every couple of months and have being for years now and they are announced in the pts section weeks in advanve or something! Jeez................................................
    Plus it isn't just another lockbox. There are a ton of new free powers.

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Power Changes (Fire)
    Eh... not excited but neither dissapointed with this revamp

this is rushed​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Bug:
    Blazing feet are not available in the "both" cat.
    Blazing shoulders are not available in the "both" cat.
  • Options
    organicmuhyorganicmuhy Posts: 18 Arc User
    So I feel like I should bring this up since you guys have touched up the slides(Which feel really strange while jumping, I'll get to that in a moment.)
    Could you please fix tails flinging around at maximum overdrive while using it? I used to get by with tapping jump over and over, which like I said, feels weird now. I'd be good with fixing the tail thing so I'm not forced to jump to avoid it though.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Add the option for Incinerate to emanate from points other than hands, like Head slot (as a single beam instead of 2)

Since forums ate my post in PTS subforum:

Since Fire Support was pushed for a further patch may I suggest a broader take on the meaning of Support (ie. not just someone that heals and rezzes the dead) while designing it. For example:

A buff:

Suggestion
    New Power: Fiery Wrath
    Mantain
    Increases the all damage of up to 10 players in a 15 feet area around the caster by 3/6/9% (depending on rank) for the duration of the mantain.

Advantage: Burning with Power
    For the duration of the mantain, gives X Energy every 3 seconds to players affected by Fiery Wrath (X is affected by your Pre or Rec)

Suggestion
    New Power: Sun Cloak
    Ally Buff
    Reflects 2/4/6% (depending on rank) melee damage (post mitigation) back to attacker. Lasts 30 seconds. Doesn't stack.

Advantage: Nova Cloak
    If target is in DPS role, adds a 5% chance to deal x Fire Damage to all attacks. Can't proc more than once every 3 seconds.
    If target is in Support Role, grants him an additional 10% damage reduction.
    If target is in Hybrid Role, grants him an additional 10% threat generation.
    If target is in Tank Role, grants him a healing over time effect that heals him for x HP every 3 seconds.

An emergency button:

Suggestion
    New Power: Magma Armor
    10 min cooldown
    Renders yourself and up to 4 party members within a 10 feet radius completely immune to all damage for 3/4/5 seconds (depending on rank)

Advantage: Fire is Life
    Heals 50% Hp of people affected by Magma Armor

A debuff:

Suggestion
    Searing Flames
    Charge
    Reduces enemy's Elemental defense by 3/6/9% for 15 seconds.

Advantage: It Burns
    Searing Flames now also reduces enemy's all damage strength by 5%.

• Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    kaizerin said:

Power Changes (Fire)

All players who had abilities in the Fire framework have received a free respec.

Firesnake
    • Updated visuals.
    • Firesnake now has somewhat random movements in combat so it doesn't look like a blob on a target.
    • Fixed a visual bug where the debuff appeared to stack more than 3 times.
    • Serpentine Fire has been renamed to Engulfing Flames. Increased duration to 12 seconds. This power no longer refreshes the duration of the debuff.
    • Can no longer critically hit.
    • New Advantage (2): Firesnake now follows you instead of going to a target.

Pyre
    • New Advantage (3): Fully charging this power deals additional damage for each of your Chill effects on the target. Consumes all Chill effects. Shatters any nearby Ice Structures for additional damage.

Pyre Patch
    • Made some visual changes to the Pyre Patch that many powers can create.
    • All Pyre Patches now have a 10% chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    • A player can only have one Pyre Patch out at a time now.
    • Using any ability that creates one will remove any existing you have out.
    • This affects the following powers: Flashfire (values vary on this power), Strafing Run, Pyre, Conflagration (adv), Brimstone (adv), Expulse (adv), Moonstruck (adv), Incendiary Grenade (adv and device), Rocket (adv).

Burning Effects
    • Heat Wave and Conflagration are no longer considered to be Burning effects.
    • Clinging Flames, Leaping Flames, Fire Snake and Pyre Patches are considered to be Burning effects.

Absorb Heat
    • New Advantage (2): Any target you consumed Clinging Flames from are left Chilled.

Fire Breath
    • This power was using an incorrect formula for calculating its cost. This has been updated, and the cost has gone up slightly.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Plasma Burn instead of Clinging Flames.
    • New Advantage: Refreshes your Engulfing Flames debuff.

Living Fire
    • Fixed a bug where the Mystic Transference advantage was not working.

Fire Shield
    • Now deals minor damage to attackers.
    • New Advantage (3): When releasing Block you now get a 50% resistance to knock. If you are affected by a hold effect, grants you breakout damage every 1 second for 4 seconds.

Fire Strike
    • The chance to apply Clinging Flames on this ability is now tied to the Fiery Escalation buff. For each stack of Fiery Escalation, you gain a 25% chance to apply Clinging Flames. This goes into effect on the first application of the power.
    • Will no longer consume Avenger Mastery as the buff has no effect on the power.
    • Kindling Advantage: The boosted Fiery Escalation buff will not expire upon using a fire ability if you are affected by the Immolation active offense.
    • New Advantage (2): Refreshes the duration of Engulfing Flames.

Fiery Form
    • This passive now grants you additional fire damage bonus for every one of your clinging flames within 50ft of you (up to 10 stacks).

Immolation
    • Now has a chance to apply Clinging Flames to attackers.
    • Blazing Body advantage now has a chance to Stun targets affected by Clinging Flames. Increased advantage cost to 2 points.

Conflagration
    • Reduced damage to fall in line with other area effect powers.
    • Corrected a bug where this power was using an incorrect formula for its cost, overall cost remains roughly the same as it was.
    • Increased the chance to apply Clinging Flames per rank of Conflagration.
    • New Advantage: Chance to apply Fear to targets.

Rimefire Burst
    • Reduced range to 50' (from 60') to fall in line with other Fire powers.

Fireball
    • Unstable Accelerant Advantage: Now only affects your Burning effects.
    • New Advantage (2): Has a scaling chance based on charge time to apply Negative Ions.

Heat Wave
    • Engulfing Flames advantage: Now applies the Engulfing Flames debuff instead of a generic debuff.
    • New Advantage (2): Heals you a small amount when maintaining this power. Removes a small amount of energy from the target.

Flashfire
    • Can no longer get a critical hit.
    • Damage now scales off of your crit and crit severity.
    • New Advantage (3): Flashfire now refreshes Engulfing Flames on activation and when the Pyre Patch persists for at least half of its duration.
    • This advantage also causes all other Pyre Patches to refresh Engulfing Flames if they persist for their entire duration.

New Power: Flame Prison
    • Maintained area effect Incapacitate. 15 second cooldown.
    • Chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    • Advantage: Chance to apply Engulfing Flames to targets. This chance is increased if targets are affected by Clinging Flames.
    • Advantage: General 'Work Up' heal advantage.

New Power: Incinerate
    • Single target ranged damage.
    • Applies a boosted version of Unstable Accelerant while being maintained.
    • Advantage (1): Gains a small damage bonus if the target is affected by Clinging Flames.

New Power: Meteor Blaze
    • Ultimate. 90 second cooldown.
    • Available in the Blazing Lockbox
    • Deals damage in a area effect.
    • Knocks Down all targets.
    • Leaves behind a Pyre Patch.

New Power: Rise from the Ashes
    • Ally resurrect.

• Ranged toggle form.
    ​​

BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. EVAR!!!
    Post edited by pwestolemyname on
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    beezeeze said:

Weeks? Maybe days would be more accurate.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Are the graphics for Flame Prison glitchy? It seems like there should be multiple rings spinning at the same time but mostly only see one which looks kinda weird. Too bad this is a utility power instead of a main aoe dps. Something to use instead of conflag.

Scorching Ray looks kinda... plain? Not very fiery?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    guyhumual said:

beezeeze said:

Weeks? Maybe days would be more accurate.
    Well yes maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, but that wasn't the point.

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Well crap, I wasn't expecting the fire changes to be live yet. Since the Forced Family Socializing Week event is currently live IRL, I can't say Herocreator will reflect the these changes until sometime around the weekend.

Also, I can't help but notice that there's no melee-based fire sword power yet. I suspect this is simply an oversight and will be fixed as soon as possible. :D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hmm Fire form was given the Fiery Light debuff (crushing and piercing resistance debuff) for attacking enemies with clinging flames, but its not in the tooltip description neither in the notes

Meteor Blaze should have been given the Overpowered Debuff ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• Ranged toggle form.
    ​​
    Except for this. This is BS. Can't we just have it scale off Ego? Guess I'll be sticking with Chilled Form for now.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 634 Arc User
    avianos said:

Hmm Fire form was given the Fiery Light debuff (crushing and piercing resistance debuff) for attacking enemies with clinging flames, but its not in the tooltip description neither in the notes

It looks like this may be the fire damage bonus with Fire Form but mislabeled in the status icon.
    kaizerin said:

Fiery Form

​​

• Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

kaizerin said:

• Ranged toggle form.
    ​​
    Except for this. This is BS. Can't we just have it scale off Ego? Guess I'll be sticking with Chilled Form for now.
    Agreed. Why does Fire need a second energy stat? It already uses End for Reverberation.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Actually.. the fire revamp looks great! The sidekicks and costume pieces are PRETTTY!!!!!!

I'm assuming our dedicated and hard working devs are making some time to have an actual life :D. Wishing them happy holidays!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

kaizerin said:

• Ranged toggle form.
    ​​
    If it scaled with ego, you'd have no reason to pick it over Concentration/Chilled Form, as they're easy to stack up for any ranged builld, unless you use clicks at melee range, or uncharged Mind Breaks.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    To be honest, those new RANGE forms are better for Tanks, Supports and Oddball dps (DEX primary for example which stacks secondaries only)
    Not so much for DPS (unless you are DEX primary or use EGO only to stack the defensive specs from secondaries)
    Fire Tanks will take great use of Fiery Will just like Power Source spawned a lot of FF electric tanks​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

If it scaled with ego, you'd have no reason to pick it over Concentration/Chilled Form, as they're easy to stack up for any ranged builld, unless you use clicks at melee range, or uncharged Mind Breaks.

Concentration/Chilled are difficult to stack for a tank, as the trigger constraints are either slow or require you to be distant from the target. That said, recovery is a horrible stat to invest significantly in, though rec primary might be okay for a tank, you're often at max energy, and your investment in con will get you cc resistance and cooldown reduction.
  • Options
    Just wondering, should Fiery Form provide a bit of damage resistance as compared to Electric Form since you have to be closer in to your target?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Bug:
    When there are lots of players in teamup, the automatic join-leave-join thing can be a bit to fast. The last join can fail, which leaves you out of teamup.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    if fiery will DOES NOT require you to stand near the burning people. great. i always hated how fire- ranged has to stand near its victims to set of energy unlock
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Costume Placement Suggestions:

Blazing Eyewear add a copy to Eyebrows
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Actually.. the fire revamp looks great! The sidekicks and costume pieces are PRETTTY!!!!!!

I'm assuming our dedicated and hard working devs are making some time to have an actual life :D. Wishing them happy holidays!!!

Am I the only one who watches enough lame anime to realize that the new costume set bears an uncanny resemblance to Protagonist Boy's "Cross On" gear?

-
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    The Greaves are too long. Go way above the knee.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif