test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Western Lockbox/Lockbox Changes Discussion Thread

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Please use this thread to discuss changes made to lockboxes for this PTS update.

Collector Store
  • Added some more preview images to the Collector Store items.
  • Added Steel Arachnid lockbox items to the store.
  • Moved all auras to Costume Voucher B store.
  • Moved all purple costumes to Costume Voucher A store.

Western Lockbox
  • Cyber Cowboy costume is available again, now on both genders.
  • Gave Watt Earp new attacks that are more fitting for a robot cowboy.
  • Added preview images for most of the Western lockbox items.
  • Added male version of Steampunk Plague Mask.
  • The Cyber Cowboy has been temporarily removed, it will return later this week/beginning of next week.
  • Added female version of Steampunk Plague Mask.
  • Added Steampunk Hoverboard costume unlocks.
  • Added Steampunk Hoverboard travel device.
  • Added Steampunk weapon skins.
  • Added Magnetic and Short Circuit auras to the debugger lockbox store.
  • Added Watt Earp sidekick to the debugger lockbox store. His power effects and damage are currently using placeholder values.
  • Added Wall Lean and Twitchy Fingers emotes to the debugger lockbox store.
  • The vehicle mod case is being retired from future lockboxes.
  • Created new versions of the mod case item (old ones are unaffected) that include vehicle mods in their drop table.
  • Redid many lockbox item tooltips to be more clear about what they can give out.
  • Added male version of Cybernetic Cowboy costume to the debugger lockbox store.
  • Added new Booster Box III as the default lockbox reward. This box can drop the following items: (x3) 10% Catalysts, XP Boost Plus, Crafting SKill Up +10, XP Boost, (x3) 7% Catalysts, Resource Boost, (x3) Crafting Skill up +1, Limited Transportation Box.
  • New Item: Limited Transportation Box. Can give you a couple one time use travel device to Rencen, Steelhead and Project Greenskin. It can also give one time use teleport to teammate and teleport team.
  • Added Mercenary and Legion Secondary packs as drops to the Western and Collector box. These contain secondary pieces of gear.
  • Changed the loot quality of Drifter Crates to green.
  • Emote unlocks will now display Not Usable if you have already unlocked it.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Lockbox feedback

The Auras are alright.. if a little overly specif in their visuals.

Watt Earp...not gonna lie he looks a bit daft, but hopefully he'll be effective enough to make that a non-issue in the "should i get"

The emotes are still not unlocked account wide, 80% of the people in the last thread already went over how bad of an idea this is and how much they don't want it, do I really need to reiterate how much this is going to piss people off?

Vec mod cases being retired... eh, vecs were a joke every since they got nerfed into the ground with the Vehicle 2.0 "update"

New mod case that has vec mods and normal mods....that's going to be annoying to deal with the unwanted vec mods to say the least.

Lockbox tooltip explaining better...a nice touch.

Checked the costume over, and simply put, it's awesome, the pieces work well together and with other costumes... so unlike the pile of junk vintage toy set, this one is a must have...nice work.

Booster box 3...where do I start.. first of all it would feel infinitely more rewarding if the 7% catalysts were made into 10% and the drop spot for the 10% was made into safeguards.. and if the crafting skill +1 was replaced with something else minor..like say a +5% chance to get a bonus mod from a crafting node...and the limited transport box is just...meh

Merc and Legion secondary gear, I must admit these are very interesting additions, however I think it would work out a bit better if you had the Merc as they are now, A new box for heroic secondries which does what the legion do atm, and change the legion ones to give +40 to primary SS.. and have it so they can slot upto a rank 3 gem [gamblers, impact, sentinel brooch, growth], it would create a more interesting dynamic as well as a somewhat greater drive to aquire.

Drifter crates are now green....ok then.....any pictular reason why?

Emotes saying not usable if you already have unlocked?....for the second time, character limited emotes from a lockbox is a terrible idea from a player perspective..you can just smell the "nickel and diming" without even opening the box, and nobody likes to be nickel and dimed..it just makes them angry, and want to not take part.. and leave....so please see some sense and change this.

emotes from lockbox should be account wide

as for emotes from events.. having them be character limited, while annoying is acceptable.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Once again i'm going to request: Can someone post screenshot of the new Lockbox costume set please?

Sorry for my Impatience bucktooth.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Bug
    With the new Cybernetic Cowboy costume
    There is only a left normal hand for it. There is no option for a right hand except for the claw.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Quicksilver Aura:

The aura coats my otherwise invisible psi-holo costume pieces quite nicely.
    Very cool aura I would like to pick up.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Trying to post images, but clicking the image button tool doesn't add the image.
    :(

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited January 2017
    Rewards Boxes Feedback:

Secondary Mercenary:
    Nice new gear. Not amazing, but useful and different. People are going to like these.

Secondary Legion:
    Also great new addition. I like the ability to slot the ability enhancement, myself, since I often use secondaries for non-superstats. These will be popular.

Booster Box III:
    As I said in another thread, the +1 Skill Up feels like getting less than nothing. I suppose people could put them in the AH for 1 G. Imagine spending 100G on a key, or some Zen, then opening a lockbox, to get Booster Box III, and then getting vehicle mods and 3x(+1 Skill Boost). It just really isn't good enough. Please reconsider this as one of the Booster Box III drops.

Modification Case:
    There are lots of vehicle mods, and most aren't used by anyone. Really. Only some vehicle mods are sought after, and others provide bonuses which there is still debate about whether or not they work (dodge and crit bonuses).

Rare Modification Case:
    I opened ten of these just now and half were vehicle mods. Heavens no. Again, most vehicle mods just aren't used at all, and plenty of players don't use vehicles, or bother upgrading them. The old rare mod case was a nice consolation prize, occasionally giving R7 Con mods or some such. Now, the addition of vehicle mods to their drop tables makes the chance of good/useful mods go down considerably.

Please rethink the plan for the mod cases. At the least, do not make the chances for vehicle mods equal to the others.

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    So lockboxes have a much greater chance of being completely worthless?
    edited January 2017
    jonesing4 said:

So lockboxes have a much greater chance of being completely worthless?

No, I would not say much greater. Since the vehicle modification cases have gone away, the odds are about the same for getting vehicle mods, maybe a little less. Still, it can be super disappointing, and you don't know if it is vehicle mods before opening (which has Auction House implications). As for the Booster Box III . . . there is a small chance you get the +1 Skill Up, or a single-use teleport. Those are really the worst.

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Watt Earp needs a new color scheme, preferably something a bit more wild west.

Crafting skill up +1 is a joke and only serves to reinforce the nickel and dime scheme Cryptic seems to be trying to adopt. The thing with trying to take advantage of gamblers, and those without impulse control, is making it feel like each time the lever, or in the case the gamble box, is pulled/opened they are getting something worthwhile. Getting the +1, character bound crap, or one time use devices do the exact opposite.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Emotes saying not usable if you already have unlocked?....for the second time, character limited emotes from a lockbox is a terrible idea from a player perspective..you can just smell the "nickel and diming" without even opening the box, and nobody likes to be nickel and dimed..it just makes them angry, and want to not take part.. and leave....so please see some sense and change this."

Are the lockbox emotes per character and BoP? I figured they were at least BoE per character.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    On the note of the Vehicle Mod drop changes, whatever happened to that proposal to actually show proper stats on vehicle weapons and mods?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I think i missed the cybernetic and cowboy on that costume.....
    Maybe it's just me.
    Has more of steampunk feel on it.
    The chest belt looks nice.
    Hat could be a bit bigger.
    Right shoulder is...what?
    The right hand? What is that?
    So, the costume as a whole set. Mmmmmkay, kind of.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Getting vehicle mods wouldn't be so terrible if they got rid of all those they know players basically don't use.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Getting vehicle mods wouldn't be so terrible if they got rid of all those they know players basically don't use.

This^^

At least, make sure that all the bonuses provided by vehicle mods work, and make sure that in-game UI feedback in combat makes that clear, too.

sterga said:

Are the lockbox emotes per character and BoP? I figured they were at least BoE per character.

Lockbox emotes are BoE per character. The BoP ones are from events.

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    The Cyber Cowboy looks really awesome, when will I be able to test it with my main, who is female ? On male, It's works very well, I'm waiting for the female version

PS: The new loyal sidekick hits for 6K on a dummy, every 3-4 sec, seems alot

• andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Missed a chance to make 4 Horse based Jetbikes. Using Bull Bike as a base. Make a white horse, black horse, and for the fantasy themed characters a White unicorn and and black unicorn Bike.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    There will be a horse vehicle based off of the bull, but it's going to be a reward for the Snake Gulch open mission ;)​​
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kaizerin said:

There will be a horse vehicle based off of the bull, but it's going to be a reward for the Snake Gulch open mission ;)​​

That's great!

But if it has legs (even if they don't move... but even sweeter if it gallops), a LOT of people will be giddy. :)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    There will be a horse vehicle based off of the bull, but it's going to be a reward for the Snake Gulch open mission ;)

[SABER RIDER AND THE STAR SHERIFF INTENSIFIES]​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Can I swap the cow for one of those? I have never, ever, been unable to understand why there was a cow vehicle. I am also miffed that it is the only vehicle that I have ever obtained from a lockbox. I DIDN'T WANT A COW!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It's a bull.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You can't tell from the Vehicle. And Bovine, Schmovine.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Trying to milk it is just wrong.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Suggestion
    The Cyber Cowboy costume set needs at least one glow option per piece. Also, mixed material (cloth & metal) would be nice on chest piece, belt, torso, and maybe hat. Make the hat taller/ bigger, it looks silly right now. Also, prevent the left shoulder and the strap on the chest piece from clipping one another. Change the left hand to give it a bit more pizzazz, it is quite boring currently. Make both hand, bracer, and shoulder options available for both sides. Thin the lower leg of the legs to prevent them from clipping thin & tall feet options. Add in a leg accessory holster to match the strap on the belt. Add in a facial accessory piece or two. Finally, have a weapon and matching back costume drop from the lockbox, a scifi set of revolvers or a rifle.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Will this hit PTS?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    "Merc and Legion secondary gear, I must admit these are very interesting additions, however I think it would work out a bit better if you had the Merc as they are now, A new box for heroic secondaries which does what the legion do atm, and change the legion ones to give +40 to primary SS.. and have it so they can slot up to a rank 3 gem [gamblers, impact, sentinel brooch, growth], it would create a more interesting dynamic as well as a somewhat greater drive to aquire."

Oh gawd, you want more ss only gear.
    And for those of us who DON'T stick everything into SS, 1 out of the 3 will be useful.
    But there's always the normal purples.​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BBCode:
    Quicksilver aura turns off
    Where it happens- PTS
    What happens- when you change its colour, it turns off. you have to take it off and put it back on to see it again.

BBCode:
    Bug-cybernetic cowboy costume not showing in tailor after unlocking
    Where it happens- pts
    What happens- i got the token from the debugger, used it. It said it was unlocked, nothing under cowboy or cybernetic
    ​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    chaelk said:

Bug-cybernetic cowboy costume not showing in tailor after unlocking
    Where it happens- pts
    What happens- i got the token from the debugger, used it. It said it was unlocked, nothing under cowboy or cybernetic
    ​​

Did you try that on a male or female character? I seem to remember something about how that costume only works on males right now.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Build FC.31.20170112.0058d.10 ======================================​​
    First page has links to pics of them.

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Could you repost the URLs? I see the cowboy costume, but not the new costume parts.
    HTML:
    Bug
    Where it happens: Powerhouse
    What happens: Even after unlocking the item and selecting it in "Purchase Powers," Showdown doesn't slot in the power tray and is unable to be manually added or used.
    HTML:
    Bug
    Where it happens: Tailor
    What happens: Even after unlocking the item, neither of the costumes from the Steampunk Plague Mask show up in the Tailor, through search or simply scrolling through the proper categories.
    I assume the Cybernetic Cowboy set has been removed for revisions to be made to it?
    Build FC.31.20170112.0058d.13 ======================================​​

Awesome, really I love it

• knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    sekhmet46 said:

Suggestion
    The Cyber Cowboy costume set needs at least one glow option per piece. Also, mixed material (cloth & metal) would be nice on chest piece, belt, torso, and maybe hat. Make the hat taller/ bigger, it looks silly right now. Also, prevent the left shoulder and the strap on the chest piece from clipping one another. Change the left hand to give it a bit more pizzazz, it is quite boring currently. Make both hand, bracer, and shoulder options available for both sides. Thin the lower leg of the legs to prevent them from clipping thin & tall feet options. Add in a leg accessory holster to match the strap on the belt. Add in a facial accessory piece or two. Finally, have a weapon and matching back costume drop from the lockbox, a scifi set of revolvers or a rifle.

It's weird, this Costume Set should have more glowing parts. It's not very fun to use if there aren't some glowing parts to it.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Doesn't need glowing parts
  • knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User

Doesn't need glowing parts

Why's that?

• orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    Does anyone have images of the Steampunk stuff yet? Anyone at all...?
    The gun and the mask are on the thread, I posted images.

• orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    Oh, those are the steampunk items everyone's talking about?

Thanks!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bug:
    - Both left shoulderpads are named "Cybernetic" all the other are named "Cyber".
    - Hands only have material and detail options on left or right, not on both.
    - The chest layer piece doesn't scale properly with the breast slider.
    - default detail setting is random and is different on the left and right pieces

Suggestion:
    - Give the claws some more material options (ghost, ice, shadow)

Female version

Post edited by aiqa on
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Heels and no heels options for both men and women would be super. Unless that's already a thing...​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I just got back from looking at the items from this lockbox and I have to say that they look really, really good =)

-The Iron Horse Grav Bike is gorgeous and great for some themes and concepts.

-The Steampunk Weapons are brilliant. Really nicely designed.

-The Tech Belt is fantastic and the "Cloth AND Metal' option is a nice touch. I do have one suggestion for it though that could make it mesh better with other costume parts...

Suggestion:Give an optional version of the belt that goes straight across the hips/waist.

-The Cybernetic Cowboy costume is also very nice and the hat is now a much better size. I noticed, however that as well as other changes, you guys have removed the chest belt from the original costume...

photo ChestBelt.png

Suggestion:Add the Chest Belt to the new costume

Nice stuff though =)

Edit: The Steampunk Hoverboard is sweeeeeeeet.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Like the new hat. Much better than the tiny bateared one...​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.