test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Really Bad Power Ideas Discussion!

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

The neckbeard lockbox in which you have a chance to get the following.

Teleport to Club Caprice Device.

The Pretentious Erper become Device it comes in two flavors :
    Become Annoying Albino Nine Tail Fox.
    Become Electro Nympho.

New hideout: Mom's basement.

Wow, you're serving up some piping hot harsh browns for breakfast o.o

Got plenty of in game inspiration from COs very special playerbase :3

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nepht wrote: »
    The Pretentious Erper become Device it comes in two flavors :
    Become Annoying Albino Nine Tail Fox.
    Become Electro Nympho.
    Only two flavors? What about "Become Absurdly-Proportioned Shemale" or "Become Musclebound Horndog?"​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

Only two flavors? What about "Become Absurdly-Proportioned Shemale" or "Become Musclebound Horndog?"​​

The brand can be expanded.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    and we already have Moms basement as a hideout.read through the items you can change in, includes moms paintings, moms storage​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    chaelk said:

and we already have Moms basement as a hideout.read through the items you can change in, includes moms paintings, moms storage​​

This is a special neckbeard mom's basement. Its filled with bad anime and comes with a special tailor that allows you to multibox so you can dress up your made up alt account internet realdoll.

The hideout also unlocks the perk titles "forever alone" and " TV diners4lyfe"
    nepht wrote: »
    and we already have Moms basement as a hideout.read through the items you can change in, includes moms paintings, moms storage

This is a special neckbeard mom's basement. Its filled with bad anime and comes with a special tailor that allows you to multibox so you can dress up your made up alt account internet realdoll.

The hideout also unlocks the perk titles "forever alone" and " TV diners4lyfe"
    Can you set up your entire collection of action figures on the shelves?​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

Can you set up your entire collection of action figures on the shelves?​​

Yes.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Is there space for My Little Pony figures and crates of Cheetos?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2017

Its more suited to collectors of Super Hero Barbie Dolls and fans of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ( they mentally impose nine tails on ALL the wolfies).

Edam flavored Cheetos comes as standard.
    Of course, along with a complimentary 3 wolf moon t-shirt.​​
    Guys we should really copyright all this before Cryptic steals our ideas. Knowing them loons this does actually sound like something they would do.
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    summon walnut :- summons a walnut for 10 seconds r2 and r3 12 and 14 seconds respectively
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Summon Waifu: You summon your waifu and snuggle with her and everybody else can go to hell you don't care if Eido is wiping the raid.
    r2 - summon 2 waifus.
    r3 - summon 4 waifus.

Advantage: Your waifu is **** - all nearby waifus belonging to other players are unsummoned when you summon yours.
    Advantage: Maid Waifu - your waifus are maids which equips them with giant gattling guns with rocket launchers mounted to them, gives them the ability to teleport, and allows them to heal you by serving you tea and cake.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    - Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog : summons the infamous rabbit with "nasty, big, pointy teeth" to attack your foes. The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog is flagged as Invulnerable and will remain active for 24 hours. Each seconds, there is a 80% chance that the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog will go berserk and attack you or other players instead, dealing insta-kill biting damages. Minimal aggro range is totally ignored, and the rabbit will actively chase any player on a world map.

- R2 : the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog now gains the ability to use the Jet at Renaissance Center to transport himself instantly to any map of the game, where he will continue wreaking havoc among NPCs and players alike.

- R3 : the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog now gains the ability to teleport into private instances such as interior mission maps, adventure packs, comic book series, ongoing alerts and lairs, and player hideouts, to continue spreading death and desolation.

-Advantage "Rocket-powered" : the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog gains a jetpack and can now attack players who are using their travel powers.

- Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch : only known way to get rid of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Can be traded at the Recognition Center for 1000 Gold Champion Recognitions. 1/1 charge.
    Post edited by ashstorm1 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    spinnytop said:

Summon Waifu: You summon your waifu and snuggle with her and everybody else can go to hell you don't care if Eido is wiping the raid.

I would laugh but...this has actually happened.

I summon my rank 3 walnut for 14 seconds and wonder why as the dread rabbit approaches
  • maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    spinnytop said:

r2 - summon 2 waifus.

"A man like me can't be tied down to one imaginary woman."

I summon my rank 3 walnut for 14 seconds and wonder why as a dead rabbit approaches

Much better.

wait what ? ohh if its on the internet it must be true ,haha
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Leecher
    Offensive passive
    You are completely incapable of dealing any damage or providing and healing.
    No matter what you do you will always apear to be standing at the starting point of any zone you enter to all other players.
    When someone sends you a whisper you simply never receive it, additionaly you are chat disabled.
    Upon loading into any main zone you will be automatically qued for every alert and automatically join the first one that pops.
    All allies within 100ft of your actual possition have their damage reduced by 80%.
    All enemies within 100ft of your actual possition have their damage and damage resistance increased by 300%.

Advatage: "I'm helping" - your actual location is now visible and your energy builder will autofire at any non-aggroed mobs nearby redirecting threat to a random other party member.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited January 2017

this wouldnt be so funny except i have a male freind who collects my little pony and sailor moon items and they are on shelves in the main house. the other people also collect anime items

no, none of them have beards.
    ----
    Capslock commander.... with the problems I have hitting the caps instead of A, i would be handing out an awful lot of buffs​​

edited January 2017
    Damn I haven't eaten yet (Passive)- unless you can prove to your computer that you have eaten food, NOT consisting of caffeine or sugar... you know that horrible healthy stuff.
    Any time you hit a power, a random one you have will activate.
    --
    Buff it to hell (passive)
    you get +1000 get +1000% damage reduction.
    You get 100%dodge/200% avoid-Yes it gives you bonus hits pts equal to the damage.
    ALL your damage is increased by 10000% and counts as penetrating
    Each rank gives you 8 stacks of every form buff

Hey I didn't say WHY this was a bad power idea.​​
    Post edited by chaelk on

MC Hammer Slide – Travel Power

You can only strafe left and right, but you look so cool.

Can't Touch This: You gain a bonus to dodge.

Moonwalk – Travel Power

You can only move backwards, but again, so cool.

You're not Alone: You gain two backup dancers.
    maatmons wrote: »
    MC Hammer Slide – Travel Power

You can only strafe left and right, but you look so cool.

Can't Touch This: You gain a bonus to dodge.

Moonwalk – Travel Power

You can only move backwards, but again, so cool.

You're not Alone: You gain two backup dancers.

BZZZT - sorry I can see people paying for those​​

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Incendiary Rounds - Fire high damage 100-foot projectiles with a large blast radius and superior threat generation, thanks to innate traits as well as high damage. Now in a player-usable form with 3 ranks!

Frame-perfect punch - Click melee PBAoE with an activation time of 0 seconds, dps is entirely dependent on how fast you can mash a button.

Final Blade Buster - Tier 1 ability of Dual Blades, where you leap 80 feet into the air and come crashing down on your foe with your blades in a whirling frenzy. This ability does low damage, stuns the target, and can inflict trauma with its advantage.

Hardmode - Use on an enemy to boost their attack power and movement speed by 200%, restore all their health, and make them grant double XP. This ability works on cosmics and legendaries.

Homing Rocket Launcher - Deals high damage at a low cost, via proxy of a spawned homing missile pet (similar to the ones anti-air turrets use). The missile always goes for your current target. Sometimes. It's a bug we're ironing out. We're not accountable if it hits the Qwyjibo heart over there for some reason.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    Incendiary Rounds - Fire high damage 100-foot projectiles with a large blast radius and superior threat generation, thanks to innate traits as well as high damage. Now in a player-usable form with 3 ranks!
    However (in keeping with the thrust of the thread), unlike most such powers, the explosive radius applies to allies and yourself as well as enemies. You damaged Qwijibo! You also damaged the hearts, the rest of the raiding party, and yourself...​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited January 2017
    Self implosion
    Instantly deals 80,000(base) damage to self. This damage ignores all resistance, cannot be blocked, dodged, or absorbed, and bypasses all shields. Everything within 100ft is pulled to you, allies included. After 10 seconds deals 40,000(base) damage to all allies affected by this power and knocks them back 150ft.
    jniKqKJ.png
    Oops my bad:
    form
    Gives you +20% per stack to melee and ranged damage.
    However, your targeting is now off(even more than the normal ignoring of targeting settings and Gigabolts- 90 degrees to the side )
    Instead of hitting who you have targeted, it will hit the worst possible target for the person/group.
    whoever will aggro the most unwanted mobs, heal the Boss, wipe the team, etc
    Disads: 0pt- No I think that pretty much covers it.​​

• eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    raighn said:

Self implosion

Instantly deals 80,000(base) damage to self. This damage ignores all resistance, cannot be blocked, dodged, or absorbed, and bypasses all shields. Everything within 100ft is pulled to you, allies included. After 10 seconds deals 40,000(base) damage to all allies affected by this power and knocks them back 150ft.

Advantage: Random Fury! Randomly converts a button on your powers tray (may be an attack, block, or travel power) to "death button", immediately setting off Self Implosion whether you want it or not.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hair Ball travel power, your character coughs up a hair ball and then rolls around the map in it, leaving a slimey trail.

Fantastic Foreskin block power, envelope yourself in the fleshy warmth of this protective veil.

Ignorance Is Bliss block, close your eyes, cover your ears, it can't hurt you if you don't know it's there.

Climate Change, every elemental power on steroids all at once, unless enemies have Ignorance is Bliss, then nothing happens.

Crown of Trump, instant silly comb over that's going to be the best, the best thing, this thing we are doing.

Build a Wall, an active defensive power that siphons Zen from other players to pay for it, does not work against tunneling.

American Way, sit still, do nothing but consume resources, grow larger until your heart explodes.

Gender Bender Active Offense. Defeat your enemies by sharing your inner turmoil as your character's outward gender appearance randomly changes with each attack. This could also be a social power, where your gender changes randomly with every line of text in the chat window.

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

Hair Ball travel power, your character coughs up a hair ball and then rolls around the map in it, leaving a slimey trail.

Fantastic Foreskin block power, envelope yourself in the fleshy warmth of this protective veil.

Ignorance Is Bliss block, close your eyes, cover your ears, it can't hurt you if you don't know it's there.

Climate Change, every elemental power on steroids all at once, unless enemies have Ignorance is Bliss, then nothing happens.

Crown of Trump, instant silly comb over that's going to be the best, the best thing, this thing we are doing.

Build a Wall, an active defensive power that siphons Zen from other players to pay for it, does not work against tunneling.

American Way, sit still, do nothing but consume resources, grow larger until your heart explodes.

Gender Bender Active Offense. Defeat your enemies by sharing your inner turmoil as your character's outward gender appearance randomly changes with each attack. This could also be a social power, where your gender changes randomly with every line of text in the chat window.

here, I found you an avatar for your profile O.o

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited January 2017
    Partisan Zealotry
    Energy Unlock
    Every time someone says something that does not line up exactly with the beliefs of your side, you gain energy. The energy gain scales with Ego. This energy may only be spent on distorting facts, ignoring facts, repeating what you've been told your beliefs are, or anything from the Tantrum framework.

Note: Oddly enough this power itself is bipartisan and may be used by members of either group.
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop said:

Partisan Zealotry
    Energy Unlock
    Every time someone says something that does not line up exactly with the beliefs of your side, you gain energy. The energy gain scales with Ego. This energy may only be spent on distorting facts, ignoring facts, repeating what you've been told your beliefs are, or anything from the Tantrum framework.

Note: Oddly enough this power itself is bipartisan and may be used by members of either group.

oh my gosh, you just suggested an attorney Arch-Type.... :o

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Laser Pointer

This power does no damage. However, when activated, any felinoid character nearby, particularly catgirls and other such furries, instantly ceases any current combat and instead aggroes on the spot the Laser Pointer is aimed at.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited January 2017
    *immediately tries to pounce on jon's comment... bumps face on monitor...ends up in hilarious dumb cat montage on youtube*
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    jonsills said:

Laser Pointer

This power does no damage. However, when activated, any felinoid character nearby, particularly catgirls and other such furries, instantly ceases any current combat and instead aggroes on the spot the Laser Pointer is aimed at.​​

After seeing my parents' cat go after my brother's laser pointer, that is hilarious.

Of course, the walnut would work too; that cat once found out a pecan could roll, and she went bonkers.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Collateral Damage
    Non-Slotted Passive

- Adds a chance to all attacks to strike friendly NPC's and Civilians in the area. Chances increase the more you use your powers.
    - If a friendly NPC or Civilian is hurt, or killed, adds a stack of Public Outrage debuff. Public Outrage can stack 5 times, removes a star with each stack, and reduces XP and Resources earned with each stack. Last 30 mins. Cannot be removed. No new stars can be earned or purchased while a stack of Public Outrage is active.
    - At 5 stacks of Public Outrage, Pariah debuff is added. Lasts 5 hours. Pariah flags you as a villain with open PVP. All hero NPC's will attack you on sight. Cannot be removed. Pariah prevents XP and Resources from being earned, and prevents any Stars from being obtained.
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Have a Cookie
    Single Target Ranged Power

You throw a cookie at an enemy, applying Gluttony but fully healing the target. Interrupts all actions for 0.5 seconds whilst they eat the cookie. Each cookie thrown refreshes and applies a new stack of Gluttony. Upon reaching 10 stacks of Gluttony, your target receives the Overfed debuff, massively increasing their character width and reducing their speed by 200%, then forcing them to rush to the nearest toilet and have a power nap before continuing the fight.

Target will also insta-die if they begin swimming.
  • End Him Rightly
    Single Target Ranged Power, Single Blade, 5 second activation

You unscrew your pommel and throw it at the enemy for 1 damage. Onlookers become confused, but you know better. Your character is then held for 10 seconds while you explain that it was in a medieval fighting manual, and must therefore be an effective tactic.
    edited February 2017
    I Meant To Do That!
    Hybrid Passive

Everytime you use an ability there is a 99.99999999% chance that it will do the opposite of the intended effect with a +500% modifier and a 0.000000001% chance that it will do exactly what you wanted with a +1% modifier.

Advantage - What Can I Say? I'm Just That Good!
    Increase modifiers by +500% but you now aggro every enemy within 150ft by simply being there.

Did I Do That?
    10000ft sphere PBAoE

Deals 1 damage to everything in the area and teleports all targets to within 50ft of your current position. For the next 5 minutes all affected npcs will attack any and all players in the area until all players are dead and heal 2000% health per second and take 99% reduced damage, no targets may move more than 150ft from your current location until this effect ends. For 2 seconds after activation all affected targets are stunned and you take on the apperance of a suspenders wearing poindexter and say "Did I do that?"
    This ability is unaffected by I Meant To Do That.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

r2 - summon 2 waifus.
    r3 - summon 4 waifus.

Advantage: Your waifu is **** - all nearby waifus belonging to other players are unsummoned when you summon yours.
    Advantage: Maid Waifu - your waifus are maids which equips them with giant gattling guns with rocket launchers mounted to them, gives them the ability to teleport, and allows them to heal you by serving you tea and cake.

...can one have more than 1 waifu? I thought that wasn't how it worked.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Of course you can. Waifu harem.

Yes Anime has been teaching us this for years . . .
    Buff Buff- aura passive,
    provides you with a buff to damage, healing, defence, in fact everything except dodge and avoid. The reason being because it also removes the clothes of anyone affected by it and immediately reports the character with screenshot.
    Disad: Butt... butt- your ... you grow to max size in that area and immediately stun anyone within 20ft of you when turning.
    Stuns everyone else in LOS because of the view.​​

• spinnytop said:

Of course you can. Waifu harem.

A waifu is, by definition, a singular love that you devote yourself to among all else.

The heart of an otaku cannot have two masters.

A waifu is, by definition, a singular love

Not according to Wiktionary and YourDictionary.com.

But, anyway, why are you trying to to get all grammar-lawyer-y just to disrupt other peoples' pretend happiness? That's like saying “Marriage is a union between a man and a woman, so all futanari are already married to themselves, and the wedding scene from your self-insert fanfiction has to go.”
    Waifu sounds like an infomercial dusting mop..

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Sham Waifu?

Get an extra set of Sham Waifus if you call now, cause we can't do this all day.