test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how would you improve the game?

let's say we could choose how to improve the game, there would be restrictions though, it can be huge stuff like creatingn a whole new area with a new map and a completely new storyline and lots of new quests. we know that's well beyond the team's capabilities for now.

this is more of an exercice of creativity and to see what others consider important and could help the game, this topic is NOT about bashing the game. so please stay respectful of other's ideas and the game itself.

for me, I would make some additions. make so each main area, has a clear main quest, and leave the rest as sidequests. the main quest would gety improved visuals, with some cinematics and comic like panel images (like the ones we had in the intro and in whiteout). make the main quest of each zone so we have to travel around to pick the other quests as we follow it. and make it have an intereting storyline. also make it solo friendly. so we can solo the final boss of each area without having to wait t get help from others.

another idea would be to start making adventure packs and comic series again. if there are no means to actually create new maps from scratch, we could aim for a little lower, like using existing maps with changes. for example we could first start by getting a street level hero storyline, and use parts of westside and MC, but editing them to make them look, at night, and probably dirtier or grittier. also make a good compelling storyline, CO has lots of people interested in it and not only power balance and numbers and l00t. try to have adventure packs for different kinds of heroes, street level, cosmic level, supernatural kind, etc... give variety.
Also, I don't know what others think, but I woulf gladly pay for these new aventure packs/comic series.

And I would try to add more lore to the world and make it more immersive, grant access to quest only places after accesing them the first time, even without enemies. add more stuff and story to what we see in each map, they're losing great oportyunities to keep telling stories in it.

what would YOU add to help the game improve?
natesig.jpg

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I would go back to what made this game great to begin with, emphasis on creating.

+ I would add more variety to nemesis
    (Freeform, custom minions)

+ Make the zone desirable by adding dailies that require you to seek out contacts in other zones.

+ revamp the Crime Computer and contacts
    (Too many hidden missions that aren't even on a mission arc)

+ Add an expansion story to the Nemesis system with sidekicks

+ Revisit the space station

+ add more lore

+ a new city zone
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    new zone dailies and revamping the crime computer are both good ideas and dno't require too many resources. I'd love to add a new city zone but I think it's way beyond the team's capabilities.
    natesig.jpg

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    One thing I would enjoy is a system like the Save a Citizen but have it more like the Spider-Man or Assassin Creed games. Where you see crimes happening and you can stop them if you like.... but none of that annoying NPC stuff where they want you to go in some basement
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    1) vastly reduce mobs access to things like holds and knocks
    2) fix the targeting system.
    3) remove most destructible objects from the game, or at least remove them from around contacts.
    4) fix the zen store, almost everything is over priced. Getting people hooked on building characters is the key to success and so I'd do make getting a new character slot plus a costume set to $10. People wouldn't even think about buying characters at that price.
    5) make cut scenes skip able, if you need them to do things behind the scenes then make them skip able after a certain amount of time.
    6) More missions that don't require killing every MoFo to complete. Missions that have quasi stealth options would be a nice change from the usual kill and destroy missions.
    7) Nemesis missions could be more personalized, more options.
    8) Expantion of the Alert system, more Burst alerts, more locations.
    9) expand UNITY, with the price hikes to Silver gear and the reduction of rewards from UNITY missions they've effectively gone from the game.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    -Customizable sidekicks
    -Playable nemeses(with normal HP/power, none of that boss-level Onslaught Villain crap)
    -VERTICAL TORSO SLIDERS AND NECK SLIDERS
    -Super Group bases and contribution system ala STO's fleet starbases
    -Water & plant powersets
    -Midriff costumes
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Update and add to the Nemesis system.

I know, I know--it's spaghetti code.

Instead, create Nemesis: The Sequel. After completing one Nemesis set of missions, simply start a new chain of missions, written with new code.

Also, update Nemesis power frameworks to match all that heroes have.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    - Add more lighting to indoor missions

- Add the Leave Map button to the completion of every instanced mission
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Add Oublie to the OV list. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Make some new western comic-book superhero oriented costumes pieces/sets, preferably in the Z store.

Improve the nemesis system. It was a big selling point when this game was introduced and could be again if some work was ever done to it.

Waist (not the hip ones that we have) sliders for female toons.

Partial masks that we can use face details with as well as more domino masks.

Shield and Plant Control Powersets..... and maybe Spear/Polearms/Staffs seeing as this is a wishlist :p

Customisable SG bases.

Introduce the Star*Guard to CO with new missions starting from the space station and powers that can emanate from weapons.

Newer alternative mission arcs on the whole.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    • More epic lairs
    • More warzones
    • Epic comic series
    • Additional mechanics added to all mobs lvl 11+
    • More powers/advantages added to all powersets to make them more versatile
    • More boss encounters like Gravitar that reward personal skill rather than trinity composition
    • As an addendum to "more warzones" - more soloable content for endgame rewards
    • More furry costume heads, body textures, and tails
    • More anime stuff in general
    • Revised PvEvP version of Onslaught content
    • More missions in current leveling zones
    • Supergroup hideouts with progression-style customisation that includes cosmetic options and various daily buffs
    • Storing Questionite in hideouts
    • Forcing bumburger to use costumes that don't hurt my brain.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Me: steal all the devs from sto and NW

here's the previous list I collected.

according to various people the game would be great if;
    it had more adult missions- MA instead of T
    it had more RP zones,
    all missions were skull level
    -had a choice of recog/resources/gear for rewards
    - had 5 times(or maybe 10) the resource rewards
    - all missions were repeatable at 40 for large resource reward.
    all drops taken out of the game were put back
    the crafting system(which people kept saying only gave crap) was put back
    -the items made by the old crafting system were put in as random drops
    a Foundry was put in;
    -people were able to assign rewards to those missions
    -people were able to make hordes of the things missions(farm)

PVE
    -we get more adventure packs with 'suitable rewards'
    -we got new zones
    -we got new power sets regularly
    -we got new story arcs
    - we got a villain side
    - SCR/GCR was rewards for level 40+ missions.
    -Get rid of spec trees
    - make all powers what they were originally
    - bump up all the low powers instead of lowering the one high power
    - have lots of end game gear grind(well that person is getting their wish)
    - not have a load of end game grind
    - have a mixed assortment of endgame activities
    - players be able to have 2 passives active at once
    - All mobs should have better AI's(ok that ones valid, they are pretty stupid)

PVP
    -we had open world PVP including inside buildings.
    -SCR for taking part
    -rampage tokens for taking part
    -Q for taking part
    -items in the SCR store were buyable with acclaim.

Lockboxes
    - were removed
    - were put back in the zen store as grab bags
    - items were direct purchase from zen store
    - keys dropped ingame
    - Gold got to open lockboxes for free(from several DCUO players. those lockboxes are different)

Silver;
    -had pet skins
    -power colours
    -free retcon at 40
    -free slot at 40(yes someone has asked for that)
    -All AT's should be free

FF slots be changed to 2500, 1500, 1000, 300 zen (yes 300 and then he might save up for it)

Vehicles;
    -be removed totally
    - to be made a lot cheaper
    - to be customisable(a vehicle tailor)
    -have better weapons

Pets;
    -have better defences
    -have better attacks
    -have better Ai's(so they don't just stand there)
    - stay out all the time
    -can hold aggro
    -can make your characters into sidekicks, so you can have a group of 5 of your characters.
    - had a lot lower energy costs

All costume sets to be 500zen or less

Be able to make mod programs (last few lines on the post: so if anyone wanted to run with infinite questionite they could)

Nemesis
    - you could have an organisation as a Nemesis
    - you could use someone else's nemesis(you can, just copy it)
    - you could design nemesis missions(that one actually sounded ok)​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Well I would change the music but then I think I've already told you that somewhere else :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    hah, I'd change some of the music too XD
    great to see so many ideas. I hope/wish they devs take some notes on how to improve things, specially those ideas that don't require a lot of time and work.
    natesig.jpg

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Remove ATs from the game and never speak of them again. Every premium AT someone purchased is now a new FF slot. For anyone that thinks making FFs is too hard, tough ****. If PoE can have their incredible build customization and be as new player unfriendly as it is while still growing the game like crazy, people in CO can learn to read the forums. Make FF slots significantly cheaper ($10-$20). Remove the traditional extra slot in the cash shop as ATs no longer exist. Raise the starter number of slots from 2 to 6. Make tailor and build customization the #1 focus of CO.

Use the Ravenwood Academy's VR sim to have maps to run. Kind of like Diablo 3's Rifts or Path of Exile's Maps, except it wouldn't be about killing all the things. We basically already have that with alerts. It would be a place for one-off mini story quests. Longer than a grab, but far shorter than APs/CSs. It could even be a place to re-live parts of previous quests, but maybe fleshed out or updated a bit to be more story slanted. No this doesn't mean cutscenes. I still think they all should just be removed from the game.

Far Harbor had a small murder mystery quest. No combat even. Well, you could choose to not go around and kill things anyway. We could say it's a way to test a hero's detective skills. It's more work than a typical alert, but no where near as much as an AP/CS. Or a map style like you see in Tomb Raider Go. It's more about getting through the map and around the traps than combat. Plus, there is a bonus for finding all of the hidden crap in a chapter. The puzzles kind of get annoying later on though. Most of that has to do with how you move Lara on the map, so shouldn't be an issue in CO.

Being a VR sim means being able to go hog wild with settings. Classic noir settings? Fury of the Dragon assets? Space missions? Cowboys? Prehistoric? Victoria setting that was never finished? All of those places could be done. Hell, the Champs lore could be used for some of the mini-stories.

In fact, all mobs could be skullified and the VR system could magically be an alternate leveling route. There could even be a daily associated with it. Run 5 maps for some bonus Q, recognition, globals, or XP.

This idea would need a great story teller and presenting dialog in a significantly more appealing way. I.E. UI updates for quests and dialog. Reading text in a classic JRPG is far more visually appealing than a typical MMO. One or two sentences of larger text at a time will actually be read, while a paragraph+ of small text will be skipped. Even the new Shadowrun games are better at presenting dialog. Part of that is having better writing than even AAA games tend to have.

Speaking of UI, it needs a massive face-lift. Slim it down. Let people remove the damn portrait frames. Bring back and enhance the raid frame. It's sad that there are better user made UIs for WoW than what we have in CO.

Adding more maps to the basic alerts would be nice too.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    these ideas are all awesome and I love them. I think many are way beyond what they can actually do though...
    natesig.jpg

sterga said:

Use the Ravenwood Academy's VR sim to have maps to run. Kind of like Diablo 3's Rifts or Path of Exile's Maps, except it wouldn't be about killing all the things. We basically already have that with alerts. It would be a place for one-off mini story quests. Longer than a grab, but far shorter than APs/CSs. It could even be a place to re-live parts of previous quests, but maybe fleshed out or updated a bit to be more story slanted. No this doesn't mean cutscenes. I still think they all should just be removed from the game.

Far Harbor had a small murder mystery quest. No combat even. Well, you could choose to not go around and kill things anyway. We could say it's a way to test a hero's detective skills. It's more work than a typical alert, but no where near as much as an AP/CS. Or a map style like you see in Tomb Raider Go. It's more about getting through the map and around the traps than combat. Plus, there is a bonus for finding all of the hidden crap in a chapter. The puzzles kind of get annoying later on though. Most of that has to do with how you move Lara on the map, so shouldn't be an issue in CO.

Being a VR sim means being able to go hog wild with settings. Classic noir settings? Fury of the Dragon assets? Space missions? Cowboys? Prehistoric? Victoria setting that was never finished? All of those places could be done. Hell, the Champs lore could be used for some of the mini-stories.

In fact, all mobs could be skullified and the VR system could magically be an alternate leveling route. There could even be a daily associated with it. Run 5 maps for some bonus Q, recognition, globals, or XP.

Love it, brilliant idea that could explore different sub-genres. I could see this being really popular.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • shaun98ca2shaun98ca2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I like the idea of 2 passives but that would be horridly unbalanced. One combo immediately comes to mind.

Any defensive other than PFF + Aura of Radiant Protection.

Using 2 defensives at once would have to be never allowed.

Plus this sorta thing dilutes diversity.

Personally while new powersets to choose from would be nice, I would probably add more power to choose from within each powerset to allow for a little more diversity. Then add more advantages to the individual powers themselves other than the simple rank 1 and rank 2, while removing rank 1 and rank 2 options to allow more personalizing.

The story arcs in the game might actually be interesting if they weren't just walls of text. Had to tell what's pivotal and what's kill 100 rats.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    For anyone that thinks making FFs is too hard, tough ****. If PoE can have their incredible build customization and be as new player unfriendly as it is while still growing the game like crazy, people in CO can learn to read the forums.
    For a new player, a silver player, having FF access can be somewhat discouraging. I can still remember what it was like for me, as I'd make mistakes in my builds. When I saw the total cost required to undo those mistakes via respec, it was enough to make me consider walking away from the game at least a few times. While I may still be around in spite of that, not everyone has my stubbornness and tenacity. The FF learning curve for new players is extremely punishing right now, especially since silvers don't get any free respecs.

Now I fully support trashing ATs (or at least leaving them in as build templates) and opening FF for everyone, but before that becomes reasonable, something has to be done about the respec system:
    • Set the "power undo list" on fire, pee on the ashes, then shovel what's left into a rocket and launch it into the heart of a supermassive black hole. Allow players to instead swap out only the powers they want to get rid of without having to also remove powers they want to keep on the way.
    • Link advantages to their associated powers in such a way that removing a power automatically removes associated advantages as well.
    • Slash the costs associated with respecs by as much as 90%. Seriously.

As a bonus, remove Rank 2/Rank 3 from all powers. All powers are now Rank 3 by default, except perhaps stacking self-buff forms, which nearly everyone leaves at Rank 1. This makes abilities look more impressive and makes them more effective at low levels. It may require giving players fewer advantages points though, which is fine since it makes advantages points seem more meaningful.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    If PoE can have their incredible build customization and be as new player unfriendly as it is while still growing the game like crazy, people in CO can learn to read the forums.

Free time machine in order to read the forums five years ago, too. You'll find little to guide you through character building around here these days, post-nerf hammer.

ATs need to be modernised so that they fit they template of what a reasonable build should be today, that's all - the lower number of powers, lack of role switching and sub-optimal specialisation choices will keep FFs on their perch.

Ignore experienced high-end players and their views on anything except content intended exclusively for high-end experienced players.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    I wouldn't get rid of ATs tbh, they are a nice way to introduce you to building, and having an actual learning curve for the sets
    now what I would like to see is the free ATs rotation, where you could like explore with a lvl 40 everything an AT could offer, just plugging in some heirloom here and there and voalá
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    sterga said:

For anyone that thinks making FFs is too hard, tough ****. If PoE can have their incredible build customization and be as new player unfriendly as it is while still growing the game like crazy, people in CO can learn to read the forums.

Or even just read the power descriptions and do a little experimenting. Some people might even say that's a whole fun of its own.
    spinnytop said:

sterga said:

Or even just read the power descriptions and do a little experimenting. Some people might even say that's a whole fun of its own.
    This is true, if anything a tour of the powerhouse would go a long way.....make it apart of the introduction quest to the powerhouse to see the training room and stuff so you realize you can try out your powers before you commit.
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Posts: 79 Arc User
    Was going to start a new thread but saw this, so here we go.

I have talked to many a person on this game ranging from experienced to new person. Some are pleased with new additions, some are not. That is expected with anything. But all who I haved talked to agree on one common thing.

We want missions.

Now some will say we got that with new zone and yes there is, but let me be very specific on my description.

1) Non Alert attached (see Nighthawk event)
    2) Non PvP attached
    3) Non Cosmic/ Epic setting (See Telios Ascendant)
    4) Non Open area that requires 50 player cap on zones (see cosmics and special events)
    5) Non Rampage attached (see Vigilance)
    6) Not needing to do things some people hate to get the great gear ( see Rampages for Justice and Onslaught for Onslaught gear)
    7) Can do alone or a team
    8) Has a plot/storyline

Now why would I ask for mundane missions? It's simple.

1) It attracts new players as well as casual players who dont have the time and/or the patience to grind and grind and grind.
    2) Lately especially during cosmics i seen admitted new people confessing to have no clue what to do be reported for screwing up the cosmic run. This doenst build up community feeling nor game participation
    3) Some play for the story and once Vibora Bay (if going per level building) is over their fun is done.
    4) For the ones with all the gear and all the toys, a nice break so the reform of cosmics etc happen.
    5) Can link other stories together either finishing or linking possible situations

This doesn't have to be limited to regualr missions. New adventure packs would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know this takes time to make the plot, set up the field and so forth. If I may, I have what seems to be a popular suggestion.

We all know the mysterious benefactor in Whiteout is Mechanon, We also know the Steel Crusade. Have Steel Crusade be the start of the secondary protocal (see ending of Whiteout) Beginning plot,: Mechanon tested the virus and goes to Canada to break out the captured alein. His soul purpose is to infect the alien. The virus mutates and takes the heroes on a mission to stop the alien and the mutated virus.

Now if that is acceptable:
    :
    1) add an epic/ cosmic setting to difficulty meter therefore the ones with all the toys are happy.
    2) Have it bounce in zones to continue therefore those who been stuck in Ren Cen powerleveling with alerts experience the game
    3 ) have it end with the final battle needing to go to space station
    4) In space add vehicles needed.. A nice change of pace.
    5) Have it so must do Whiteout AND Steel Crusade to get to new adventure pack. Perfect continuity setup ergo a full storyline/plot.

Thas is jut an example.

People who know the Champions lore would love a furthering and additions to it. Grinders get new thing do , Rp'ers can act out the mission. New and casual players can have soimething they can do without mutlideath and/or feeling of harrassment or pressure to do something they can't or won't do. the only area would be if people like the story or not. Again I quote the old adage, You can't please all the people all the time.

I would love to see other opinions on this. Hopefully positive and if negative please be respectful. I put a lot of effort to add all kinds of players on why it would be good.
    Well I personally want the current story lines to be more meaning full...IE remove the wall of text and add some actual spoken dialog explaining what is going on and why I'm fighting certain supervillains.

I want better story telling in general.......Star Wars Online comes to mind.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Well I personally want the current story lines to be more meaning full...IE remove the wall of text and add some actual spoken dialog explaining what is going on and why I'm fighting certain supervillains.

I believe you mean SWTOR, Star Wars the Old Republic. But lets get serious cryptic will never be capable of bioware quality storytelling.

oh god, I hope not. I couldn't stand 'Cutscenes Online.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    They did the Adventure Packs, though, and those have all the flavour of old school tabletop gaming... just with irritating mechanics.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    CO is a game about customization. ATs are the exact opposite of that. Having both FFs and ATs still causes issues. Plus, you have two totally different types of players to try and cater to. If someone wants to be a premade hero, there are already superhero MMOs to fulfill that. If all anyone wants to do is play dress up doll, you don't need to play the game very much to get to level 6 and throw your wallet at the cash shop for costumes. Hell, you don't even need to do that as you can make costumes with anything in the cash shop, you just can't wear it out on the town.

I don't think some of you understand my comparison to PoE. It's a game that has so much going against it and succeeded anyway. Build complexity and minimum knowledge level of that game make CO look like amateur hour. Respecing a character in PoE basically means delete and re-roll because full respecs are not even remotely feasible. Not having ATs by itself does not hurt a game's popularity. Terrible business decisions, lack of vision, and failing to make coherent plans are what hurt CO.

Dumping ATs is about giving CO proper focus to be that game about customization instead of trying to be everyone's BFF. It has nothing to do with who is or isn't a vet player.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User

IMHO, CO doesn't work with that "overarching storylines" that fantasy/scifi MMOs have. It really doesn't need to have one forced into it. It should be more of a sandbox where stuff happens simply because it's a superhero universe. And heck, people complain that uncontrolled cut scenes like in Rampage: Lemurian Invasion or Forum Malvanum should be skippable. Having the SWTOR style "have enough time to make a sandwich" scenes here that you can't skip will have people groaning to no end.

Ignore experienced high-end players and their views on anything except content intended exclusively for high-end experienced players.

Uh, what??? O_o
    New GM.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited January 2017

Was going to start a new thread but saw this, so here we go.

I have talked to many a person on this game ranging from experienced to new person. Some are pleased with new additions, some are not. That is expected with anything. But all who I haved talked to agree on one common thing.

We want missions.

Now some will say we got that with new zone and yes there is, but let me be very specific on my description.

1) Non Alert attached (see Nighthawk event)
    2) Non PvP attached
    3) Non Cosmic/ Epic setting (See Telios Ascendant)
    4) Non Open area that requires 50 player cap on zones (see cosmics and special events)
    5) Non Rampage attached (see Vigilance)
    6) Not needing to do things some people hate to get the great gear ( see Rampages for Justice and Onslaught for Onslaught gear)
    7) Can do alone or a team
    8) Has a plot/storyline

Now why would I ask for mundane missions? It's simple.

1) It attracts new players as well as casual players who dont have the time and/or the patience to grind and grind and grind.
    2) Lately especially during cosmics i seen admitted new people confessing to have no clue what to do be reported for screwing up the cosmic run. This doenst build up community feeling nor game participation
    3) Some play for the story and once Vibora Bay (if going per level building) is over their fun is done.
    4) For the ones with all the gear and all the toys, a nice break so the reform of cosmics etc happen.
    5) Can link other stories together either finishing or linking possible situations

This doesn't have to be limited to regualr missions. New adventure packs would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know this takes time to make the plot, set up the field and so forth. If I may, I have what seems to be a popular suggestion.

We all know the mysterious benefactor in Whiteout is Mechanon, We also know the Steel Crusade. Have Steel Crusade be the start of the secondary protocal (see ending of Whiteout) Beginning plot,: Mechanon tested the virus and goes to Canada to break out the captured alein. His soul purpose is to infect the alien. The virus mutates and takes the heroes on a mission to stop the alien and the mutated virus.

Now if that is acceptable:
    :
    1) add an epic/ cosmic setting to difficulty meter therefore the ones with all the toys are happy.
    2) Have it bounce in zones to continue therefore those who been stuck in Ren Cen powerleveling with alerts experience the game
    3 ) have it end with the final battle needing to go to space station
    4) In space add vehicles needed.. A nice change of pace.
    5) Have it so must do Whiteout AND Steel Crusade to get to new adventure pack. Perfect continuity setup ergo a full storyline/plot.

Thas is jut an example.

People who know the Champions lore would love a furthering and additions to it. Grinders get new thing do , Rp'ers can act out the mission. New and casual players can have soimething they can do without mutlideath and/or feeling of harrassment or pressure to do something they can't or won't do. the only area would be if people like the story or not. Again I quote the old adage, You can't please all the people all the time.

I would love to see other opinions on this. Hopefully positive and if negative please be respectful. I put a lot of effort to add all kinds of players on why it would be good.

OK I need to read through this a few more times to get the proper understanding ( down to my poor english reading ) But what I understood I like.

*ok read that three times through edit* If the space section played like Starfox id play the f(*& out of that O_O

edited January 2017
    They're referring to the current trend of catering to a tiny minority of the games population who want CO to be a class based raid MMO.

There's a place for that in the game, for sure. But it's not the only thing. And that would be the thing I would want most from CO in the future - pitching things at all the various ways people want to play the game. Solo and team content, events with two Tier reward systems so that casual players get some stuff and a chance of a rare drop, but people who play the events to death get the bigger rewards. There's a sense of fairness which has gone out of the game of late - things like lockbox drops which give +1 skill increase, ffs - and it's turning people away.

But - given all the time in the world - what I would really like is....

1. A "Synergy" view in the Power Window so that when you're building you see which powers link together best; and don't get lost in the maze of which passives work with which, or which debuffs/buffs your form works on, etc, etc.

2. The ability to train for Supervillain/Q zone level battles in the Powerhouse. I hate Level40 retcons caused by dev power changes because I can't try the resulting builds out against anything resembling the actual Endgame. Even firing up a team of 5 tough villains doesn't do it... the end result is an endless cycle of irritating, expensive, tweaking.

3. Ravenswood Academy as a the hub for a "simulation" start up for new toons. Instead of being dumped into Westside you go from levels 6-10 in a series of simple intro missions, similar to the tutorial, that showcase all the zones of the game. A little more focus on training people up and whetting their appetite for the game would go nice.

4. Alternate quest givers at Ravenswood so that no matter what level in the game you are, they always have something for you to do which is immediate and level-appropriate (and which isn't an Alert).

5. Rework Unity and Rampages to give a mid-end game. Make Unity a hero guild. Move it back to Ren Cen, and make membership available at level 35. Put Unity currencies back in the game and make earning them worthwhile. Superheroes join a guild to pool resources and form ad-hoc groups to counter threats, so that's what Unity becomes; members get:

a) a range of Unity devices - premium items like heals, shields, weapons, all of which require Unity currency to use (like the Phoenix's Tear device) and one-shot devices like Backups! for special missions. Unity gear, too - moddable secondaries (distinctive rewards for completing lots of missions are never a bad thing).
    b) the ability to rank up skill levels and device power through oodles of Unity currency
    c) access to a public board of Unity missions - the old Unity 1/Unity 2 missions for solo players (which drop Unity currency and SCR) and "Unity Crisis Response" teams - queueable links to Sky Command/Lemurian Invasion and the current high-level Lairs, Adventure Packs and a "Vigilance" style mission to complete all the Open Missions in the game.

Finally, make Rampages a set of instanced hero team vs Single supervillian smackdowns, removing Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion from the rotation. Not trinity based, not Cosmic level, new in-game villains similar to Gravitar and F&I. Roll out a new one every 3 months over the next year; no-one cares if you re-use scenery so take those great bits of the map which aren't being used, let the Community suggest the characters, costumes and fighting style, leave the complex stuff for the Epic levels, and let the fun begin...

3. Ravenswood Academy as a the hub for a "simulation" start up for new toons. Instead of being dumped into Westside you go from levels 6-10 in a series of simple intro missions, similar to the tutorial, that showcase all the zones of the game. A little more focus on training people up and whetting their appetite for the game would go nice.

You have some great ideas there, I just wanted to highlight this one as it's such a simple yet brilliant one (I suppose as long as it's optional). It would also go well with Sterga's idea.....
    sterga said:

These would add a great new element to the game.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I would make character-bound lockbox content to hit $$$ earnings targets and justify bringing 1 or 2 more developers onto the team so that I could make lots of cool long-term content.
    kamokami said:

I would make character-bound lockbox content to hit $$$ earnings targets and justify bringing 1 or 2 more developers onto the team so that I could make lots of cool long-term content.

OK I will be honest I wanted to shout WTF ARE YOU THINKING! ...but that kinda makes sense ._o"
    edited January 2017
    kamokami said:

photo RT-sean-spicer-cf-170123_16x9_992.png

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I would also look at my active playerbase and see that most of them have lvl 40 toons and see that it doesn't take much playtime to get to 40.

Instead of nerfing the rewards and xp gains, I would look into revamping the endgame so that all those lvl 40s could keep having fun.

In evaluating what endgame content to revamp I would prioritize the content that could support the maximum number of players - open world missions like cosmics - that could support entire zones full of people. I would also do lots of events to bring people back to the game and create incentives for them to participate.

I would have very limited resources so would have to very carefully plan and prioritize what gets my attention and time. I would be unable to work on a lot of the stuff I wanted to even if I knew that it should be better.

I would make tons of changes to powers and game balance because I know the game absolutely needs them to survive. Even though lots of changes would always result in lots of complaints, I would still do it because I could look at my own game's stats and see that in the long run more people are playing due to the changes.

The changes would also enable me to release new content which everyone, myself included, has been wanting.

I would revamp the tailor because it's so important to so many people. And I would even squeeze in time for small quality of life improvements in the UI.

Even though I have way way less resources than the game has had ever before, I would work really hard and release more updates and content than it's seen in years. Because I just love the game that much.

Oh wait..... that's already happened.
    edited January 2017
    kamokami said:

I would also look at my active playerbase and see that most of them have lvl 40 toons and see that it doesn't take much playtime to get to 40.

Instead of nerfing the rewards and xp gains, I would look into revamping the endgame so that all those lvl 40s could keep having fun.

In evaluating what endgame content to revamp I would prioritize the content that could support the maximum number of players - open world missions like cosmics - that could support entire zones full of people. I would also do lots of events to bring people back to the game and create incentives for them to participate.

I would have very limited resources so would have to very carefully plan and prioritize what gets my attention and time. I would be unable to work on a lot of the stuff I wanted to even if I knew that it should be better.

I would make tons of changes to powers and game balance because I know the game absolutely needs them to survive. Even though lots of changes would always result in lots of complaints, I would still do it because I could look at my own game's stats and see that in the long run more people are playing due to the changes.

The changes would also enable me to release new content which everyone, myself included, has been wanting.

I would revamp the tailor because it's so important to so many people. And I would even squeeze in time for small quality of life improvements in the UI.

Even though I have way way less resources than the game has had ever before, I would work really hard and release more updates and content than it's seen in years. Because I just love the game that much.

That was majestic. Truly a work of art.

But one tiny point bosskipz you missed out that you would break Bloodmoon.
    kamokami said:

I'd also like for a levelling revamp. I've always found it confusing, gong back and forth to different areas. why not streamline(is that the term?) the experience by clearly defining the level range areas? or make quests heading to them more clear.
    natesig.jpg

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Add the occasional bullet time effect for a few seconds every x seconds of combat, critical hits or fully charged attacks.
    It would look awesome and add a moment of dramatic emphasis.

We need a destructible environment, the world of Champions Online is static and lifeless. Just add more debris particles like the earth power set but with environmental materials like brick, concrete, metal, glass, or burning/molten debris. to start off. If we blow up a truck , leave some tires and engine parts behind instead of poofing them out of existence. Have costume parts like guns, helmets, gloves or boots blasted off enemies as they perish instead of just flopping to the ground.

Speaking of flopping, give all the enemies a death groan of their very own and vary the sound of their death flop according to their size and the material of their costume.

Give large enemies big footstep sound effects instead of ninja stealth booties.

Include the bank and the auction house in the user interface, turn the buildings in Ren Cen into Onslaught targets or something along those lines,
    Maybe a free for all fight club with a nearby respawn point instead of Mercy Hospital which is a dead dull boring location.

There is no fast access list and/or pages about the archetypes or power sets on the website, everything is buried in a blog post in the news section.

Include some kind of pre-made demo record files that people can easily insert their own characters into that allows everyone to produce something cool, like the intro to a Superhero TV show. Allow access to this feature from the launcher or character select screen.

Move a limited character editor into the web browser, get people's attention and let them RP in a chat window in the browser, get people hooked without a download and installation.

Get into the 3D printed fashion business

oh for current cinematics, I'd love if they also had music to them, it feels really anticlimatic when the big bad is speaking and the music is either not there, or the same music from before. there are more fitting music already in game for those...
    natesig.jpg

oh for current cinematics, I'd love if they also had music to them, it feels really anticlimatic when the big bad is speaking and the music is either not there, or the same music from before. there are more fitting music already in game for those..

Yup. And it's not as if trailer music is expensive to licence, either; I can think of a few companies who would be delighted to have their trailer tracks in a game....
    edited January 2017
    kamokami said:

"These", actually. Might want to point that out as some might misconstrue that only the last improvement you mentioned has happened.

As for the other suggestions some of the others have made so far, one thing I noticed is some are too grandiose. It would be nice to keep things within the means of the current status of CO and the team handling things (the devs, particularly). Sweeping changes/improvements are unlikely, but gradual ones are plausible.

I know progress might come slow, but hey, if "outdated" games like Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, Cabal Online, Maple Story, Ragnarok Online, Tibia (since 1997!) can keep chugging along with updates, I'm sure CO can continue to do so as well.

As for the other suggestions some of the others have made so far, one thing I noticed is some are too grandiose. It would be nice to keep things within the means of the current status of CO and the team handling things (the devs, particularly). Sweeping changes/improvements are unlikely, but gradual ones are plausible.

Ya I really just want them to expand on what they've done so far to pump up the variety and options. Not a very creative position but I like what's there. Kinda like if you got waffles, all you really need is more waffles, you don't want the chef getting creative cause he might end up giving you pancakes and that's gross.
    Not a very creative position but I like what's there. Kinda like if you got waffles, all you really need is more waffles, you don't want the chef getting creative cause he might end up giving you pancakes and that's gross.

Yes, it could end up being a load of crêpes.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Package Size Slider for Men. Oh Yeah. :3

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."