What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes - 01/19/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,163 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2017 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
  • Added Teddy Suit costume set.

Misc
  • Fixed some texture issues where many of the detail maps appeared to be inverted on the animal pack heads. Known bug: The female kitsune head's eyes are currently misplaced, this will be corrected next week.
  • Fixed a bug where you could not ctrl+right click slotted secondary gear from your gear slots.
  • Fixed a bug where Cosmic secondary gear had an invalid message when opening it up to slot a mod.
  • Fixed a bug where Clarence mods could not be slotted in secondary gear.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    a9fc2f46c9d1581ca5655ccb7650922c.gif​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

ZEN Store

• Added Teddy Suit costume set.
    • ​​
    Well, I know some folks that will be happy. :)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,112 Arc User
    Missed opportunity to publish Teddy Suit costume set during Christmas
    Now it feels out of place​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,163 Cryptic Developer
    Early Valentines day? ;p​​
    kaizerin said:

Early Valentines day? ;p​​

You minx! B)<3
  • liquidginger1liquidginger1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    So You guys did nothing. That is so cool.
    edited January 2017
    The Teddy Chest & Arms will make a great fur coat for Eskimos/Yeti warriors, even though all the armour pieces will be hidden under it
    It also has a very adorable Scarf

My only complain, I would like to have Teddy's head fur as a Hairstyle, its so funky :confused:

I hope you like Wookiees, Maybe we'll see Chewbacca​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 170 Arc User
    Yet another animal-themed costume to add to the exceedingly long list
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    I've been loving these updates. I've saved so much Zen because of them. Keep up the good work bear-2.gif​​

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Scare Bears from Rifts... yes our GM hit us with attack teddy bears.
    tights- longer list
    armour- still counting​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    chaelk said:

tights- longer list

armour- still counting​​

Tights..... western, comic-book superhero genre, working as intended.

Still need MOAR tights ;)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    And partial mask (ones that work with facial details) that work with all these pattern and textures
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

And partial mask (ones that work with facial details) that work with all these pattern and textures

Now you're making me drool, Brother rat :p

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

It is less of an animal themed costume and more of a troll oriented costume.

Like this is the kind of costume I would expect people to PvP in if PvP wasn't dead. Or the kind of costume someone waking dogs on kiga on purpose would use.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    HAH! "troll oriented costume"....
    That's a laugh.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited January 2017
    You call the teddy bear suit as animal and troll oriented costumes

I call it Uncanny Valley and Nightmare Fuel costume, but without the charm of a living toy (someone likes 5 nights at frenardo maybe too much it seems) but again the only living toy concept I like are Harlequin dolls

also I have to agree that we are getting too many animal costumes, that is getting ridiculous
    and take it from someone whose roster is 80% anthromorphic animals​​
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    My first thought on viewing was more alone the lines of adult fetishes I'd rather pretend didn't exist... Now a constant reminder in the cash shop.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    chaelk said:

tights- longer list

armour- still counting​​
    It's like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc
    sterga said:

My first thought on viewing was more alone the lines of adult fetishes I'd rather pretend didn't exist... Now a constant reminder in the cash shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XPKWQdBTZM
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xile#3292 xile Posts: 8 Arc User
    -_-
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    So much hate for the poor bear.... BTW I do hate "funny" heroes, but the set has very nice pieces and material options!

edited January 2017
    There is a diffence between funny heroes and complety shitposting in visual form by exploiting the tailor, only to be "LOL RANDOM XD XD XD" and seek to disgust players

For one thing, the costume material in the middle confused me the first time, I though it was some kind of aura
    it took me some time to realize its a material

d04e36a70a50d91adbebf98d5615c7a31484795498.jpg

the first thing which came in my Mind was the Flatwoods monster, but as a water bubble
    FlatwoodsMonster.jpg

ok maybe a little bit of Castform's rain form
    351Castform_Rainy_Form_Dream.png​​
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. I booted up Furries Online, and saw a guy running around with a cape. Like WTF!?
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm.. the teddy bear costume seems a bit off to me. The furry pants are straight in the legs and baggy at the crotch, much like men's slim fit baggy pants that are worn today. I think the pant legs should have been a little wider so the crotch wouldn't look so exaggerated. The torso choices are strange as well; a slim fit and a muffin top fit seem weird to me. I think both options should have been 2 choices of *teddy bear* pudgy. The hands look a little too slim as well; I think they could have been a bit thicker. The head and feet are ok, about what I would expect for a teddy bear costume.
    avianos said:

For one thing, the costume material in the middle confused me the first time, I though it was some kind of aura

it took me some time to realize its a material

d04e36a70a50d91adbebf98d5615c7a31484795498.jpg​​

At first, I too thought that the middle model was showcasing a unique aura that was included in the costume pack.
    Yeah, I kept trying to find some redeeming qualities for the set...I just couldn't do it, this is getting harder to do with each new set recently. Usually I'd buy instantly...meh.

IMO it feels like several related sets were made and are being released one at a time. Arcane, crusade, sacred and steel wolf all have pretty much the same elements (and some with the same actual design detail) and now this set and the other large head animals.

Maybe I'm missing the group who keeps wanting freaky animal shoulder pets and costumes....but when are we going to get back to basics with actual super hero stuff?
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I don't hate the new costume, I'm just disappointed that it wasn't teddy bears like the holiday transform bears.

The bottoms are basically re-textures of the dino costume... One of the tops looks like it too. I would not want to hug an adult wearing that. Especially one doing the pose on the right.

YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. I booted up Furries Online, and saw a guy running around with a cape. Like WTF!?
    LOL'd because it's true. How are my anatomically-correct anthro horse, plushy, catgirl, and 500-tailed kitsune friends and I supposed to get immersed in this game's club caprice roleplay when the occasional god-forsaken comic-con reject shows up? What do they think this is, a superhero game or something?

Sheesh!
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Fixed a bug where you could not ctrl+right click slotted secondary gear from your gear slots.
    Now THIS, on the other hand, made my day.

THANK YOU!

:D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    This is totally random Kais, but is there a way to make auras work upon defeat, like the cosmetic auras and all that? I think it'd be cool if a character would be defeated, they could have the smoke aura if they were burned or whatever aura they wanted, not sure what category it would go on, probably combat or something, I think it could make some interesting screenshot ideas.​​
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 981 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

It is less of an animal themed costume and more of a troll oriented costume.

Like this is the kind of costume I would expect people to PvP in if PvP wasn't dead. Or the kind of costume someone waking dogs on kiga on purpose would use.

Like the dinosaur pijama?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Teddybear Suit is super disappointing. I thought it was going to be the full teddybear costume used for toys. Instead, it's a weird, baggy, and possibly frightening mess.

Sorry, but please try again.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    chaelk said:

Didn't they appear in TMNT and other Strangeness
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos said:

d04e36a70a50d91adbebf98d5615c7a31484795498.jpg

​​

The important thing to notice here is that we have more cute ears for the ear category :3
    MEH, Animals ears on humans make me Cringe

and no you are not Kawaii Hawaii​​
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 387 Arc User
    So when are Clarence mods going to be put in the GCR store?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    avianos wrote: »
    Likewise, and those preview images on bald heads does a good job at highlighting the creepy factor. Having the ears poke out of hair allows our minds to mentally write them off as a fashion accessory rather than an actual body part, making it seem less disturbing, perhaps even cute.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    Am I a bad person for liking this costume? Because I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. I actually enjoy the idea of having a teddy head with different materials options. I don't think it's all that bad....

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    edited January 2017
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Am I a bad person for liking this costume? Because I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. I actually enjoy the idea of having a teddy head with different materials options. I don't think it's all that bad....

Not at all, I personally love the cute Scarf it has and the fur chest that can be used for as a Jacket or fur for a viking armour
    Of cource those 2 pieces don't make me excited to buy the set on full price

although I could make a Bear Toy soldier with it, something identical to the enemies from Conker's Bad Fur Day
    latest?cb=20071129032936
    HMMMM how curious​​
    avianos said:

blumoon8 wrote: »

Not at all, I personally love the cute Scarf it has and the fur chest that can be used for as a Jacket or fur for a viking armour

Of cource those 2 pieces don't make me excited to buy the set on full price

although I could make a Bear Toy soldier with it, something identical to the enemies from Conker's Bad Fur Day

latest?cb=20071129032936

HMMMM how curious​​

Conker's Bad Fur Day *goes to look for the game cartridge* Now THAT's a teddy bear costume I would't mind...:D
    Probably not the bears from Conker, but Berenstein Bears maybe.

Probably not the bears from Conker, but Berenstein Bears maybe.

Hmm.. Berenstein Bears are cute, too. Both of those costumes could work well for this game.. Berenstein Bear look for everyday/Valentine's Day/Christmas and Conker's for Halloween/Nightmare Event/Bloodmoon. :)
    No no no!
    It's Berenstein! I don't care what this reality says! And no, the Scarecrow didn't have a gun. It was "Mirror, mirror on the wall", not "Magic mirror on the wall". And the Bermuda Triangle didn't include parts of Miami and Puerto Rico. Get of my lawn! :p
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I was at Don Larsen's World Series no-hitter, I SWEAR! :p

That I wasn't born yet is irrelevant!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos said:

Good thing you're clearly part of the minority :)
    edited January 2017
    The part that bugs me is still having human ears when you have animal ones. I have to cover them in various ways. They should make an "on/off" switch for ears. There's plenty of times I want none at all (mostly aliens, but hey, in this game, they're commonplace).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

The part that bugs me is still having human ears when you have animal ones. I have to cover them in various ways. They should make an "on/off" switch for ears. There's plenty of times I want none at all (mostly aliens, but hey, in this game, they're commonplace).

Hmm.. you mean like the Playboy Bunny clones I see running around sometimes?
    I...huh? Playboy bunnies are supposed to have real ears and fake rabbit ears.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    kyastral said:

Hmm.. you mean like the Playboy Bunny clones I see running around sometimes?
    Gunbunny Blue's uniform was intended as ironic social commentary back in the 70's when her career started. And the fact she can shoot her detractors full of holes and turn their remains into decorative lanterns by shoving ball lightning into them suggests decorum when discussing costume fashion with her.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.