test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes - 10/27/2016

2»

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Any arguments against making the Throne BoAoP is negated by the fact that all other vehicles in the vendor of the same value work that way.

There are no other vehicles for sale of the same value.
    There is nothing else in the store that costs as much as the two variations of the throne do.

The Thrones cost 700.
    The other vehicles are 650.
    guyhumual said:

Rare item that you can buy from a store? Yeah, that's a good argument.

How about just letting us enjoy the stuff we bought or unlocked? Sure, if you only have one character that you play all the time this isn't a problem for you, but some of us enjoy making new characters and if this weren't

Not sure where the rest of your sentence sentence went, but what you did manage to post tells me that you should have no problem buying it from the store then.

I mean, you yourself are arguing that because it can be bought from a vendor that it can not in any way be rare, so it must be simple to get the coins to buy it, yes?

So let that new character ride the train.
    Send them to Champs HQ to fight Tako (and maybe get the drop and not even have to deal with buying it.
    See if you can find some crypt teams. People are still doing the old daily and there are some calls for crypt teams out there. You may even be able to solo the crypts and it might be slow going, but if it matters enough to you...
    And then, if after they start to get close, start opening those treat bags that you have accumulated over the days to expedite things.

It's easy to get the 700 coins on a single character if you try, right?
    You said so yourself.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    sterga said:

You made the comparison to vehicles you buy in the cash shop, not to lockbox or drifter trash vehicles. It's an important distinction because of the clear inferiority of cash shop vehicles to lockbox and drifter ones. Upgrading vehicles, even event ones, requires a cash shop purchase as well, something you didn't take into consideration. In fact, a decently powerful level 1 vehicle picked up for free might even encourage upgrade purchases when a cash shop vehicle wouldn't even be considered due to basically having to buy it and an upgrade if a player wants to use it for something other than cosmetics.

Buying keys to open lockboxes was not part of your original point and doesn't make sense to bring it up now to support your argument.

In my defense my original post was made at around 6-7AM my timezone before going to sleep, but it also speaks volumes about the strength of your case that you accidentally fed me more arguments as to why BoP is actually good.

Also saying that the current changes are what's driving people away is a load of bull that cannot be proved. MMOs in general are losing population over people losing interest on a cookie cutter system that has not seen many changes since the early 2000s, specially with mobile gaming on the rise and handheld consoles becoming more powerful/consoles slowly closing the gap between PC Master Race.

But CO in particular is a 7 year old game. 3 of those years saw little to no changes (2012-2015). Late 2012 for instance had a lot of promises, and none were delivered. 2013 was even worse. 2014 I wasn't around but it doesn't sounde all that better, and late 2015 finally saw some additions.

2016 so far has seen more additions to the game than all the 2013-2015 period together and you cannot argue against this fact. That some people do not agree with this changes doesn't mean that the changes are what is driving people away, more like, the game hasn't changed in 4 years in a direction that they like, so they leave. Meanwhile some people returned or decided to stay because they like the changes or simply like to have changes after 4 years happen. If these changes hadn't happened most likely people would have left too, cause a stagnant game on life support cannot keep it's playerbase.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2016

It's easy to get the 700 coins on a single character if you try, right?
    You said so yourself.

You should talk to Spinnytop, they're making that claim, but I've been saying that I've not been inclined to do the event this year, and so with my main I've grinded some 1000 coins thus far, use some of that coin to get a couple costume unlocks, and if I were so inclined I could be on pace to unlock this vehicle or travel power. It's not hard to get the travel power for one of my level 40s, I just need to put in the time and effort, it is impossible to get it for a character designed specifically for the that item unless they already exists.

In closing, you're confusing the words "expensive" with "rare", if something is expensive that may well mean that not many people will be willing to buy it, that however doesn't automatically make it rare.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, the Tako throne is such a big deal that they do a gameplay announce every time someone get one as a drop so yeah.....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    ^ That's called hype, and it's supposed to get people excited about it. The way I see it, it's expensive, it's bind-to-character, and just about everyone else will have one so I'll save my turkey coins for other things. Just not sure what. :(
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

So the new vehicle, Throne of Takofanes, is BoP. So now even vehicles are becoming BoP. Champions Online is going in a direction I really don't like.

Edit: Just to be clear I like the vehicle, it's something that's cool and unique, but at 700 coins, good luck farming that for the toon you want it for.

There is no point really, not with this event ending on Thursday. I think I collected 2-3 things that were from that pointless BoP list. And announcing it in zone just to rub it in, yeah... I think I'll find something better for my play time.
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    aesica said:

^ That's called hype, and it's supposed to get people excited about it. The way I see it, it's expensive, it's bind-to-character, and just about everyone else will have one so I'll save my turkey coins for other things. Just not sure what. :(

A rather poor way to hype a niche game, it's like "really? You can't be asked to update your YouTube channel for CO, let alone the Arc News section videos(which btw have had the same F2P trailer since that was announced) but you are sure able to advertise 6 different emails about STO/NW on Xbone and PS4 :^)"
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

A rather poor way to hype a niche game,

I don't mean the game itself. I mean the flyby messages for the thrones are meant to encourage people to chase after them, just like they do with lockbox rewards. "So and so just got a throne and last time, 2 other people got one. I should keep at this so I can get one, too!"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    aesica said:

A rather poor way to hype a niche game,

I don't mean the game itself. I mean the flyby messages for the thrones are meant to encourage people to chase after them, just like they do with lockbox rewards. "So and so just got a throne and last time, 2 other people got one. I should keep at this so I can get one, too!"
    I agree. I would really like to have to choice to toggle flyby messages on and off; they are especially annoying during popular events and a bunch of them are flying across the screen at the same time; blocking my view of what I am doing. Those flyby's do not encourage me to obtain rare items; I can decide for myself if I want to get them or not. The last thing I need is to have my toon's name fly across the screen when I get a rare item and then get tells asking if I'm going to sell them. In my opinion, all of your rewards should remain private until you decide to make them public. The flyby's also clog up the chat channel, and you have to be careful when trying to turn them off from there because you may turn off the system/navigation chat as well.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    the flyby messages fo nothing for me... actually seeing the item itself does, and at that point i can make the decision if i want it or not... and being for sale elsewhere kinda defeats the whole purpose imo...
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    These messages have been in the game long enough now that my mind doesn't even register them. I mean, I see a blur of text but my mind does not actively see/process the message. It's kind of like some birds flying past.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Still haven't added any store to exchange our blue devices from first week of bloodmoon to purple ? I have over 10 blue devices in my inventory, please, add something to help me :/

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    blockwave said:

Still haven't added any store to exchange our blue devices from first week of bloodmoon to purple ? I have over 10 blue devices in my inventory, please, add something to help me :/

I'm pretty sure you'll see it tomorrow. It's on PTS atm.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
This discussion has been closed.