test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the problem with the content beyond alerts?

124»

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I am getting it and I dont see how its small im running into these kinds of missions quite often. I dont get how people are missing these?

They're not missing them, they just know how small a percentage of the missions they are, because they've done the rest. What's your "quite often"? Once a week or so?

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I am getting it and I dont see how its small im running into these kinds of missions quite often. I dont get how people are missing these?

They're not missing them, they just know how small a percentage of the missions they are, because they've done the rest. What's your "quite often"? Once a week or so?

Lol ok think whatever you want.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Most annoying mission ever? "Rare fish project". You have to go to Lemuria and catch Lyretail fish.... but I've never seen one...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    I still find the content in the game kinda enjoyable to play while leveling a new alt. I alternate between the regular mission content and alerts. The only mission in the game I have never completed is Sammie's lost dollies...

But like with every mmo, after so many alts, the current content will grow stale no matter the variety.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It's weird tho... I continue to enjoy Grabs, despite the fact that they are objectively more repetitive and "the same" than missions. Funny that.
  • Options
    I still do the alert missions myself, each and everyday. Gives me something to do. And I still run the custom alerts and rampages. All while waiting for the new qliphotic warzone. (Aside the fact that I pretty much did every other mission in the game and got no new missions to do currently) I still get my super hero fix.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    saburfang wrote: »
    I still find the content in the game kinda enjoyable to play while leveling a new alt. I alternate between the regular mission content and alerts. The only mission in the game I have never completed is Sammie's lost dollies...

But like with every mmo, after so many alts, the current content will grow stale no matter the variety.

aarghh, which doll is up this time.
    IN which spot.
    do I already have that one.
    when are they due to respawn.
    Closest I got was missing one and I never saw that one spawn.
    Now that's a blood pressure mission​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    A really good question for people who enjoy certain types of content is how many of you are actually sober while you play lol? No judgement just saying that very well might have an effect on the fun factor.
  • Options
    I know I get drunk sometimes and do a few missions, but not often.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

A really good question for people who enjoy certain types of content is how many of you are actually sober while you play lol? No judgement just saying that very well might have an effect on the fun factor.

I don't drink alcohol :)

I prefer the savory taste of pure, refreshing H20! \o/
  • Options
    saburfang said:

I don't drink alcohol :)

I prefer the savory taste of pure, refreshing H20! \o/
    well that or Mt. Dew...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Mtn. Dew or Space Frog, whatever the name it's all the same.

• Options
    I don't drink or take drugs.
    I do however have the sound turned off and play the radio instead.

Mtn spew is the name over here.
    along with Dead Rooster, kentucky Died, Crap Donalds, and Hungry Yucks... ok it was a long weekend convention and across the road from a load of those places. we did have full time free popcorn at the Con.... That was just as bad, as we found out the next day.​​

• Options
    the kinda of popcorn that still looks like popcorn when it comes out?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Most annoying mission ever? "Rare fish project". You have to go to Lemuria and catch Lyretail fish.... but I've never seen one...

I've done that one. The mission suffers from the Lemurian problem, in that you have to deal with an extra dimension (are there MC mission in the sky?). The fish are also quick. But they are there in the kelp forest. Next to the sub with the dead diver next to it, IIRC.
  • Options

Mtn. Dew or Space Frog, whatever the name it's all the same.

Galaxy Silver Fish.
  • Options
    ehraehra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Late reply since I'm just coming back to the game. As someone who's never been able to take a character beyond 35 and always keeps coming back to try again every couple of years ever since CoX went away, I'll say that my problem with mission content is that the "story" is seemingly non existent. Leveling through Westside and the desert, the game seems to spend far more time parodying super hero tropes and making outdated references than it does attempting to develop its own plotlines or characters. I'd be able to slog through generic "kill 20 things then run through a sewer" quests, look over how incredibly easy the content is, and not care about how repetitive it is the 10th+ time If there were actually an interesting story with memorable characters/villains, but I certainly haven't seen them. It doesn't even have to be a particularly good story (CoX had plenty of dud plotlines), just a genuine attempt without undermining your own efforts by immediately turning around and having me do another quest pointing out how silly super heroes are.

Outside of the tutorial area with the invasion, the only character who's name I even remember is Foxbat. If anything, the few alerts I've done seem to have more interesting narratives (or at least put more effort into that narrative) than essentially every mission I've seen.

I've heard decent things about Vibora Bay, maybe I'll actually make it there this time.
  • Options
    ehra said:

Late reply since I'm just coming back to the game. As someone who's never been able to take a character beyond 35 and always keeps coming back to try again every couple of years ever since CoX went away, I'll say that my problem with mission content is that the "story" is seemingly non existent. Leveling through Westside and the desert, the game seems to spend far more time parodying super hero tropes and making outdated references than it does attempting to develop its own plotlines or characters. I'd be able to slog through generic "kill 20 things then run through a sewer" quests, look over how incredibly easy the content is, and not care about how repetitive it is the 10th+ time If there were actually an interesting story with memorable characters/villains, but I certainly haven't seen them. It doesn't even have to be a particularly good story (CoX had plenty of dud plotlines), just a genuine attempt without undermining your own efforts by immediately turning around and having me do another quest pointing out how silly super heroes are.

Outside of the tutorial area with the invasion, the only character who's name I even remember is Foxbat. If anything, the few alerts I've done seem to have more interesting narratives (or at least put more effort into that narrative) than essentially every mission I've seen.

I've heard decent things about Vibora Bay, maybe I'll actually make it there this time.

I do agree with the storyline aspect to an extent, coh did have a better story even though it had repetitive missions and envioronment, in co you get devices and do unique things in missions but while leveling it doesnt always feel like your going through a good storyline if one at all. Difficulty can be increased though, but honestly at the same time I do enjoy some of the plotlines, you just have to pay attention.
  • Options
    I think it would help if the story wasn't largely delivered through mission text. After a while in any game that delivers the story through a bunch of text, I just stop caring because I didn't launch that game to read, I launched it to play a game. Yes I'm old enough that I remember playing games that were literally made of text, but those times are gone now and good riddance. If the game wants to tell me story, do it while the action is rolling. Don't feed me the story from some mission npc, have it happening around me... hell at least have an npc tell me about it while we're knee deep in a battle. Like just have a cutscene going on around me while I'm fighting waves of bad guys or finding people in the wreckage of a burning building or whatever. Don't tell me the story, have me be part of it.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

I think it would help if the story wasn't largely delivered through mission text. After a while in any game that delivers the story through a bunch of text, I just stop caring because I didn't launch that game to read, I launched it to play a game. Yes I'm old enough that I remember playing games that were literally made of text, but those times are gone now and good riddance. If the game wants to tell me story, do it while the action is rolling. Don't feed me the story from some mission npc, have it happening around me... hell at least have an npc tell me about it while we're knee deep in a battle. Like just have a cutscene going on around me while I'm fighting waves of bad guys or finding people in the wreckage of a burning building or whatever. Don't tell me the story, have me be part of it.

It is hard we get spoiled on videos now days, although its been easier for me then others since I recently got back into reading books.
  • Options

I don't drink alcohol at all.​​