test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the problem with the content beyond alerts?

xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
I noticed allot of people complain say the content is boring, in my opinion it isnt but I think this is because people sit all day and get do alerts instead of seeking out the tons of environments from instances, stories, and enemies from the quests themselves.

Here is something I really dont get why do people think its not rewarding enough? You can turn up the difficulty for more exp and loot, you can group up for elite difficulty, and you actually play the game.

Also it helps if you read the story instead of skipping which most people do, I see this in groups all the time.

And just a side not I do understand why vets get tired of the content im just talking about newer players as a whole.
Post edited by xoriandruid on

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Most people complain just to complain and actually never have done the content.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Sometimes, OP, it's better to just turn off Zone chat.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    The open world stuff is like 80% formulaic early 2000s MMO stuff. "Kill 40 thingys!" "Collect 20 of this and 20 of that!". Doesn't really work anymore for me today.

The remainder is 10% open world events which were really quite ahead of their time and fun. Then 10% crisis or conclusions to a quest arc with their own cutscenes which aren't half bad the first time round but then you can't esc to skip.

So on an alt it's really 90% boring stuff.

I wish there were more APs and CSes and they gave good XP/time but :(
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    It's the same reason why people who live near theme parks get tired of them after awhile. Been there, done that. Done it again. And again. And again... And again. This type of content ages badly, especially when games that do have variety in their content exist.

CO has such great character and decent build customization, but most of the world is straight theme park. Alerts have more variety than most of the world, even if it's only a tiny amount. I'll take alerts over most of the rest of the game any day.

Most of the drops in the world are vendor trash. You'll use that gear on your first toon (maybe) and then it's right to heirloom gear. Lockboxes flooded the game with so many r5+ mods, that anything lower is junk unless you really want to level your mod fusion skill. Vehicle mods are generally considered junk.

Unless a miracle happened, the difficulty slider has no effect on loot drops. It basically just makes mobs into bigger HP bags, but doesn't give them any new attacks or change their a.i.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User

Most people complain just to complain and actually never have done the content.

This is what it seems like to me.
    sterga said:

It's the same reason why people who live near theme parks get tired of them after awhile. Been there, done that. Done it again. And again. And again... And again. This type of content ages badly, especially when games that do have variety in their content exist.

CO has such great character and decent build customization, but most of the world is straight theme park. Alerts have more variety than most of the world, even if it's only a tiny amount. I'll take alerts over most of the rest of the game any day.

Most of the drops in the world are vendor trash. You'll use that gear on your first toon (maybe) and then it's right to heirloom gear. Lockboxes flooded the game with so many r5+ mods, that anything lower is junk unless you really want to level your mod fusion skill. Vehicle mods are generally considered junk.

Unless a miracle happened, the difficulty slider has no effect on loot drops. It basically just makes mobs into bigger HP bags, but doesn't give them any new attacks or change their a.i.

Uh not its a fact that difficult increases better loot drops, especially on elite. And how is it the same? There are tons of missions in each zone, you dont do them all on one character I can see it getting stale after plenty of alts but that is the staple of mmorpgs anyways.
    edited August 2016
    selphea said:

The open world stuff is like 80% formulaic early 2000s MMO stuff. "Kill 40 thingys!" "Collect 20 of this and 20 of that!". Doesn't really work anymore for me today.

The remainder is 10% open world events which were really quite ahead of their time and fun. Then 10% crisis or conclusions to a quest arc with their own cutscenes which aren't half bad the first time round but then you can't esc to skip.

So on an alt it's really 90% boring stuff.

I wish there were more APs and CSes and they gave good XP/time but :(

The same can be said about any mmorpg really, ive played allot of the newer ones and the quests are the same, the only difference is you get movie clips, if you read what your doing it can be more interesting. Also open world stuff especially in mmorpgs are overrated, there are plenty of huge instances in this game.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Uh not its a fact that difficult increases better loot drops, especially on elite. And how is it the same? There are tons of missions in each zone, you dont do them all on one character I can see it getting stale after plenty of alts but that is the staple of mmorpgs anyways."

Changing the difficulty slider used to change the chance of getting better drops, but as far as I know it's been broken for awhile and no longer does that. That's why I said "unless a miracle happened", i.e. it was fixed. The difficulty slider being practically useless was a complaint for some time before everyone just gave up on asking it to be fixed.

I've been playing this game since it came out. Before alerts existed. Before ATs existed. I have probably rolled over a hundred characters. If I go to westside, it will be the exact same thing every single time. There is no chance of different mob types, no chance that the maniacs will be beating up some faction other than the purple gang, no differences in mob a.i. ever.

Compare that to Path of Exile, where I've rolled 110 characters and still find the game itself more interesting because there is variety in the mobs. Sure, the maps stay the same and the basic mob themes are usually the same, but the next time I run through an area, there might be a second boss or a rare mob with interesting modifiers. Sometime, there are even completely different mobs. There is also what is basically a random mission system that adds events to already existing areas.

Saying something is a "staple of of mmorpgs" doesn't give anyone a pass for making content with no future. It's 2016 and I'm a lot picker about where I waste my time since there are a lot more choices today.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    I've played newer MMOs too and my experience has been the opposite. They seem to have a more varied mix. There's questing but there's also other things like dynamic open world events to break the monotony and make the world feel more alive.

Then there's alternate levelling paths like levelling via crafting or PvP.
    sterga said:

"Uh not its a fact that difficult increases better loot drops, especially on elite. And how is it the same? There are tons of missions in each zone, you dont do them all on one character I can see it getting stale after plenty of alts but that is the staple of mmorpgs anyways."

Changing the difficulty slider used to change the chance of getting better drops, but as far as I know it's been broken for awhile and no longer does that. That's why I said "unless a miracle happened", i.e. it was fixed. The difficulty slider being practically useless was a complaint for some time before everyone just gave up on asking it to be fixed.

I've been playing this game since it came out. Before alerts existed. Before ATs existed. I have probably rolled over a hundred characters. If I go to westside, it will be the exact same thing every single time. There is no chance of different mob types, no chance that the maniacs will be beating up some faction other than the purple gang, no differences in mob a.i. ever.

Compare that to Path of Exile, where I've rolled 110 characters and still find the game itself more interesting because there is variety in the mobs. Sure, the maps stay the same and the basic mob themes are usually the same, but the next time I run through an area, there might be a second boss or a rare mob with interesting modifiers. Sometime, there are even completely different mobs. There is also what is basically a random mission system that adds events to already existing areas.

Saying something is a "staple of of mmorpgs" doesn't give anyone a pass for making content with no future. It's 2016 and I'm a lot picker about where I waste my time since there are a lot more choices today.

Im pretty sure it isnt broken, I noticed more loot drops everytime I up difficulty. And it does give it a pass because it is the stable of mmorpgs and im pretty sure poe was designed later then champions online. I find a huge variety of enemies in this game so im not sure what you mean by that.
    selphea said:

I've played newer MMOs too and my experience has been the opposite. They seem to have a more varied mix. There's questing but there's also other things like dynamic open world events to break the monotony and make the world feel more alive.

Then there's alternate levelling paths like levelling via crafting or PvP.

Well ive yet to play eso but the rest of the open world events in other mmorpgs are to easy and relies on team mechanics to justify it being much fun.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't find it exciting. Other people do. S'how things are sometimes. I've done all that stuff several times over btw - there's some neat things out there, but a lot of it is same ol same ol, so I'll cut out the middle man and do alerts.
    spinnytop said:

There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't find it exciting. Other people do. S'how things are sometimes. I've done all that stuff several times over btw - there's some neat things out there, but a lot of it is same ol same ol, so I'll cut out the middle man and do alerts.

Yea as I said I get that but I have yet to find an mmo where I dont get tired of the content.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The only content questline that was fairly intriguing to me was Vibora Bay. The missions and story were quite entertaining. Especially the little Twilight easter egg. Have to say that the rewards were extremely underwhelming. I miss the missions when they reward us with costume unlocks(like before On-Alert) and/or r5 core mods.

The problem nowadays is that the rewards for said missions are not worth the effort put into it. Beat a boss and get rewarded blue/green gear? Eh, pass.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Which gets to the other problem.
    the reward vs effort group.
    Who treat the rewards from alerts as the baseline.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I like doing the missions, I perfer the slight variety in objectives and enviroments over running the same ol same ol grab alerts in the same places doing exactly the same thing...that is what gets tedious to me. Sure I've probably played most of the missions a dozen times by now but at least post the beginning missions in westside I am free to choose my own path and so no two playthroughs are ever alike. There is plenty of variety to be had if you go out and look for it. That said, I'm sure thare are plenty of altoholics who are quite sick of it all...but just because they have played it all do death doesn't mean other people won't enjoy it...

Lots of people just seem to wanna do alerts all day because the think it is the fastest way to level up, I don't actually agree with that... though in terms of effort it is the easiest.

Oh well, to each their own I guess.

edited August 2016

Yea as I said I get that but I have yet to find an mmo where I dont get tired of the content.

The problem really started after On-Alert when player power level became significantly higher, but NPC power level didn't. Missions that were previously challenging became a cakewalk. A lot of stuff went from content that you had to approach with some level of thought to "run in and aoe everything, repeat". It's good for a giggle now and then, but that was the point after which mission-based content truly became rather boring for me. Alerts at least cut out all the travelling, talking to npcs, and extra running around that gets tacked on and lets you get right to the fightin' - and the npcs are a bit tougher than what you would run into out in the world. Of course, Smash alerts are still pretty boring too.

I mean, in the near future I'm gonna be doing mission content again... it's just not going to be in any of our current zones :smiley:
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

The problem really started after On-Alert when player power level became significantly higher, but NPC power level didn't. Missions that were previously challenging became a cakewalk. A lot of stuff went from content that you had to approach with some level of thought to "run in and aoe everything, repeat". It's good for a giggle now and then, but that was the point after which mission-based content truly became rather boring for me. Alerts at least cut out all the travelling, talking to npcs, and extra running around that gets tacked on and lets you get right to the fightin' - and the npcs are a bit tougher than what you would run into out in the world. Of course, Smash alerts are still pretty boring too.

I mean, in the near future I'm gonna be doing mission content again... it's just not going to be in any of our current zones :smiley:
    Right. The stories in the zones have been updated in years. Sorry OP, but I'm not going to be excited reading the same story line on my 15th alt. Luckily some new content is coming.
    spinnytop said:

Cakewalk? Well yea if you play on normal sure, this is why I mentioned turning up difficulty earlier....
    darqaura2 said:

spinnytop said:

Right. The stories in the zones have been updated in years. Sorry OP, but I'm not going to be excited reading the same story line on my 15th alt. Luckily some new content is coming.
    If you read my other comments I said I dont expect people to never get bored with it, nearly everyone has skipped those comments here.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Cakewalk? Well yea if you play on normal sure, this is why I mentioned turning up difficulty earlier....

First of all, the difficulty slider only affects instanced content, and most missions are open world. Secondly, even Elite is a cakewalk; a one-man mission on Elite is still easier than a two-man mission, and people regularly solo five-man missions.

First of all, the difficulty slider only affects instanced content, and most missions are open world. Secondly, even Elite is a cakewalk; a one-man mission on Elite is still easier than a two-man mission, and people regularly solo five-man missions.
    My experience has been different any evidence of this?

The power shift of On Alert was pretty extreme. Turning non-GCR content up to Elite barely even pushes it to what normal difficulty should be. That's what people mean when they say the difficulty setting is meaningless: would you like your content easy, or easier?
  • You are wrong Spinny to most it is a cakewalk due power creep and power combo imbalances *cough* Freeforms *cough*. Try same said content on elite as one of the less powerful Archtypes than get back in on this topic. And you asking for it be made harder makes it even harder on the ATs than the FFs ever will have it this gets back to my point of how the two class system is flawed game design but what do I know.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    The largest power creep happened with On Alert. That's what he's talking about. Freeforms weren't always imbalanced. Day 1 you usually needed 2 people if a mission said you should have 2 people doing it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Freeforms are an imbalance when you don't adjust the pve to match power changes. But if they did this would make ATs even weaker and why would they continue selling a flawed product and better yet why would any smart consumer keep buying it.
    Yes, the power creep. And the biggest power creep happened with On Alert.
    biffsig.jpg

You are wrong Spinny to most it is a cakewalk due power creep and power combo imbalances *cough* Freeforms *cough*. Try same said content on elite as one of the less powerful Archtypes than get back in on this topic. And you asking for it be made harder makes it even harder on the ATs than the FFs ever will have it this gets back to my point of how the two class system is flawed game design but what do I know.

I did this content on Archetypes back before On-Alert scrub. Get on my level.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

Lots of people just seem to wanna do alerts all day because the think it is the fastest way to level up, I don't actually agree with that... though in terms of effort it is the easiest.

That's it for me. It's easier. I'm a person who shuns effort for the most part. :p

I DO do the content, but on a couple of characters not the whole 50+ crew. Decorum, for example, ONLY does "content", only having done Alerts enough for one round of each Daily.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I like to do alerts because it is the only way to team. Well, TA and NemCon, too, I guess, but those take effort to get the team together. Nobody teams for story content because why.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    Because THRILLING HEROICS LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE?!
    biffsig.jpg
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

I noticed allot of people complain say the content is boring, in my opinion it isnt but I think this is because people sit all day and get do alerts instead of seeking out the tons of environments from instances, stories, and enemies from the quests themselves.

Here is something I really dont get why do people think its not rewarding enough? You can turn up the difficulty for more exp and loot, you can group up for elite difficulty, and you actually play the game.

Also it helps if you read the story instead of skipping which most people do, I see this in groups all the time.

I think almost everyone can agree that the sameness of the content is what drives many people to do alerts at level 10, since they level up a character a lot faster. Doing the content tends to almost or even achieve outleveling the missions for the next contact/area. Doing all of the Westide low level missions is a perfect example of this; a character can outlevel most of the Desert Crisis and a good part of the Canada Crisis before leaving Westside.

In my opinion, however, I think the answers to your questions depends upon who you talk to. The level of what players want and will tolerate when playing games has changed dramatically over the years. Many players do not have the patience or tolerance for multi-level grinds (play content to get resources to get gear to play harder content to get better resources to get better gear, ect) or for content that sits around for months/years. Some players do not mind playing the content and reading the story bubbles, NPC interaction story bubbles and grinding the content.

I suggest that you find players that have a similar playstyle to yours and team/friend them. Like themightyzenith said: "Sometimes it's best to turn off Zone Chat. Zone Chat is like being in the Mafia; "Every time you try to get out, it always pulls you back in." If you must use Zone Chat, try to spend as little time with it as you can.

Personally, I like doing the game content and will try to do all of it; I dont like doing alerts until I get closer to level 40. Rampages I avoid like the plague because of the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad RNG loot table.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    I wouldn't say CO's content is boring. CO just has the same type of problem City had. Missions are always Talk to this guy, collect certain amount of these things, kill certain amount of enemies, escort this dude. Cryptic are not the greatest at mission variety.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    nepht said:

I wouldn't say CO's content is boring. CO just has the same type of problem City had. Missions are always Talk to this guy, collect certain amount of these things, kill certain amount of enemies, escort this dude. Cryptic are not the greatest at mission variety.

That is the staple of rpgs though when you think about it, some games just hide it better with voice acting and movies.
    Yeah, I remember when Guild Wars 2 first came out, the players were laughing at other games where you had to "kill 10 things" and "gather 20 apples", because that was so boring, and their game didn't have that. That made me laugh so hard, because it did have those things, but it was just "kill things until this little bar fills up" and "pick apples until this little bar fills up." The changing open missions were neat, but still just the same thing over and over again.
    biffsig.jpg
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I used to run a lot of arcs because they had uniques (available no-where else) as rewards for completing the arc. Nowadays, mission rewards are quite literally vendor trash, particularly if you've been around for long enough to have some account-bound leveling gear.
    edited August 2016

Yeah, I remember when Guild Wars 2 first came out, the players were laughing at other games where you had to "kill 10 things" and "gather 20 apples", because that was so boring, and their game didn't have that. That made me laugh so hard, because it did have those things, but it was just "kill things until this little bar fills up" and "pick apples until this little bar fills up." The changing open missions were neat, but still just the same thing over and over again.

MMOs with combat are essentially the same thing over and over, that can't really be changed. In games like GW2, you get to do the hearts, but you also get to level via WvW, or choose a different area to level, and the open missions are dynamic enough to feel like there's more variety.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    nepht said:

Well, there is so much story you can skip large chunks of it and not miss it. Like have one guy do missions in Desert to level, and the next do Canada or something.

Granted, this does have limits as one you've played it all then you've played it all.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Missions were still fun before On-Alert. I mean, at least after they nerfed that stuff into the ground, they gave me something else to go do at the same time. I'm glad we're finally getting back some open word content that doesn't consist of running around knocking over cardboard cutouts tho. I'm still not going to care much about mission text - I'm all about gameplay when I log in. To be honest, even if the new zone had no daily rewards and the mobs just dropped a bit of typical Resources and other drops, I'd still spend a lot of time there. The daily quests are just the icing on the cake.

Lol well just like this game you may destroy objects to save people trapped inside, and in guild wars 2 you may kick some trees with a unique animation of apples falling off lol see it balances it out!
    selphea said:

MMOs with combat are essentially the same thing over and over, that can't really be changed. In games like GW2, you get to do the hearts, but you also get to level via WvW, or choose a different area to level, and the open missions are dynamic enough to feel like there's more variety.
    Doing wvw and crafting is just as tedious to level in guild wars 2 lets not label is as unique the entire game is just lazy beyond some of the writing. The entire leveling experience is so incredibly dull and easy to 80 it will put you to sleep, but hot content is a bit more challenging. Yea the game has fun events but still they are way to easy.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The mission content is boring because

A) going to locations that aren't interesting

B) in a team? Wait around for the rest of the team to show up at the location.

C) going into the location/loading screen

D) In a team? More than one mission on the door? Wait for other players to get into the right mission

E) Mash through the mobs who stand around waiting for you.

F) Finish mission, open crime computer, turn in mission, ho hum, the more you do it the less interesting it is.

G) or go all the way back to some contact who doesn't own a cell phone in the 21st century.

H) There are no physics in the game, level 40 super godlike being can't break a shelf and all the things he can destroy go "POOF"

I) Cut scenes interrupt the flow of the mission instead of just playing at the end to give a feeling of reward.

J) the end of every battle is basically the enemy flopping down into a static pose, very anti-climactic.

K) Waiting around for a team to do missions with can be tedious, especially once you get out of westside

There's probably some other points that I've missed, that the people who really hate missions could bring up.

The mission content is boring because

A) going to locations that aren't interesting

Arent that interesting? What do you mean? The locations are in the instances themselves for the most part you dont judge the entire environment because it takes place in the desert when you have indoor missions that lead to elsewhere.

B) in a team? Wait around for the rest of the team to show up at the location.

Yea so what? This is a game full of travel powers it doesnt take long learn patience? Thats all I can tell ya really people who dont care for waiting on others and cant play with others shouldnt play mmorpgs at all.

C) going into the location/loading screen

Lol it takes me literally a few seconds, that sounds like an issue on your end.

D) In a team? More than one mission on the door? Wait for other players to get into the right mission

Your making a to big of a deal out of it though.

E) Mash through the mobs who stand around waiting for you.

And it isnt the same in other mmorpgs?

F) Finish mission, open crime computer, turn in mission, ho hum, the more you do it the less interesting it is.

Lol you described any game with quests.

G) or go all the way back to some contact who doesn't own a cell phone in the 21st century.

Actually I think you can through emegency contacts, dont quote me on that though.

H) There are no physics in the game, level 40 super godlike being can't break a shelf and all the things he can destroy go "POOF"

No physics!!? Have you even tried energy blast powers?

I) Cut scenes interrupt the flow of the mission instead of just playing at the end to give a feeling of reward.

The cutscenes are like a comic book, if you want something more serious then why arent you playing eso instead?

J) the end of every battle is basically the enemy flopping down into a static pose, very anti-climactic.

Hmmmm well I guess this could use some improvement I was to busy watching my own powers then the way enemies fall. But this is an older mmorpg.

K) Waiting around for a team to do missions with can be tedious, especially once you get out of westside

Or maybe because everyone expects someone else to seek them? Maybe if you and others would help the leaders find them it would go faster.

There's probably some other points that I've missed, that the people who really hate missions could bring up.

Replied a through k above sir.
    spinnytop said:

Missions were still fun before On-Alert. I mean, at least after they nerfed that stuff into the ground, they gave me something else to go do at the same time. I'm glad we're finally getting back some open word content that doesn't consist of running around knocking over cardboard cutouts tho. I'm still not going to care much about mission text - I'm all about gameplay when I log in. To be honest, even if the new zone had no daily rewards and the mobs just dropped a bit of typical Resources and other drops, I'd still spend a lot of time there. The daily quests are just the icing on the cake.

Personally I want to see some factual evidence of this though, I know people to get good loot in missions, you turn up difficulty for challenge and better loot/exp. And I have noticed it does matter how efficient you or your team is as well like any typical rng based game.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    actually, the difficulty only affects instanced missions, as far as I know.
    I'm still levelling solo by missions, for an idea , how many times I've done that.
    Go to general gameplay and see the Altaholics thread.
    Me , I find alerts boring.
    People complain about doing the same missions again but you're spamming alerts for hours.
    I can stand spamming them if it's nemesis alerts because you get to see others...interesting Nemesis'.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    Scaled up citizen missions with some variety in completing them would go a long way to really open things up IMO.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Scaled up citizen missions with some variety in completing them would go a long way to really open things up IMO.

Yeah, every door should be freakin' blinkin' and they have access to millions of characters that players made, you'd think occasionally we could have a fight with a random group of appropriated avatars.