FC.31.20160702.1520.4 - Bug Fixes

2»

Comments

• Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kallethen said:

xrazamax wrote: »

Nerfs based on PvP concerns to existing powers = no.

It never ends well.

It is a mechanic that is like 95% only concerning pvp so... yes.

And we take away another weapon that helps kill Ao? Personally, it'd be nice if we had powers work slightly different in PvP than in PvE. That'd help keep both crowds happy.​​

And..(ok I'm playing devil's advocate here) have certain gear that only works for pvp. For example, if a player grinds for Onslaught gear then it should only be used for pvp. The same should hold true for anything purchased from the Hero Games vendor. The devs should consider tagging more gear/devices specifically for pvp, especially if you have to do pvp content to get it.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kyastral said:

kallethen said:

xrazamax said:

It never ends well.

And we take away another weapon that helps kill Ao? Personally, it'd be nice if we had powers work slightly different in PvP than in PvE. That'd help keep both crowds happy.​​

And..(ok I'm playing devil's advocate here) have certain gear that only works for pvp. For example, if a player grinds for Onslaught gear then it should only be used for pvp. The same should hold true for anything purchased from the Hero Games vendor. The devs should consider tagging more gear/devices specifically for pvp, especially if you have to do pvp content to get it.
    Hold it! Onslaught was meant more to bridge the gap between PvP and PvE... and nearly everyone who has onslaught gear grinded it out via it`s PvE route. Also there really is no real reason to lock gear behind a "PvP use only" gate.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kyastral said:

What would be the purpose of making gear pvp only? That would make the threat from the Onslaught gloves pointless. It would also make a lot of players who already grinded that gear for pve angry.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The blocky boots reminds me of one of the characters from the anime Fairy Tale. I doubt it, but perhaps that was the inspiration for these?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kallethen said:

Ao hasn't been an issue for a while, he was nerfed into irrelevancy quite some time ago.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

kallethen said:

Ao hasn't been an issue for a while, he was nerfed into irrelevancy quite some time ago.
    No it wasn`t Ao` is still a pain in the **** for a lot of people, and still by far one of the toughest alert bosses.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    I dunno if you guys care enough about this but:

BUG: Lance Rain's Accelerated Metabolism advantage isn't granting the energy back upon usage of the 15 second window wait time.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts gives 21 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Lance Rain deals 2257 (2708) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Endurance Mastery gives 8 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Concentration gives 40 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts deals 188 (226) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts gives 44 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts deals 93 (111) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Lance Rain deals 2369 (2843) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts deals 291 (349) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts gives 44 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts deals 95 (114) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:41] [Combat (Self)] Your Lance Rain deals 3324 (3989) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Concentration gives 40 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts deals 178 (214) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Kinetic Darts gives 44 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Endurance Mastery gives 8 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Lance Rain deals 2917 (3500) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Endurance Mastery gives 8 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Concentration gives 40 Energy to you.

[7/18 2:45] [Combat (Self)] Your Concentration gives 40 Energy to you.

I see it NO where in the combat tab.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kallethen said:

While that might sound appealing at a glance, it's generally frowned upon in the design world to take that approach. Somewhere there's a line which, once crossed, has people less confident about what to expect from their powers and abilities because so many things turn out to have different effects in pvp compared to pve.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's funny that you should mention Master of The Mind...

I compared it's LIVE cost to that on PTS and I thought maybe something was off...turns out...

Master of the Mind's energy cost has been INCREASED on PTS.

Base Cost of Master of The Mind on PTS is 226 energy without any super stats or gear (level 40, Hybrid Role 5 in every stat)

This comes pretty close to that of the base cost of Force Cascade which is 280 energy on PTS

I guess that's another nerf that wasn't mentioned.

--

@riverocean , Update - Master of The Mind applies the revised versions of the Malaise and Mental Weakness debuffs, so these do not have a duration which scales with Crowd Control Strength as that scaling has been destroyed and replaced with a static duration of 10 seconds (sound familiar :wink:).

@theravenforce
    Thank you for the time and care you took to check that out. I'm not on much right now due to other circumstances. And just for the record you aren't crazy and don't need a tin foil hat :smile:

I also don't think the devs intended to make a mess of the TP power tree. I do think that manipulator was problematic as it's essentially become a second passive. Not an entirely awesome or effective 2nd passive but still powerful in the right hands.- but YMMV.

Finding out MOTM was further nerfed is a complete shock. No one takes it as it is, why in the world worsen it? As it is now, telepathy is in a horrible state and needs some help. I'll just wait and cross my fingers that some significant re-working of the tree to improve it is coming.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    @riverocean

Fir what it's worth, my understanding is that MOTM'S energy cost nerf is an unintended consequence of tweaking telepathy. I think we're going to see a change on that in the near future.

My opinion on Manipulator:

I think Manipulator should go away as a form ability, and be retooled as a telepathy framework support passive. I think it would work better for it's intended purpose in that role, and it could function much better in that capacity.

I realize this will not be a popular view, but I think we'd be much happier with CC in this game longterm if we had a dedicated passive built around it.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    opalflame said:

kyastral said:

What would be the purpose of making gear pvp only? That would make the threat from the Onslaught gloves pointless. It would also make a lot of players who already grinded that gear for pve angry.
    raighn said:

kyastral said:

kallethen said:

xrazamax said:

It never ends well.

Hold it! Onslaught was meant more to bridge the gap between PvP and PvE... and nearly everyone who has onslaught gear grinded it out via it`s PvE route. Also there really is no real reason to lock gear behind a "PvP use only" gate.

(Still playing devil's advocate.) Easy answer: because Onslaught is an open pvp event. A player has to turn into a villian and other heroes have to defeat that player. Sounds like pvp to me. Why should players have to do pvp content in order to obtain good popular gear that players only use in pve? That makes no sense to me. Pvp players should have access to great gear designed specifically for pvp when they grind pvp content. I think more people would participate in pvp if they knew there was gear that would help them get a competitive edge against another player. As far as angry players, just read the forums about the next round of power changes. Nothing new there.

Again, just my devil's advocate two cents...:)
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2016
    Re: MotM. While occasionally a patch note doesn't make its way onto the list, if a change occurred that wasn't listed it's likely a bug.​​
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2016

My opinion on Manipulator:

I think Manipulator should go away as a form ability, and be retooled as a telepathy framework support passive. I think it would work better for it's intended purpose in that role, and it could function much better in that capacity.

I realize this will not be a popular view, but I think we'd be much happier with CC in this game longterm if we had a dedicated passive built around it.

I think this would be a better route than changing it into a toggle similar to mental discipline...

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    opalflame said:

kyastral said:

Trauma already reduces healing by half so it still going to kill Ao' (if you were even having trouble with him anymore). This is just about allowing more build diversity. Completely stopping all HoT ON TOP of already reducing healing by half is just overkill. I assume this was initially done to prevent someone from popping 3 different HoT powers, but now the majority of these don't stack at all and none overlap well.

I just want to bring this issue to attention each time we get a new power with a HoT because anyone who likes to duel or pvp or whatever will look at those powers and go, "Welp, I'd like to use that but HoTs don't work in duels" and once again will instead go with conviction. As far as PVE goes, if enemies are given the ability to apply trauma you would hope as a player with BCR or the Stimpack adv or the ton of other HoTs that you wouldn't get doubly penalized for both having your healing reduced by half and having all healing stopped.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    If the HoT-removal portion on Trauma was removed, where would it even affect PvE? Why worry about changes to powers when they are concerning PvP when it won't even affect PvE in the first place?
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Balance wise, removing the HoT removal effect from trauma would be a disaster for PvP. Duels between people can last a long time, removing this effect will just make duels even longer. Besides, if my theory is correct, the reason they do that is because they do not have it coded to effect HoTs already on the target, thus HoTs already on the target at the time of application would still tick for full amount instead of being reduced. Thus instead they just remove the HoTs. Besides, its easy to reapply a HoT.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Those boots will look kickass with...cardbox armor.
    Oh wait...it allready has boots. ;(
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Ao'Qephuke was nerfed and he is not the Unbeatable monster he used to be in Bursts and Grabs for lowbies
    as he should be, that bloody leech ruined a lot of my dailies because people wouldn't queue for Burst/Grab for 1 1-2 hours​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    On the other note, is it true that Stim Pack CANNOT Critical Hit anymore? Or is it only the Healing over Time that cannot Crit [Citation Needed]​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options

purin1 said:

If the HoT-removal portion on Trauma was removed, where would it even affect PvE? Why worry about changes to powers when they are concerning PvP when it won't even affect PvE in the first place?

Ao.
    Trauma has two portions: Healing reduction, and Heal-over-Time cancellation. If we were to only remove the HoT cancellation, that wouldn't even affect performance against Ao.
  • Options

Balance wise, removing the HoT removal effect from trauma would be a disaster for PvP. Duels between people can last a long time, removing this effect will just make duels even longer.

Hardly anyone uses Trauma anymore in the first place. One can only apply it in melee range now if I'm not mistaken. And the only reason duels can last a long time is because of both people building tanky. Having a HoT or not isn't going to make or break those duels.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    purin1 said:

Hardly anyone uses Trauma anymore in the first place. One can only apply it in melee range now if I'm not mistaken. And the only reason duels can last a long time is because of both people building tanky. Having a HoT or not isn't going to make or break those duels.

Than you'd be screwing over those that actually do use Trauma. I mean seriously, whats the point of this nerf you want? To make it easier to heal in pvp? And its hardly used meaning its not worth taking as it is? So you want to nerf a hardly used power to make it so that HoTs are more viable in pvp? Something doesn't add up. If hardly anyone is using it, that means it is worthless to take in pvp. Yet if you are asking for a nerf, that means the few that use it are winning due to it, and you can't win against them, thus you want it nerfed. See what I mean by something doesn't add up in your arguments?

Hell, given the reasons in your previous post, one could argue using your own points that not only does Trauma NOT need a nerf, but it needs a buff to get it being used again. So I say lets buff Trauma by having it reduce all healing by 100%, except the healing from regen.
  • Options
    I'm not for or against a nerf to Trauma. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.
  • Options
    purin1 said:

I'm not for or against a nerf to Trauma. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.

Ah, ok than.
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    kyastral said:

(Still playing devil's advocate.) Easy answer: because Onslaught is an open pvp event. A player has to turn into a villian and other heroes have to defeat that player. Sounds like pvp to me. Why should players have to do pvp content in order to obtain good popular gear that players only use in pve? That makes no sense to me. Pvp players should have access to great gear designed specifically for pvp when they grind pvp content. I think more people would participate in pvp if they knew there was gear that would help them get a competitive edge against another player. As far as angry players, just read the forums about the next round of power changes. Nothing new there.

Again, just my devil's advocate two cents...:)

Players don't have to do pvp content to get Onslaught gear. I got most of my tokens just from fighting npcs. Still don't see any good reason to make gear pvp only.

Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2016

purin1 said:

Than you'd be screwing over those that actually do use Trauma. I mean seriously, whats the point of this nerf you want? To make it easier to heal in pvp? And its hardly used meaning its not worth taking as it is? So you want to nerf a hardly used power to make it so that HoTs are more viable in pvp? Something doesn't add up. If hardly anyone is using it, that means it is worthless to take in pvp. Yet if you are asking for a nerf, that means the few that use it are winning due to it, and you can't win against them, thus you want it nerfed. See what I mean by something doesn't add up in your arguments?

Hell, given the reasons in your previous post, one could argue using your own points that not only does Trauma NOT need a nerf, but it needs a buff to get it being used again. So I say lets buff Trauma by having it reduce all healing by 100%, except the healing from regen.
    You are making a few assumptions here that are not correct. Trauma is worth taking, but it is not taken as often anymore because duelist go without it as a friendly unspoken agreement (since if everyone takes trauma, nobody can heal with HoT powers and there goes your theme) and because of the meta game. Which is to say, nobody takes HoT powers if you are being serious because if you do that we'll just shut you down with trauma - so I don't need to take trauma cause you know I'll go get it and shut your healing down if you dare.. You will have some people slide HoTs into there build but really... if enough people start to do that then everyone will just go get trauma.

So the point of this "nerf" is to make it viable for other builds and combinations so you don't need to rely on burst heals and can instead take any of the other heals, of which a majority use HoTs. Look, if it is just the concept of a "nerf" someone is against then I wouldn't care if it was buffed in a different way. But atm HoT powers are useless in pvp because of a pvp focused adv that shuts them down for game mechanic reasons that do not come into play in the game.

Players =/= Enemies. What a player wouldn't like isperfectly valid for use against an AI opponent.

And again PvP balancing ruins PvE content when its attempted.it never ends well. Champions is not PvP-focused game, so expecting changes detrimental to the core experience for the sake of a fringe is foolish.

Basically all this is incorrect nonsensical and your assumptions are incorrect as well.^

• Options
    Regarding the whole issue with trauma and HoTs it sounds like what actually needs to happen ks that they need to make trquma apply it's heal debuff to HoTs. HoTs that are already active not getting debuffed shouldn't be seen as an issue to be perfectly honest. HoTs are short durration as is and if the debuff applies to them properly reappllyimg a HoT would result in a weaker HoT due to trauma.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    @gradii

I actually disagree with that. Congress of Selves is a DoT passive. Stacking CC onto that would make it unbalanced, and would also mean that all manipulator builds would have to be telepathy based. Ideally, a CC passive should be like Night Warrior, and work universally with all power sets. The tradeoff for that, is if the CC passive could then be more powerful on its own.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

@gradii

I actually disagree with that. Congress of Selves is a DoT passive. Stacking CC onto that would make it unbalanced, and would also mean that all manipulator builds would have to be telepathy based. Ideally, a CC passive should be like Night Warrior, and work universally with all power sets. The tradeoff for that, is if the CC passive could then be more powerful on its own.

It is worth noting that the bonuses specifically to DoTs from CoS have not worked since before it left the PTS. And the passive has basically become a CC passive anyway via it's advantage. I've proposed a few times before that CoS should just be retooled into a dedicated CC passive, no power-set specification for it's bonuses, just CC's and a minor damage/heal/defense boost that improves appropriately with role... since it's a hybrid passive and can be used in all roles...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    raighn said:

It is worth noting that the bonuses specifically to DoTs from CoS have not worked since before it left the PTS. And the passive has basically become a CC passive anyway via it's advantage. I've proposed a few times before that CoS should just be retooled into a dedicated CC passive, no power-set specification for it's bonuses, just CC's and a minor damage/heal/defense boost that improves appropriately with role... since it's a hybrid passive and can be used in all roles...

Agreed. The "new" telepathy powers were released in a very much not WAI state. Nothing worked as advertised and in the end the DOT's were tweaked to at least make the set desirable.

Right now— as a set it's a hot mess. Which isn't entirely the dev's fault. Telepathy was already in trouble before it was adjusted. The problem is none of the current changes make TP any better. Some would argue they've made it worse. The entire power set needs a review and rethinking. Right now it's a hodge-podge of nerfed powers and poorly implemented fixes.

Re-tooling CoS would be a good start. Changing it up wouldn't matter as it's never worked correctly in the first place.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    The problem with adjusting CoS to be a CC focused passive (which would be a bad move in of itself), is that it is available in every single role, which I think has largely contributed to key portions of the passive not working as they should.

CoS should have remained Support/Balanced role IMO.

As for fixing Congress of Selves...I'd prefer if the passive was simply made to work correctly, as advertised.

The Telepathy changes have made bits of the set more desirable to those who don't want to rank up the DoTs (now they have a static CD) and just add them to a build as additional damage (Crowd Control debuff scaling removal & stopping it from working with Manipulator).

All in all, if you utilize any of the changed powers in a DPS/non Manipulator capacity, this is actually an improvement in some areas. But if you are using it for it's "intended" function (which has been changed for no apparent reason), you are going to be punished.

• Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    opalflame said:

PVP specific gear could be a good change but It should not be Onslaught gear.
    I could elaborate but that would be going too far off topic for this thread. We are really only supposed to be talking about CC changes not how to fix pvp in general.

If someone were to make a thread aimed at going deeper into this topic, I wouldn't mind sharing my thoughts.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

You are making a few assumptions here that are not correct. Trauma is worth taking, but it is not taken as often anymore because duelist go without it as a friendly unspoken agreement (since if everyone takes trauma, nobody can heal with HoT powers and there goes your theme) and because of the meta game. Which is to say, nobody takes HoT powers if you are being serious because if you do that we'll just shut you down with trauma - so I don't need to take trauma cause you know I'll go get it and shut your healing down if you dare.. You will have some people slide HoTs into there build but really... if enough people start to do that then everyone will just go get trauma.

So the point of this "nerf" is to make it viable for other builds and combinations so you don't need to rely on burst heals and can instead take any of the other heals, of which a majority use HoTs. Look, if it is just the concept of a "nerf" someone is against then I wouldn't care if it was buffed in a different way. But atm HoT powers are useless in pvp because of a pvp focused adv that shuts them down for game mechanic reasons that do not come into play in the game.

Basically all this is incorrect nonsensical and your assumptions are incorrect as well.^

All I see here is a bunch of nonsensical assumptions that are incorrect. Except maybe the unspoken agreement, but that's stupid. If the power or device is in the game, than screw your theme, I'm using it for pvp. I don't care if others will cry and whine about it, I will use trauma in pvp.
This discussion has been closed.