test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the Prices in the GCR store too high?

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User

Are the Prices in the GCR store too high? 53 votes

Yes prices are too high/Payouts too low for the time invested into grinding GCR granting content
81% 43 votes
No, I feel rewarded enough for my time invested with current prices and payouts.
18% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Actually, the GCR themselves are alright. The problem comes with how you need SCR along with the GCR and how they're usually the double the number of SCR require for X item than the GCR. Oh and before you ask. SCR dailies god damn dreadful, despite being obtain in a certain number of content.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Needs a "some things are overpriced and some others aren't" option.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Personally, I feel just fine with the GCR reward amount. I'm more worried about the extra SCR that I would need to make purchases from both vendors.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    gcr portion seems ok... is the scr portion and scr prices in genersl that are way to high
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The scr prices are absurd, and not just in that vendor. The prices in all of the recog token vendors are absurd.
    The gcr prices aren't as bad though it still quite the grind.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    hmmm, maybe a reduce in like... 10%? then it seems worth
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Not sure if the prices per se are too much. It's just becoming increasingly difficult to find the right set of people each day to complete the cosmic daily and get the rewards. Too much sitting around waiting for 1 more tank or 1 more healer. Also, fair number of people still who don't have a good grasp of what they do to meaningfully contribute, so lots of time needed still to explain things and they can still fail. I'd wager that a solid group of veterans could do all 3 cosmics in an hour, but that is rare now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Splunge for me.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    try being on the opposite timezone and doing them.basically the weekend is my only chance. It's also cleaning, shopping and other things time too​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm in the "GCR price is fine, but the SCR component has to go" camp. As long as top-end stuff is also demanding what's effectively the lower-tier currency in addition to GCR, nobody has any reason to waste it on the SCR (heroic) gear.

Terrible design decision is terrible, however I suspect it was done to keep the smash/grab/burst alert queues nice and padded. I guess the 2k questionite reward isn't incentive enough or whatever. [insert eyeroll emoji here]

Edit: Aside from adding it to queued content dailies, pretty much every decision involving SCR since the price hike is among the worst I've seen in any cryptic game.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

Not sure if the prices per se are too much. It's just becoming increasingly difficult to find the right set of people each day to complete the cosmic daily and get the rewards. Too much sitting around waiting for 1 more tank or 1 more healer. Also, fair number of people still who don't have a good grasp of what they do to meaningfully contribute, so lots of time needed still to explain things and they can still fail. I'd wager that a solid group of veterans could do all 3 cosmics in an hour, but that is rare now.

Much like the Onslaught stuff some are just choosing to ignore them. The payout isn't worth it to me.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm ignoring Onslaught because i have no interest in the rewards
    The cosmic attacks I'm doing because they are fun, ok frustrating too but still fun​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    aesica said:

I'm in the "GCR price is fine, but the SCR component has to go" camp. As long as top-end stuff is also demanding what's effectively the lower-tier currency in addition to GCR, nobody has any reason to waste it on the SCR (heroic) gear.

This is a good point.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It demands both GCR and SCR to encourage you to do a variety of activities to get the gear. Note "encourage"; you are not required to do a variety of activities, but the fact that you will often end up with enough GCR before you have enough SCR means that you are gently nudged into also doing activities that only give SCR instead of just spamming the same few activities over and over( SCR-only activities are distinct from GCR activities by the fact that they don't require you to find "the right people", meaning they are significantly easier to finish in a solo-friendly manner ). Once again, the system is shown to actively discourage grinding the same thing over and over.

As for why encouraging players to engage in a variety of activities is a smart game design decision, see "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Heroic Gear doesn't really factor in as a reason to remove the SCR cost from anything. To find out why, just compare Heroic Gear to Mercenary Gear. Heroic Gear currently serves as a coincidental gain for those who focus on farming rampages for Justice Gear and don't plan to get Distinguished, as well as the "top set" that strictly solo players can achieve.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

It demands both GCR and SCR to encourage you to do a variety of activities to get the gear. Note "encourage"; you are not required to do a variety of activities, but the fact that you will often end up with enough GCR before you have enough SCR means that you are gently nudged into also doing activities that only give SCR instead of just spamming the same few activities over and over( SCR-only activities are distinct from GCR activities by the fact that they don't require you to find "the right people", meaning they are significantly easier to finish in a solo-friendly manner ).

You're failing to see the point here. I get that perhaps their idea was to have everyone grind the same crap they've been grinding for years already in addition to this newer stuff to get the top-end gear, and that might be fine had they done things differently. However, GCR gear competes with SCR gear for the same resource. This is bad because anyone with common sense isn't going to grind up that nasty amount required for heroic gear, only to turn around and grind up even more of it for distinguished gear. They're just going to skip heroic gear entirely.
    spinnytop said:

Once again, the system is shown to actively discourage grinding the same thing over and over.

As for why encouraging players to engage in a variety of activities is a smart game design decision, see "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".

LOL. Instead it's "grind the same things over and over." Your opinion on what constitutes smart game design is disappointing.
    spinnytop said:

Heroic Gear doesn't really factor in as a reason to remove the SCR cost from anything. To find out why, just compare Heroic Gear to Mercenary Gear. Heroic Gear currently serves as a coincidental gain for those who focus on farming rampages for Justice Gear and don't plan to get Distinguished,

Still, anyone with any sense of planning for possibilities in the future would rather save that SCR, just in case.
    spinnytop said:

as well as the "top set" that strictly solo players can achieve.

Flat out wrong. Strictly solo players can buy Legion gear from the auction house. Sure they can buy heroic there too, but why spend 300-400, only to turn around and save up 600-900 for a Legion piece when you can just go straight for the Legion piece and save a ton of time?

This isn't hyperbole--heroic gear literally has no place in the current progression chain, and GCR items also costing SCR is why.

- - -

Anyway, my point was that the SCR cost on GCR shop items is unnecessary. If it were removed, people would still run the SCR content since there's costume unlocks and still plenty of incentives to run SCR content, plus questionite also comes along with many of the SCR rewards. Everybody likes questionite. Finally, removing the SCR cost from GCR items would finally give heroic gear a proper place in the progression chain:

1) Buy Mercenary gear at 40. Good, easy starting point.
    2) Pick up a few Heroic pieces while engaging in other endgame content, or just by running the daily treadmill.
    3) For the solo player, grind up huge amounts of resources for AH Legion gear.
    4) For group players, run rampages ad nauseum for Justice gear tokens.
    5) Also for group players, grind Tedious Ascendant or the giant-sized animals on your way to Distinguished gear.

As things stand now, 2 gets the axe because eventually, most players want to be getting gear via 5.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    In a way it's much easier to get OV gear than GCR gear. Ca. 10 minutes a day for 50 days will get you 3 pieces.
    draogn said:

Much like the Onslaught stuff some are just choosing to ignore them. The payout isn't worth it to me.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Umm, if you want a full set of Distinguished gear for 1 character you are pretty much going to have to grind the same thing over and over. No other way to do it.
    spinnytop said:

It demands both GCR and SCR to encourage you to do a variety of activities to get the gear. Note "encourage"; you are not required to do a variety of activities, but the fact that you will often end up with enough GCR before you have enough SCR means that you are gently nudged into also doing activities that only give SCR instead of just spamming the same few activities over and over( SCR-only activities are distinct from GCR activities by the fact that they don't require you to find "the right people", meaning they are significantly easier to finish in a solo-friendly manner ). Once again, the system is shown to actively discourage grinding the same thing over and over.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you look at revealed preferences, we can see that people apparently consider GCR prices acceptable -- we have a lot of people doing GCR content., and the basic test for a reward currency is "do people play the content that grants the reward".

By the same theory, it appears that SCR prices/rewards are off -- people don't do the content that rewards SCR, with the exception of Alert dailies, so apparently they consider the rewards not worth the effort.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Umm, if you want a full set of Distinguished gear for 1 character you are pretty much going to have to grind the same thing over and over. No other way to do it.

If you choose to run the same single thing over and over, that's your choice. However, you don't have to do that. There's quite a list of things that drop SCR - and the list keeps growing. The list for GCR keeps growing too.
    aesica said:

However, GCR gear competes with SCR gear for the same resource. This is bad because anyone with common sense isn't going to grind up that nasty amount required for heroic gear, only to turn around and grind up even more of it for distinguished gear. They're just going to skip heroic gear entirely.

And why is this a problem? Folks like you act like it's a huge issue that people are skipping heroic gear, but not a one of you has given a reason why this is actually problematic and worth such a big fuss. Care to take a crack at it?
  • Options
    I'm curious how people are getting these massive quantities of gcr without getting a correspondingly large pile of scr. In my experience, you can't get lots of gcr without also accumulating more scr than you know what to do with (unless you're burning it all on costume pieces, in which case you only have yourself to blame, because that's not how you're supposed to unlock those in the first place).
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Always try to quote the context. E.g. you said: "Once again, the system is shown to actively discourage grinding the same thing over and over." This is obviously not true. There are only 4 ways to get GCR (TA and 3 cosmis). You can't get the gear without the grind. Now if there were a dozen plus ways to get GCR you could legitimately say that a grind (i.e. doing the same limited number of things over and over) is discouraged, but in the current limited context it is encouraged. Also, the sheer fact that there are expensive rewards for GCR shows that the grind is being encouraged (at least in how I understand the word).

Basically, any time you create a system that rewards people to do something you are encouraging them to do that. If cosmics had no rewards most players would be discouraged from attempting them.

Given how the devs abandoned development of the Onslaught system, I am not at all confident that the GCR system will be further developed. Time will tell.
    spinnytop said:

If you choose to run the same single thing over and over, that's your choice. However, you don't have to do that. There's quite a list of things that drop SCR - and the list keeps growing. The list for GCR keeps growing too.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    By the way, GCR from Cosmics takes much more time to get now than when Cosmics were revamped and that event was running.

• Options
    Once I get the other 2 Distinguished pieces I am after I am dropping out of cosmics. Just not enough reward (or fun game play) to justify continuing it.

If you look at revealed preferences, we can see that people apparently consider GCR prices acceptable -- we have a lot of people doing GCR content., and the basic test for a reward currency is "do people play the content that grants the reward&quot..​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options

Always try to quote the context. E.g. you said: "Once again, the system is shown to actively discourage grinding the same thing over and over." This is obviously not true. There are only 4 ways to get GCR (TA and 3 cosmis). You can't get the gear without the grind. Now if there were a dozen plus ways to get GCR you could legitimately say that a grind (i.e. doing the same limited number of things over and over) is discouraged, but in the current limited context it is encouraged. Also, the sheer fact that there are expensive rewards for GCR shows that the grind is being encouraged (at least in how I understand the word).

Basically, any time you create a system that rewards people to do something you are encouraging them to do that. If cosmics had no rewards most players would be discouraged from attempting them

I guess you forgot that the gear, and pretty much all the GCR rewards, also require SCR. Maybe you haven't been doing a lot of GCR content, because if you did you would realize that you don't get enough SCR from them to keep up with the amount of GCR you get, in terms of satisfying the price requirements of the rewards. That means that you might end up with 250 GCR, but still need 100 SCR to get a piece of gear - at this point, you can go and do content that awards only SCR, which is objectively easier content that requires a lot less group member finding and setup than GCR content. If you choose not to, then that's on you - however, the system is set up to encourage you to not just farm GCR content. Even in just GCR content, you already have 4 separate encounters to farm. There's a lot of variety in this system - if you choose to utilize it - and seems there's more to come.

Don't worry, I remembered the context - you just seem to have been unclear that that context included SCR...which is strange because people have been talking about it like crazy in this thread.

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Having to grind a lot to get heroic gear is stupid.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hmm.. In my opinion, there isnt enough GCR opportunities to even THINK about getting that Distinquished Gear; TA and Cosmic Monsters are just not enough ways to bang my head against that wall to work that hard.

We need more ways to obtain GCR; in fact, I think that Rampages should drop Q, SCR and GCR like the Cosmic Monsters/TA does and Adventure packs should drop Q, Until token packs, SCR packs and Justice gear components. Until missions could become viable again if they offered SCR packs and Q for EACH mission completed and GCR/Q when the final mission is complete. Since Unity missions have a 20 hour cooldown, the devs can offer higher amounts than normal to complete them. The same could be done for Unity 2 missions; imagine, more players actually participating in Unity 2 missions...

In my opinion, the easiest way to upgrade gear is to use Nemesis/Heirloom gear first, then Mercenary and then Legion with no regard to whether I'm soloing or grouping. I know that the secondaries from the GCR store are good, but again they are not worth that grind right now.

Oh.... and yes I think the GCR/SCR prices are just too high, no matter how you slice it.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

However, GCR gear competes with SCR gear for the same resource. This is bad because anyone with common sense isn't going to grind up that nasty amount required for heroic gear, only to turn around and grind up even more of it for distinguished gear. They're just going to skip heroic gear entirely.

And why is this a problem? Folks like you act like it's a huge issue that people are skipping heroic gear, but not a one of you has given a reason why this is actually problematic and worth such a big fuss. Care to take a crack at it?
    Because it's trap gear, something only new, unwitting players will spend SCR on. As long as distinguished and heroic gear share a currency, there's going to be a right thing and a wrong thing to spend SCR on. Heroic gear could have a valid place in the progression chain--I already explained this--but it won't as long as it competes with distinguished gear.

Even to someone like me, who doesn't really bother with the current GCR content, I find it wiser to sit on my SCR just in case future GCR content comes along that's more appealing to me. If I instead bought a full set of heroic primaries, all I've really done is waste SCR that could've covered the SCR portion of a piece of distinguished gear.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    "trap gear"? Nah. I don't feel my SCR was wasted on it. Thing is you "progression chain" concept is pointless. I STARTED with Heroic. To me, the lower stuff wasn't worth picking up at all.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Then you either got your heroic gear before the price hike, or your characters are already fully decked out in distinguished gear (or you're 100% certain you'll never, ever bother with GCR gear) and you don't want anything else from the SCR or GCR shops.

Other than that, you could've instead just farmed resources (in less time) and bought them from the auction house, or farmed a bit more resources and skipped straight to Legion gear. Heroic gear isn't really that much of a step up from mercenary gear to be worth that amount of SCR, since 3 pieces of heroic is nearly equal to the SCR portion of 1 piece of distinguished.
  • Options
    aesica said:

Because it's trap gear, something only new, unwitting players will spend SCR on.

I don't buy that for a second. The gold vendor is right next to the silver vendor, and the costs for everything are plainly laid out for both. As you level up you're introduced to the concept of multiple vendors, so you would already know to check for more vendors, and the Gold vendor has the central position in that area so the player's interest is naturally drawn to it. Anyone buying Heroic Gear is doing so intentionally, not accidentally. Stop trying to characterize new players as dimwitted buffoons.

Fact is, Heroic Gear doesn't have a place in the current meta other than as the end gear for a specific niche of players. Purple gear is meant to be special, something you strive for, but Heroic Gear stat-wise doesn't live up to any sort of standard. It shouldn't even be purple gear, so hey just make it blue right? We already have a blue version of Heroic Gear, it's called Mercenary. That spot on the ladder already has an entry, so Heroic Gear gets relegated to what it is now - niche purple gear, the lowest purple gear with stats that match the challenges you face to acquire it, i.e. silver challenges.

Basically, you just need to get over Heroic Gear. Stop trying to get it back, stop trying to get it removed, stop even thinking about it since by your own admission it has no effect on you and no relevancy to your experience in the game. The "new players will get fooled into getting it!" angle is a joke - the game already does enough to ensure that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    There's way too much potato in your post, so I'm only going to bother with this bit:
    spinnytop said:

Basically, you just need to get over Heroic Gear. Stop trying to get it back, stop trying to get it removed, stop even thinking about it since by your own admission it has no effect on you and no relevancy to your experience in the game. The "new players will get fooled into getting it!" angle is a joke - the game already does enough to ensure that doesn't happen.

What admission is this? Don't try to put words in my mouth that I didn't even say. The current state of heroic gear and the SCR failure actually does affect me. As a casual player, I'd be inclined to buy heroic gear for various alts (even with its current cost) if SCR wasn't also a currency for something far better. What if I level an alt, but don't have any real plans for it after 40 other than something to play for fun from time to time? Should I burn its SCR on heroic gear, since this character is part of the supposed niche? What if later on down the road, that alt really grows on me and I decide to gear it up with a set of distinguished gear? Well damn, I just pissed away an entire distinguished piece's SCR cost on something barely better than Mercenary gear. Oops! I guess I fell into the trap. ("Trap" doesn't imply that new players are buffoons. Those are your horrible words)

If everything in the GCR shop didn't also cost SCR, I'd be able to naturally progress from mercenary gear to heroic gear without feeling like I was wasting SCR on the "wrong" gear. From there, I could decide if that was good enough, or if I wanted to push even higher--into rampages or TA, giant animal killing, or whatever gets added in the future.

I'm really not trying to be rude here, but I don't get why you seem to cheerlead every decision the devs make or have made. I don't really care why you do, either. You just need to realize that not every decision they've made is good, because they're only human and humans make mistakes. Sure, they've done a lot of great things since I started playing back in December, but they've also made some real blunders--something newer devs are wont to do. Adding SCR costs to GCR items is definitely one of the biggest, if not the biggest. What if they also tacked on other currencies to the cost? Tokens for nemesis, villain/guardian, pvp (?), snakebucks, or whatever else? Would you support that, too? Of course you would, because just look at all the things you're being "gently nudged" into grinding after you grind your GCR!

Maybe you're the one who needs to get over things. It's okay to let people voice their opinions without having to toddle over every time, click the "quote" button, and say in so many words, "NO YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!" I get that it's very easy for someone like you, who runs all the endgame content, to say "hay guys heroic gear is just fine as is" because it doesn't affect you. Your fresh 40s will grab some merc gear, then either jump straight into cosmics & TA or grind out a few rampage pieces first. Heroic gear doesn't affect you, so what do you know about whether it has a place or not in the progression chain? Simply put, you don't.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    The store should not require SCR along with GCR.

SCR was reduced to a worthless pile of something and Cryptic should stop at this. Retire it as a broken trap expense for people who are new and don't know better but leave GCR free of association with it.

You don't fix content not being appealing after you broke pricing, Cryptic, by making it required for other content, but by fixing broken prices you introduced before.

Oh, wait, who I am talking too? Cryptic was literally never able to weight properly rewards to effort in CO.

And yes, having a better tier of gear bought with same currency as overpriced heroic gear makes heroics even more sh1t-tier level redundant. Just delete heroics from the game already... You broke it enough, nobody seriously needs it anymore.​​
  • Options
    emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @aesica
    Don't bother arguing with spinny, it's a waste of time :lol:

I quit the game a few months ago, soon after the entire SCR spike happened. I decided to maybe come here and ask if anything happened in these few months that would make getting decent gear for alts easier but... this thread was the first thing i saw, and i'm afraid i got the answer before i could even ask the question. Devs being devs, i suppose.

Back to the void with me, hang in there guys.
    Hell, i'm surprised this game is still not dead. That's... half-impressive.
    Hopefully it will be after a few more months. I'll monitor once in a while and come to the funeral. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    aesica said:

spinnytop said:

aesica said:

Because it's trap gear, something only new, unwitting players will spend SCR on. As long as distinguished and heroic gear share a currency, there's going to be a right thing and a wrong thing to spend SCR on. Heroic gear could have a valid place in the progression chain--I already explained this--but it won't as long as it competes with distinguished gear.

Even to someone like me, who doesn't really bother with the current GCR content, I find it wiser to sit on my SCR just in case future GCR content comes along that's more appealing to me. If I instead bought a full set of heroic primaries, all I've really done is waste SCR that could've covered the SCR portion of a piece of distinguished gear.
    The purpose of heroic gear is that while you're grinding for other things you want you'll end up with a big pile of scr as well (because everything gives scr these days; cosmics, alert dailies, unity, etc), and then you use that to outfit some of your alts with heroic gear that you don't want to specifically grind gear for.

Maybe you want to outfit all your characters with distinguished or cosmic stuff, but some people don't. Some people want to focus on their main and then just give their alts something that is "good enough". That is what Heroic Gear is for.

That doesn't necessarily mean the prices are right, but Heroic Gear does have its place. I should know; I fall into the category I described above.
    Post edited by reaperwithnoname#5949 on
  • Options
    what is this big pile of scr you are referring to? i hardly have any, and distinguished gear ate what i had up
  • Options
    aesica said:

What if I level an alt, but don't have any real plans for it after 40 other than something to play for fun from time to time?

Get mercenary gear for it, problem solved.
  • Options
    aesica said:

Then you either got your heroic gear before the price hike, or your characters are already fully decked out in distinguished gear (or you're 100% certain you'll never, ever bother with GCR gear) and you don't want anything else from the SCR or GCR shops.

Other than that, you could've instead just farmed resources (in less time) and bought them from the auction house, or farmed a bit more resources and skipped straight to Legion gear. Heroic gear isn't really that much of a step up from mercenary gear to be worth that amount of SCR, since 3 pieces of heroic is nearly equal to the SCR portion of 1 piece of distinguished.

Except that I find it easier to farm the SCR. Like others said a few dailies and I can get 12 or more a day.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

What if I level an alt, but don't have any real plans for it after 40 other than something to play for fun from time to time?

Get mercenary gear for it, problem solved.
    Or just use all that gear you picked up while leveling... it'll be just fine for a good 80% of content including all of the alerts.

• Options
    I still use Nemesis gear on some level 40 toons, and I will use Aurum gear on one toon while he farms for something better.
    Why not?

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I bought my first item from the GCR store yesterday, it was a piece of secondary offence, I just went to the store to have a look, had no idea I could actually afford anything.. I've only done TA like 1 1/2 times and maybe a dozen or so cosmic fights...I think maybe I got some GCR during the nightmare invasion? maybe that would explain it... anyway not a lot of grinding was involved and I got something shiny..it did take me a while but I've also been playing less CO lately.(I had to complete my first run through of darksouls 1 and begin playing darksouls 3 after all)

• Options
    beezeeze said:

I bought my first item from the GCR store yesterday, it was a piece of secondary offence, I just went to the store to have a look, had no idea I could actually afford anything.. I've only done TA like 1 1/2 times and maybe a dozen or so cosmic fights...I think maybe I got some GCR during the nightmare invasion? maybe that would explain it... anyway not a lot of grinding was involved and I got something shiny..it did take me a while but I've also been playing less CO lately.(I had to complete my first run through of darksouls 1 and begin playing darksouls 3 after all)

A dozen cosmic fights, plus 1 complete TA, and completing the Cosmics daily nets you enough for a secondary.
    It isn't that big a deal.

Granted, it is harder to complete that daily now.

• Options
    xacchaeus said:

what is this big pile of scr you are referring to? i hardly have any, and distinguished gear ate what i had up

I have more scr than I know what to do with, just from doing cosmics and the occasional alert daily or steel crusade: heat wave (questionite is the only thing I really need). Meanwhile, the vast majority of my gcr is from cosmics, and I only have 700 or so of that (I don't actually care about gcr; I do the content for fun and the challenge of it). In the time since cosmics were updated, I've earned at least twice as much scr as gcr, and that's without specifically farming for scr. If I was doing rampages or unity as well, I would easily be able to afford heroic gear in addition to whatever gcr thing I might want to farm. As it is, I keep hitting the scr cap every couple of weeks and having to give heroic gear to some random person in my SG.
  • Options

As it is, I keep hitting the scr cap every couple of weeks and having to give heroic gear to some random person in my SG.

I thought it became BoP, like many other recog items.

I think what it boils down to is that really top-tier gear will take a long time for players who don't have a lot of play time, possibly a really long time. That hasn't been true in Champs since before On Alert. For many players, it is a huge change. For old-timers, and for people used to some other MMOs, it is fairly common.

• Options
    nope BoE
  • Options
    last I checked it was CBoE. I'm pretty sure the SCR change is because the original prices assumed that the sources were fewer, but as it is now, 30 is chump change.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    gradii said:

You obviously never use any. Theres a limit to how much SCR you can get a day you know.

Not that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    emperornf said:

Hell, i'm surprised this game is still not dead. That's... half-impressive.
    Hopefully it will be after a few more months. I'll monitor once in a while and come to the funeral. :p

:open_mouth:

Nothing will happen in a few months. Both peak and average player numbers have not gone down in the past 2 years. Maybe come back in a few years. Or maybe just don't come back.