test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cybermind - Unreasonable expectations

So I just tried to do Cybermind with a pick-up-group, and oh boy, what a disaster once we reached the boss. First, nobody knew what to do even when Socrates told them. Now, it's not that people are stupid, but the information is conveyed poorly or what she says does not line up with what you observe during the fight.

See, at first, the group thought we needed to jump into a colored pillar based on what color square Cybermind was standing on. He was standing on yellow, so we jumped into the yellow light and then we got one-shotted.

Next, he was standing on red, so we jumped in the red light and then jumped onto his red square with him. Everyone was one-shotted.

So, nobody knew what to do, despite the game trying and failing to tell you what to do. I even went online for a guide, and even then the guide had me mystified. Almost like all the information in the guide and the game is conflicting and wrong.

Now I move onto my second point, is this kind of boss fight reasonable for a pug system? Do you edxpect everyone in the whole game, no matter how new they are, to be able to get this done? Especially with the inaccurate information provided. This is a boss fight that should be an instanced boss fight, like Teilios Tower, Stronghold, The Viper Nest, and so forth. I'd recommend either tweaking it to be less of a drag, actually making it perfectly clear what you're supposed to do, or make it an instanced dungeon. I've seen people mock Cybermind in Zone chat, and it's no wonder hardly anyone was queueing for it and it took me a long time to get into the alert itself, which made it all the more of a shock when I realized how bad and unreasonable Cybermind was. Doesn't that tell you something? That nobody wants to do Cybermind and it is the subject of ridicule?

Now don't get me wrong, I like this game, but there is a serious problem the developers have with conveying accurate information. This is a problem I've been experiencing all through the leveling process as well as in the Zen Store, information is worded poorly, not specific enough, and so on, and I'm constantly seeing people in Zone chat asking for help in understanding what the game/the zen store is trying to tell them.

Please do not see this as an attack on the game or the developers, I only want the game to be improved. Yes-Men and Fan-Boys lead only to ruin, improve the game, speak up and let the developers know, they will appreciate the feedback.

Comments

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    It gets worse! There's a sound bug such that sometimes Socrates' voiceovers don't even play.

Sounds like that might have happened to you, actually; her statement for the data rain attack is "enable colored upgrade and then stand on a matching surface" - I.E. what you said you did the second time (move into red pillar, get buff, then go stand on red square) was correct.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Next, he was standing on red, so we jumped in the red light and then jumped onto his red square with him. Everyone was one-shotted.

That's odd -- that should have worked. When the squares light up, you're supposed to go to a pillar of light matching the color of the square you want to stand on, then run to stand on that square; if you're melee you want the square he's on, if you're ranged you might want one of the outer squares.

Now I move onto my second point, is this kind of boss fight reasonable for a pug system? Do you edxpect everyone in the whole game, no matter how new they are, to be able to get this done?

The fight is not especially complicated, asking about in any of the more active chat channels will likely get you someone who can explain it, and possibly team with you (if you team queue, your entire team gets put in the instance together). I agree that the game's explanation of the fight isn't very good, though.

Especially with the inaccurate information provided. This is a boss fight that should be an instanced boss fight

It is an instanced boss fight.

I've seen people mock Cybermind in Zone chat

I suspect most of that is because of a different issue with Cybermind: the alert has bugs that cause it to sometimes not give credit (I don't think anyone's isolated the root cause of that).
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Posts: 19 Arc User
    Quote your post is a web code nightmare pantagrue, so I will just type out the part I want to respond to myself.

"it IS an instanced"
    What I meant was, an actual "dungeon" you go to. I all ready explained what I meant so I'm surprised you pointed this out.

"That's odd -- that should have worked."
    Which is probably why I thought the information Socrates was giving me was wrong. I stood on the Red Square and was killed in a few consecutive ticks of, whatever he hit me with.

As for the sound bug, yeah, I got a few moments where text was appearing at the bottom of the screen, where Cybermind was talking to us, but no dialogue was heard.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

That's odd -- that should have worked. When the squares light up, you're supposed to go to a pillar of light matching the color of the square you want to stand on, then run to stand on that square; if you're melee you want the square he's on, if you're ranged you might want one of the outer squares.
    1 out of 2.

They were either not getting to the panel in time (1 tick should not one shot though)

or

They jumped in and out of the light too quick and didnt receive the corresponding buff.

Or they could be dieing to Cybermind's attack since they do residual AoE damage, but it's not enough to one shot even the squishiest of players.

To break down the fight:

1st Bar is basic mechanic. He turns on the panels on the floor, you go stand 1 sec in the corresponding light till you get the buff, then go stand in the respective panel. Even if you are melee without lunge you got enough time to do so before he fires his AoE unless you were standing opposite from the light you needed, which you shouldn't do. He doesn't move from the middle of the arena for a reason. You are supposed to fight him there.

2nd Bar he will summon 3 colored squares. You can only damage the square after getting the corresponding light buff, ie. to damage red square go stand in red light. After killing all squares he reverts to 1st bar mechanics.

3rd Bar he will grow large and turn into a color. Whoever has aggro should get the matching color buff because after a while he will start doing huge unblockable damage on whoever has aggro.

I agree the information is not well conveyed ingame, but after the first wipe through observation and analysis you can figure out the gimmick that will carry you throughout the whole fight. First time I did it I was expecting the gimmick to switch on his last bar and have you get an opposite color (Red for Blue, Blue for Yellow, Yellow for Red, or sth like that), but nope. Once you figure it out there is nothing hard about this fight.
    lezard21 said:

1 out of 2.

They were either not getting to the panel in time (1 tick should not one shot though)

or

They jumped in and out of the light too quick and didnt receive the corresponding buff.

Or they weren't actually standing in the square, though you'd expect that to not hit everyone.
    lezard21 said:

2nd Bar he will summon 3 colored squares. You can only damage the square after getting the corresponding light buff, ie. to damage red square go stand in red light. After killing all squares he reverts to 1st bar mechanics.

3-4 colored cubes, not squares. Also, you can't get a color buff until your previous color buff has worn off, so don't everyone jump in one color or you'll be unable to kill off the others until your buff ends.
    lezard21 said:

3rd Bar he will grow large and turn into a color. Whoever has aggro should get the matching color buff because after a while he will start doing huge unblockable damage on whoever has aggro.

Pretty sure he does it to random targets.
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    I just crash.

And if I don't crash, the mission still doesn't count as completed. I just dropped Vigilance on all my toons. It's not possible to complete.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    the umbrella protection doesn't always go on, when you go under the lights, it takes about a second, so you can go into the red light, stand on the red square ans still get one shotted, It happens to me regularly.
    you missed out his aoe atatck which happens just after everyone has run to the lights then squares, I block as soon as I get on the square to avoid getting splatted.

get killed when he does and you stay in the room, while everyone else goes to the reward room.

you get dc'd while in the alert, you go to the front room and can't get back in.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    That it doesn't let you back in when you d/c is the only real irritating part for me. I get a crash-to-desktop on the third phase a lot, and it's frustrating to get locked out due to that.
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User

That it doesn't let you back in when you d/c is the only real irritating part for me. I get a crash-to-desktop on the third phase a lot, and it's frustrating to get locked out due to that.

Does it count as completed if you beat him, though? For me it doesn't...
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

I suspect most of that is because of a different issue with Cybermind: the alert has bugs that cause it to sometimes not give credit (I don't think anyone's isolated the root cause of that).

One theory I've seen (but have yet to verify myself) that makes a lot of sense is that, during his last phase, he supposedly damages himself at some point. If this damage results in the killing blow, then nobody gets credit.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    At least you guys are getting to Cybermind, I've been in three separate groups today that can't even get past the walls.

For some reason "No AoE attacks" is confusing to some people.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I take it that it's this guide you're following?

If there's anything you want cleared up, please let me know.
    guyhumual said:

At least you guys are getting to Cybermind, I've been in three separate groups today that can't even get past the walls.

AoEs do not trigger the regeneration of the walls. The regeneration triggers if the currently damageable wall is not being hit.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

bluhman said:

guyhumual said:

AoEs do not trigger the regeneration of the walls. The regeneration triggers if the currently damageable wall is not being hit.
    Hmm, so attacking the black walls don't trigger the regeneration?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2016

And it still happens today. If it wasn't a requirement for Vigilance, I would NEVER touch this quest because how stupid the Disconnection are.
    guyhumual said:

bluhman said:

guyhumual said:

Hmm, so attacking the black walls don't trigger the regeneration?
    Yes
    I'll have to test this tomorrow, so this guy's been out for nearly 3 years (it'll be 3 years this August) and there's clearly misconceptions about one if it's key mechanics. That's clearly a problem.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Cybermind is super easy once you figure out his Colour-puzzles
    bluhman wrote: »
    197.gif
    Im sick of this, i have run the hell out of this alert thousands of times with my Alts to know
    I don't know who spreaded this fake rumor, but it REALLY gets on my nerves
    It's true, attacking the black walls DOES NOT make the walls regen
    Those people DON'T even attack the active firewalls to stop the Regen​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    In the firewalls stage, the red walls have a regen buff that heals all mobs and walls. You even see an icon, sometimes x2.
    To cancel, simply deliver some damage to the wall until the buff disappears.

This is similar to the DPS check on Teleiosaurus.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    avianos said:

Cybermind is super easy once you figure out his Colour-puzzles

bluhman wrote: »

197.gif

Im sick of this, i have run the hell out of this alert thousands of times with my Alts to know

I don't know who spreaded this fake rumor, but it REALLY gets on my nerves

It's true, attacking the black walls DOES NOT make the walls regen

Those people DON'T even attack the active firewalls to stop the Regen​​

The main point, though, is "is it reasonable to expect a pug to do this" ? If it requires a trained and coordinated team to be assembled before running, then it shouldn't be on Alert. And as all ready discussed, it's also buggy and doesn't convey information to the players properly.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    From my experience, you only need to hit the active wall once to deactivate the regen buff, but it doesn't hurt to hit it a couple of times to be sure.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    IIRC during phase 1 the boss fight works better if you have a character on the same square as Cybermind. If you don't have anyone there, he'll tend to target other toons with an attack which can knock them off the safe square. It helps if the toon on the centre square has the ability to attract Cybermind's aggro but it'snot essential (I've done it with a Radiant AT).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    It's never a bad idea of have a good solid aggro grabbing tank on the same square as cyperspud. Makes it easier for everyone else (assuming they otherwise know the drill!).

IIRC during phase 1 the boss fight works better if you have a character on the same square as Cybermind. If you don't have anyone there, he'll tend to target other toons with an attack which can knock them off the safe square. It helps if the toon on the centre square has the ability to attract Cybermind's aggro but it'snot essential (I've done it with a Radiant AT).

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User

The main point, though, is "is it reasonable to expect a pug to do this" ? If it requires a trained and coordinated team to be assembled before running, then it shouldn't be on Alert. And as all ready discussed, it's also buggy and doesn't convey information to the players properly.

It is fully reasonable to expect PUGs to be able to do this.

Everything that the Cybermind alert asks you to do does not strictly require multiple people. In fact, you could solo the whole alert and be able to complete it if one had enough stats; unlike lairs such as Teleios Ascendant or Therakiel Temple, there's no mechanics in the instance that require you to work directly with ally positioning and condition to keep your team alive (i.e. coordinate) - everything players do to survive in Cybermind, they do purely to keep themselves alive.

Granted, being forced to solo Cybermind due to all your allies dying does make the alert take ages, since you're basically going at 1/5th the normal speed, so I prefer to teach others how to move properly to keep themselves alive.

I fully agree, the messages the game gives out to survive his attacks are buggy and insufficient, but once you actually understand how it works it really isn't hard to get by at all.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Now I move onto my second point, is this kind of boss fight reasonable for a pug system? Do you edxpect everyone in the whole game, no matter how new they are, to be able to get this done? Especially with the inaccurate information provided. This is a boss fight that should be an instanced boss fight, like Teilios Tower, Stronghold, The Viper Nest, and so forth.

Um... this IS an instanced boss fight. If you put together a team of 5 and then queue for the Alert, that team of 5 will show up. No reason to PuG it.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Glitches I saw when doing it Saturday: going to the yellow pillar gave me the RED buff, or vice versa.... at random. And sometimes it just doesn't work even when you have the right color buff. So it's not JUST that it's confusing, it's glitchy and you might die even if you do it right.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I saw an interesting glitch yesterday, too: I got the red buff to fight the orbs, and two times the buff timer ran out, then refreshed back to maximum while I was fighting orbs in the middle of the room. Sad thing was, the red orb had been defeated.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Note also that there are a good number of people who can solo this and carry an entire PUG team (assuming that they don't die and get locked out of the last fight).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    glortor said:

Does it count as completed if you beat him, though? For me it doesn't...
    If I log back in and the rest of the team can complete it while I'm hanging out with Dr. Silverback, I usually get credit. But that doesn't always happen.

Note also that there are a good number of people who can solo this and carry an entire PUG team (assuming that they don't die and get locked out of the last fight).

Those people are extremely rare and this is a pug alert random people of varying skill and experience are queueing for. Anything that requires training, intense team-coordination and gearing should not be an Alert.
    edited June 2016

Now I move onto my second point, is this kind of boss fight reasonable for a pug system? Do you edxpect everyone in the whole game, no matter how new they are, to be able to get this done? Especially with the inaccurate information provided. This is a boss fight that should be an instanced boss fight, like Teilios Tower, Stronghold, The Viper Nest, and so forth.

Um... this IS an instanced boss fight. If you put together a team of 5 and then queue for the Alert, that team of 5 will show up. No reason to PuG it.
    What I mean is, a world "dungeon" is different to a pug queue alert. For exmaple, Teilios Tower, Therakiel's Cathedral and Meraeu's Lab are dungeons, not pug queue alerts. Cybermind should be like those, not an alert. It should also be reliably functional, and not a dysfunctional, bugged, glitchy unfair mess.
    So, if anyone is interested, I tried attacking the red walls and it did seem to stop the regeneration for the most part, there was a split second where the walls got regeneration even though I was continually attacking them, but it might have been the case that I wasn't dealing enough damage. That didn't happen, that I could tell, when there were two of us attacking the walls.

As to the actual cybermind fight: I have soloed it before, the number of probes you fight seems to scale, less people means less probes. Sadly though I didn't get credit and so I needed to fight him again. That's my biggest beef with the Cybermind alert: occasionally not getting credit. It happened once this cycle.

Those people are extremely rare and this is a pug alert random people of varying skill and experience are queueing for. Anything that requires training, intense team-coordination and gearing should not be an Alert.
    Those people aren't that rare, but very few of them want to solo cybermind, so they're not that likely to solo queue.
    I have at least 10 characters that could solo it (to varying degrees of efficiency). I'd wager that most of the folks showing up to hunt cosmics (not including dedicated healers) can do it as well. This is not so rare. Of course there's no guarantee that such a character will be in a PUG.

JwLmWoa.png

I have at least 10 characters that could solo it (to varying degrees of efficiency). I'd wager that most of the folks showing up to hunt cosmics (not including dedicated healers) can do it as well.

I could probably do it on my dedicated healer, assuming I didn't go to sleep before the fight ended.
    I remember one run where I was apparently the only one fighting the walls.... So I got to watch as it cycled around and for whatever reason only wall #1 (the one closest to the exit) regened By the end I'd gotten almost all the other walls down near their breaking point. Then one broke and we were done.

Most alerts people just pile onto wall #1 and it's over in a few secs.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    My experiences are: wall regeneration is triggered by hitting black walls, but it's also suppressed by hitting red ones - and the suppression effect takes precedence.

So the easy way to avoid excessive regeneration is to just go around hitting red walls.

The no AoEs tactic does work if everyone goes along with it - but risks backfiring horribly if your team isn't all on the same page.
    Honestly... I'm thinking the right answer is that the walls just get a regen buff based on a timer.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    True enough. I'm sure I could do it with mine too, but given how long it takes a single tank to do it I can't imagine doing it with a real healer.

I have at least 10 characters that could solo it (to varying degrees of efficiency). I'd wager that most of the folks showing up to hunt cosmics (not including dedicated healers) can do it as well.

I could probably do it on my dedicated healer, assuming I didn't go to sleep before the fight ended.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User

Lol this is something that pisses me off. People that end up going AFK after the Firewall stage, I've seen this happen enough that for the part, I simply just quit because I have no interest in soloing something like this.

Bluhman's guide was the first thing that popped up on Steam Overlay. After spending enough time reading it, I figured out what to do by that point.

His guide would've been enough, but considering the numerous number of problems this custom alert has(excluding everything else in this game not working or bugged), majority of this joke of community with high hatred towards alot of things(including this custom alert) and several attempts that I try and explain what to do to those rando ATs or FFs that had just recently got into the game and not have them listen to me at all, I suspected it was NOT enough.

I run a 50/50 chance of someone decided to zerg-rush the Cybermind room and lock everyone else out vs there not being enough DPS to destroy the Firewalls.
    edited June 2016
    Complaining that you can't do it when you don't know how is just silly. That's like saying a bike is too hard to ride before you've tried. There is no expectation that everyone should be able to faceroll the custom alerts first time without any clue. It is not an unreasonable expectation that people need to read a guide before doing it. Or that an experienced player might need to explain how to do it to a new player. Needing to lrn2play is not an unreasonable expectation.

Also, as has been stated, there is no reason you need to do it with a bunch of clueless newbies, if you don't want to help them. Put together an experienced team and queue it up. You are just making it harder on yourself on purpose and then complaining about it because you don't want to take advantage of the features of the game available to you. That's all you.

The glitches are an entirely other story.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    As far as those walls go, I am still not convinced of this heal stuff. I have been on knowledgeable teams, all of whom assumed that shooting the black walls causes regen and therefore did not bother to shoot any red walls except the first. We have sat quietly through entire rounds without anyone shooting any walls and there has been no perceptible regen on the main wall. Over the years, this has happened many times. Now I want to put together a team and test it.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User

Complaining that you can't do it when you don't know how is just silly. That's like saying a bike is too hard to ride before you've tried. There is no expectation that everyone should be able to faceroll the custom alerts first time without any clue. It is not an unreasonable expectation that people need to read a guide before doing it. Or that an experienced player might need to explain how to do it to a new player. Needing to lrn2play is not an unreasonable expectation.

Also, as has been stated, there is no reason you need to do it with a bunch of clueless newbies, if you don't want to help them. Put together an experienced team and queue it up. You are just making it harder on yourself on purpose and then complaining about it because you don't want to take advantage of the features of the game available to you. That's all you.

The glitches are an entirely other story.

I thought I was stating the obvious here by saying that the community is expecting Cybermind changed and to be queued more often cuz people maybe for once read the damn guide and even if you do manage to get that MLG pro team to queue it with them, what would that matter because most will simply just be stingy anyways because who honestly with a straight face at this point, like this custom alert?

Not even a matter of me specifically.
    What I mean is, a world "dungeon" is different to a pug queue alert. For exmaple, Teilios Tower, Therakiel's Cathedral and Meraeu's Lab are dungeons, not pug queue alerts. Cybermind should be like those, not an alert. It should also be reliably functional, and not a dysfunctional, bugged, glitchy unfair mess.

I like the Cybermind story arc. I think the three missions are good trainers for players trying to get their head around the tougher enemies and more complex mechanics of lair and upper-tier missions. Bugs are obviously bad but the only design element which is poor is the player lockout mechanism. New player mistakes shouldn't inconvenience and punish other players to the extent of being completely locked out. It's unnecessarily punitive and really should be time locked - 30 seconds to 1 minute.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I have not, this go-round, encountered any players in any of my PUGs that wanted to rush Cybermind and lock out others.
    In fact, most players seem to take a couple of steps into the room and then actually wait for everyone else.

I did have one group with someone that did not know the fight, said nothing until after they were KOed, and then spent the entire rest of the fight complaining about things.

That was a slow fight... I *do* show up to fight cosmics and have zero desire to solo Cybermind unless necessary.
    I mean, why? It's not a challenge so much as it is just repetitive.
    Yeah, you still need to handle all of the color puzzles, but they aren't complicated. That's mostly a "can I beat Cybermind before someone knocks on my door for some reason" or a "Can I beat Cybermind before I have to go to the bathroom" challenge, not a game-skill or build challenge.
    For me, after learning how it works.... there's no reason to do it except vigilance. AFAIK there is no actual reward for the mission itself but a few resources.... not much there either. Not much of an incentive to do it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Cybermind occasionally rewards an action figure, such as Socrates (bound), and rarely rewards a costume piece.
    Seems about as rare as getting a reward from Forum Malvanum.

I think there are more rewards possible if you do it as the culmination of the three part story arc. But rewards should be improved for it, really, considering what drops from the other Custom Alerts. Warlord and Hi-Pan are pretty generous in comparison.
    Cybermind has a rare action figure and three rare costume parts, and is significantly less annoying than Forum Malvanum, which has a similar list of rare drops if you complete. Of the other alerts, GRAB and Green Dragon have no interesting drops, Red Winter has one rare drop (but has the benefit of being very very fast), Hi Pan has two rares (left/right eye) and a bunch of fairly common stuff, Warlord has a couple of rare costume parts and a rare core.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User

Of the other alerts, GRAB and Green Dragon have no interesting drops

They both give the player a resource buff, which stacks with the other resource buff, and you could get up to 5.1g from each smash alone, not counting the few +10s N.

For me, after learning how it works.... there's no reason to do it except vigilance. AFAIK there is no actual reward for the mission itself but a few resources.... not much there either. Not much of an incentive to do it.

If you pick up the daily mission from Socrates, you get 5 SCR as a completion award (like Lt. Patil gives for every other alert). You do have to complete the first two non-alert missions to unlock the Alert mission, but only once.

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    wait.. Socrates? I hate that crazy computer... no wonder I never found it. It ALWAYS shows Fatal Error, no matter how many times you've done the mission, so I don't actually know if it has missions worth doing.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters