test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nighmare Invasion on a Scale 1-10

stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
With 10 being the most positive, how satisfied are you with the Nightmare Invasion Content?

Nighmare Invasion on a Scale 1-10 63 votes

11%
codewar65baelogventurenbkxsrslvfzgraighndarqaura2cosmic#8121 7 votes
1%
misterspider 1 vote
1%
cptmassive1 1 vote
11%
itsbrou#5396friezalivesondraognrevanantmoriturixacchaeusthatcursedwolfdiggot 7 votes
6%
morigosaaesicagradiiaymeric0987 4 votes
15%
stergaroyalflvshbluhmanseeker1235hasukurobijennymachxcrashjrivevioletnychusgrimvanesquirrelloid 10 votes
19%
ruprechtvandoom1bluegrassbeastjaazaniah1mithrosnomoredeadman20lezard21roughbearmattachguyhumualhighrealityallthebucketspiotrtiberiusbreadandcircuses 12 votes
28%
kallethentigerofcachticepantagruel01riveroceanchampionshewolfchaelkkemmicalsstellariodragonphasestarchaosdrgnz43markhawkmankrazykarazanavianosxrazamaxsapphiechuqawsadaorlokk88whiteprivilege#4104 18 votes
3%
nephtspinnytop 2 votes
1%
megaskullmon 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Most of these polls have been pretty strong 8s, which is pretty good for a small dev team. Anything stronger you'd need a full team IMHO. We players really appreciate all the hard work. :3​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Honestly... the horrors aren't anywhere near as hard as you'd expect when you listen to people whine...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    Pretty rad. I'm liking this so far.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Meh no perks, mobs which fail at applying knock resist, seems half finished. It's fun but could have been so much more.

No perks? There are 4 of them, 1 for colossi, 1 for the gateways, 1 for the worm devices and 1 for the missions.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    been lagged to death,when the colossus turns up. Lag stops when it vanishes. ONLY on the one near PSI.
    which means my computer just doesn't like that one. even with all floaters and names and graphics turned down.
    apart from that , good job.
    collosus fight, you can either kill or turn off the rays to make it easier.

finally worked out how to snipe, run, and kill the unstable portals. While the mobs are running round the block chasing me.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    7.5/10 for me, so I'm rounding it up to an 8. Mostly because I have been having fun despite a couple of the cons really annoying me.

Pros:
    Good team content.
    The colossus is a nice fight, I like that there is more to it than just beat up the big bag of HP. Those devices gotta get shut down to keep it from getting buffed.
    There are costume parts that I reeeeeeeally want.

Cons:
    Very, very, VERY solo-unfriendly.
    Knock spam is annoying. Resist ignoring knock spam isn't just annoying it's <censored> <censored> in the <censored>. Please stop this, Cryptic.
    Auras are Bind on Pickup? Really? Please fix this. Bind on Account Pickup at least would be nice.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It could easily gain a point or *2* (which is a huge swing) by:

1. Fixing enemy knock powers which don't obey knock resist stacks or don't create them.
    2. Reducing event reward prices by ~15-20%
    3. Making the event auras bind to account instead of character. (And in fact, make it an internal rule, never to be violated, that all auras bind to account).
    4. Making the worm quest less annoying (worm kill numbers match up better to siphon kill numbers and mob sizes around those siphons).
    5. Making worm mobs respawn if the siphon isn't killed. (They don't seem to)
    6. Substantially increase orb score reward in the colossus fight, so its actually worth doing instead of just hitting the colossus. (My estimate is that successfully interacting with an orb needs to be worth about 15k points minimum).
  • Options

What perks would those be? Never noticed getting any.

Colossal Menace - Defeat 25 Colossi
    Dimensional Defender - Destroy 50 Unstable Portals
    Elysium Guard - Complete 25 Daily Missions
    Fear Machine - Desroy 50 Terror Siphons.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I'd rate it higher if the auras were bind to account rather than on pickup. Still time for them to fix this though.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    What perks would those be? Never noticed getting any.

They are in the EVENT Perk tab​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options

4. Making the worm quest less annoying (worm kill numbers match up better to siphon kill numbers and mob sizes around those siphons).

I think that if you kill them slower it'd give more kills. The kill count seems to include those summoned pets, so if you let the worms summon a second wave of them you get more kills for the quest.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

I'd rate it higher if the auras were bind to account rather than on pickup. Still time for them to fix this though.

Fairly certain this was a decision, not a mistake.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    The bones of a great event are here but there's just too many annoyances, flaws, and it's a bit too light on content at this time for me to give it higher marks. I really dig what the design team are doing though and hope they keep up the work.
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Gave it a 4/10. Good effort but poor execution - no rewards except cosmetics (vehicles doesn't matter). When they start putting out events with Heroics or Legion pieces as rewards, i'll increase the rating.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    It's pretty good. The drop rate is too low for the event reward prices.

Otherwise, it's enjoyable.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    +4 colossus fight is well developed and offers a balance of approaches between orbs and offense so great game design
    +1 colossus bubble has a delay to let people block that should get integrated to the other bosses
    - 2 primary metagame of the event is 'get in a zone prior to the other people in the game'

-2 nailed to the ground
    -2 knock resistance not applied correctly
    -1 such a ludicrous amount of knock i can get sent flying through the block
    -3 the decision to spam the loss of control in general is terrible game design since the importance of control is underestimated, especially by cryptic

+3 dailies are tough but not impossible to run solo and encourage teams reasonably - would be about the right level except for knocks
    +1 abundant spawn choice

+3 diverse rewards
    +1 sleeves!
    -2 account bind the auras

Total: 1 + Initial: 5 = 6​​
  • Options

I think that if you kill them slower it'd give more kills. The kill count seems to include those summoned pets, so if you let the worms summon a second wave of them you get more kills for the quest.
    I am reasonably certain the summons do not count as worms, having incidentally killed some and still netted 6 kills/siphon (for a full group).

Also, killing slower is hardly an option with the characters that are any fun to play the event with. (Generally those that have indiscriminate AoE dps)
  • Options

Fairly certain this was a decision, not a mistake.
    That doesn't make it any less stupid.

-No way to preview the aura except to acquire it - impossible to know which character you might even want it on.
    -limited time event - we might *make* characters in the future to go with a particular aura. Except bind to character means we can't.
  • Options
    That doesn't make it any less stupid.

-No way to preview the aura except to acquire it - impossible to know which character you might even want it on.
    -limited time event - we might *make* characters in the future to go with a particular aura. Except bind to character means we can't.

Except by gong to test and previewing it or, going to youtube and looking at Champs TV where they show it off.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Except by gong to test and previewing it or, going to youtube and looking at Champs TV where they show it off.​​

Not everyone has access to test.

And seeing it generally isn't the same thing as seeing it on the outfits you want to try it on.

Why are you defending the unconscionable decision to make the bind to character instead of bind to account? Auras used to always be bind to account - the recent tendency to make them character bound
    is a terrible change in policy.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The event is quite alright. The prices in the event vendor is too high though. Especially the skulls since there's a bunch of them.

Also, please make the darn auras Bound to Account.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    Bound to Account auras that discourage character alting? It wouldn't be fair for me to score this.

Plus there should be something investing me into the content. That fan made Youtube video leaves a lot to be desired.​​
  • Options
    "discourage alting"? no... I started yesterday with a level 12 guy and completed the dailies fairly easily. He somehow got to 13 just from the xp he got from helping kill horrors and worms. So yeah.... him getting a new aura will be pretty quick and easy.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Not everyone has access to test.

And seeing it generally isn't the same thing as seeing it on the outfits you want to try it on.

Why are you defending the unconscionable decision to make the bind to character instead of bind to account? Auras used to always be bind to account - the recent tendency to make them character bound
    is a terrible change in policy.

And the goal posts keep getting moved.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    That's not moving a goalpost. Seeing it on your character is definitely better than seeing it on some random.

They should make a vendor that sells each aura for a few resources, and it just gives you like a one-minute buff that applies the aura you bought. That way you could test all the auras you want before you make a purchase/grind for it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    gradii said:

A brain dead one. I know I'm not interested in -any- of those auras thanks to that.

Despite the exacerbating underlying issues, I got Photon his Celestial Aura, compliments him nicely, considering Light Streaks to, would fit him as well, still need help to get those coins. -.=.-

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Binding auras to the character rather then the account is a pretty horrible move. I used to grind a couple auras to put in storage for future characters, sometimes designing them around the aura. However auras usually don't interest me much, I want those costume unlocks first and foremost.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    It's OK. Not really anything terribly exciting. Marred by irritations. Knocks, repels, holds galore. Barf on that. Travel power disables are annoying. Especially for melee. Same old poopy net code that will never get updated for the modern era. Orb duty is boring. It's twice as long as it needs to be to disable an orb. It's not as awful and bug filled as I thought it would be.

But hey, giant, malformed skelly chickens.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited May 2016

And the goal posts keep getting moved.​​

In addition to what Biff said - he's dead on - in what way is my stance that 'auras should be account-bound' a shifting of goalposts? I've been saying that ever since they started making some auras bound to character.

I use very few auras. But the auras i do use are ones that i picked up knowing i could shift them to other characters, and then designed looks and characters around using the auras later. Making them character-bound totally kills any interest i have in them, because I can't do that.
  • Options
    In addition to what Biff said - he's dead on - in what way is my stance that 'auras should be account-bound' a shifting of goalposts? I've been saying that ever since they started making some auras bound to character.

I use very few auras. But the auras i do use are ones that i picked up knowing i could shift them to other characters, and then designed looks and characters around using the auras later. Making them character-bound totally kills any interest i have in them, because I can't do that.

your complaint about not being able to preview the aura is indeed moving the goal poss. No, they don't need to be account bound, since they are not paid for with real money. Well get it with that character.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2016

your complaint about not being able to preview the aura is indeed moving the goal poss. No, they don't need to be account bound, since they are not paid for with real money. Well get it with that character.​​

I won't bother to make a character to use it unless i already have it to get inspiration from. Which means I need to be able to pass it or its worthless to me.

I mean, if the devs enjoy taking whatever marginal effort it is to make auras and then *decreasing* their appeal dramatically, by all means. It certainly isn't going to make me play the event more to get the auras. It'll get me to play the event less because i won't bother to farm them at all.

What possible justification is there for making auras bind to character?

And it's still not a shifting of goalposts. You've never justified why making them character-bound is at all ideal. My goalpost is 'it should be account bound'. Any and all reasons that support that are valid reasoning. And until you do justify a character-binding based on some measurable criteria, there's no goalpost to measure against. (I certainly never set any original goalposts - there can be multiple reasons for it to be account bound, and I've detailed several of them).
  • Options
    Well, if you only need one for the entire account.. why not make them an account unlock?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It's generally fun. As far a the auras go.. I figure they are supposed to be rare and hard to get. That actually makes sense, as this will probably be an event that comes around one-a-year. Not everything in an mmo should be easy to get or commonly available, some stuff should be rare. *shrugs*

Knocks are annoying but I can live with it. The dailies can be soloed w/exception to the big event one. You just have to use your head, but they are much easier in a group. For some weird reason there's a % of players who refuse to use team up. No matter how much you beg them. Really wish team up was automatic for events.

The artwork for the new mobs looks good. There really isn't anything I want from the event TBH. I already own the Void. And the vehicles are meh.. they should've had a unique weapon of some kind.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Honestly... I would give it lower if I could... the endless knock spam completely killed the whole event for me... Add to that the fact that NOTHING is marked on the minimap besides the Collosus, I've been wandering around the map for days now and I've only found 2 Portal groups and no siphons... Basically at this point I've completely given up on the event... I want the costumes and the Holy Water power as well as a couple of the auras for a few characters. But with how aweful the event is to actually participate in it's not worth it.

The only good thing I can say about it... It certainly does make Crowd Control builds 1000X more viable... I'm happy about that... but sadly that's not enough to make the event worth it to me.

My rating would go up if the following were done:

+4 - NPCs apply and abide by knock resist ruless
    +2 - Aura's are made Bind to Account
    +1 - Mark objectives on the map
    +1-2 - Lower reward prices by 20%-50%

Which would bring my overall rating to a 9 or 10 if all of those are done... otherwise... it shall remain a 1...

^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    If you use /target unstable or /target terror (I think?) you should be easily able to find the stuff. I'm honestly surprised you can't find these groups because I'm running into them by accident all the time. A popular spot is right around the Harmon building; you can do some rounds around it and finish the missions without even going so far as the street.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    I want to also encourage folks to form impromptu teams for farming the mobs for the daily missions.
    It makes a tough (or near impossible) group of mobs into a fairly easy farm.

A CC character with a DPSer easily steamrolls the mob groups.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    raighn said:

Add to that the fact that NOTHING is marked on the minimap besides the Collosus, I've been wandering around the map for days now and I've only found 2 Portal groups and no siphons...

+1 - Mark objectives on the map

There's too many of them. if they marked them all the map would look like polka dots.

But... if you really need it here's a few locations I charted. This is by no means an exhaustive list of every location. they seem to generally become more common the further you get from Ren Cen. (the Y is a point above the portal or siphon that is out of attack range)

s 9245 559 -1910
    p 9325 520 -2065'
    p 9860 536 -1710
    s 9967 540 -1881
    p 10256 416 -2087
    s 11017 447 -1634
    p 10442 401 478
    s 10493 406 315
    p 10834 446 -1180
    p 9510 454 673
    p 9242 467 846
    p 8642 622 -1721
    p 8137 432 -462
    p 8510 420 528
    p 7509 457 -52
    p 7606 544 1061
    s 7051 562 895
    s 5438 402 1081
    s 4304 405 1957
    p 3980 579 1796
    s 3982 589 2238
    p 4192 601 2372
    p 4750 530 2555
    p 5010 538 2564
    p 5350 550 2598
    s 5542 556 2544
    p 5694 561 2548
    p 7959 510 2720
    p 8111 515 2585
    s 8241 519 2663
    p 8445 525 2672
    s 8597 530 2727
    s 9022 543 2666
    p 9055 545 2559
    p 8989 561 2232
    s 8534 575 2259
    p 8087 590 2342
    s 7621 604 2386
    p 7219 617 2336
    p 6810 660 2209
    p 5998 518 2353
    s 6308 508 2289
    p 6405 505 2218
    p 5768 525 2294
    p 5569 531 2310
    s 5138 491 2271
    p 4507 511 2106
    s 5426 456 1074
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I gave it a 5:

The bad:

1) The worm daily require 3 siphons, but don't have enough worms to meet the requirement of 25 worm kills. This means I'm always killing at least 2 more, for a total of 5 siphon spots.

2) In contrast, the portal-closing daily requires 5 portals, but I usually have the required number of mooks killed around portal 3 or 4. This is probably a less-annoying scenario than #1 though.

3) The artificial difficulty inflation through the excessive use of crowd control and chain-knockback cheese is getting really old. It's not "fun" to fight enemies that do this constantly. It would be more forgivable if F-mashing wasn't a thing, and if knockback didn't also function as a disable.

4) The "boss" fights are okay, although there's something that seems to 1-shot kill me sometimes and I don't know what it is. No, I'm not talking about the blatantly-obvious massive aoe, either. Mystery 1shots aren't very interesting.

5) The rewards are mediocre. Character-bound auras? Really? The only thing even remotely appealing to me is the holy water unlock and 1-2 costume pieces, but I guess different people like different things?

6) The coloring in Millennium City gives me a headache after awhile.

The good:

1) Quest credit finally seems to be working properly, and unlike Clarence, there always seems to be at least 1 up somewhere and there's helpful quest circles on the map.

2) When the knockback isn't stupid and excessive, the portals can actually be an interesting challenge for my dps character and support character to tackle solo.

3) It's an event, which changes things up a bit. That's always nice to have.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Wow. I wish I could change my vote. After playing for a bit more, it's actually just getting more irritating. Trying to tank the Colossus sucks as melee. Constantly getting shoved out of range is garbage. 6k+ damage through a r2 shield? Lame. Some random no-icon dot / invisible ground effect / random BS damage that heavily ticks through a block? No thanks. Blocking, stunned through a block, and one-shot before recovery? Stupid.

The constant chain knock / hold spam is most often just tedious not dangerous. It's getting more annoying by the day.

Also: The team up seems to be a broken pile of worthless crap. People standing next to me didn't have my aura icon on them. I always end up in a team up with a level 0 player and can't get into a different team up no matter how many times I leave and re-team. Can this stuff finally get fixed? Team Up has been a mess since it was hack-jobbed into the game.

If the devs can't make "challenging" content without making it excessively gimmicky and irritating, I'd rather they make "easy" content that's actually fun. I play other games for challenge that do it a whole lot better, so it's not like I need to see the sad imitation here.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

It's generally fun. As far a the auras go.. I figure they are supposed to be rare and hard to get. That actually makes sense, as this will probably be an event that comes around one-a-year. Not everything in an mmo should be easy to get or commonly available, some stuff should be rare. *shrugs*

That is what I thought as well. My understanding about this aura topic was that they did this just so the players can get something when the event happens again. Sure, there are things that you forgot to farm the first time around or stuff that you wanted to farm again, but the aura seem to be that item where you have to do the event again and again if you want it for X character.
    aesica said:

I gave it a 5:
    4) The "boss" fights are okay, although there's something that seems to 1-shot kill me sometimes and I don't know what it is. No, I'm not talking about the blatantly-obvious massive aoe, either. Mystery 1shots aren't very interesting.

Were you too close to him? This happens when he does his "invisible" Skewer.
  • Options
    sterga said:

Also: The team up seems to be a broken pile of worthless crap. People standing next to me didn't have my aura icon on them. I always end up in a team up with a level 0 player and can't get into a different team up no matter how many times I leave and re-team. Can this stuff finally get fixed? Team Up has been a mess since it was hack-jobbed into the game.

You can click the arrow pointing down on the Team Up list of heroes. It will bring up a display showing existing teams of up to five each. You can join some other team or make your own team, within Team Up. It actually works pretty good (aside from the level 0 ghosts).

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    sterga said:

Some random no-icon dot

The DoT does have an icon and can be completely blocked by blocking the big wireframe AoE.
    sterga said:

Blocking, stunned through a block, and one-shot before recovery?

The stun can be blocked, but it requires faster blocking than the damage.
    Zooming out so you can actually see the boss helps a lot with that.
    sterga said:

The constant chain knock / hold spam is most often just tedious not dangerous. It's getting more annoying by the day.

At least the pull is going to apply knock resistance stacks and is going to respect LOS, hope that will help a bit.
    sterga said:

You can use the little arrow under the teammember portraits to look at and join the other teamup groups.
    Also note that there are often two teamups (not only different groups but completely separate teamups), probably because of that same problem with level 0 characters.
    It's a good practice to join-leave-join any new teamup, that at least sets everyone in the same teamup which will make it much easier for any healers, which potentially makes those 6k hits less of a problem.

I don't mean to say it's all working well, just that there are a few workarrounds that make things less of an annoyance.
  • Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    The auras need to be either far, far cheaper, or, more preferably, bound to account instead of character. ~150 to 200 tokens for bound to account would be appropriate. Bind to character on pick up, 50 to 75 is more appropriate.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Got my Aura's for Photon, I'm happy with that, Thanks for the runs guys.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options

The auras need to be either far, far cheaper, or, more preferably, bound to account instead of character. ~150 to 200 tokens for bound to account would be appropriate. Bind to character on pick up, 50 to 75 is more appropriate.

You can get 150 tokens in two days if you do all the dailies and beat up a bunch of colossi. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable investment to me.
    biffsig.jpg