Teleios Ascendant Rewards Discussion

13»

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

spinnytop said:

draogn said:

They could take this time to improve the difficulty slider. Give those who want a challenge a challenge (while giving them a worthwhile rewarding for the increased difficulty perhaps give a chance for certain vendor items to drop from the bosses), and others they can choose a setting more fitting to them while still getting access to the vendor.

Or remove it entirely and instead focus on making well tuned content. People who don't want a challenge will simply stay away from all the challenging content, which will be much easier as it seems they're going to start tagging it as "Epic" content now so those people know to stay away.

Let's keep in mind, we're not talking about pulling a bus with your teeth here. The content may be "more challenging than most content int the game" but that still puts it firmly in the realm of completely doable by everyone. If you could figure out the mechanics of Cybermind, you can figure out the mechanics of the new lair.
    Thats just segragating the playerbase and forming little "elite" clubs for content which never goes over well for a community.
    difficulty sliders do the same thing, except they do it with all content that has the sliders on it.

A: "Hey, we're running Dungeon X, who wants to come?"
    B: "Sure I'll come, running it on normal right?"
    A: "Nope, epic."

or

A: "Hey, we're running Epic Dungeon, who wants to come?"
    B: *says nothing because they already know they don't wanna go there*
    A: Okay we finished Epic Dungeon... who wants to run Casual Dungeon?
    B: Me!

So which would you rather have... one or two instances for the elite club, or every single instance with a difficulty slider on it? Keep in mind, when we're talking about "elite club content", we're talking about content that is perfectly do-able by every single player in the game, even those who aren't forming clubs and pretending they're super-more-skilled than everyone else. The new lair still isn't anywhere near as restrictive as hard-mode content in other conventional mmos. Remember all that other content we thought was only going to be "for the elite tryhards"? Remember how a month later everyone was stomping all over it? Same thing is going to happen again ( and just like last time, I'm pointing out that it's going to happen again ). Elite content in this game is not restrictive due to a lack of player ability, but a lack of player desire. And no, I don't mean "a lack of player desire to git gud", I mean a lack of player desire to participate at all due to them perceiving it too be 'too much of a hassle' or some variation there-of.

People are going to form their little elite clubs no matter what anyone does, because they want to believe that they're elite, not because they are - the game has yet to receive any content that justifies that belief.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Spinny, what triggered this was a statement early in the thread that the new content shouldn't be impossible - for a team on which everyone is "properly geared", with "properly" evidently meaning something more than Heroic, and definitely not the mission drops my 40s are mostly using.

That sounds like we might be on the slippery slope toward "gear checks" and being booted or denied if your gear doesn't measure up. Which if it's just the one lair, fine, the tryhards should get the butt-kicking experience they crave every so often, I suppose - but this should not be the way of things going forward.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    We've already been there. I was once denied access to a SC PQ because I didn't have a vehicle.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.18
    This build is available on PTS as of 1/26/2016.
    - Set action figures in the Gold Champion Recognition vendor to bind on pickup.

Please remove this option. There is no reason why Action-Figures should be BoP. Please make this Bind on Equip.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

Spinny, what triggered this was

I think what triggered Gradii's response was what I typed. At least, that's what all evidence points to. There's no mention of gear in their comment, mine, or the one I was responding to. So, your theory is noted, but rejected.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I may have mentioned 'properly geared' at some point, but all I meant was that squishies should remember the existence of Health gear and Growth mods.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User

Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.18
    This build is available on PTS as of 1/26/2016.
    - Set action figures in the Gold Champion Recognition vendor to bind on pickup.

Please remove this option. There is no reason why Action-Figures should be BoP. Please make this Bind on Equip.
    In fact, there's plenty of reason to make them BoE, considering that if people put them in the auction, they can potentially profit off of it from those selling Cosmic Keys for their Globals...

Removing the option to sell, on anything, is not a great business choice. It is potentially money unspent by those who will never grind for it, yet want it all the same. I can't really see why they should be denied. Especially with something targeted to collector types (as apposed to say gear).

And that doesn't even count the types who will grind for it, perhaps grudgingly, but would sooner buy it.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Remember how a month later everyone was stomping all over it? Same thing is going to happen again ( and just like last time, I'm pointing out that it's going to happen again ). Elite content in this game is not restrictive due to a lack of player ability, but a lack of player desire. And no, I don't mean "a lack of player desire to git gud", I mean a lack of player desire to participate at all due to them perceiving it too be 'too much of a hassle' or some variation there-of.

People are going to form their little elite clubs no matter what anyone does, because they want to believe that they're elite, not because they are - the game has yet to receive any content that justifies that belief.

Whereas I agree that some players behave and feel as you describe, I don't think that is "everyone", or even most players.

I do believe that most content in the game is pretty easy, a few things actually require a team with cooperation to avoid failing, and even then there is no guarantee of success. That list of missions is quite low, though. Maybe three (four with Teleios Ascedant).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Whereas I agree that some players behave and feel as you describe, I don't think that is "everyone", or even most players.

I agree. Most people don't have their head up their butt enough to think of themselves as "elite" in this game. It's a very small minority of players as most people realize there's no point to bragging that your feet touch the ground in a kiddy pool. Given that, concerns of "elite clubs" is something I find strange... it's not as if anyone can be prevented from running content just because a tiny minority of the population won't play with them.

Yeah if it really comes down to any semblance of the "gear score" concept in any shape or form making its way into this game, count me out. It's a reason why I gave up on RIFT.

Btw don't worry it won't. Why would they change direction so sharply now. It'd be like if in Dark Souls 3 they decided to make the game extremely casual friendly.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

I agree. Most people don't have their head up their butt enough to think of themselves as "elite" in this game. It's a very small minority of players as most people realize there's no point to bragging that your feet touch the ground in a kiddy pool. Given that, concerns of "elite clubs" is something I find strange... it's not as if anyone can be prevented from running content just because a tiny minority of the population won't play with them.

Yeah if it really comes down to any semblance of the "gear score" concept in any shape or form making its way into this game, count me out. It's a reason why I gave up on RIFT.

Btw don't worry it won't. Why would they change direction so sharply now. It'd be like if in Dark Souls 3 they decided to make the game extremely casual friendly.
    I dunno...a sharp shift? No. A gradual..quite possibly..the foundations already there with DPS meters(albeit broken somewhat) for open world events, and some other things that could suggest their musing the idea over a bit. But, that could be years off, so I think it'll be fine for now.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options

I dunno...a sharp shift? No. A gradual..quite possibly..the foundations already there with DPS meters(albeit broken somewhat) for open world events, and some other things that could suggest their musing the idea over a bit. But, that could be years off, so I think it'll be fine for now.

'cept they keep making it so those 'dps meters' have no actual effect on rewards.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

'cept they keep making it so those 'dps meters' have no actual effect on rewards.
    True, which I'm more than happy about, and why I said it could have no affect for years.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Guys, the reason certain AFs are BOP is because they are a show of accomplishment, not something you pull out because you bought it on the AH. There are some that are just for funsies, but others are a sign of what you completed and the only other people who have one are those who were able to do the same.
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

Guys, the reason certain AFs are BOP is because they are a show of accomplishment, not something you pull out because you bought it on the AH. There are some that are just for funsies, but others are a sign of what you completed and the only other people who have one are those who were able to do the same.

That AFs are for anything other than funsies or as part of a 'collector's mindset' is dubious to me. It's true I'm not super big on 'shows of accomplishment' to begin with, for the show alone (like, for example, I'd pick a title for a character because it is ironic to the character, rather than because I grinded 5,000 badies and wanted to brag about it or whatever).

But if there are to be AFs as such, I would think them more for specific rare feats, rather than grinding out a lair in a team, for reasonably plentiful tokens that you then chose to spend on the AF.

Regardless, I maintain it is better to open things up to market, than not, particularly something along the lines of AFs.
  • Options
    That'd be like letting me buy Steam Achievements from other people. Just no. There's plenty of stuff to sell, you can give up a few puppets.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

That'd be like letting me buy Steam Achievements from other people. Just no. There's plenty of stuff to sell, you can give up a few puppets.

So you're in favor of all AFs being BoP, since by your logic they're otherwise 'selling Steam Achievements'? Otherwise you mean 'some of your Steam Achievements'.

The precedent is already set for many AFs to be sellable - which is a good thing and a great market. Everything capable of being sold is that much better for the market. Indeed, peeps can 'give up a few puppets' or grind them out if so inclined, but I maintain this to be overall disadvantageous. More options to obtain things = better.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Where does it stop then? Should player be allowed to sell Justice Gear tokens, Onslaught tokens? How does one determine what should be sellable in a game like this?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Should player be allowed to sell Justice Gear tokens, Onslaught tokens?"

I don't have a problem with that. Or is doing a boring grind for gear some sort of status symbol now? If I could sell my extra justice tokens and buy villain tokens instead, I'd be thrilled.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    mijjestic said:

spinnytop said:

So you're in favor of all AFs being BoP, since by your logic they're otherwise 'selling Steam Achievements'? Otherwise you mean 'some of your Steam Achievements'.

The precedent is already set for many AFs to be sellable - which is a good thing and a great market. Everything capable of being sold is that much better for the market. Indeed, peeps can 'give up a few puppets' or grind them out if so inclined, but I maintain this to be overall disadvantageous. More options to obtain things = better.
    The precedent is already set for many AFs to NOT be sellable. It isn't really relevant to the market. These are basically trophies. Some are tradeable and you can sell them because they aren't exactly hard to get. Others are a little harder, and those are usually the ones you can't sell. I think it is fine that these AFs are in that latter category.
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Ok, I think it's long past time someone puts a few numbers out on the table. Let's start with a justice versus distinguished comparison, which as this is the appropriate thread for this reward is being posted here.

This was done on a haymaker build with a couple of twists (dex SSS and laser knight, for instance) that don't really need to be brought up as they're not particularly relevant for the apples-to-apples purpose of this comparison.

It included a DUC on both builds and doesn't have energy problems; EB was used a total of 2 times during the second test. STR/Wardicator with OV gear.

No AOs or other damage boosting/debuffers were used. This was done over a 10 minute period to get enough hits to make the change in crit chances statistically significant.

Justice:

686 offense (20%)
    27.7 crit/109.7 severity
    437.7 def (103%)

400/85/340

12612 hp

2168 dps

Distinguished:

652.4 offense (20%)
    24.3 crit/97.4 severity
    455.5 def (107%)

390/75/330

12266 hp

2010 dps

Essentially, you're trading a grand total of 4% higher damage resist for at least an 8% (likely, closer to 10% - distinguished was having problems staying above 2000, and justice was often closer to 2200) reduction in DPS and less hp, with a small increase to knock resist.

I'll let others provide the editorial comment on this for now, save that if someone wants to test this on a sentinel mastery tank or something else that doesn't use the guarwarvindi loop, feel free to post your comparison.
  • Options
    Also looking at Distinguished gear, I noticed that both distinguished agility and justice agility gear have the same stats. Wouldn't it be more interesting if they had perhaps some difference between them. Hindsight says it would be nice if one had higher avoidance and one had higher dodge rating, but at this point it can either still be that distinguished is given one stat higher than the other, or that both is avoidance and dodge are raised in exchanged for lower defense. That would mix it up a bit.
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

Hindsight says it would be nice if one had higher avoidance and one had higher dodge rating...

The dodge rating on both is about as low as primary gear can go without causing major problems for those attempting 100% dodge tanks.
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

The precedent is already set for many AFs to NOT be sellable.

Which is better curbed or reversed, particularly of the 'drop' variety. I'd rather judge something's potential worth to someone else, and get something for the trouble, before tossing it into the abyss of deletion, in the case of already-unlocked AFs.
    xrazamax said:

It isn't really relevant to the market. These are basically trophies. Some are tradeable and you can sell them because they aren't exactly hard to get. Others are a little harder, and those are usually the ones you can't sell. I think it is fine that these AFs are in that latter category.

Wrong. There are 175 AFs for sale right now on the AH, some of them in the 100s of G. If things sell for this, they are relevant. And they do.

>>>>

And, as for the 'where does it end'...gear is different, in the spectrum of MMOs in general, just in the sense of 'tangible' reward for time put in, taking away 'wallet warrior' power, etc...

It's all a grindwall and that's pretty much the nature of MMOs, but I don't find it advantageous in front of cosmetics and collector-oriented items. Fuel the market with that stuff. Open potential up! Costumes being another specific example. A lot of times people don't even know what the costume piece they purchased looks like, or have the idea for what to do with it, until it's purchased. The might've never grinded for it. Others want something specific for a look, a concept, but don't have the time to grind it.

This same sort of story doesn't equate the same as 'well I really wanted another 150 Offense but this sucks cause I can't just sell keys for it', to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    What isn't relevant to the market is the fact that some AFs are not tradeable because they are not meant to be had by players who haven't earned them. If you don't think that what it takes to get a certain AF is something that is noteworthy, that go ahead and snub your nose at it, but it doesn't change the fact that it is perfectly valid to put a set of items (especially inconsequential ones like AFs) behind an "Achievement" wall.

Wishing that the AF duplicates you get were worth something to you is a different matter and should be stated as, "I would like to be given something else instead of duplicates of AFs I already have unlocked an cannot sell".
  • Options

xrazamax said:

Hindsight says it would be nice if one had higher avoidance and one had higher dodge rating...

The dodge rating on both is about as low as primary gear can go without causing major problems for those attempting 100% dodge tanks.
    Then... go for the other gear if you are going for 100% dodge tank?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    xrazamax said:

Then why we should we 'mix it up a bit' to begin with since those are the people who purchase any variety of that gear, given any other build seeking dodge or avoidance takes armor with substantially better HP/def and slots mods instead?
  • Options

xrazamax said:

Then why we should we 'mix it up a bit' to begin with since those are the people who purchase any variety of that gear, given any other build seeking dodge or avoidance takes armor with substantially better HP/def and slots mods instead?
    What is the point of distinguished agility gear if it does the same thing Justice Agility does? The only thing that makes it different at all is the set bonus.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Distinguished gear:

Thanks a lot for posting Distinguished gear information!

There is more secondary gear called "Determination" that I am wondering about. In the patch notes here, it says they are drops from the Teleios Ascendant bosses and that they are similar to Vigilante secondaries.

Are they also in a recognition vendor shop or just drops from the bosses? It would be helpful if screenshots of these could be posted as well. o:)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Here you go:

The determination gear usually has lower stats on everything across the board compared to its vigilante gear counter-part. The thing that makes it "on par" with vigilante is the fact it takes a rank 5 enhancement mod slot (which should be an armored slot >_> ) . So even though you might have lower specs on some of these, you will have +55 to Stats compared to the +44 from vigilante. Then there are of course the determination gears that don't really have a vigilante comparison like agility heart of determination bonus to dodge/avoidance.
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    The Teleios Gadget Cores seem to be underperforming when compared to their counterparts the Depleted Uranium Cores and the Dragon's Eye Cores. A 4 percent increase to damage and a 5 percent increase in cool down? And no increase to pet damage?

Respectfully, Gadgeteer is NOT an overperforming powers set, generally speaking. Especially with the Strafing Run nerf. May I humbly recommend a buff to make this core shine? Please consider an 8 percent increase to all Gadgeteer powers' effectiveness, including pets. Maybe even throw in some cooldown reduction, since so many Gadgeteer powers have CD? This would put the core on more even footing with its counterparts.

Thanks for the consideration, Devs. And thanks for all you do.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User

The Teleios Gadget Cores seem to be underperforming when compared to their counterparts the Depleted Uranium Cores and the Dragon's Eye Cores. A 4 percent increase to damage and a 5 percent increase in cool down? And no increase to pet damage?

Respectfully, Gadgeteer is NOT an overperforming powers set, generally speaking. Especially with the Strafing Run nerf. May I humbly recommend a buff to make this core shine? Please consider an 8 percent increase to all Gadgeteer powers' effectiveness, including pets. Maybe even throw in some cooldown reduction, since so many Gadgeteer powers have CD? This would put the core on more even footing with its counterparts.

Thanks for the consideration, Devs. And thanks for all you do.

A r9 Teleios Gadget core adds exactly the same to your damage as the Dragon Eye Core, both give a 10% damage bonus.
    A DUC is not a competing mod, you can use both at the same time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarity, Aiqa. I've apparently lept to an inaccurate conclusion regarding the core. Thanks for helping rectify that. May I ask a few follow up questions?

Does that 10 percent increase to effectiveness extend to a Gadgeteer's pets? To Orbital Cannon? And is there an increase to cooldown time?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's a 10% damage bonus in the Offense/Severity layer, so anything that is helped by Offense will be helped (assuming no tagging issues), but controllable pets will not.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Here you go:

The determination gear usually has lower stats on everything across the board compared to its vigilante gear counter-part. The thing that makes it "on par" with vigilante is the fact it takes a rank 5 enhancement mod slot (which should be an armored slot >_> ) . So even though you might have lower specs on some of these, you will have +55 to Stats compared to the +44 from vigilante. Then there are of course the determination gears that don't really have a vigilante comparison like agility heart of determination bonus to dodge/avoidance.

Woo thanks for the info o:)<3
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Here are some numbers for the Teleios Gadget mod, I didn't get to include pets though. I didn't think about that :\.

*Note, the following two parses are a representation of an average of many parses. Methodology was to cycle two Active Offense powers, Sonic Device, Strafing Run, and Conviction while using Pulse Beam Rifle between cool downs. All powers besides PBR have cool downs to accentuate the difference between having shorter cool downs versus bonus to damage. (After all, of course bonus to damage is better if you never have to worry about cool downs or energy management :p)

Parsing using Impact rank 7 mod and Growth rank 7 mod

Look at individual power numbers:

Parsing using Teleios Gadget rank 7 mod and Growth rank 7 mod

Look at individual power numbers:

My verdict: Are the Teleios gadget mods worth taking? Yes, but just mildly so. You will notice the effects more if you rarely rely on Cooldown powers and energy management is not a big issue - and obviously the more you use gadget powers the better your DPS will improve. However, the DPS increase on average was about 4.2% while my cool down times increased by 5.6%. With a build that used many gadget powers, I would like to see that dps number a tiny bit higher, but not by much. A 2-3% increase in strength on the mods would make them feel more worth while.

TL;DR: They are a slight improvement over other mods if you use mainly gadget powers.
  • Options
    Thanks, all, for your much-appreciated insight. As always. Xrazamax, thanks for posting all that data. AND the screen captures of Distinguished and Determination gear. Very thoughtful and helpful of you. Did I understand correctly? Does the Teleios Core actually increase cooldown time?

I sincerely hope the Devs will consider extending the Teleios Gadget Core bonus somehow to Gadgeteer pets' effectiveness.

Thanks again, heroes.
  • Options
    It didn't increase my cooldown time directly, but I had to remove either a Growth 7 or Impact 7 mod to equip it in a utility slot. I chose the Impact 7 mod which was giving me cooldown reduction. So I was comparing, "If I am going through a power rotation, is it better to have more cool down, or to take this teleios gadget mod for damage strength increase?" Because if AOs/Buffs/SR takes longer to CD, I may drop my DPS despite the strength increase.

What I found was my DPS did go up by an average of ~4%. The ~5% in CD time was a result of just unequipping the Impact 7 mod
  • Options
    Roger that, brother. I totally get it now. Thank you for taking a moment to explain.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    For gadget pets:

Teleios Mod:

Without Teleios Mod:

You will see the overall DPS (EncDPS Column) for the Teleios mod parse is higher, but for some reason so is the attack speed. I doubt the teleios mods are making pets attack faster though :p

But what makes it clear that teleios gadget mods do not increase pet damage is the "Average" column. The averages for the hits are about the same in both parses, so the attack damage itself is not going up.
  • Options
    Thanks again for taking time, Xrazamax. You are the man! Even if the news is something of a disappointment, I appreciate your efforts.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    SUGGESTION:
    Could the potions dropped as the common reward please be given a vendor price of 1 G each, like the power armor charged items in Harmon Labs?
    That way, they would be worth something.

Right now, they aren't really as good as a regular potion, and don't sell for much as vendor trash.

In two TA runs, I got 9 potions the first time, and 12 the second.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.