What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Teleios Ascendant Rewards Discussion

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    almafeta said:

We will be able to gain the current Teleios perks (Vanquished Ultimate Mind, Vanquished Buster, Imitation of Life) after this update?

Yes.
    The regular level lair is still available. When you approach the entrance, both choices are available if you qualify.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Oh I agree, having a little something something for all is pretty much what I advocate, content wise. I see this lair as a step in the right direction of that(challenge for the hardcore players), I just don't want that **** who says in team chat, "are u healorz, can't join unless u conforms to the trinityzz" :P

Yeah those people are the worse. However, that is going to come hand in hand when you have content where you have to discuss with your friends, "Does anyone need health devices? I have minor healing abilities but we are going to have to plan this out . . ."

Trying to be "elite" is okay, but being an elitist is awful.

Exaclty :)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Oh I agree, having a little something something for all is pretty much what I advocate, content wise. I see this lair as a step in the right direction of that(challenge for the hardcore players), I just don't want that **** who says in team chat, "are u healorz, can't join unless u conforms to the trinityzz" :P

Yeah those people are the worse. However, that is going to come hand in hand when you have content where you have to discuss with your friends, "Does anyone need health devices? I have minor healing abilities but we are going to have to plan this out . . ."

Trying to be "elite" is okay, but being an elitist is awful.

Exaclty :)

Either way the current content is still quite nub friendly. Hatchling tells couldn't be more broadcast without her breaking into JP Frog style dancing. It needs tuning, but that's about it really, and Grond needs his one attack turned on hehe. The fact this lair does require team strat is quite nice and now that health potions stack to 10 and are some what useful might make for some niceties to.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Bashing the trinity is its own form of negative elitism and needs to go. Trinity game play, no matter what some people will claim, actually invokes people playing to team dynamics and grouping together. And there are a lot of things in this update that actually encourages more diversity instead of people trying to build jack of all trade builds.​​

Trinity does not, nor has it ever, nor will it ever, promote build diversity. Trinity is, Tank/Heal/Damage, in that order. Healing shoe-horns support, as there is no form of damage mitigation(these are examples/don't 100% apply to this game, just examples of trinity in action). Tanks; You don't DPS, you taunt. That's it. End of discussion. DPS: Do I really need to explain this one? :P(This role right here is the cultivator of an elitist, btw.) Trinity forces, nobody likes being forced into anything, be it teaming, roles, or a specific rotation to not to maximize said role, but to be actually playing the darn role in the first place(This is Trinity, no joke.) Jack of all trade builds? That's called diversity. Why? because the player has a little bit of this, a little of that. Now, they definitely shouldn't be the only valuable option because that's just as bad as forcing trinity, and will require a delicate balance to achieve correctly.(Also, Trinity means you can't do crap without the other two roles(no missions, no APs, Nothing.), if your trying to say this game should be trinity). Imposing trinity is an old form of elitism, and is old, period.(Not calling you elitist, just saying the belief that trinity should be the way of all gaming is)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    Trinity does not, nor has it ever, nor will it ever, promote build diversity. Trinity is, Tank/Heal/Damage, in that order. Healing shoe-horns support, as there is no form of damage mitigation(these are examples/don't 100% apply to this game, just examples of trinity in action). Tanks; You don't DPS, you taunt. That's it. End of discussion. DPS: Do I really need to explain this one? :P(This role right here is the cultivator of an elitist, btw.) Trinity forces, nobody likes being forced into anything, be it teaming, roles, or a specific rotation to not to maximize said role, but to be actually playing the darn role in the first place(This is Trinity, no joke.) Jack of all trade builds? That's called diversity. Why? because the player has a little bit of this, a little of that. Now, they definitely shouldn't be the only valuable option because that's just as bad as forcing trinity, and will require a delicate balance to achieve correctly.(Also, Trinity means you can't do crap without the other two roles(no missions, no APs, Nothing.), if your trying to say this game should be trinity). Imposing trinity is an old form of elitism, and is old, period.(Not calling you elitist, just saying the belief that trinity should be the way of all gaming is)

Strongly disagree with your point because it isn't just tank/healer/DPS, because frankly, I doubt I will need a dedicated healer just support with a buff, and a team that pays attention and changes itself to match the situation. Build diversity is actually checked up on, because Champions has a lack of it. Every build is fundamentally the same, the only real differences being that people pick a few attack powers then most of their support powers are identical.

And I am sure after the tweaks are done, there will be a variety of different builds for the roles that fulfill multiple things not just this guy is DPS, that guy is tank and that guy is healer. There is more to the trinity than the often well misquoted tank/healer/DPS roles, and there is no diversity in a role less environment, as the encounters end up having to be so easy to account for the fact that no one can fill but one thing, damage. And that's all current builds are these days with the exception of those that do play tank and support builds because that's how they want to play, even though those builds are a detriment to the current game dynamic, not a boon. Not even Frosticus needs a dedicated tank, just someone that can tank him, and healing is again something that thanks to the over abundance of super devices and specialties falls flat thanks to the over all king of the game; damage.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    as an extremely casual with half arsed builds. I think this lair sounds good. It's endgame, it's meant to be a major challenge.

However, I have a problem with elitists from playing WOW. I left when you had , not just a gear check but a powers check before a run.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Strange as it may be, I actually agree with gradii on something: hp variance should be reduced. Possibly by increasing base health.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    chaelk wrote: »
    as an extremely casual with half arsed builds. I think this lair sounds good. It's endgame, it's meant to be a major challenge.

However, I have a problem with elitists from playing WOW. I left when you had , not just a gear check but a powers check before a run.

That was something implemented by the modding community and most people agree it was born of ignorance and stupid, since the gear score people often demanded was often higher than the quality of the gear dropped in said dungeons. Basically those aren't elitests. Those were tryhards, people considered so bad they can't do something without abusing either a bug, power or mechanic to succeed. Most elite players actually snuffed at them and I've been apart of and started plenty of my own runs that didn't require super gear, just that people knew what to do.

The only time people cared about gear score is on the really tough content (like heroic raids before raid finder came out), otherwise as long as you listened to DBM or the tells in game and didn't stand in the fire you were fine.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Wow, this thread derailed quickly. I read the forums a lot (rarely posting) and I have played the game at least casually since inception. I've learned so much from you. I admire most of you and value your opinions. I think we all agree that teamwork and skill diversity are important to achieving shared victories.

Let's please focus on letting Cryptic know what we think the new primary gear should be. How it should be at least comparable to Justice Gear in order to maximize player interest and attention. Let's not waste a huge opportunity to increase player base and interest while outfitting so many of our deserving alts.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bug:
    Leather removes the pattern options on boots
    photo Champions Online_2016-01-16_21-11-17.png
    photo Champions Online_2016-01-16_21-11-28.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Kais did a fantasic job on the back piece. I suggest adding the orb option on the boots as well.

Suggestion:
    Add a glow line on the Mid-section chest piece.

• Options
    Under Distinguished Gear, it says, "Unique modifications. New modifications have been added with new effects to further customize your gear." Is that anything special? I'm not on PTS. Are they just referring to the new "super vision" mods? That's not so impressive. Or is there something special about the Distinguished Gear that hasn't been mentioned in the forum? Thanks for any insight.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Under Distinguished Gear, it says, "Unique modifications. New modifications have been added with new effects to further customize your gear." Is that anything special? I'm not on PTS. Are they just referring to the new "super vision" mods? That's not so impressive. Or is there something special about the Distinguished Gear that hasn't been mentioned in the forum? Thanks for any insight.

Well sooooorreeey. Pretty sure they are talking about the new mod cores such as the resist damage types/knocks,repels/perception cores etc.

I do like the new cores. They need to be made MUCH cheaper and the ones in the store should be rank 4 instead of rank 1, but they are a cool way to really add some customization to gear and allow you to better prepare for fights. They do need tweaking as well imo though (see @aiqa's comment on testing effectiveness of perception mods)
  • Options
    See? I shouldn't have been expressing an opinion when I was under-informed. Thanks, Xrazamax. Even when I'm not personally a fan of perception cores (I did see @aiqa's post), knock/repel or specific damage resistance would actually be hugely helpful. Thanks for the response.

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    So far I am not impressed by most of the new mods.

70% knock resistance is a bit low for a r9 mods. To have a decent chance of resisting a knock at least 150% is required, and only at over 400% you are starting to resist most knocks, but even with 400% you'll still get knocked quite regularly. So since this new mod is only doing kock resistance and nothing else, I think it should give higher knock resist.

And the regeneration mod gives heals very slow, any build with a heal is far better off with defense mods.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Is the regen core bugged, btw? I looked at them in the store and all the different ranks seemed to have the same effect.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The bonus provided by Distinguished armor could use a buff. Currently it provides +10 to non super stats, giving you an increases of +50 to your overall stats. If this bonus was +15 to all non super stats, you'd be getting an overall increase of +75 to your overall stats which is what a full set of justice provides (except to super stats, which makes the buff provided by Justice still superior in my opinion).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    All I'm saying is that if this starts a trend, and everything added to the game begins requiring certain varieties of gear for which one must grind and failure to do so will result in your being excluded from any teams, this is going to head right down that ol' gearscore porcelain fixture that's driven me away from other games before.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that sounds like a very bad idea. If it's just this level-40 lair, fine, but let us hope this isn't the way of things going forward.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    jonsills said:

All I'm saying is that if this starts a trend, and everything added to the game begins requiring certain varieties of gear for which one must grind and failure to do so will result in your being excluded from any teams, this is going to head right down that ol' gearscore porcelain fixture that's driven me away from other games before.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that sounds like a very bad idea. If it's just this level-40 lair, fine, but let us hope this isn't the way of things going forward.

^
    100% Agree, and this is exactly I have been trying to explain in the other thread dedicated to this lair. It's fine to have difficult with accessibility, it's not fine to add difficulty that can't be reached because of gear gaps and whatnot.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    jonsills said:

There's a reason I don't even bother checking up on Neverwinter anymore. It'd be sad to see Champions Online go the same route.
  • Options

jonsills said:

There's a reason I don't even bother checking up on Neverwinter anymore. It'd be sad to see Champions Online go the same route.
    ^
    Agreed. But others will swear that mentality is good for the game(it isn't it never will be, ever.). And want this lair to embody that as the first step in that direction.(The first actual pass over a lair, and their wanting it to be WoW in spandex, wth).

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options

100% Agree, and this is exactly I have been trying to explain in the other thread dedicated to this lair. It's fine to have difficult with accessibility, it's not fine to add difficulty that can't be reached because of gear gaps and whatnot.

You can't have difficulty without a side effect of locking some people out, unless all the fights are just trick fights that ignore mechanics.
  • Options

You can't have difficulty without a side effect of locking some people out, unless all the fights are just trick fights that ignore mechanics.
    Yes, you can. And it doesn't have to be where mechanics are ignored,it's really not that complicated to make it to where(ok, not all, cause there are people who refuse to do anything with the mechanics of a fight, but still) everyone gets to participate without a gear gap. This is not WoW. This is Champions online.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    johannekirkjohannekirk Posts: 19 Arc User
    All I have to say is you better allow us to "trade" Justice for distinguished or there will be a lot of pissed off tanks who wasted a ton of time GRINDING for Justice only to be punked by Cryptic now...
  • Options
    Justice has been around for years. You can't just give people the ability to trade for new gear every time it comes out.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I wonder if the lair can/should have an option that allows it to be run only by ATs (like some PVP)?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options

I wonder if the lair can/should have an option that allows it to be run only by ATs (like some PVP)?​​

Unless critter stats were changed, why would this be useful? For that matter, AT PvP is also dead.
  • Options
    That's what I mean, it would be toned down appropriately for a decent team of ATs to be able to take on successfully.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The AT bad rep comes about because a) some of the builds are too squishy (Blade!) and because they're usually controlled by new players who don't know the ropes.

PS re: knowing the ropes. Isn't it odd, in a superhero game, how little time you spend battling supervillains, outside of Alerts? No surprise people get thrown by more complex mechanics....
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    add in a self heal to ALL AT's between getting your form, when damage goes up and shield, when you get some protection.
    about level 18/19.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Moving this suggestion to appropriate thread:

That new Distinguished helmet of Efficiency (new stat gear) could use an increased chance of energy return really. 5% is just too low to be worth it. If it will be increased we'll see a big increase in diversity of builds to be honest. Everyone values aopm so much mostly thanks to it being able to fix energy problems. So... 20%-25% with a cooldown may be just what we need so that we can finally end the *aopm or die* era?

And yeah, I agree that +10 to all non-super states is kinda low. +75 from older gear is just better than +50 that also does not scale any specs/passive/powers you have. Should be buffed to +20 to all non-super stats imho.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    If someone could post screenshots and/or details about the rewards for Gold Champion Recognition (especially the gear and mods) it would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

Everyone values aopm so much mostly thanks to it being able to fix energy problems.

Or . . . You could like Totally use Recovery as a Superstat.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options

The AT bad rep comes about because a) some of the builds are too squishy (Blade!) and because they're usually controlled by new players who don't know the ropes.

There's no question that the majority of ATs are not optimized builds, but I think "this content is hostile to squishies" isn't really limited to ATs.
  • Options
    I'm curious if anyone has been part of a team of nothing but well-optimized ATs in F&I? If so, how did they fare?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options

I'm curious if anyone has been part of a team of nothing but well-optimized ATs in F&I? If so, how did they fare?​​

I think it would be difficult to organize a team like that, but a Behemoth is totally adequate to tank Frosticus (with support heals) and a Savage should be able to solo tank Kenina, so I think it would go fine as long as the players were experienced.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    Archetypes need a revamp in general. Like all of them. More options through the whole progression.​​
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

Yes, you can. And it doesn't have to be where mechanics are ignored,it's really not that complicated to make it to where(ok, not all, cause there are people who refuse to do anything with the mechanics of a fight, but still) everyone gets to participate without a gear gap. This is not WoW. This is Champions online.

They could take this time to improve the difficulty slider. Give those who want a challenge a challenge (while giving them a worthwhile rewarding for the increased difficulty perhaps give a chance for certain vendor items to drop from the bosses), and others they can choose a setting more fitting to them while still getting access to the vendor.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah if it really comes down to any semblance of the "gear score" concept in any shape or form making its way into this game, count me out. It's a reason why I gave up on RIFT.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    so the distinguished gear, all in all it's shaping up to be rather good, the +42 def makes for a nice overall defense increase for tanks, while being just low enough that the wardicator looping doesn't make it surpass justice gear in offence [comes real close thou] however the +10 to non SS set bonous is just...well... why? personally I would have it be +10 to ALL stats, not just non SS
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

You are correct. For example, Dark Souls locks people out who just don't like games that are demanding of the player's ability to learn patterns and enact good timing. In the same way, any content that is challenging effectively locks out people who are either unable or unwilling to play that level of challenge ( and generally the population is heavily skewed in the direction of unwilling - the unable are mostly drunk people. )

However, you can have content that doesn't lock people out according to their stats. For example, you can have content that never locks out a tank from tanking just because they didn't pick the most min-max'd tank build. You can have content that doesn't lock people out just because they're in Heroics rather than Justice. You can have content that doesn't lock people out just because they didn't stat Con on their dps/healer. This is because you can make content that is challenging in a way that isn't dependent on the damage output or health regeneration of the boss.

Seeing as the new gear is not an upgrade to Justice Gear, that means that all current content is still meant for Heroic Gear players. We still currently have only 2 tiers of endgame gear. Tier 1: Heroic gear & Blues/Purples from the auction house. Tier 2: Justice, Legion, OV, and the new one. Until a third tier comes around, all content is Tier 2 content made for people in Tier 1 gear, hence nobody should be locked out based on numbers, only willingness to engage and learn.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    draogn said:

They could take this time to improve the difficulty slider. Give those who want a challenge a challenge (while giving them a worthwhile rewarding for the increased difficulty perhaps give a chance for certain vendor items to drop from the bosses), and others they can choose a setting more fitting to them while still getting access to the vendor.

Or remove it entirely and instead focus on making well tuned content. People who don't want a challenge will simply stay away from all the challenging content, which will be much easier as it seems they're going to start tagging it as "Epic" content now so those people know to stay away.

Let's keep in mind, we're not talking about pulling a bus with your teeth here. The content may be "more challenging than most content int the game" but that still puts it firmly in the realm of completely doable by everyone. If you could figure out the mechanics of Cybermind, you can figure out the mechanics of the new lair.
  • Options
    notyuu said:

so the distinguished gear, all in all it's shaping up to be rather good, the +42 def makes for a nice overall defense increase for tanks, while being just low enough that the wardicator looping doesn't make it surpass justice gear in offence [comes real close thou] however the +10 to non SS set bonous is just...well... why? personally I would have it be +10 to ALL stats, not just non SS

Best idea I've heard yet. THIS would put it on par with Justice Gear.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,920 Arc User
    Chuold someone please post a full set of the costumes here?, I can't seem to find them XD
    Psi.
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Could they make GCR and SCR bind on account instead of bind on pickup to be tradeble between your characters? So you can swap between using different characters so you don't get tired of farming on the same character.

I would also suggest GCR and SCR earnable from Rampages so people would still queue for this even after lairs get revamped. Plus there would be more of a reason to do Rampages other than just Questionite. It could give a guaranteed GCR/SCR and Questionite drop.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    cryneting said:

Chuold someone please post a full set of the costumes here?, I can't seem to find them XD

I will have to check if there are more costume pieces. Here is a set of all the Teleios costume pieces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQ2qHrVvHI

I really hope the Lava material gets added to ALL the things. I want to just be a giant piece of lava.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,920 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

cryneting said:

I will have to check if there are more costume pieces. Here is a set of all the Teleios costume pieces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQ2qHrVvHI

I really hope the Lava material gets added to ALL the things. I want to just be a giant piece of lava.
    And once more, Thanks Xraz!

Very helpful ^,^
    Psi.
  • Options
    draogn said:

^
    Yep

42 40s, LTSer.