test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massive Tailor Category Overhaul - Looking for Feedback

Comments

• Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    If the pieces are there, then why do I not see them when I look in the clothing category? If they are in there, but I have to use "search" to make them visible, then there is still a problem.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

However, it comes with a drawback. Removing categories will cause any costume using a removed category to default when it enters the tailor. There is no way to get around this.

Would it be possible to add a tab to the tailor that shows you the list of items you are currently wearing all together? Rather than going through each category and manually transcribing every item selected in each category, it'd be great to see the whole list in one place.

This would be useful in general, but perhaps particularly useful to make this transition easier.
  • Options
    kamokami said:

Would it be possible to add a tab to the tailor that shows you the list of items you are currently wearing all together? Rather than going through each category and manually transcribing every item selected in each category, it'd be great to see the whole list in one place.

This would be useful in general, but perhaps particularly useful to make this transition easier.

Ideally the entire list of costume pieces could be made searchable. Then we just take a screenshot of what all we're currently wearing.....or maybe when this patch runs it actually creates a text file with that list in our Live folder.....and then we can search for each individual piece and recreate the costume without needing to learn about all the new categorization to do it.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    If the pieces are there, then why do I not see them when I look in the clothing category? If they are in there, but I have to use "search" to make them visible, then there is still a problem.

It's not? Really?
    oreally_zpsnkipc6z7.jpg​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    eiledon said:

Neph, this isnt the thread for those suggestions, this is directly related to category overhaul not addition of new parts, models, animation etc.​​

Its a thread about costumes I made a comment about costumes. Get outta here man, go shooo ..OFF WITH YA! -_-"

Mother of Zod little puppets from cult 80's films these days are SOOOOOOOO ROOOODE! ಠ_ಠ

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    raighn said:

It's not? Really?

​​

This is one of those times that it's a relief to be wrong.

I don't know why, but I wasn't able to notice the entire category, even though I spent quite a bit of time in that section of the creator. What's really odd, is that I think I actually tried on parts from both hips and clothes, and still missed it.
    Post edited by jellycupsowbug on
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    As long as all of the no-longer-available-to-the-public-when-I-last-played costume pieces I own don't vanish along with the old interface I support this.

raighn said:

It's not? Really?

​​

This is one of those times that it's a relief to be wrong.

I don't know why, but I wasn't able to notice the entire category, even though I spent quite a bit of time in that section of the creator. What's really odd, is that I think I actually tried on parts from both hips and clothes, and still missed it.
    Sometimes you are looking too hard. One of those times where you go "I can't find the milk!" And then someone grabs it right off the shelf in front of you. It happens.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

For male toons, anyway, the "Clothing" category shows if you have Tights going, but not if you have Hips Wear and Gear chosen.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    That happens for females too. Luckily after the overhaul that won't matter any more
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    I probably have an eye tracking problem. I make similar mistakes when I'm navigating forums, and reading spread sheets or dense text.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    Try to put the some of the cyberpunk parts into the robotic category.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    datadaem0ndatadaem0n Posts: 15 Arc User
    If it doesnt mess with sliders then change away,....if it means i can wear a Kabuki mask with a hood then change it FASTER!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    If you really want to overhaul the tailor, follow the STO route and remove the costs entirely. It only stifles creativity for poor noobs like me. :(
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    aesica said:

If you really want to overhaul the tailor, follow the STO route and remove the costs entirely. It only stifles creativity for poor noobs like me. :(

I dunno if you are gold or silver but there is a not-so-secret way for golds to have a neverending supply of costume change tokens......voila, costs entirely removed.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

aesica said:

I dunno if you are gold or silver but there is a not-so-secret way for golds to have a neverending supply of costume change tokens......voila, costs entirely removed.
    I'm silver, so no free workarounds for me. :(
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    aesica said:

Yeah, it's Free To Play not All For Free. Make your costumes at low level and tweak them as much as you can there, costs next to nothing. That's up to you if you want to make changes at higher levels where it costs more.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

aesica said:

Yeah, it's Free To Play not All For Free. Make your costumes at low level and tweak them as much as you can there, costs next to nothing. That's up to you if you want to make changes at higher levels where it costs more.

That's pretty much what I did, and I'm not likely to change anything or even bother with new costume pieces at this point just because there's better things to spend resources on. Like I said, it stifles creativity--something the Star Trek Online team realized long ago and thus, removed all costs associated with tweaking existing costumes or making new ones.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It's not that bad. At level 40, you can pop a resource booster, do a few quick Smashes, and end up with 10 or so G, quite enough to make changes to a costume.

That said, I do think the cost to change costumes is a bit silly and pointless, and wouldn't care if it went away.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    @aesica
    Did you get to join a Supergroup (SG)? If so, you will get an additonal costume slot to use.

I am part of Free Costume Slots R' Us, whose sole purpose is to grant that free costume slot. After joining, you keep the slot even when you leave the SG. You do not get additional slots for joining SGs past the first one.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Robotic

Needs its own category due to how the legs attach.

​​

Is the same true for arms? There are very few arm options in the robot category. Would it be possible to have arms in robot category that use tights patterns?

Honestly. I wish we could just do away with the robot category because of how limiting it is and how few z-store costumes it is compatible with. :/

The Toxic Steele costume is cool looking but highlights a lot of the problems with the robotic category.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2015

kaizerin said:

Robotic

Needs its own category due to how the legs attach.

​​

Is the same true for arms? There are very few arm options in the robot category. Would it be possible to have arms in robot category that use tights patterns?

Honestly. I wish we could just do away with the robot category because of how limiting it is and how few z-store costumes it is compatible with. :/

The Toxic Steele costume is cool looking but highlights a lot of the problems with the robotic category.
    The upcoming Toy Soldier costume bits (AKA those used by the Action Figures and Test Dummies) will be a robotic limb with tights patterns associated to it. I don't think it'll offer the full range of tights options, but it w go aill long way towards this goal.

Edit: I very strongly support these changes to the tailor. Moving bracers under gloves in particular seems like a big positive to me. It'll make combining gloves and bracers a lot easier. I would ask however, that more bracers be made available with jackets.
  • Options
    butstonfreembutstonfreem Posts: 8 Arc User
    One thing I would love to see is a second mouth category. Many of the mouth pieces could yield some interresting combinations and it has long been a dream of mine to use the Steampunk Mustaches with some of the other beards.
  • Options

One thing I would love to see is a second mouth category. Many of the mouth pieces could yield some interresting combinations and it has long been a dream of mine to use the Steampunk Mustaches with some of the other beards.

Seconded......... I would love a scond mouth category.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm in the suggestion that all Hairstyles need to be Unisex!

I Third this, not only for Facial Hair, but many other Mouth Accesories as well!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    I'm in the suggestion that all Hairstyles need to be Unisex!

I Third this, not only for Facial Hair, but many other Mouth Accesories as well!

I Fourth this notion​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    Any chance of getting material types on weapons? This would go a long way towards making it possible to "elemental melee" characters. My ice character, Ice-9, would LOVE to be able to hit the bad guys with an ice sword.
  • Options

Fifth!

:smiley:

• Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User

One thing I would love to see is a second mouth category.

Yes, doubling the hair category was a remarkable improvement for variety, and would possibly be even more so for mouth.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Not mentioned yet, but it's something we totally need:

Coat bottoms usable with anything (they can be just something attached to belt, you know) most importantly that veteran reward wizard coat bottom.
    Same goes for new shadows waist cape tail, should be usable with more cloth options than just it.
    Qliphotic cape usable with anything
    Shoulder capes usable with all big shoulders
    Post edited by shiningdarkness#2717 on
  • Options
    kamokami said:

when this patch runs it actually creates a text file with that list in our Live folder.....and then we can search for each individual piece and recreate the costume without needing to learn about all the new categorization to do it.

Just want to bump this point again as it would be awesome.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    it's made for some funny costumes with the new combinations available​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    Can we get the mace hands available? the ones from the Alien guards in nemcon?
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    gradii said:

More sliders! STO has waist, hips, stomach, ribs, 2 shoulder sliders (adjusting different aspects) and a larger variety of face and nose sliders.

Wish GRANTED!

PTS NOTES
    -increases breasts sliders by 300%
    -new hips, butt, waist sliders
    - jiggle physics added

o3o
  • Options
    ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    I make agreement on the mouth accessory note for a second one... but let's get crazy! How about two of helmets, eye acessories, mouth acessories, side, top, collar, bracers, leg, arm, shoulder, back, chest, hip, belt, foot and feet accessories... I'd say two tails but that one won't work well given how it is set up.​​
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @avianos : I second and fourth these notions.

Also, we need vertical neck and upper body sliders for reasons.
  • Options
    Orangeitis.....thats pretttttty close to Gingervitis <_<"

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    How about the Long Glove Hook hand piece added to right hand instead of just on left hand?
  • Options
    crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    Talisman's waist cape. We need one without the hanging in the front for more variety options. Just saying it would be nice to add.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    nepht said:

Orangeitis.....thats pretttttty close to Gingervitis

I'm a lot harder to cure though. ;)
  • Options

I'm a lot harder to cure though. ;)

Legendary :D
  • Options
    tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Please make all tight patterns avaliable in all leg options. Example: Valerian Scarlet tights are not there for medium skirts. Nor is arcane leg pattern.
    If the Bird people hip layer is going to be a normal clothing option in tights and skin legs, please give it the option for the front cloth there too.
    Hooks for both hands

...Oh and bring back the broken costume parts like Immortal spark, destroyer gloves, and the rest of em...
    Post edited by tazy on
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    would like to see tribal (stone/flint looking) knife, leg accessory ported over to male model
  • Options
    thecegorachthecegorach Posts: 60 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Hey all! Making this thread to get some feedback on an idea I want to implement. I want to do a massive category overhaul for the tailor as our current categories are a mess and most are redundant.

[much snipped]

Please respond with your thoughts and questions!​​

Very much support.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So... is this still up on the to-do list? If you've shelved this then please, please let us know... it'd be far less tormenting than leaaving us to think it might still happen if it's not going to...
    Post edited by raighn on
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    Yes, I for one would like for this to happen. Is it still in the planning/implementation phase?

One thing I would like to see is all the Subligar/Hips layer items be available for beast legs...There is no reason I can think of that would preclude the Armored Subligar not being an option for Beast Legs. Make them all available please.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    What will happen with the Full shirts category? it wasn't mentioned! This category could be merged to eliminate stupid restrictions, its really obsecure one, it doesn't deserver to have a seperate category
    It piss me off that I cannot use Wizards and Pirate Shirt with other costumes

How is this massive project going anyway?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User

This is idea is superb, but it will bring much pain to vet players with lots of toons with lots of costumes.

My main toons are level 40, and each has 8-10 costumes. Significant changes, for a lifer (tailor discount), cost 10-15 G per toon. For 8 costume slots, that's pretty steep.

Is there a way that the server could detect a "defaulted" costume, and then grant a costume change token at that moment?

Ah like how when they change something in the powers your given a free token, Great Idea.
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)